Start by marking “Dirty Deeds (Cole McGinnis, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Deeds (Cole McGinnis, #4)

Dirty Deeds

(Cole McGinnis #4)

Sheila Pinelli needed to be taken out.

Former cop turned private investigator Cole McGinnis never considered committing murder. But six months ago, when Jae-Min’s blood filled his hands and death came knocking at his lover’s door, killing Sheila Pinelli became a definite possibility.

While Sheila lurks in some hidden corner of Los Angeles, Jae and Cole share a bed, a home, a
Published March 28th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published March 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Deeds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Deeds

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Of course I loved this one! I mean, it's Greg Tremblay and Rhys Ford! Greg Tremblay is a MASTER at audiobooks and Rhys was on her game, giving him a kick-ass story. It was blissfully, awesomely perfect.

I swear, Greg Tremblay gives me a book hangover each time I listen to him. The next audiobook after one of his can just never, ever compare! He is at the tippy top of his game, and he shows off his skills here in book #4 of the Cole McGinnis series. I know I always fan-girl all over this narrator
Shile
Loved it! Loved It!

description

What a crazy mystery ride, full of adventures and lots of laughter.

I couldn't stop listening to the audio. When i started i thought i would listen to it in bits, but nope i couldn't part with Greg and the Story.

I love Rhys Ford's writing so much, the story just flows and it is engaging.

Cole and Jae are great together, their love is still going strong and Cole bottoming for Jae....

description

I need to know more about Ben and i hope we get to know more or else i am going to be pissed.

Once
Susan
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it

I've said this before, but what I really love about reading a series is being able to follow along on a journey between characters, especially in a romance between 2 MC's.  This is the fourth installment of the Cole McGinnis series and it's been a long, hard road for Cole & Jae.  Book 4 was...a delight. It was so great to be able to finally see them both HAPPY and free to love one another.

What this series excels at is telling a layered mystery, wrought with personal angst, and highlighting a
Barbara➰
I liked this one a lot. Cole and Jae are turning out to be a great couple and I really like them together now. Cole is still my favorite and he deserves a happy life. And him bottoming for Jae? Beautiful. Such a lovely and hot scene.

I was hoping Shelia would meet a different ending...maybe she will in the future. And I still want to know what was going on with Ben. I hope we find out eventually.

But the ending? Well shit...gotta start the next one right away.
Ingie
Written August 25, 2014

4.3 Strong Shiny Stars - OMG, this was a great end to a pleasant sweet romantic crime series

Book #4

As A friend just told me I've been on a audiobook binge this last week. I'm almost exhausted!!. Time to read a book instead.

Big applause for a fantastic narration. Greg Tremblay made this books to a wonderful adventure, a journey, a train I'm glad I jumped on. There will be more Rhys Ford books in the future.

I have to collect myself now and through a few lines write a
Chelsea
I adore these two!

I loved finally here more about Ben, even though everything was still very vague. I also loved the epilogue, totally saw that coming and am super duper excited to see how that plays out.

(I still have a hard on for Greg Tremblay's narration!! Like a big one!)
Jenni Lea
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bmbr

I was recently introduced to this series when asked if I wanted to review an ARC of Dirty Deeds. I hadn’t read any of the books in the series so I thought I would give it a shot. I mean, I already knew I liked Rhys Ford’s books so why not? Well, I didn’t like this series.

I loved it!

I knew halfway through the first book Dirty Kiss that this series would end up being my favorite of hers. Just the fact that I never figured out whodunit in any of the books made sure that this series would go down as
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This review can be found at The Blogger Girls review site.

Cole and Jae are finally happy. In their one year together, they’ve managed to survive some pretty dangerous situations including the horrifying moment when Jae was shot by Sheila Pinelli. Now, six months after Jae’s recovery, their relationship is stronger than ever. When Cole gets a call about Sheila being arrested then let go, he can’t leave things alone any longer not when the police are asking for his help. What Cole hoped w
Wendy
So far this book is my favorite in the series. It was a little less fast-paced and the plot was very easy to follow. It also had less blood and gore...though there was still some.

Cole and Jae finally took the next step in their relationship...at least this was what it felt like to me. They were solid....and reading how far they have come together, was a beautiful thing.

0702feb52d0df5508bc72c10d0e7dc91.gif (470×198)

We also get an awesome scene with Cole bottoming for Jae for the first time. I have been waiting for that to happen since book 1
* A Reader Obsessed *
It's been six months since Cole almost lost Jae and every thing would be perfect if only the shooter was behind bars. Wry, dry, sarcastic, kinda an asshole - Cole doesn't really take himself too seriously. Instead, what he does take very seriously is his love for Jae and his need to keep him safe. The latest entry to this series was a great look at him, his blossoming relationship with Jae, and his evolving developments with his surrogate family and his two brothers.

Despite Cole's struggles wit
KatieMc
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: familiar-setting
I have had a great time with this series and Dirty Deeds is a nice culmination to it all (I know, there is one more book, but that is months away). The author has built a great series using some solid building block found in each book:

Funny opening scene. In this one, Cole finds his mouth in dangerously close proximity to cock poking out of green velour pants.
Cole being a magnet for trouble. I am pretty sure that he has been arrested in each book.
Guns and bullets. Someone's always getting shot.
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
This one was cool. I can finally say I didn't cry during this book. Cole and Jae relationships continue to grow and I love it. Can someone explain to me what happened to Maddie's legs. I don't recall what they said happened. I kinda like Ichrin, better than Mike I'm just saying. Bobby and little bro together saw that coming a mile away.
Line
Damn you Rhys Ford, damn you all to hell!
This series is addictive! Cole and Jae are fantastic MCs, the supporting characters are GREAT and the pace is realistic. However there was NO reason to put Jae and Cole further through the ringer, really! But you did Rhys Ford, and these two DESERVE their happy ending, I'm telling you, let them have their happy ending!!!
... Okay, I'm BEGGING you, let them have their happy ending, these two have been through enough, and are almost out on the other side,
Ann
Oh my. Oh. My.

I love this series, I love Cole, I love Jae, I really love Bobby and I love Rhys Ford for giving us these guys. I would be remiss if I didn't add the love for Greg Tremblay too because he is Cole McGinnis. When he reads Cole's really emotional scenes I get all kinds of verklempt and I can't stop listening. When he reads Cole's misadventures and snarky comments I laugh out loud and I can't stop listening. When he reads Cole and Jae's interactions, deliciously dirty and otherwise I c
Karen
Let's not call this a review...it's more of a rating with a comment...

And let's just say it's same old, same old...I'm loving it and the story's every bit as good as I remember and Greg Tremblay's just making it all the better and even more enjoyable than I remembered...so in a nutshell...I'm lovin' it!!!

Sept. 12/18 - Just adding another comment to the rating...here I am carrying on with my Cole McGinnis marathon but this time I'm just leave a little music here because this book title...well o
Chris, the Dalek King
“Do you promise this is your last white rabbit?” Jae’s thin smile was enough to ease some of my fear.

“It’s a windmill, remember? Quixote, not Alice.” I kissed him quickly, jerking back when his teeth nearly nipped my nose.

“No, I think this time, you are Alice.” Jae broke from my hold, standing in one fluid, liquid movement. “The windmills were real, even if Quixote thought they were giants. The white rabbit—that was all in Alice’s head. This thing you have with Sheila, you can’t leave it alone
Jax
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: series, 2-star, mystery
I don’t know if I’ve changed or if she has, but this author’s writing style is not working for me anymore. It feels like there’s very little left of what I liked about this series in book 1 & 2 and now the writing quirks – excessive description, lengthy sex scenes, and clumsy metaphors - just irritate and distract me. I often found myself thinking ‘huh?’ and rereading; the writing does not flow smoothly. I realize this may not bother most people, but this is the end of the line for this writ ...more
Mary
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finally.
I was just sure that Jae was going to run forever. And that was okay because I knew he loved Cole so him hiding from his own feelings, from true commitment, that was okay. I could deal. But Cole is getting things together too. He has a good working relationship with the LAPD now, things are quieting on the home front, he has two brothers, one older, one younger, who love him, and his best friend, though being weird, seems more grounded himself. So even though he still gets shot at and th
AliciaJ
Perfection! I was so happy to learn even more about Cole and how his past relationships shaped him into the man that adores Jae-Min. And I also loved that the mystery was so much easier to follow this time. It was excellent reading. Rhys has once again confirmed her spot as one of my very favorite authors.
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Dirty Deeds sees Cole get shot at a lot. You know, the usual. I can't imagine what his insurance rates must be!

After Ben's widow, Sheila, who has become a drugged out crack and meth addict, tried to kill Jae a few months ago, Cole spent a lot of time and energy trying to find her. Then, when Sheila is arrested and then released, due to a glitch or a stupid rookie mistake, Cole stepps up his efforts. So, of course, people from Cole's past keep crashing into his present, in a spectacular
Susan
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Susan by: Elsbeth
Shelves: mm, audio
Audio book

Greg Tremblay, marry me!!

description

I’m not only in love with Cole and Jae, but with Greg Tremblay as well. He is so good.
I’m not ashamed to admit that I am totally addicted to this series! I can listen to Greg telling me about Cole, Jae, Bobby and Ichi ALL day long.

This installment was a bit slower and less action packed than the others in the series. But we finally get some more answers as to why Ben shot Rick and Cole. And I did not see that one coming!

We also finally get a scene that I was p
Heidi
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, part-of-series
Probably my most fave of the series so far. I actually didn't get confused with all the names/characters this time. I felt Jae was a much more likeable character in this instalment. I understand it was part of his cultural up bringing to be so reserved, but I'm glad he and Cole really solidified their relationship.

Loved the little shout out to Mary Calmes (Jory & Sam) and the cliffie in the epilogue!
Elsbeth

description - Narrator - Grey Tremblay

Review to come..
Izzy
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dirty Deeds is Book Four in the Cole McGinnis Mystery series and all our favourite characters are here for our delectation. Our stalwart, besotted Cole and the gorgeous, Jae-Min, are living happily together and Cole is enjoying the physical results of Jae‘s yoga, which he took up to aid his recovery after being shot by Sheila. I still tingle or smile when they call each other Cole -ah or Jae-ah and their scenes together are deliciously hot. Twink loving Bobby is getting even more muscly, is stil ...more
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

Ichiro Tokugawa!!

Actually this book is my favourite in the series so far. Jae seems more settled and there was less forced angst and more backstory. Previous books could be confusing and it felt like the reader should know what was happening and this is the book that makes it all make sense. There is a MAJOR consistency error that really annoyed me and is pretty much the only reason that this does not get 5 stars. A bit harsh perhaps, but thems the breaks!!

These books are just easy reading and
Karen
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-mm
In the wee hours of the night I quietly slid my glasses on and opened my e-reader because damned if Cole & Jae weren't just sitting there taunting me. So I finished this series at 5 a.m. and I sighed happy because my boys had survived and were together and happy.

I wish I had time to write a lengthy review espousing all the virtues of this series and explaining why I love it so much, but alas the real world demands to much of me these days so I will simply say I loved, loved, loved reading th
Cory
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this one just as much as the others, if not more.

I've written this before, but I just love the relationship between Jae and Cole. They are so great together. I feel they really stepped up the relationship in this one and I loved every page of it.

I also like that O'Byrne and Cole have a better dynamic between the two of them. I think their banter is great and like how they've come to an understanding.

And the way it ended....hoo boy! I need the next book, like now!!!
Amy
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This has become my favorite M/M series. Ever! I love Cole and Jae-Min. And I love all the supporting characters. Mike, Maddy, Scarlet, Claudia and family, Bobby, and Ichi. Sounds like we might get to know those last two better in the next book. I can't freakin' wait!!!
Claudia
October 2016
Just re-read the whole series and can't get enough of these two.

April2016
Love this series! Cole and Jae are one of my favorite couples .... ever!
Bitchie
Shit, I'm all caught up, and now I have to wait with the rest of the masses!

Better review to come, but Rhys Ford has become my new Goddess with this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Dirty Deeds by Rhys Ford 1 13 Mar 31, 2014 10:38AM

• Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • The Merchant of Death (Playing the Fool, #2)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • The Boy with the Painful Tattoo (Holmes & Moriarity, #3)
  • A Casual Weekend Thing (Least Likely Partnership, #1)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Collusion (Diversion #2)
  • Threshold (Whyborne & Griffin, #2)
  • Undertow (Infected #7)
  • Left on St. Truth-be-Well
Rhys Ford is an award-winning author with several long-running LGBT+ mystery, thriller, paranormal, and urban fantasy series and was a 2016 LAMBDA finalist with her novel, Murder and Mayhem. She is published by Dreamspinner Press and DSP Publications.

She’s also quite skeptical about bios without a dash of something personal and really, who doesn’t mention their cats, dog and cars in a bio? She sha

Cole McGinnis (6 books)
  • Dirty Kiss (Cole McGinnis, #1)
  • Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2)
  • Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3)
  • Down and Dirty (Cole McGinnis, #5)
  • Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)