Start by marking “Meeting Eve” as Want to Read:
Meeting Eve

Meeting Eve

Meet Evelyn Walker, a single, confident thirty-something running her own international meeting and event planning company. The last ten years of hard work have paid off, and with enough events scheduled to take up the next five, Eve has established herself as one of the top meeting and event planners in the West. And yet, suddenly, she can’t seem to quiet her inner voice, ...more
Published November 22nd 2013 by Newton and Crockett

To ask other readers questions about Meeting Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeting Eve

Yvonne Karlin
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I found myself not wanting to put this book down! Well written with great characters. I could feel the tension and stress in event planning and saw what a wonderful job Eve and her team did handling some interesting situations with grace, professionalism, persistence and confidence. She let her hair down a few times...only proving that Event Planners do get tired and can have fun in the midst of it all. Well done. The last few pages have me waiting for Book 2 to see Eve's next adventure and get ...more
HURST
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
MEETING EVE is SUCH A FUN READ!!!! The main character, Eve, is not only inspiring, but also someone you'd want to kick back and have a glass of wine with. This story is full of funny moments, and really awesome characters. The book opens with somewhat of a challenge for Eve, an experienced meetings and event planner. Her long-time friend and client wants her to plan an event in Amsterdam for a HUGE crowd of people in TWO MONTHS. As experienced as she is, Eve has never had such a short period of ...more
Jane Loh
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
'Meeting Eve' is brilliantly written! I found myself not wanting to put this book down! The storyline flowed beautifully and I felt as if I was involved in a wonderful adventure! Each character was special and important. I found myself getting very attached to each and every one! Cathy and Marla had me giggling, Peter and Blaine left me curious and Sebastian was every girl's dream! Eve, always the professional and ambitious event planner, became my forever friend and I can't wait to see what she ...more
Cyndib
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I wanted to read this book all in one sitting. The characters are interesting and well developed. Some of those personalities or similar may have passed through my own life. I felt that Eve is clearly a visionary that can transform a hovel into a five star most wanted invitation…..much to her clients delight! She is beautiful, charming and a tough negotiator too, something of a contradiction. I felt as if I was a part of it all. I would laugh and cringe throughout the book, I guess it’s just ano
Peggy
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, feel-good read! My life is busy, but certainly not as exciting as Eve's. I found myself carrying this book in my purse and reading it every chance I got throughout the day. I had some fantastic 'laugh out loud' moments while reading. My family kept asking, "what are you reading?", "you must really like that book." or "what's so funny?!" The characters are still with me, and I am looking forward to Janee Pennington's next book so they can all come back to life.
Emilia
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bravo! I couldn't put this book down. Every ambitious modern woman can relate to Eve. This is a fun story in the creative world of event planning with some international flair. I can't wait for the next book. What will happen with Eve and Sebastian?! It leaves you wanting more. This book could easily be made into a movie!!!!
David Barron
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I picked up Meeting Eve as a diversion from my normal, more serious, heavy reading regiment. I was an unexpectedly fun, easy read that chronicled the crazy personal and professional life of corporate events meeting planner. For anyone looking for a fun diversion in the form of a novel, I highly recommend picking up a copy.
Robin Merritt
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Janee Pennington's first novel, Meeting Eve, is witty and smart! I enjoyed every minute of it. She is an intelligent author and an exciting story teller. The visuals she creates are stunning and her characters intriguing. She leaves her readers in just the right place...wanting more! Can't wait for her next great book!
Lisa Fellhauer
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Janee Pennington's "Meeting Eve" has captured the exciting industry of high-end Event Planning from the unique prospective of the owner. You will have a glimpse into her world as only can be seen from the eyes of someone who has lived though these enthralling events. Page turning, unexpected twists, and a very surprising ending that demands a sequel. I can't wait to see it in the theater!!!
Suzanne Young
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great read, engaging, and hard to put down once you start the adventure. Meeting Eve gives incredible insight into the thousands of details of event planning -- Eve is a super hero in addition to being someone you simply want to hang around with. I was upset when the book ended, can't wait to read more.

I recommend to anyone wanting lots of laughs - you'll get hooked on Eve!
Erin Keyes
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great, fun read. Interesting characters. Pace gained momentum until I was racing through the last chapters. Interesting insight into event planning. End was left with lots of open ends to keep us anticipating the next book.
Caroline Willi
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Meeting Eve by Janee Pennington and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's very well written, highly entertaining, has interesting characters, is fast paced, makes you laugh out loud, and allows you to play armchair tourist!

I highly recommend putting it on your To Read list!
Jennie Farfel
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Well written. Love characters! Couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the next one!
Elisa Osborn
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Light,engaging,fun and well written, Meeting Eve is the perfect pairing to a lazy afternoon.
Alisha Webster
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Eve is insanely busy. She runs her own event planning business with high-end clients. Eve is trying to balance her business and what is left of her personal life. She also can’t say no to anyone, which is a problem of mine. Sebastian throws himself into her life, she doesn’t have time for this man, and knowing his reputation makes that obvious. He doesn’t take that as an answer. Work, friends, and men are pushing their ways into her life. It’s shocking that she can handle it all. I enjoyed this ...more
Gretchen Nehrling
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Meeting Eve is such a fun read. I worked for a large corporation and had some sense of what goes in to a
major event planning but this is over the top. I could see so many similarities between the characters in this book and real life characters in the Corporate world. Laugh out loud moments but book also has twists and turns to keep you reading at one or two sittings. You also get emotionally involved in the characters. Highly recommend.
Stephan Jansen
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With personal connections to the places in LA, Amsterdam & Berlin, this was a high-adrenaline, fast read! Light & entertaining - ditch the Dostoyevsky & cheer up :)
Josh Parker
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Meeting Eve is a fun read. The author truly paints the picture of the ins and outs of a meeting and event planner's crazy busy life. The reader gets to see the exciting life though the eyes of one of the best in the business. Even though Eve is constantly overwhelmed with creating the most exotic parties around the world, she has a huge heart and still makes time for her friends even if it means she never gets to sleep. I love how the reader gets to go inside Eve's head and know what she is real ...more
Carley Cesare
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to win this fun read through the first reads program. I enjoyed joining Eve Walker on her journey through Europe as she tries to pull off the must attend events of an international media conference. Eve also begins a journey of finding who she is and what she wants from life. As the book progressed, I found it difficult to put down. Eve was such an engaging character I wanted to read more about her. I felt the ending left me hanging! I wanted to continue reading about Eve and ...more
Carolyn Keel
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads-wins
Received this through First Reads Giveaways.

I have been sick for a while, so I'm very behind on my reviews. As such, I can't remember everything I wanted to say about this one, but I did love it. This book was actually the only good part of my illness -- it gave me an excuse not to put it down! I just vegetated on the couch with this book and devoured it. It was great all the way through.
Teresa Goetz
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Meeting Eve by Janee Penington is a must read book! I found myself in a daydream stage whatching it as if in a play or movie, and had a few giggles in some funny momments. Never knew just how much it took to make an event happen till now. Love it and cant wait to see whats next!
Sherri Dixon
Aug 25, 2014
Robert
Jan 09, 2014
  • Wish You Weren't
  • Any Witch Way (Pagan Holiday Series)
  • A Delicate Bond
  • Tell Everyone: Why We Share and Why It Matters
  • Clothed with the Sun
  • Dead Hungry
  • Hypothyroidism, Health & Happiness: The Riddle of Illness Revealed
  • All Beautiful Things
  • Nostrum (The Scourge, #2)
  • The Cat, the Devil, the Last Escape
  • Genesis Code
  • The Lady and the Minstrel
  • At His Command (Wars of the Roses Brides, #1)
  • Bang Bang
  • Stormbringer (Weather Witch, #2)
  • Burned (Vanessa Pierson, #2)
  • The Barefoot Lawyer: A Blind Man's Fight for Justice and Freedom in China
  • Into Great Silence: A Memoir of Discovery and Loss among Vanishing Orcas
In her 20 years in the hospitality industry, Janee Pennington was considered an expert in her field of creating, designing and implementing meetings and events. Meeting Eve, her funny, fast-paced and absorbing debut novel, inspires everyone to chase their dreams and live passionately.

Janee grew outside of Los Angeles. “My mother loved to tell a story of me when I was 3 years old, I would combine b