Start by marking “Loving Mr. Daniels” as Want to Read:
Loving Mr. Daniels

Loving Mr. Daniels

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  24,728 Ratings  ·  3,400 Reviews
To Whom it May Concern,

It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates.

When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no id
310 pages
Published May 11th 2014 (first published May 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Mr. Daniels, please sign up.

Christy
Maximum amount of stars I can give ♥

photo e59c906b-f4ea-4cba-9bf0-2109209f5864_zps5e0f36d2.jpg

I think that it is very possible that I just found my favorite book of 2014. Loving Mr. Daniel’s was THAT GOOD. I can’t think of one thing I didn’t love about this story. The impact it had on me was major. I laughed, I cried, I loved every single page. I can’t recommend this one enough.

Ashlyn Jennings is a girl after my own heart...
You know what the best thing about purses was? They could carry around books.
But on a more serious note, Ashlyn has dealt wit
Candace
I love nothing like I love a taboo love story. So, it is no big surprise that this book had been sitting on my TBR for quite some time. Finally, I decided to download the audiobook and give it a listen. I am so glad that I did. This book was incredible!

First off, let me say that it was not the dirty, sordid affair that I had envisioned in my perverted mind. Yes, there is the obvious taboo nature of a student-teacher affair. However, it was almost easy to forget that that relationship dynamic exi
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★! Loving Mr. Daniels (stand-alone). In the wake of tragedy two lost souls, one teacher, one student find solace & healing in each other!

“I loved how distant we were but how close we felt.”

Loving Mr. Daniel (stand-alone) opens up to the aftermath of Ashlyn Jennings losing her best friend and twin sister to leukemia. Her mom ships her off to a small town to live with her estranged father and his new family. On the train she spots a handsome blue-eyed stranger who invites her to watch
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Ohhh I loved this one!!!! “Love loved” it actually. And yes, that’s a double ;)

This beautiful story was so much more than a romance. It took me by surprise in the best of ways. It was a love story and it was a life story. All kinds of love, all kinds of life. I laughed, I cried and I totally felt it!!

The first thing that drew me to this story was the blurb. My heart was racing from the moment I came across it and I just knew this was a book I had read…

To Whom it May Concern,

It was easy to cal
Lola
So cheesy… yet so PERFECTLY ADORABLE.

I’m really not the type of person who swoons when reading corny romance stories, but student-teacher relationships have always been a turn on for me. So I guess I didn’t mind the cheesiness, since it wasn’t the only thing we were exposed to.

Ashlyn and Mr. Daniels’ story is so freaking cute. They meet in a train, by pure coincidence, and they’re immediately attracted to one another. ALRIGHT, so that’s not the best way to start a love story (insta-lust), in
Jill
May 12, 2014 rated it it was ok

There's a sweet, little romance in here somewhere, but when you come across something like this throughout the entire book....

He proceeded to give me argumentatively the kindest smile in the world.
(The correct word is arguably. )

description

....it makes me want to grind my teeth in frustration. But for those readers who consider proper English, good grammar and sentence structure, and correct word usage optional extras in their romance novels, this should be a great read. :/

Patrycja

Rating: 5 ++ stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

☆ 5 GOLDEN STARS ☆

“When hearts are set on fire no complications can extinguish the flames”

Loving Mr Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry is completely amazing, touching and exceptional bittersweet tale of love, life and moving on. It’s a book that touches the subject of unconditional love and asks important questions, only to answer them in
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

"I’ve never seen two people who loved each other so quietly."

➦This is a forbidden romance between a teacher and a student. The main characters meet before they realize they are a teacher/student and make a connection. Needless to say they are bummed out once this fact is revealed. And so they fight the temptation.

❤This novel is about loss and love. I loved that the mcs connected through their love of poetry. This novel kind of reminded me of Amy Harmon's A Different Blue by Amy Harmon with the whole poetry quoting that
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
It's LIVE......http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K9V2OPE/r...

5+++ Beautiful Beautiful Stars!!!

Ashlyn

A woman drowning in her sorrows. Barely floating on the surface after the death of her twin sister. Abandoned by the person she loved the most. Sent to live with a stranger.

Gabrielle

Fought and lost her battle with cancer. A tragedy that tore a family apart. A loss that brought two people together. A treasure box of memories and letters that would eventually heal.

Daniel

A man drowning in his sorrows. Bar
♥Booklish Reviews♥

Yes, I am fully aware that I will be in the minority, but I don't care. I must speak my peace.
(WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW.) Things I couldn't stand
Note: I already know how bitchy this is all going to sound. WHAT FOLLOWS IS A RANT...
1) 2%-32% on my Kindle was Ashlynn. And then, out of nowhere, Daniel's POV comes out of hiding and a nice flow of one chapter Ashlynn, the next chapter Daniel, forms. I didn't like that. I'd gotten comfortable with Ashlynn's POV, so when his popped up I was a little
Lucia
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars-read
* Beautiful - Unforgettable - Touching *

I have a soft spot for teacher/student romances. But a simple fact that author tells a story of forbidden love between teacher and student is no guarantee that I will enjoy it. However, this novel made a huge impression on me. Loving Mr. Daniels is beautiful, complex and powerful story that talks about life destinies of multiple people, story that I will remember forever!
"I was convinced that everyone in the world had a form of weirdness to them. The i
Aj the Ravenous Reader

“You know those people you could go years without seeing and when you finally get together it felt like no time had passed? Hold on to those people. “

Sometimes, the simplest book titles will give you the most brilliant stories. This book did exactly just that. <3 <3 <3

This book is an intricate quilt of wonderfully weaved stories about grief, death, friendship, coming to terms with one’s identity, broken families, life and love of genuine and lovable characters who will tremendously
Anna
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5++++++++ stars!!!! HOLY EPIC AMAZINGNESS!!!

“Always remember our first glance,
And I’ll promise your heart that I’ll be enough.”

“His eyes were so blue and filled with interest. For a second, I thought they were a passageway to a different world.

Beautiful.
Breathtaking.
Brilliant.
Blue eyes.

I sighed.
Maybe they were a passageway to a better world.”

“Five minutes ago I was lonely.
Five minutes ago I walked alone.
Five minutes later I told you the deepest secrets of my soul
And when you turned away I whispe
R.S. Grey
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought this would be a romance between a student and a teacher. What I read was a story about human nature and life’s poetic moments. Real life expressed through every spectrum. I laughed and cried through every page of this book. I was meant to beta read it and give Brittainy feedback. I couldn’t give her a single thing.

I’m sure you’ve heard the idea that everyone has a story living inside of them.

Throughout reading this book, I couldn’t help but feel like this was Brittainy’s story— Her s
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
I am totally in the minority on this one, but I just didn't really like this...

I felt like someone took PS I Love You, A Walk to Remember, Until November, Slammed, and some random YA cliches and threw them all in a blender together and hit the "smoothie" button.

Plus, I think it was just too sappy and over the top in the cutesy department for my tastes.

***Spoilers Ahead***

But mostly, I felt that there was death overkill.

Ashlyn's twin died.
Daniel's mother is murdered...
His Dad dies...
For shit's
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachel Reads Ravenously by: Beverly
4.5 stars!

“Leave the past behind you so the future can find you.”

Once upon a time.... a friend recommended this book to me. Well, four years later and I finally read it!!!!!!! See, I eventually get to books on my TBR!

Loving Mr. Daniels is about two broken people who have lost family members closest to them. When Ashlynn moves in with her dad, the last thing she expected was to fall for a Shakespearean inspired musician. And she's even more surprised when he turns out to be her teacher.

I kn
Maayan
♫"Always remember our first glance,
And I'll promise your heart that I'll be enough."♫

-Romeo's Quest.

Usually when I'm starting a Teacher/Student book I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. The plot is always the same. The angst is always the same. The problems the couple is faced are usually the same. When I started the book 'Loving Mr. Daniels' I was sure I'm gonna read the average forbidden love story. What I got Blew me away.

"The best things in life aren't easy. They are tough, they
Hulya Kara Yuksel
“I love you slowly. I love you deeply. I love you quietly. I love you powerfully. I love you unconditionally.” ❤ Daniel Daniels. ❤

Okay, here is a real fact about me and Ms.Cherry's books! :) Whenever I read her books, I always end up fell in love with this fictional characters immediately in that book and I always cheating my husband with them! *mentally* of course! :D Because, my God this woman knows to write amazing boyfriends and beautiful love stories. :)

Bottom line, I highly recommend this
Elizabeth
"I was convinced that everyone in the world had a form of weirdness to them. And the cool thing, at least I hoped so, was the idea that there was someone out there just as quirky as you were. The idea of finding your other weirdo was so attractive to me."

Brittainy C. Cherry is a goddess of text and heart. Loving Mr. Daniels was a beautiful read that has stayed with me days after. I was so hesitant to read this book. First of all, being a teacher, I am just not comfortable with the teacher stude
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cry-baby-books
4.5 ~ 5 GOLDEN Stars

”I want to be yours, I want you to me mine, and I hate that we can’t be us. Because I think we are meant to be us.”

description

Where to begin, this story was so damn good! Tears will be shed while you take this heartbreakingly beautiful journey. The story is told in alternating pov, there is a ton of Shakespeare quoted and manipulated while our two main characters build a relationship that so many people only dream of.

Ashlyn’s twin sister Gabby passes away and her mother is struggling
Pearl Angeli
Loving Mr Daniels

"Maybe there weren't two different Daniels. Maybe Mr. Daniels was just another part of him. So it wasn't surprising that I had fallen for both sides of the coin. I was crazy about all of him-- the good, the bad, and the broken pieces."

Every time I finish a book that is so beautiful and phenomenal, I always find it hard to make a review. It's as if words are not enough to describe how great it is.

So, can I just say first and foremost that THIS BOOK IS REALLY AMAZING? Honesty, if there's a wor
Brittainy Cherry
Dec 29, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Wendy'sThoughts
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Brittainy C. Cherry Fan, New Age Fans, Everyone
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Patrycja
5 Coping with Real Life
* * * * * Spoiler Free
This is an experience... overwhelming, intense and so heartfelt. There are moments which will make you stop and just absorb it all... because of the quirky beauty and then the deep, slicing pain. If I sound a little overly dramatic with this book, it's because I never was a bystander. What do I mean by that? It's when you are reading and kinda going through the motions; you are there ... and then you drift away... maybe go and fix a little snack... ta
Rag
5 'Golden' Stars

photo image_zpsrb3ic2g6.jpg

This book is about Ashlyn and Daniel. Both characters know what it's like to lose an important someone in their lives. They also know what loneliness is like.

I was almost certain that loneliness was a disease. An infectious, disgusting illness that was slow to creep into your system and overtake you, even though you tried to fight it off the best you could

After Ashlyn's twin, Gabby, died Ashlyn's mom made her go live with her father and his family. Her father was never there fo
Ashley
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
first read: April 12, 2015
first reread: June 20, 2015
second reread: April 6-9, 2016
third reread: March 28 - ?, 2017

“If I learned anything these past few months, it's that life sucks, Daniel. It sucks. It's mean, it's vicious, and it's unapologetic. It's dark and cruel. But then, sometimes, it's so beautiful that it knocks all of that darkness out of your system with the light.”

JUNE 2015: MAYBE, just maybe...after rereading this 2015 Favorite I will stop rereading 2015 favorites and read new bo
Amy (Foxy)
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Jen
FOUR POINT FIVE STARS

FORBIDDEN ROMANCE!!! That is always a favorite of mine.

”When in doubt with what to say, go to Shakespeare. He always had a good thing or two to express.”
Mr. Daniels is Ashlyn’s teacher but their attraction started long before either one knew what the other person was (student / teacher). They’re close in age with only being 3 years apart… so while it’s not a huge age gap they still have to contend with the whole student / teacher taboo. ”It wasn’t the age that was stoppi
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
I spent hours working on a review worthy of this read, but when it came time to preview it...well I somehow deleted the whole thing...

So I will keep the many highlighted passages near to my heart as I am sure those who have read this already know the wisdom of the tale already!

Ashlyn Jennings and Daniel Daniels have a love story for the ages. They seem to destined to be together. Their love palpable. Their connection more than "first sight feelings." Theirs was a love story that Shakespeare woul
NiCoLeTa E.
...5++++++ brilliant, brilliant stars from me...

Oh my God, what an emotional ride was that!!!
Especially in the last 50pages, i was crying like a baby...

If you could see me right now, you could see red, puffy eyes glistering from the tears...
But every single tear that slip down on my cheeks, was worthy...

That was a GREAT book and I'm pretty, pretty sure that this book just stole a part of my soul...
How i'm goin' to survive after that story??????

I want to tell you so much things about that marve
*****5 Beautiful. Breathtaking. Brilliant. Stars*****
(BR with Melissa and Dee)

photo d56f64005374b6e55095cc8bb00ae68e_zps2322ea39.jpg

This has got to be one of THE BEST books I have read in 2014.
I'm going to put this in the TOP THREE category.
If the writing is so beautiful that I find myself highlighting practically the entire book, then to me, the book is pure MAGIC!!
"Loving Mr. Daniels" is my GOLDEN!!!!

Ashlyn Jennings is a beautiful 19 year old girl, who has just lost her best friend in the entire world.
Her twin sister, Gabby, just recently died f
Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

“I hated how much I missed her lips. Her laugh. Her smile.
I hated how close we were but how distant we felt.”

This was an NA contemporary romance story, featuring a student-teacher relationship.

Ashlyn was an okay character, and I felt really sorry for her that she had lost her twin sister at such a young age. I did think she coped pretty well all things considered though, and I was pleased that she made such an effort to like her father’s new family.

The st
YA Buddy Readers'...: Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry - Starting april 8th 2017 21 130 Apr 14, 2017 04:33AM
can someone 3 139 Oct 07, 2014 05:51AM
No one is that perfect !!! 1 108 Sep 22, 2014 10:33AM
  • Good (Too Good, #1)
  • Veiled Innocence
  • Puddle Jumping (Puddle Jumping, #1)
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
  • Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand, #1)
  • Hothouse Flower (Calloway Sisters, #2; Addicted, #2.2)
  • Nocturne
  • Say the Word
  • A Different Blue
  • The Traveling Man (Traveling, #1)
  • Here's to Falling
  • The Story of Us (Carnage, #1)
  • Unforgiven (Unforgiven, #1)
  • With This Heart
  • Fighting Redemption
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Unteachable
  • Unlit Star

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Because pretending to be happy is almost like being happy. Until you remember that you’re only pretending. Then you’re sad. Really sad. Because wearing a mask every day of your life is the hardest thing to do. And after a while, you get a little scared because the mask becomes you.” 205 likes
“Leave the past behind you so the future can find you.” 145 likes