Start by marking “Me Too!” as Want to Read:
Me Too!

Me Too!

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
The only time Grace can get away from her little sister, who copies her every move, is when she goes to swimming class.
Published September 3rd 2007 by Little, Brown Young Readers (first published March 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Me Too!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me Too!

Brittany Davis
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: libs-642
Picture Book Log
Title: Me Too!
Author: Jamie Harper
Category: Tumblebooks #2
Source: Tumblebooks http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/as...

Me Too! is a great book for young students as many of them will be able to relate to some wanting to be just like them or having someone they want to be just alike. It a story about two sisters, Grace and Lucy, and Lucy wants to be just like her older sister. It is extremely apparent that Grace is not fond of Lucy constantly following her around and imitating her.
Hamster
Dec 19, 2010 rated it it was ok
The illustrations were okay. I appreciate when authors write a two levels (one for the kids and another more subtle level for the parents.) This book however, seemed to be written on a third level. (So subtle that only the author and maybe a few of her close friends would understand.)
Mallory
This book, Me Too, is about a book where a younger sister is following and copying everything her old sister does. Everything the old sister does, the younger sister does which obviously drives the older sister absolutely crazy. The themes are funny, annoying, and relationships. The genres are picture book and contemporary realistic fiction while the ages are kindergarten through fourth grade. I gave this a 4 out of 5 because it is an adorable book where they show a typical young and older siste ...more
Dolly
Dec 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a good book about the relationship between sisters. Growing up as an only child, I had neither the companionship nor the strife that comes with siblings. Our girls don't have that problem, but they do drive each other crazy at times. This was a good story to show how differences can be resolved as well as start a conversation on how to be more loving toward one another. Our girls enjoyed watching the story on the Tumblebooks website. (tumblebooks.com) They've asked to see it several time ...more
Liane
Oct 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: caitlyn
Genre: Picture book

Reading Level: Early

Topics & Themes: Swimming. Sisters. Role-models

Curricular Use: Shared reading

Social: Teasing Gracie because trying to be like the teacher

Literary Elements: Juxtaposition of Lucy and Gracie and Gracie and Miss Finn, the swim coach. Use of “monkey see monkey do” poem throughout

Text & Pictures: interaction of text an pictures

Additional Notes: One thing to caution for classroom use, is the girls in the end, they look/are naked in the bathtub, parents ma
Caitlyn
Oct 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Me Too! is a picture book in which the pictures confirm the meaning of the book. Lucy copies everything that Grace does, and Grace gets furious at Lucy. Grace loves to swim and the swim coach Miss Finn says that Grace is a lot like her. Grace realizes that Lucy really does want to be exactly like her, so in the end Grace teaches Lucy some swimming things and they get along. I would use this book for an independent reading for an early reader.
Maggie Mae
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book made me smile and it was very relatable. As the youngest sibling in my family I saw a lot of me in her even to this day. Lucy wants to do everything like her big sister Grace and it is about the way they grow and figure out how to work with that dynamic. It would be a good read for lower elementary students.
Kristin
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book a lot because it can relate to how a lot of children feel about having siblings. It is important to teach about different family dynamics to your students, and I can use this book to help teach that to them. It also has enriching text, and a good plot.
Mason, Natalie & Oliver
Jan 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a great story for kids with younger siblings that imitate everything the older one does. The older girl in the story gets upset with her younger sister for copying everything she does - until she realizes that SHE does it to someone she admires herself.
Nicki
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
my 3 1/2 year old, who gets copied by her little (1 1/2 year old) sister, loved this book.
Danica Midlil
Aug 31, 2013 rated it liked it
A gentle reminder of a tough lesson to learn.
Nicci
Mar 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who's had a little sister try to copy everything you did!
Chrystal
Mar 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
This cute book had a great story about a little sister idolizing her big sister and the big sister learning she copies her own heroes too so she can forgive her little shadow.
Erica Eyestone
Really cute book...lots of people can relate to it. You can talk about how when someone tries to copy you it is a high complement.
Anika
Jun 14, 2012
Sara Lemonade
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Twice as long and twice as confusing as it needs to be.
Christine
Phyllis
Sep 21, 2014
Yana
Aug 18, 2017
Once upon a time, I was a pastry chef, and before that I worked in an office, crunching numbers. Writing and illustrating children's books is by far the best job I've ever had (well, that is, after being a mom). I fell in love with picture books from reading so many to my children. Then I took some classes at MassArt and tried my hand at making one myself. I got my first job illustrating a poem fo ...more
More about Jamie Harper