Start by marking “Boxed Set: The Speak Easy Series” as Want to Read:
Boxed Set: The Speak Easy Series

Boxed Set: The Speak Easy Series

(Speak Easy #1-2)

For fans of sexy historical romance and the roaring 20s, this boxed set contains both Speak Easy and Speak Low.

Due to mature material, this New Adult historical novel is recommended for readers ages 17+.

SPEAK EASY...The 1920s are roaring, and twenty-year-old Tiny O'Mara wants to be a part of it all. By day she works for her father's smalltime bootlegging operation, and b
Published December 8th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Boxed Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boxed Set

Sakura
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SPEAK EASY
The best combination of drama, romance, and suspense!

Tiny O'Mara is one of the bravest heroines I have ever seen in an NA story. She's only twenty years old and she's prepared to put herself in life or death situations in order to help those she loves.

As far as the romance portion of this book goes, let's just say, I envy Tiny but am also sort of happy I don't have to deal with her guy dilemma.
Joey or Enzo???? Hot, long-time friend or Hot, mysterious stranger??? Can't she just have
Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
Finally! A historical romance that actually kept me wanting more. The Speak Easy Duet consists of Speak Easy and Speak Low packaged together as a complete series.

Melanie Harlow's NA take on the Roaring 20's has breathed fresh air into a genre that I stopped reading simply because every book was pretty much the same. There is nothing wrong with historicals but the same 19th century stories over and over were feeling dull.

A few flappers, some bootlegging and the dangerous mob ties of the 1920's b
Brittany's Book Bumblings
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read my full review on Book Bumblings

This series totally changes the way I feel about historical romance. I had tried a few historicals before, and DNFed all of them. They just felt so historical. The language, the thoughts, the everything, are so different that it's hard to follow. The language is hard to understand, and trying to interpret it gets in the way of getting lost in the story. The thoughts are from a different world that, while interesting, is hard to relate to. Basically, I just co
annette kraft
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nothing like a speak easy!!

Nothing like a lot of action., prohibition, and a love triangle. You have tiny, enzo, and Joey. This book is set in the 1920's with the gangs and a lot of action. You are in for a wild ride reading this set. Buckle up its going to be a bumpy ride. And what you think at the beginning is not what really is at the end.
Joanne Packham
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read all of Melanie Harlow's amazing books, I was sure I'd love her Historical romance Speak Easy!! I was not disappointed at all!! The story takes place back in 1923 during prohibition. Frances aka "Tiny" helped her father distribute his bootleg whiskey. Her mother had died during birthing her youngest sister, leaving her to care for her sisters. Her father gets kidnapped and held hostage until Tiny can come up with a huge amount of cash. Now Tiny finds herself in deep trouble trying to ...more
The Lusty Literate
3.5 Stars | Hot Steam

Having discovered Melanie Harlow through her popular contemporary erotic series, The Frenched Series, I was thrilled to discover and try her lesser known historical THE SPEAK EASY DUET—and I’m so glad that I did! Exciting, surprising and criminally sexy, hustle and heat combine in this enjoyable and fast-paced 1920’s roller-coaster-ride-of-a-romance!

Not only did I get completely caught up the rowdy and intricately woven plot but I fell in love with the novel’s plucky and pas
Kimberly
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story, full of prohibition era goodness! I have never read a historical romance set in the 1920's, this was a refreshing idea and a very enjoyable story. Gangsters, bootlegging, speakeasy's, and hot love scenes, what more could you ask for? I fell in love with Tiny, she was a fierce little firecracker! And even though the story was set in the 1920's it did not seem dated. I can't rave enough about this series, I loved every minute of it!
Lisa
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG so cool, I was halfway through this story before I realized the characters were mentioned in another book of hers! That made me even more invested in their love story. I don't usually read a lot of fiction set anywhere other than current times, but I really love Melanie's writing, and got engrossed in all the action- as much as the love story!
Carrie
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Joey and Tiny. I am somewhat surprised by the bad reviews, because this just seemed so effortlessly perfect to me. Tiny was great, and Joey was just enough of a macho jerk to love to hate. My favorite piece of Melanie Harlow's books is always the end, and she delivered perfectly. I recommend this.
Tandi
Apr 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Good read

If I had read these books separately I would have been more than annoyed together it was good. The characters were loveable, I couldn't help but love Tiny, Joey, Enzo, and their families and friends.

I didn't like the second book it was drawn out and took a real long time to get to the point. But all in all I enjoyed it
Jamie
Nov 05, 2015
Deb Leonard
Feb 25, 2016
Lalania Marie Seeders
rated it did not like it
Feb 21, 2017
Mar 06, 2016
Pauline Hutchison
Jan 19, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Gifted Stone (Souls of the Stones, #1.5)
  • Finding Thor
  • Love and Protect
  • Hartstrings (Jaded Regret, #3)
  • Red Velvet Rapture (Baked, #1)
  • Come Back
  • Full Throttle
  • Perfectly Ever After (Pieces, #2.5)
  • Laws of Attraction (Teach Me #4)
  • Secret Santa
  • The Sutherlands: One Family Saga: 10 Sexy Stories
  • Crossing Time (Saint's Grove #5)
  • Ashes Ashes (Hostage Negotiation Team #2)
  • Love is a Battlefield
  • Dancing in a Hurricane
  • Hiding Out in Hollywood (A Hollywood Dating Story, #2)
  • Skip to the Good Part 3: 20 Authors Reveal Their Steamiest Scenes (Skip to the Good Part, #3)
USA Today bestselling author of sweet and sexy romance. Lover of cocktails, high heels, and history with the naughty bits left in. Michigan girl. INTJ. Always seeking ginspiration...

Find me!
Bookbub→harlow.pub/bb
Reader Group→harlow.pub/harlots
Facebook→harlow.pub/ap

Speak Easy (2 books)
  • Speak Easy (Speak Easy, #1)
  • Speak Low (Speak Easy #2)