Start by marking “The Chocolate Lovers' Diet” as Want to Read:
The Chocolate Lovers' Diet

The Chocolate Lovers' Diet

(Chocolate Lovers’ Club #2)

The feisty members of THE CHOCOLATE LOVERS' CLUB are back in a mouth-wateringly delicious new novel.

Lucy Lombard thought her 'Happily Ever After' was all sewn up when her gorgeous boss Aidan declared his love for her, but she's just caught him in bed with another woman. As always, she's not the only one with problems - Autumn's new boyfriend has yet to meet her parents, Na
Published 2007 by Headline Review

To ask other readers questions about The Chocolate Lovers' Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chocolate Lovers' Diet

Start your review of The Chocolate Lovers' Diet
Helene Jeppesen
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was going to give this book 3 stars like I did with the first book, but as I got closer to the end I got more and more aggravated with the main character, Lucy, and the way the story developed all in all. While the beginning of the book was light and easy to read, the ending was unnecessarily long and very hard to get through. It kind of turned into a pastiche of a bad comedy movie and I didn't feel any connection to the story anymore.
These books are so easy and quick to read because the lang
Oana Ciurdarean
Mar 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Luckily for me, the writer's vocabulary was pretty limited, so I did not waste a ton of time reading this book. The plot may have given the book a chance, but the style in which it was written, the inconsistencies, the stupidy of the characters and so many others made it almost horrible. Not to mention that the translation in Romanian was also absolutely awful.
I knew from the start that this is not a book I'd love, I'd consciously picked a chick lit piece for some relaxation and a good laugh, ye
Aristhyia
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
If you're looking for a thoughtless, easy read, then this is it.

Uncomplicated plot, chick-flick drama and the chocolate-lover's nightmare. As in, chocolate is mentioned twice on every page. Not very good if you're pregnant and having cravings.

The characters feel shallow, two-dimensional, with most of their relationships in shambles and treated superficially, and if you're an advocate for the LGBT community, then you're going to have a bit of a cow on stereotyping alone (I know I did. Several tim
Rea Cobb
May 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
For those of you who read my review last week on Carole Mathews book The Chocolate Lovers Club, you will know it was a huge hit for me and I couldn't wait to go and get the next book as there was a snippet of the next book in The Chocolate Lovers Club book.

I brought this book on Sunday and finished it on Tuesday morning. I enjoyed this book but I have to say it was not as good as the first one but I have to admit I do find that with many follow on books.

In The Chocolate Lovers Diet, we meet up
Marina
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love chocolate. I also loved the first book. So I couldn't wait to read the second one.

The story goes on. Four members of The Chocolate Lover's Club are moving forward. Lucy's boyfriend is in Australia, cheating her. As a revenge, she goes back to ex-boyfriend Marcus. Nadia's husband, Toby, seems to quit gambling. Autumn has a boyfriend, but her brother is back again. Sex kitten Chantal is pregnant (what a turnover, she doesn't like children). Who is the father? And, there is a wedding. Whose,
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
You know when you find an author who you can always go back to and they never let you down? Well that author for me is Carole Matthews. I will read all her stories at some point. I read the first book in this series ( The Chocolate Lovers Club) a while ago and got straight back into this one with the familiar characters, drama, lies, loss and love. This is the perfect chick-lit book to escape with and perfect for readers who enjoy chocolate too (like me)… So I blame these books for eating MORE c ...more
Angie Owen
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and the one before it. I loved the characters but it did make me eat more chocolate lol! I'm looking forward to the 3rd book coming out in the Autumn.
Jackie
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun easy book to read, but think the author over did the chocolate bit can't see in the real world anyone would eat so much chocolate I'm sticking to liquorice allsorts for a while!! The characters stories are good it makes you want to skip forward to see how they are getting on, she has written a prequel and look forward to reading it but not right now still feel sick from the chocolate consumption and I never had any!!
Heather Copping
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great dose of chocolate in this book, I loved it as much as the first one, a funny and cosy read.
Sally Ross
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book would have been so much better if not for the homophobic comments laced throughout the book. Here's one passage:

"He's not gay, is he?"
"He might want to put me in a big pink meringue of a dress"
"I'll end up wearing some hideous monstrosity and probably fairy wings to boot"

Then this comment is made the same evening a gay couple break up:

"I was worried that it might take Clive a long time to get over Tristan, but perhaps this is a long time in the gay world".

I have saved the best for las
Danielle
Oct 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down. I was very shocked when Lucy got engaged again to Marcus i really thought she would have learnt from the first time what he was like. I didn't expect hinm to jilt her at the aisle though, she clearly wanted to marry him but he pulled out at the last minute.

I was very shocked when Toby fell to his death in Las Vegas, i really didn't expect that and it was really sad and my heart went out Nadia and Lewis. Things looked up for Nadia when she got
Elisabeth
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“The Chocolate Lovers’ Diet” catches up with Amber, Lucy, Nadia and Chantal and picks up where Ms Matthews’ previous novel “The Chocolate Lovers’ Club” left off.
Lucy is all loved up with Crush but ex-fiancé Marcus is still lurking in the background, Amber is seeing her co-worker, Chantal is still trying to make a go of her marriage to Ted and Nadia is still separated from Toby but he swears he has given up online gambling. The only constant in these 4 women’s lives is the knowledge that if the c
Megumi -
Sep 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, The Chocolate Lovers' Diet, by Carole Matthews is awesome book. This story is about the ladies who fall in love with someone. If one of the ladies get into the trouble or have emergency, they gather to the “The Chocolate Lovers’ Club” and talk what happened to them and cheer themselves up. These ladies have a lot of troubles, but because they have friends, they can come over their troubles.
I like this book very much because women usually have many troubles about friends’ issues and lo
Agi
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I have enjoyed this book much, much better as the first book in this series, although the first one was good as well:)
It was a total rollercoaster of happenings, things, accidents, a lot of them sooo unexpected:) I didn't have any idea what comes next and this is what I am really appreciating in books.
Of course it was not only about funny things and laugh, there were other problems such as gambling, drugs, death mentioned but it is nice that they didn't built the whole book and although they wer
Kelly Simpson
Mar 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Lucy lombard thought her 'Happily Ever After' was all sewn upwhen her gorgeous boss Aiden declared his love for her, burt she's just caught him in bed with another woman. As always, she's not the only one with problems - Autumn's new boyfriend has yet to meet her parents, Nadia's husband swears he's given up gambling but she just can't trust him, and Chantal is hoping to save her marriage, but not in quite the way she'd expected. It's not surprising that these girls are going to need a lot of ch ...more
Nicola Clough
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book by Carole Matthews she never lets you down. It's an easy read with excellent characters and great story lines that has you guessing all the way through. It's a carry on from her first book and follows the lives of four ladies all with different lives and they have difficult decisions to make and they go through hard times but they all have chocolate in common and meet up when times are hard to eat chocolate.
Shannon
The first book was naturally better than the sequel. It was still a fun read and I finished in a few hours. There seemed to be many more references to different types of chocolate (especially English brands) which was fun to read, but after a while I just wanted to skip the chocolate references.
Zippy
Mar 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, pop-lit
Hmmmm, enjoyed it, still loved the characters but it is maybe a book too far. There were a couple of things that were never explained satisfactorily that jarred with me, and characters acting out of ......well, out of character.....that annoyed me, but at the end of the day, a good, enjoyable, effortless read.
Joolz
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Again, I couldnt put this down! Its typically trashy, girly and fun. Was sad when the book ended and i had to say goodbye to the characters... Its kind of like knowing you shouldnt be watching Eastenders but you know you love it and cant wait for the Omnibus on Sunday! Its certainly put Carole Matthews on my map and will certainly be reading more of hers ASAP!
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these books they do make me want chocolate especially from Britain. Makes me miss it so much more. I love how the stories are about 4 different characters who all tie in and are friends.

Lucy is my favourite character, how could I not like her she’s awesome, loves chocolate and keeps going back to her stupid ex. In this book Lucy agrees to Marry Marcus and all the hilarity ensues in regards to the wedding.

Autumn is dealing with her drug taking/dealing brother as well as falling love with
Paula Nichols
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was November's book from the library.

Ok so my excuse for finishing this in 2 days? being on holiday! I read half of it on the car journey, then the other half over last night and today. Well, isn't that what holidays are for?

This second outing for the girls was as entertaining as the first, although I did get very annoyed with Lucy and her ridiculous inability to chuck Marcus for good - I mean, really??!! The shenanigans with Richard and Autumn were also a little OTT, but one element hit ve
Victoria Sigsworth
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
I have read some of her later books and clearly her writing has developed since these earlier ones. I don't really need to write a review as there are lots who make the same points I would make.
However on a positive note, if a reader is looking for a light holiday read, this is probably suitable for this.
The one thing I will mention ,however, is the use of bad language,not entirely sure it's necessary to the degree that it's used and I always feel that,in many of these books it seems to be pred
Louise Simpson
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sequel to 'The Chocolate lovers club' which I loved, I thought that this may not be just as good. I was wrong. My opinion is that this book is just as good with a wide range of lovable characters who I am sure everyone can relate to at least one. It is wonderfully written setting each chapter for a different character's journey. By doing so, the book keeps you interested and wanting to know more about what happens next. Still after reading both books I still want to know more.

Does anyone know of
Kerri  Elizabeth
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK!! And In fact all the books in the series!!!!

I chose this book, as I am already a big Carole Matthews fan and OMG it did not disappoint. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough to find out what happened next for these girls, who I had connected with so much I felt like they were almost “friends” of mine.

I laughed with them, I cried with them and I craved chocolate to an unhealthy level with them!!

These books will leave you hooked and should really come with a warning - do not r
Sarah Price
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so good, unfortunately I read them In the wrong order and read chocolate lovers wedding first, but then chose the chocolate loves club for my book club choice and after finishing that I couldn't resist reading the next! This book is brilliantly written, I laughed so hard I snorted, I giggled a lot, I cried, I sighed and got annoyed with a couple of characters! But most of all I related to the friendships In it because I have such good friends and there closeness made me smile:) xx
Vikkie
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well the second instalment of the chocolate lovers club definitely didn’t disappoint. This book is an excellent read, with many twists along the way. The characters are all likeable and this is an easy read. Read in just one sitting, I cannot wait for the next instalment of this series, I have it reserved at the library so hopefully will be available soon.
This is a series I definitely recommend.
Josianne
May 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Needed an easy book to read while travelling but damn was i disappointed!
I'm not super into chicklit but I've been known to enjoy a good chicklit every now and then. This book just made me want to vomit every 2 pages

Stupid characters with stupid needs--suffice to say the main character desperately wants to get married so let s just run off with the next guy that comes along, shall we?..soo much for female empowerment!
Couldnt even finish it..definitely dont recommend, soz!
Preeti
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
It's a good summer read with couple of laughs here and there...overdone on chocolate like every tenth sentence mentions chocolate ..ugh....can be judged by the cover... Hated Lucy Lombard and her pendulum attitude towards love and marriage ...story flows in an unpredictable fashion. It gets a little like tacky comedy movie towards the end (about 50 pages) ..one feels 'oh please end it already!'
Overall a 2.5.
Vedha K
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, ebooks
So much cheating, reckless behavior of the characters and dumb chocolate dumping lagging around without working or doing anything worthwhile except eating chocolate and talking and regretting boyfriend choices
Unfortunately I started reading the series so I can't stop without finishing even if it's half worse and half better
Miha
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm gonna give it 5 stars because the book it's sooooooo silly and I can't remember when was the last time when I laughed so hard and so much while reading a book. I won't read the other ones in the saga one book was enough.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Daisy's Vintage Cornish Camper Van
  • My Summer of Magic Moments
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Woman
  • The Time of Our Lives
  • Hetty’s Farmhouse Bakery (Hetty’s Farmhouse Bakery, #1-4)
  • A Match Made in Devon (A Match Made in Devon, #1-4)
  • A Rose Petal Summer
  • Sunshine Over Wildflower Cottage
  • Christmas at the Little Wedding Shop (The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea, #2)
  • A Good Heart is Hard to Find
Carole Matthews is an international bestselling author of hugely successful romantic comedy novels. Her unique sense of humour has won her legions of fans and critical acclaim all over the world.

A Minor Indiscretion and A Compromising Position both reached the Top 5 in the Sunday Times bestseller chart in the UK. You Drive Me Crazy reached number 8 in the original fiction charts. The novel Welcom

Chocolate Lovers’ Club (4 books)
  • The Chocolate Lovers' Club