Start by marking “Protective Custody” as Want to Read:
Protective Custody

Protective Custody

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  181 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Paisley McCoy is a sexy reporter who writes about the San Francisco club scene for a local magazine. Having a dad on the force has led to one hard and fast rule – she doesn’t date cops. She likes her men sensitive and intellectual, two qualities in short supply in any cop she’s ever met. But now she’s stuck with this standard-issue cop – aggressive, opinionated, and sure h ...more
ebook
Published January 7th 2014 (first published September 10th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Protective Custody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protective Custody

Brenda
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paige-tyler
Paige Tyler is an amazing author, love all her books and this one is no different!

Put me in 'Protective Custody' if I can meet up with a sexy inspector like Gray Beckham! ;)

Paisley McCoy is a strong willed, independent woman that likes things her way. She loves her job, and why not she gets to play while she works or is it works while she plays! Writing reviews on Nightclubs for the San Francisco local magazine has it's benefits until Paisley finds herself in a stalker situation! Will she be ab
Lady Raven RAVE!
This was a good read for me. It has a stalker, a sexy inspector, a sexy captain's daughter and hot steaming sex. This is my first full length novel by the author and I enjoyed it as well as entertained. It's an erotic contemporary and though it has a lot of sex it comes with a storyline. Contains graphic erotic sex and spanking.

Paisley works as a reviewer for night clubs, her office was just broken into and now her home. Her father is the captin of SFPD and is concern for his daughter's safety.
Kris
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved paisley and gray!
hes a hot cop who doesn't want to babysit the bosses daughter! but is pulled off his case to do so! she doesn't want to be babysat! but well you know put two hotties together and you get protective custody!
he loved that she is spunky and smart he doesn't like she has a stalker!
she hates that hes a cop! but she loves that hes hot, smart and willing! they work really well together and the stalker was creepy! took me most of the book to figure out who it was very nicely
8o's
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: men-in-uniform
Protective Custody is a great story featuring a club reporter Paisley McCoy and Inspector Gray Beckham. Gray is assigned to watch over Paisley after her office is broken into and her apartment is almost broken into. Turns out Paisley has a stalker and Gray is the perfect cop to keep Paisley protected and out of trouble.

I really enjoyed the story-line, the bit of mystery of who the stalker was, and of course the erotic scenes, especially the spanking one. I love Paige's writing style. Highly rec
Ruthie Taylor
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This is a well written story about a cop's daughter with a stalker, and the inspector detailed to look after her. Clever plot, steamy romance and desired ending - perfect escapism!

Wicked Reads Review Team
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Paisley has a stalker and her police chief father assigns detective Gray as her bodyguard. Their attraction is instant and explosive. Despite the danger that Paisley is in, the focus of the book is her and Grays growing relationship. The stalker stays in the background of this story and that's fine by me.I figured out early on who it was anyway and it didn't detract from the story at all. This book is hotter than hell, and I couldn't get enough of Paisley and Gray. Easy short sexy read.
Alison Jansen
Aug 11, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a fun, light read that I found really enjoyable. It has some hot moments and a hot alpha male, just up my alley!!!

Paisley (is that really a name???) has a father who is a Police Chief, so when it appears she has a stalker of the crazy variety, he assigns his best Inspector to be her 24 hour body guard. The minute she sets her eyes on the man candy by the name of Gray she knows she is done for, she makes one half arsed attempt to get away from him, which he curtails swiftly. Gray, is non
Rebecca Rose
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paisley McCoy's office just got broken into. She didn't want to make a big deal about--after all, they didn't take anything. But then someone tries to get into her home, while she's there. Left with no choice but to tell her father, who just happens to be the Chief of Police for the SFPD, she must except that the hunky, by the book bodyguard her father assigned to protect her, might be the best distraction she's ever wanted.

He was on a stakeout, and now his chances of catching the SOB might be i
Adrienne
Apr 15, 2014 rated it liked it
This was just okay....I was not terribly impressed by the introduction of the "villain" aka the stalker. It was just so obvious who he was and the whole connection with the gum chewing was so unnecessary. I could see it being something if it had to do with evidence left behind at the crime scene or at Paisley's apartment or something but it just seemed too vague and obvious of a connection. I think Paige Tyler should give her readers a little more credit than that because the stalker was obvious ...more
Janet Juengling-Snell
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Protective Custody was another fabulous read by Paige Tyler. She has yet to disappoint me.

In this story, we have a headstrong, very independent woman named Paisley McCoy, who father happens to be the police chief. When her father finds out that her office at work was broke into and someone tried to break into her home, he puts her into protective custody with one of his Inspector’s, Gray Beckham. Gray, was pulled off a burglary stakeout and isn’t too happy with the situation, even after meeting
Tracey
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
God how I love a good cop story. And this meets the mark. Inspector Gray Beckham is asked to protect his boss's daughter Paisley McCoy from a robber who turns out to be a murderer. He is upset to be babysitting and especially doesn't want to babysit a spoiled brat. She doesn't like cops and sees him as bossy and demanding. As expected, the sparks fly right off and Gray doesn't hesitate to give her some good old fashioned discipline to establish who is in charge in this relationship. However, the ...more
Whispers From
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this ARC for a honest review. There's a cop, a reporter, sex, suspense and a stalker. I truly enjoyed this story. Paisley is a reporter who has a stalker. Gray is an inspector her father, the chief of police, assigns to stay with her. They try to fight their attraction but finally give in to it.
*****SPOILER******
One part the stalker has Paisley in the warehouse and Gray comes in... he tells the stalker they can make this right and he says " bullshit I'm a cop I know how this works."
Kim
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from Amazon and I am voluntarily writing an honest review. First let me say I love this authors romantic suspense books. Paisley is the daughter of the San Francisco Chief of Police and is the object of an obsessive stalker. Her father puts her in Protective Custody with Inspector Gray Beckham until the stalker is caught which escalates the stalkers aggression exhibited by killing her ex boyfriend. While hiding out in a safe house she receives a cell phone call from her ...more
Kristin Elyon
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Protective Custody was a wonderful book with a plot that will keep you on your toes and off to a safe house yourself. What? The sex scenes are so hot, not only will you be squirming in your seat, you might need some alone time with your bed, that's why you need a safe house ;)

Anyways, aside from the scorching sizzling sex between the hottie cop and good girl this story has a great storyline. I read it all in one day just because I couldn't put it down. When it was revealed who the bad guy was I
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Nov 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Paisley is a headstrong twenty-eight year old who writes reviews of the local nightclubs for the San Francisco Bay Beat. When her office is broken into and someone tries to break into her home while she’s in it her father who is the Captain of the police department decides she need round the clock protection and assigns one of his officers, Gary Beckham.

Gary is a by the book cop and it isn’t long before he is having to show the headstrong Paisley how serious he takes his job by putting her over
Karen Oehlke
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received and ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The thing I loved about this book, yes of course it had lots of sex in it so not that, is that it kept me in the dark until toward the end of who she needed protective custody from. There was nothing like in lots of books that gave it away. I am such an avid reader that I normally see signs of the who done it's. This one I did not.

However, in a few places there were words missing. This in no way reflects solely on the author so I have chosen no
Merle
Apr 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Well-done romantic suspense, even though the bad guy is telegraphed pretty early on. The Chief's daughter is being troubled by what seems to be a stalker, and said stalker is being more and more territorial. Dad thinks 24-hour protection is in order. Inspector Grey Beckham is working on a burglary detail and is surprised to be pulled off to babysit the Chief's daughter. Said daughter is not happy about it, either.

However, as you might expect, they take one look at each other and sparks fly; a li
Jo
May 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars. These kind of stories are a dime a dozen, yet I really love to read them. The only issue I have with the story is that the main couple thinking about love after only a couple of days...hello! attraction/lust doesn't equal love. The story was really short, so I assume that is the reason for the accelerated feelings, although I don't need to hear the couple say anything of the sort just to like the story.
Theresa Scarangella
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Paisley McCoy's desk at her office was ransacked and when she got home later, someone tried to break in. Being a daughter of a police captain had it's advantages and disadvantages. Gray Beckham was asked by the captain to watch over his daughter. There is a stalker out there after her. They are thrown together.
I liked the story very much and think you wouldn't be disappointed. There are a lot of steamy sex scenes in this book.
I read this book as part of a boxed set of the Dangerous Dozen.
Laurel

This review is from: Protective Custody (Kindle Edition)
I just read Paige Tyler's new book protective Custody.I suggest you read it early. I started it at night and was up till 2 AM
because I couldn't put it down. It has a little bit of many things, mystery, suspense, erotic spanking and hot sex.
I won't be a spoiler but there are some Red Herrings.
Donna
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super sexy cop and the bosses daughter. The Captains daughter is being stalked and the Capt. assigns the new guy to protect her. The stalker escalates and so does the heat between Paisley and Police Inspector Gray Beckham. I loved the heat but I knew who the stalker was from the beginning. Not a bad story just not as great as Paige Tyler's other work.
Denise
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
First I would like to say I received a copy of this book for free. But I really did like it. I thought the development of Paisly and Grays relationship was great. Just enough angst to make it funny. I thought the ending, who stalked her was predictable. Although Paige had me questioning myself a few times at first.
Readers Roundtable
A Recommended Read! Ms. Tyler captivated me with her writing style, impressive voice, and extremely well developed characters. To view the rest of this review, please visit http://thereadersroundtable.com/eroti...
Michelle
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Paige has a true gift for writing hot and steamy tales with engaging characters and this one was no different.

Paisley was likeable, but it was Gray who kept my attention to the end. I love a man in uniform!
Carol and Gary Curtis
Good cop/ romance. I enjoyed the plot and the characters. This author does a good sex scene, both action and dialogue. I've read ms. Tyler a number of times and will try to find more that interest me.
Beckey
I found the book to be a quick but enjoyable story.. A bit rushed in some section but overall a great book with unexpected ending of whodunit...

See my full review on my blog.

I received the book from the author for an honest review, Thank you.
Maria
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it
This story kept me intrigued. I had a suspect since the beginning, but it was nice to discover at the end that I was not wrong.
Barbara
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Paige Tyler doesn't disappoints her readers. This book had everything suspense, sexy love story, and a very hot sexy cop. A must read.
Deanna
May 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars
Sonia
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hot police inspector protects police chief's daughter from stalker. Very steamy,good storyline,crazy stalker,you sorta have a clue who is it but wasn't sure until stalker actually gets her.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando)
  • I'll Be Watching You
  • Found Wanting
  • A Spanking for Valentine
  • High Tide
  • Mountain Hero (Hero, #1)
  • Dark Powers (Decorah Securities #4)
  • Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1)
  • Moving Too Fast (Destiny Bay: Forever Yours #3)
  • Something Borrowed
  • The French Detective's Woman
  • Takedown (Precinct, #6; The Precinct Series, #12)
  • Dark Surrender (Gothic Historical Romance, #1)
  • Imposter (The Protectors #1)
  • With Full Malice
  • High Stakes Gamble (Vegas, #4)
  • Midnight Reflections
  • Wake-Robin Ridge

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be