Start by marking “Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg” as Want to Read:
Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg

Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg

Send your kids on an adventure! This fun children's picture book is about a boy with red hair and freckles named Terry, yet everybody calls him Terry Treetop because he loves climbing trees. Terry finds a small egg, and his quest is to bring it back home to its mom. But where is the egg's home? Does the egg belong to a turtle on the sand or a crocodile's spring water? Did ...more
Published December 23rd 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 26th 2013)

Start your review of Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg
Jane
I purchased Terry Treetop ant the Lost Egg and read it to my four-year-old preschool class for the first time. One of the things I look for in children's books is rhyming books so the children can hear the sounds in our language and begin to understand rhyming words and how word endings sound alike. The pictures are bright, attractive and the children loved the little redheaded boy in the story. The story was empowering for the children, as Terry was successful with his quest to solve the proble ...more
Nancy
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
I was looking for books to read to my grandchildren. This was a free book from amazon. The artwork is cute. Terry Treetop has a big round head, with no neck, and a small body. He goes camping with his family, and finds an egg. He carefully puts the egg in a basket lined with soft leaves to protect the egg, and then starts looking for the eggs mother. He visits various animals, and learns the egg doesn't belong to them, but learns about those animals. He finally finds the mother, after the egg ha ...more
Barbara Ann
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
his is another book in a series from the Happy Inspired Children’s Books Collection featuring an endearing young boy named Terry Treetop because he loves climbing trees. In this one, Terry has found an egg lying on the ground. He vows to protect it at all costs until he can locate the mother. Terry meets several animals on his journey including a turtle, alligator, frog , hen and parrot. Along the way, the reader is introduced to the way each of these animals nourishes and takes care of its youn ...more
Jaideep Khanduja
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terry Treetop books are always rich in content and illustrations. I have been reading them with a good interest. And they always deliver a good message in a short span. A must for all kids. Rather for any age kids. This is an interesting hunt by Terry Treetop.
Dharani Kannan
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Not talking about the story, but about the illustrations, for that's exactly the reason why I tried this book. I loved the specifications in the illustrations and happy that I learnt something useful from it.

The story is simple and children would like it too. But it seemed more poetic for children to read. Children who could understand poetry might find this story too simple. Anyhow, hats off for the author for penning down books that children admire.
Ruth Tel-tsur
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I bought the second book in the series for my little niece because she loves "Terry Treetop" and his adventures...They are always fun, and rhyming makes her laugh so much, she will be making me read this book many times..The illustrations are cute, big and colorful..It's summer camping time and Terry finds a "lost little egg" on the ground..Terry is a good and happy boy so we follow him as he looks for the "Mom"....This is where it becomes educational because each new "Animal Mom", shows him the ...more
Diane Chattaway
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My kids and I are no stranger to the awesome adventures of Terry Treetop. In fact, we just had a lovely journey with him this week ... So lovely that we decided to go for another ride.

This time we worried, we hoped and we celebrated as Terry Tree top struggles to find where an egg he found belongs.

This book was a tad different than our first run in with Terry. This time we were dazzled with dr. suess like rhymes. "Which Avery, my lovely 7 year old" LOVED.

We are big rhyming book lovers in t
Marcia Galovits
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Preschooler to lower elementary
Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg is a delightful story written by Tali Carmi. Unlike Terry Treetop Finds New Friends, which is written in prose, this new book is written as a poem and some readers, not used to reading poetry to their children might not like it as well. However, I have an author's audio version of the book and Tali Carmi's reading was moving. It made my own attempt sound amateurish. I have a new respect for poets after reading the Lost Egg. And most children love books of rhyme, so ...more
Mihaela Day
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
9 Things I Love & Learnt About Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg

1. This book is about a cute little boy with red hair and freckles named Terry…
2. Everybody calls him Terry Treetop because he loves climbing trees, we come to find out from the book :)
3. In this particular story Terry finds a small egg, and his quest is to bring it back home to its mom…the story is simple, yet interesting and beautiful!
4. This story is the perfect tool to teach your little ones about the habitat and environment of di
Niki
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
My son was happy to read a new book, especially since he likes the Terry Treetop series. Terry Treetop is a really cute little boy who loves to climb trees.
In this book, he finds an egg and searches everywhere to return it to it's home. He comes across quite a few different animals who have eggs but a different kind. What I really like is that little kids can learn about the different eggs that some animals have. Kids will also learn about how nice it is to help others, like Terry Treetop alway
Darlene
This was a free distraction for me. I liked that the kid was called chubby. Chubby kids need love, too! Though I loved the spirit of the book I found that had I been reading it to my children, way back when, I would have to spend a while explaining why a child shouldn't talk to reptiles like alligators and crocodiles, or even possible snapping turtles. I'm glad that the child is encouraged to climb trees and roam around, hopefully, at five years old, with an adult or older sibling. The other thi ...more
Pamela Marks
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg is about a little boy who loves to climb trees. While climbing a tree during a camping trip he spots an egg, and sets out on an adventure to return it to the rightful owner.

The illustrations were very cute. My 6 year old daughter Dorothy listened while I read this to her. She loves our Snuggle and Story time.
In 1st grade they learned a lot about animal habitats so this fit right in with what she had learned.
To be honest I learned a few things about habitats while r
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg was a cute story that followed Terry Treetop as he tried to find the Lost Egg's home. Throughout the story kids are introduced to animals, their habitats, and how they take care of their eggs/babies.

The only problem I found with the book was that the writing/rhyming was a little rough at the beginning. Regardless I still thought that the story was cute and the illustrations were fun and colorful. My 5 year old said that he would like to read the other books in the
Jenessa Mullen
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it

The kids and I loved reading about Terry Treetop and his adventure to find the mother of the lost egg. The kids loved the pictures, the story and the animals. We are now reading other books by Tali Carmi and the kids love Terry Treetop!

Tali CarmiTerry Treetop and the Lost Egg Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg by Tali Carmi
Gisela Hausmann
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tali Carmi’s “Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg” is one of these awesome books, which tell, teach, and engage. Undoubtedly, younger readers of this book will be eager to solve the puzzle, “who is mom of the egg that Terry found." Terry’s questions various animals, who tell him how about their eggs – what they look like, how the protect them, and how they’ll take care of their babies.

It’s a well tested, successful teaching system, and this book is no exception. In particular I appreciated that the a
Deborah Bean
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg by Tali Carmi has good illustrations to capture a young child’s attention. I am, however concerned about the content of the story. First of all, we teach our children not to touch animal’s eggs, and this book has him taking it all around. Second, is the alligator, do we really want to teach the children to walk up to such a dangerous animal? I applaud that the author is making books fun for the little ones, but we have to keep in mind that these same little ones be ...more
E.C. Kraeft
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This rhyming story is cutely written with facts about animals that lay eggs. I agree with the author’s book description in that it is good book for read alouds. It is also a good book for beginning readers who are transitioning into becoming independent. The text could send the wrong message to kids to pick up birds’ eggs or approach different wild animals if the child is not good at depicting the difference between real and make-believe.

Please note: I acquired this book for free on Kindle.
Sara Reis
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've just read this great story to my son. I think I enjoyed it more than him because he is still too young to fully understand it. This is a great educational book with amazing rhymes and good illustrations. The first time I heard about this book was here in Goodreads' giveaways, and then I was lucky and got the kindle edition for free on Amazon. I really enjoyed this book and I will be buying next Tali Carmi books. ...more
Brenda Perlin
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Kids: Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg" by Tali Carmi is a sweet story about Terry’s adventures. Terry Treetop goes camping and it is then that he discovers an egg. He is on a mission to find the mother. It’s an educational story as well as a fun escape. This is a happy tale with wonderful vivid illustrations. I love that this teaches kids to appreciate nature. I found this to be a touching book that children and their parents can share together. ...more
Vanessa
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a cute little story of a boy helping out another creature where he lives. Instead of seeing the egg and continue to walk by, he takes it upon himself the help it. We need a little more of that these days, so I really like reading it to my daughter. She also enjoys the pictures and playing eye spy with it.
Fireslily
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Like the other books, I love the illustrations and the educational content. The biggest problem with this one is that the author tries too hard for the rhymes. It makes the story awkward to read. Overall, a pretty good book, but could use a bit of work.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Mandy
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Okay, let me just start with the character, Chubby. He is so adorable! I thought my 6yr old daughter may be too old for this book but she absolutely loved it! So much so that she wanted to read it the following night as well. She loved the rhyming too. We need to dig into more Terry Treetop books tonight!
Wendy Unsworth
Wonderful illustrations and a great little story with a nice message about caring for nature. I enjoyed Terry's adventure as he looked for the true home for the egg he found. For me, the rhyming text didn't always work, but the author did a good job conveying this cute story. ...more
Sara
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book after winning a giveaway for it. I enjoyed this book with my daughters aged 8 and 4. They really enjoyed listening to how helpful terry was and they loved seeing all the different animal eggs. It was a very enjoyable read and I would love to read the other terry treetop books.
Stacie Wyatt
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read Terry Treetop and the lost egg in exchange for honest review from Tomoson. I wanted to read the book for my kids. The book teaches kids about eggs and their mothers. I also loved the graphics in the book. Great quick read.
Rebecca
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was so cute. It reminded me of the Dr. Suess book Are you My Mother. Terry is the cutest kid and such a kind soul. Your child will enjoy reading this book and learning about different animals and their habitat.
Marielle Altenor
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had fun reading this story to my little man. We also went and got the coloring page and did the coloring together. The story is cute and easy to read. Looking forward to more stories about Terry Treetop and his adventures.
Stephanie
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
A potentially good book.
But the rhymes are off, and the spelling and punctuation are amiss.
Jonathan Vine
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
cute story, loved the rhymes
Clacie
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Thought it was just ok

It was ok. The kids weren't really impressed. Probably they won't ask me to read it again, which is fine with me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• El Recreo Recess (Bilingual ReadersTM)
  • Christmas Stories for Kids
  • Cipriano, el vampiro vegetariano. (Cipriano, el vampiro vegetariano, #1)
  • Spike the Dinosaur
  • El libro de las estrellas
  • The Tale of the Clownfish and the Great Shark
  • Cedric The Shark...Gets Toothache!
  • El Niño Volador 1
  • Happy Monsters!
  • 5 Minute Tales - Bedtime Stories
  • Pirate Princess (A Different Princess)
  • Willy the Whale: Short Stories, Games, and Jokes!
  • Wiggly the Worm
  • Goldie the Unicorn
  • Me Tawk Funny
  • The Jungle Crew
  • La piedra verde (Las aventuras de Txano y Óscar)
  • I Love to Keep My Room Clean
Tali Carmi spent her childhood in a small town in the desert.
She memorized and knew by heart many books that her parents read to her when she was very little. She played with words and rhymes and wrote her first book of songs at the age of ten.
After many years of turning to other hobbies and maintaining a successful career, she now writes again for young children.
Tali is the CEO and founder of a s

News & Interviews

“This little boy is five years old, and big trees he loved to climb! His special name is Terry” 0 likes
“From tadpoles, they” 0 likes