Start by marking “Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5)

Beauty and the Mustache (Winston Brothers 0.5)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  14,623 Ratings  ·  1,461 Reviews
There are three things you need to know about Ashley Winston: 1) She has six brothers and they all have beards, 2) She is a reader, and 3) She knows how to knit.

Former beauty queen, Ashley Winston’s preferred coping strategy is escapism. She escaped her Tennessee small town, loathsome father, and six brothers eight years ago. Now she escapes life daily via her Amazon kind
Paperback, 1st Edition, 376 pages
Published August 24th 2014 by Cipher-Naught

Christy
5 stars!

description

Beauty in the Mustache is my favorite full length novel by Reid to date. It was AMAZING (Ninja at First Sight is my favorite thing she’s ever written, but this is a very close second!) and I can’t believe I waited so long to read it! This one will make you laugh, cry, smile and swoon. Drew was amazing with his poetry and sweet nature. Ashley is tough and resilient. She is also fun and feisty. They were a perfect couple!

I can’t recommend this book- or anything that Penny Reid writes enou
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I must begin this review by apologizing to Penny Reid.
For I received this arc in august and I read it not too long after it landed on my kindle app. Unfortunately, or quite the contrary actually, this book struck me deeply emotionally and I wasn't expecting it. I was in a fragile space at the time, personally, due to family matters and the subject treated in your book was both linked to this and my personal situation in regard of (view spoiler)
So I read
Ana
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
/Reread in October 2016

Beards. So many beards. Brown beards, blonde beards, ginger beards... By the beard of Zeus, there are so many beards in this book. Not that I mind. I have a newfound appreciation of bearded men.

I used to hate beards. Jared Leto has shown me the error of my ways.

photo 107880_subitem_full_zpspqcpwgm0.gif

Thanks dude. I am now a beard groupie.

photo 9f31274d47bb25ea0e957feaf694b459_zpsqljrwf1m.gif

Beards+romance+humor+beautiful scenery= a 5 star book.

Penny Reid, I bow down before your excellence. There is nothing left for me to do but...

photo giphy_zps47qvt5ga.gif
XxTainaxX
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
FREE today on AMAZON!!

Why did I ever wait so long to read this author!? I loved this book. It was funny, sweet, romantic, emotional, poetic, and sexy! The whole package. Drew and Ash meet after he wakes her up by revving an engine and she retaliates as she would any of her 6 brothers.

There's a reluctant attraction on either side but Drew seems to feel more strongly about resisting the allure than Ash does. Drew is actually friends with Ash's mom too and things get complicated as a family situat
Brandi
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4.5 Stars

description

I adored this story. I can't believe I waited so long to meet bossy and broody, Drew Runous - a sexy, outdoorsy, alpha male type, who also - quotes Nietzsche, bakes pies and writes poetry. Yes, I did quiet a bit of swooning.

He was the bodice ripper, Scottish highlander or Viking conqueror, historical romance kind; an unshaven, lion wrestling, mountain man recluse, toss you over his shoulder and plunder your goodies kind of handsome. He was both scary and swoony. I wanted to braid his b
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Penny Reid Fans, Knitting In the City, Romance
5 Only Penny Reid Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
I am at a loss. I cannot address all of the things I feel about this book without taking away your personal experience of it. So I won't.

What I will share is the gift this book is ... in so many ways. She gives us amazing characters; humor, banter, and just plain goodness throughout every chapter...real dialogue and thoughts... things every day people think about and do...assumptions siblings make and she does it all with an intelligence which just m
♥Sharon♥
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WHOOOT!! IT'S LIVE. COME ON YOU ONE CLICK ADDICTS, IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO MEET DREW RUNOUS!❤

5 +++++ Sexy, Sexy, Viking Stars!

“From which stars have we fallen to meet each other here?”
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

photo batmcollage1_zps97835025.png Penny Reid is really amazing. From the first chapter, her words and writing style holds a promise that what your about to read will be FANTASTIC. Batm was fantastic. It was amazing. It was sexy. It was funny. And the cherry on top of all that was Drew Runous. (I’ll get to him a little later i
ღFloღ the coffee addict
6 **philosophical** STARS

“We are most awake to the world and to our own longings and desires when we suffer.”

I'm legit speechless. This book was absolutely perfect to me - from beginning to the end. I can only warn you, this is going to turn into a huge gush fest. It took me a week to put my thoughts in order and write this review and still I don't feel I can do this book justice in any way. I'm just going to say it, and it's already November, so it's not such a far leap...Beauty and the Mus
Rachel Reads Ravenously
FREE ON AMAZON! 7/21/17

“With you there are only two distances that matter: Here. Not here. You are not here.”

photo beauty and the mustache.png

Ashley Winston is a former beauty queen who left home as a teenager for college and 8 years later never returned. Tormented by her 6 goofy brothers, she distanced herself from everyone in her family except her mother. Ashley receives news that her mother is in the hospital and will not see anyone, so she rushes home from Chicago to Tennessee to see
Beverly
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Beverly by: Mandy
5 Bless it… Stars

“Fear don’t count if you really want something.”

Let me start by saying this is one of the most beautiful, well written stories I have ever read. From the very beginning I was hooked and it wasn’t because there was a crazy twist or suspenseful plot, no it is because Ms. Reid had me falling in love with her characters.

A little bit about me. I actually live near where this book is set. My dad was in the military so I grew up all over the place, but since my dad retired in my te
Belle Aurora
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***6+ stars***

Penny Reid astounds me.

When you think of Penny Reid and her writing, you expect a certain something.
Namely depth, love and smart humour.
She delivered - as per usual - but this time, she gave more. More than I expected. More than I knew I wanted but was ecstatic to receive.

9% into this story, I had to stop and gather my emotions before reading on.
I spent majority of this book overwhelmed by the beauty of words; something that rarely happens to me.

I love Penny's author voice, and I h
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 STARS :D

I finished this book but I'm still thinking about this all over again!It was an emotional read!The writing was so beautiful, the story,the characters ...everything was perfect! I love when I become emotionally with realistic books!The characters were intelligent !I think it's the first book that I did not only love the main characters also the supportive once..Each chapter begins with a quote!This was so clever!!!This story is about family,love,friendship,loss and acceptance.

After
Geri Reads
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5++++ stars!

Fire burns blue and hot.
Its fair light blinds me not.
Smell of smoke is satisfying, tastes nourishing to my tongue.
I think fire ageless; never old, and yet no longer young.
Morning coals are cool, daylight leaves me blind.
I love the fire most because of what it leaves behind.

This book made me happy and in love. Full stop.

It’s one of those reads that didn’t have unnecessary angst, just a well thought out plot with awesome dialogue and great characters all around. I’ve enjoyed
Didi
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'M AT A LOSS FOR WORDS. Maybe not, but it feels like that. This was...PERFECTION. I want to wrap this book around me and lose myself in it's intensity. I loved it!

I love this series, it's everything you would want. It's romantic, laugh out loud, bust open your gut-hilarious, sweet, smart, witty, with great friends I wish I knew, wonderful support, fantastic fun times and heroes that not only make you swoon, but effortlessly melt into a puddle. My favorite so far was Friends Without Benefits. I
Jen
5 For the Love of Nietzsche Stars

It seemed he had a gift for shocking the butter off my biscuits.

Sweet. Baby. Jesus. Yes!

Do I feel like I'm objectifying Drew and his quiet and steady brand of awesomeness by posting a hot viking gif? Kinda, but I've come to terms with my pervy self and I've decided I'm OK with it.

"Roosters need a purpose. If you don’t give a rooster a purpose, they make trouble.”

Drew and Ashley together made for a sweet and lovely book, but the way Penny Reid can weave together
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

"Roses are red, violets are blue, rhyming is hard. Wine.” - Sandra

Beauty and The Mustache is the book I was looking forward to most and it certainly didn't disappoint but here's the thing - if you read books out of order in a series oftentimes you miss out on a lot of details or insider jokes. So when Penny said that you need to have read the previous books in the series to enjoy Marriage of Inconvenience I started catching up via audiobooks. Now I find mysel
Catarina
4,5 “SO MANY BEARDS” Stars

description

Ashley left home and her family behind a few years ago to find a life for herself in Chicago. She never regretted that decision and she never returned home. But when a sad family event happens she has to come home to her mother and her biggest support and her six (yes, SIX!) bearded brothers. Its when she meets Drew, another awesome and yes, bearded, man that will make her feel things that she wasn’t used to.

description

Their lives are different, they live in different cities but
Christie«SHBBblogger»
This book is currently FREE right now! (7-21-17) If you haven't read it yet, what are you waiting for?
-->Amazon

Title: Beauty and the Mustache
Series:Knitting in the City #4
Author:Penny Reid
Release date:September 9 , 2014
Rating:5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Drew was beautiful and poetic and raw and real.

The end. Enough said.

Alright...maybe I'll talk about a little more.

When I heard that Drew was a poet I already knew I was going to love him. Add into that, tha
Jill
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jill by: Didi

My first Penny Reid...er, read. The romance was lovely; the story in turns funny and sad. But it was the six hirsute Winston brothers that stole the show for me. I'm a hero-centric, male-oriented reader, so with the hero and six bearded, backwoods boys on my reading radar I was a pretty happy camper.

Lots of fun. Now, if only Ms Reid would write a series featuring the Winston brothers...

Steam: 2.5
Dee Montoya
*****5++++ Pogonophile Stars*****

*ARC so kindly provided by the author.* ❤

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

photo 29138824-8d71-403c-bc00-0064e849f3c4_zps5fa46cc9.jpg

BATM is the fourth book of the Knitting in the City series, I recommend reading them all, because each book is truly AMAZE-BALLS! but this one can also be read as a standalone.

Ashley is a pediatric nurse who left her hometown of Green Valley, Tennessee to go live in the city, looking for a better future far away from the
Sabrina
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Currently FREE
Amazon US * Barnes & Noble

4 'Melted my butter' Stars

I've been meaning to go back and read the Knitting in the City series but for some stupid reason I didn't. So when I saw that Beauty and the Mustache was free on Amazon I decided it was a sign that I should finally read at least something from this series. And now here I sit, mad at myself for not reading this sooner.

Ashley Winston is so unlike her brother, whom I've already fallen in love with, yet she's also the same in the
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

Who is this guy on the cover? No, seriously who is he? Because he isnt my Drew. I wasnt going to write a review but I felt like I wanted to shout to everyone how I swooned over Drew. So here goes: *swoooooon*

A few reasons why I couldnt rate 5 stars. I felt it was a bit slow in places, the title (I guess Beauty and the Beard doesnt have a good ring to it?), I must be loosing my sense of humour because I didnt find it funny.

Overall an enjoyable read, I liked the interactions with
Duchess Nicole

I think Penny Reid must be really smart and she must read a lot of fucking books. All kinds. Lots of variety. And I love her. And I loved this hero and heroine. A favorite of the series, fo sho. When I can't tell if the hero is a beta or a gamma, I know I'm in love.

Mo
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed this one. Ashley returns home after eight years. She has 6 brothers, all of whom have beards!!

Loved her first meeting with Drew. Yes, we do regress to our teenage years when we interact with our siblings. I know.
Loved her friends. There was an interaction in the kitchen with two of her friends and I swear I was nearly pissing in my knickers at their carry on.

“In that moment, I finally figured out what kind of handsome he was. He was fiction-handsome. Romance novel handsome; but
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
☆☆4.5 FABULOUS STARS!☆☆

Gosh I LOVED this book. Having 3 brothers of my own I could empathize with Ashley. I literally fell in love with these characters. Especially Drew. Get your smelling salts ready cause he will make you swoon! He was everything a girl could ask for and more. He was charming, poetic, selfless, caring and so thoughtful! Every word that came out of his mouth was luscious.

I don't want to give the story away, but I must say I loved the storyline. Ashley Winston comes home after 8
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, audio
4 Major Beard love Stars

Beauty and the Mustache is a standalone novel and is part of the Knitting in the City series. I am doing the audio version of this read. I enjoy audio books a lot because I can listen at any time or place. Also I feel like I can connect to the characters better.

There are many reasons why I picked up this book. All my friends love Penny Reid, I am also a knitter and I love funny books. I would describe Penny Reid’s writing style (at least this series) much like a chick-lit
Karen
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS
[image error]  photo Nietzsche__by_radicalpanda.jpg

”With you there are only two distances that matter: Here. Not here. You are not here.”

Another stunner! I loved the whole book…bearded hillbilly brothers and all! This is the fourth book in Penny Reid’s Knitting in the City series. And honestly these books just keep getting better and better.

[image error]  photo Megan-Fox.jpg

This is Ashley Winston’s story. When she’s called home to Tennessee for a family crisis, she is faced with something much more dire than she was expecting.

[image error]
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★4 Stars★★★★

After eight years, Ashley travels home to Tennessee to find out why her mother is in hospital, and although they speak to each other daily and meet up annually, she hasn't had anything to do with her 6 bearded brothers since she left home to go to college.

She then meets Drew, who she is perplexed to find out is a very close friend of the family, her brothers boss, and thinks of her mother as his own. Who is this bearded sexy Viking?

This was a dream to read, I loved everything abo
Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
travisfimmel1
**There's a thousand glowing, eloquent, thoughtful, beautiful reviews for this book out there. You should go read them. Then go read this book. Or just skip the reviews and go in blind. Just know you are going to read something amazing, funny, different, weird and heart-wrenching.

I had been forewarned that this story was somewhat different than the previous Knitting in the City novels. But that didn't deter me. Penny Reid is a genius and I had faith that I would fall in love with Ashley and Dre
Sharks of Awesome: Beauty and the Mustache 40 106 Apr 12, 2015 12:57AM
  • Killer Queen (Painted Faces, #2)
  • Chase Me (Paris Nights, #2)
  • Confessions of a Reformed Tom Cat (Wingmen, #2)
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • Artistic License
  • Must Love Otters
  • Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous, #2)
  • Kulti
  • Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5)
  • Truly (New York, #1)
  • Ultimate Vengeance (Wanted Men, #4)
  • In Dark Woods (Signal Bend, #4.5)
Sign up for Penny's Newsletter! www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

CONTACT PENNY:
Please feel free to drop her a line. She'd be happy to hijack your thoughts! You can find her on her blog or email her: pennreid at gmail dot com

Penny Reid is the Wall Street Journal and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days wr
More about Penny Reid

Winston Brothers (6 books)
  • Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2)
  • Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3)
  • Beard in Mind (Winston Brothers, #4)
  • Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers, #5)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #6)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Don't Say A Word
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
“With you there are only two distances that matter:  Here. Not here. You are not here.” 96 likes
“You underestimate how deeply you cut when your intentions carry no knives.” 58 likes