Start by marking “Tantalized” as Want to Read:
Tantalized

Tantalized

This book is currently out of print.

The covetous man pines in plenty...

Nineteen and suicidal, Jessica Abrahams is in no state to be left on her own, let alone attend an upper-tier university. Her snobby parents disagree, and send her packing in spite of her - and her psychiatrist's - protests. Now Jessica's off her meds again, and liable to do anything...even start an affair/>The
Published January 21st 2014

edge of bubble
I thought I was going to read a smut with the usual dressings. Oh boy, was I wrong! The heroine here is the most unlikable one I've read of so far. She is an abrasive, hateful, disturbed little cunt with serious mental issues. I'm not just talking about missing a couple of screws. She is missing the whole work!

*this is the personification of the heroine!*

And she is not the usual shy, wounded heroine with a past trauma. She just is... Misery isclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
*this
Jamie
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gritty, taboo
I am thoroughly depressed right now.. holy shit that was just crazy. I'm still shaking my head. That was totally fucked up. Yes, it hooked me and I finished it in just a few hour wondering how much crazier things could get for poor Jessica.

Jessica is seriously depressed. She's a cutter, she's miserable, she's a bitch, she hates everything about life, including her parents. She'll give blow jobs for drugs, she'll have sex just to feel something. She's just fucked up. She's had a stint in mental
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
**4 "EXPOSING" STARS**

Every review needs a catchy visual and I think the heroine would approve of this one, so here you go :-)

"Bite me. Scratch me. Break me open, until I crack
and all the ugly thing fly out of me to drench
us both in sated lust."

This is a story of 19 year old Jessica's struggle to look in the mirror and see a smiling face appear back at her. Jessica's character is troubled, lonely, and not 100% mentally
Louisa
I made the cover! It's pretty dark. Nenia wrote the book. It's pretty dark too. See how it goes? Yes. Much dark. Very whoo.
Angie **loves angst**
"This little game of yours can get us in trouble."

Tantalized: verb torment or tease (someone) with the sight or promise of something that is unobtainable.

After tantalizing readers (see what I did there??) with updates for weeks Nenia Campbell released a book I was dying to read. First let me say that books like this should be read with a bottle of vodka in hand.
Jessica + Professor Delacroix= two peas in a fucked-up pod

"You are a very bad girl, Miss Abrahams."

Nineteen year old Jessica Abraham's life is one destructive whirlwind of mental illness
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Still processing everything review coming in just a bit....
Addicted to Books
4.5 to 5 dark twisted stars

Review coming up!

4.5 to 5 dark twisted stars

I hardly rate dark books 5 stars but I readily gave this book 5 stars when I finished it because it enjoyed it so much.

Why did I give it 5 stars?

Nenia Campell is such highly talented writer and I just love how her writing just flows. My god sometimes it just seems like poetry. She has very interesting metaphors in the book. One of them was to compare the passing of time to melting butter
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description ....

He's her drug when she's not in the best of places to take it. A dark, thought proviking, unique and addictive read, which I enjoyed immensely. I just wished it hadn't have ended so fast, I would love to know what becomes of Jessica, and everything.
Sarah Marie
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves Nenia's books
Tantalized by Nenia Campbell

4 stars

*Before I start this review, it is important to state that I’m friends with the author, Nenia Campbell, but this has no sway over my feelings or thoughts of this novel.

Tantalized follows Jessica Abrahams, a nineteen-year-old who is suicidal and dropped off by her parents at a prestigious university— despite her psychiatrist’s protests. Jessica is reckless when she isn’t on her meds and she is capable of doing anything for fun. She decides to seduce her Compa/>

/>4
Bern
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: coverlust, dark, shivers
Ooooh, there were so many sides to Tantalized, and yet it was such a short novel. I'll try and sum it up as best as I can, but as always I'm not sure whether this will be rubbish or not so brace yourselves, please.

The main character, Jessica, is basically the encapsulated version of everyone's dark side. She has it all and yet it isn't enough, and whatever else is missing she could probably get but won't because it's the chase - that chase for completion, for wholesomeness - is what
Karla
Rather than having something new to offer the genre, this story delivered a heroine in Jessica who's merely a bigger cow than the New Adult norm, with a galloping case of über-faux-damaged snowflakery and a narrative voice that is on par with everything deeply unpleasant in life.

As with the heroine, the hero Alexander hits all the items on the New Adult checklist. What else is there to say about those two? These books are all alike, dammit.

The first half of the book is a
Tessa
I did read this till the end, but since I skinned through half of it I can't really considered this book read. I loved the Horrorscape series and the way this author writes is very mesmerizing. The writing was the only thing that keept me going.

This story is not likable, the characters are not likable; this was like 50 shades of Gray with a little more realistic touch, since the girl really is a masochist and there are no fake love confessions in it.

I think Nenia Campbell wanted to
Stuti (Turmeric isn't your friend. It will fly your ship
I read this book so long ago, back in Feb or what, yet in the middle of the night, I remembered out of the blue that I'd rated it three stars.

And if I could, I would've headbutted myself right then and there.

As it so happens, this is one of the darkest, complicated, ambiguous book I've read in a long while with a character who is misanthropic and one could say, a forced masochist as it sometimes comes across, not physical but mental, emotional.

If you're looking for a har
Sharon L
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2014
Well, this was a dark and disturbing one....

I actually skimmed through some parts of it since I couldn't stomach it all.

the rating for this book is very emotional, you see, though the characters are very well portrayed and the writing is great.

The book just wasn't to my liking. Nenia has a great way of taking an over-wrought plot and give it something new and original that is entirely her own.

I was sucked in from the very first chapter, and IF I rated it rationaly it would be some
Stephanie
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, bdsm
This book wasn't one of those "innocent submissive girl meets a hot Dom professor and falls in love". Thank goodness cause I'm sick of those! Tantalized was actually a breath of fresh air. I loved it! Nenia is a very smart author who knew her stuff well to pull this kind of a story off. Good job.
I really liked the characters and the personality Jess had. Which was a no bullshit, f the world, you're in my way, type of attitude. And that is what got her in to the mess she got in to! Love it
I als
Laura Carson
4 1/2 stars

This book will take me a day or two to recover from... review to come.

I will tell you this isn't a heart and flowers book, it's dark, the ending does not wrap up in a neat bow, it will shove it's hand down your throat and rip your insides out. It's well written and I loved every roller coaster minute of it.

Live twitter buddy read!
Tracey (Life and Literature)
Fantastically written, dark storyline, but god, I just couldn't stand the characters.
Kim BookJunkie
Jessica, the main character in this book is one seriously twisted individual! With many mental health issues, I was intrigued from page 1 by this unequivocally unique, antisocial character who trades her body for drugs!

Jessica‘s parents literally force her to attend college, dropping her off miles from home with a debit card, turning their backs on her. She has no interest in anything other than sating her needs which quickly includes seducing her literature professor. The edge play
Ro
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it

Okay, first of all, I'd just like to say that I do consider myself a friend of Nenia's and this does not in any way sway my judgement of this book. Probably.

Erotica is definitely not my cuppa. I usually skim the hot and sticky scenes, unless there seems to be some soul-searching going on mid-penetration. But seeing as I'm such a fan of Nenia's disturbing mind-fuck reads, I had to read this. I'm still pretty confused as to how I feel about it.

Nenia will always have a handful of stars from me for her writing, no matter
Pushy
Jan 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
I found this book really frustrating, the synopsis sounded great but the book did not deliver on any level. There was absolutely no development of a relationship, it went straight from minor flirting to being in a full on dom/sub realtionship and all she had to do was flash her nipples at him in class.

There did not appear to be any discernible storyline and the portrayal of the female character having a mental illness seemed totally random and at no time was this explained or dealt with sensiti
Jena Crawford
Jan 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought this story was beautifully written!! There were lines in there that I just loved. I loved how it referenced to Lolita!! They story it's self drove me nuts, I think it was Jessica's shitty attitude that rubbed off on me hahaha the ending wtf why why why why why?!?! Why?! I have so many questions!! It will drive me nuts just thinking of all the possible answers!!
L.Boom
I need a moment to think about what I just read.. I just know that I have to write a review about this book because neither my shelves nor a rating is going to explain how I felt about it, In fact, even my words won't probably express how much my feelings are conflicted right now..
Saunders
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think it is well know that I love stories about Professor/pupil relationships so when I saw the foreword from Nenia Campbell I thought “well this is going to be different”.

The foreword is there for a reason. Read it and take it in - every word because this is NOT your fluffy, romantic happy ever after story.

Tantalized is delivered in three parts.

The first we are introduced to Jessica Abraham

The second we get to meet Professor DelaCroix

The third is her “hap
Amanda
In some ways, blow jobs are better than sex because when you have a mouthful of cock you can't make snide comments.

This is a review without a rating, because I honestly have no idea how to rate it. At times I loved it, at others I hated it. In the end, after putting it down and elaborating on how it mad me feel, I'm no closer to setting a rating on in. Let me explain.

Tantalized starts with Jessica being shipped off to college; a decision her parents made for her. Jessica is suicidal and has periods of/>
Sönïa Dhillion
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This story is twisted what I like about the book is you get too feel the true self of how is it like to be in a self- disturbed girl who has a mental illness. The readers get to understand Jessica and it's not a easy ride . Jessica meets Alexander now you might think he will save her but he's a hero in disguise of a true sadistic , vile , villain and you only realise that in the end this book is intense with it's up and downs then in the end your left feelings tantalized. I would have liked a be ...more
Shambhawi P.
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
It has taken me a while to sort out all my feels and emotions and opinions with regards to this book and I must say it still does not feel much sorted out. Woohoo Nenia! another mindfuckuva book.

Tantalized is a touchy book about the dark side of humans that not everyone will like or even understand. It is fairly short with dislikable characters doing horrid things and not really thinking about the consequences until much later. But it must be understood that the characters were not meant to
Brooke
Well....wow.

I'm kind of speechless right now. Did not expect that at all!!

Dark, depressing, raw and gritty.

Although I was left feeling unhappy and betrayed by the time I finished this I couldn't help but appreciate the realistic sense with it all.

Jessica is a broken and severely depressed girl who has given up hope that she will ever feel...well, anything!!She doesn't believe that there will ever be something or someone who will make her feel somet
Cassandra Mello
I haven't been a fan of teacher/student romances, but this was an entirely different beast, with a delicious downward spiral.

Beautifully written, thought provoking, and oddly enough - informative. I went on plenty of little fact-finding missions as the story progressed. So I appreciate a book that makes me think and presents me with characters that are a challenge to understand and/or like. There were also plenty of red hot scenes that were still pretty enjoyable, even with all of the emotional
Jaimie Edmond
Wow! That was quite a ride and I really enjoyed it. Jessica's self-destructiveness was truly riveting, like the proverbial train wreck you can't help but watch.This book was my introduction to proper BDSM/Edge play, everything else I've read feels pretty light in comparison. And OMG Delacroix was hot even though I really don't want to admit it. In real life, I would totally sign up for that class! The subject matter was captivating. My only gripe was the way Jessica handled the end of their rela ...more
Johanna Sawyer
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hot damn! Book was outstanding! You know I looked at this book when Nenia put the synopsis out awhile ago and it didn't spark anything. But none of Nenia's other stories disappointed so I took a chance... Loyalty I guess. This book wasn't pretty by any sense but it was terrific. Jessica is the main character in this story and she is anything but weak. She has all sorts of psychological problems and is a cutter when she is off her meds. Her parents ship her off to college because they are sick of ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Consumed (Keeping her in the Dark, #2)
  • My Valentine (Siren, #2)
  • After
  • Twisted Oak: A Sexual Odyssey
  • The Gate (The Dark Path, #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 7 "Connections" (My Masters' Nightmare, #7)
  • Dark Soul: The Complete Collection (Dark Soul, #1-5)
  • Levi's Ultimatum
  • Fallen For Him (Darkest Fears Trilogy, #1)
  • The Good Girl
  • Plausibility
  • Savaged
  • Blood Mate
  • On the Way Home

Hi there. I'm Nenia! I'm creator and moderator of Unapologetic Romance Readers.

I read a lot of amazingly trashy books that I would be happy to rec you. Coffee flows through my veins like ichor.

Here's where you can buy my books:

Smashwords:https://www.smashwords.com/profile/vi...

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Nenia-Campbell/...

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aficionenias

^Check here for banners, fan art, updates, giveaways, and much more!

Instagram: http://instagram.com/neniagram
“What do you want to do with your life, then?” is often the question I'm asked.

To be honest, I don't know. I really don't.

Mainly because I don't see myself living long enough for that to make much of a difference.”
45 likes