Start by marking “Spirals” as Want to Read:
Spirals

Spirals

(Shining Light's Sag #2)

**A SEQUEL**
Evolved Publishing brings you another rare glimpse into ancient Native American Indian culture, with "Spirals," the much anticipated sequel to the award-winning and critically acclaimed "Circles," by Ruby Standing Deer. [Historical Fiction]
~~~~~~~~~~
A Holy Man, who lives in both this world and the Spirit world, waits hidden in a cave in the canyons, as a newly
Published December 1st 2012 by Evolved Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Spirals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirals

Start your review of Spirals
Joyce Hertzoff
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful sequel to Circles. Ruby Standing Deer has written another saga about Feather, now called Shining Light, a holy man among his people even though he's still a teenager, a husband and a father. He leads an ever-expanding group, together with their mustangs, wolves, mice and dogs on a trek. Along the way the reader learns about the natural spirals that connect to the Circle of Life. ...more
Tina Osterman
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Insightful!

I was drawn in by this author being a Native American. I found so much moor. I first read Circles and was delighted to find an author who can not only pull you in, but truly give one a look on the inside of the strong spiritual life of a people who walk and thrall with Mother Earth.
Michael Baca
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really excited to find out there was a sequel to Circles, I was hoping that it would live up to the first book and I was not disappointed. The author hit the nail on the head. There are always more lessons to be learned, always some new path to follow and always a new adventure around the corner.
Spirals lessons are deeply rooted in the human journey. While it is a work of fiction there are links to history, links to lives lived and most of all links to our present lives.
The flow of the b
Marcia  Haskell
An interesting story of the way Native Americans might have viewed the period when white men, AKA hairy Faces, first entered their land. Many of the spiritual teachings resonate with me and I felt understanding for this band as this story evolved. Some of the people felt as if they moved inside me to take up residence to teach and lead me.

I found reading this book slow, because there is so much that is described in detail, that I frequently lost sight of who each of the people are (and why they
Catherine Nobles
This book is a continuation of the novel, "Circles" and my comments about that book are just the same for this one. Historical novel about indigenous Americans during the infancy of European contact appealed to me because it beautifully and predominantly portrayed the spiritual life of these people. While violent confrontations were incorporated appropiately -- with other tribes and the Spanish -- they were described by inference rather than graphically. The protagonist tribes were peaceful by p ...more
Lucy McCoskey
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this is a follow up to Circles, the first book in the Shining Light series of early Native American fiction. many lessons are to be gleaned from Standing Deer's writings. Listen. Go with the flow. be part of the earth and all its creation, not adversaries. and, of course, this is a really good, compelling story. ...more
Marie Hartle
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book!
CHRISTINE HARDING
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. #2 in the 4 book series that I will read slowly to get it all. Lots of people with visions . I want to know more about the rocks that Shinning Light ( Feather) found .
Teressa
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spirals is an esteemed sequel to the audiobook ‘Circles’. I love this story and what it represents. This story not only adds more depth to the characters as they’ve matured, it also introduces several new and integral characters. While I thoroughly enjoyed ‘Circles’, I found even more inspiration from ‘Spirals’. This is a story for all ages and I’m hoping there will be a third audiobook.

This story begins with the young girl Falling Rainbow who goes off for a few days because she doesn’t want to
One-Click
Audiobook

Narration - Karen Rose Richter - This is a tough one, because she's a fabulous narrator...but, This book has a ton of characters and I could only identify a couple by their voices. I also felt like some of them sounded like children or women, even though they were adults or males. But again, with that said, I thought she was a great storyteller.
Part of the issue may also be with me, in that I have not read the first book in this series.
So...that's my first recommendation. I suppose tha
Edie Green
Jan 07, 2015
Joey Woolfardis
Feb 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Let the Drum Speak (Time Circle, #3)
  • Khon'Tor's Wrath (Wrak-Ayya: The Age of Shadows, #1)
  • The Wall of Records (Wrak-Ayya: The Age of Shadows #8)
  • Oh'Dar's Quest (Wrak-Ayya: The Age of Shadows #3)
  • The Edge of Hope (Wrak-Ayya: The Age of Shadows #11)
  • The Edge of The Age (Wrak-Ayya: The Age of Shadows #7)
  • Endings and Beginnings (Wrak-Ayya: The Age of Shadows, #10)
  • Revelation (Wrak-Ayya: The Age of Shadows #6)
  • Muraco
  • The Darkest Evening of the Year
  • Rules of Engagement
  • The Lost Bones (Widow's Island #8)
  • The Healer's Blade (Wrak-Ayya: The Age of Shadows #4)
  • Contact (Wrak-Ayya: The Age of Shadows #5)
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • Reckless Whisper (Off The Grid: FBI, #2)
  • Bossy Grump (Bad Chicago Bosses, #2)
  • One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow
Nature Lover, NEED animals in my life. 1/2 Cherokee 1/2 Irish/Scottish. Love to walk on the prairie. I hear nature, whispers from the Spirits. I have learned to listen to much most people do not hear.

Circles came to me in my dreams. Dreams are important in understanding yourself.

Animals have taught me more about myself that humans. They love you no matter what.

Shining Light's Sag (4 books)
  • Circles