Start by marking “Provoke” as Want to Read:
Provoke

Provoke

Mace Jordan was not the type of guy I expected to sweep me off my feet. I knew of the crowd he ran with, and they were bad news. But beyond that tough, biker exterior was a sweetheart, and one that treated me like his princess.
I liked being the good girl with the bad boy, but I never expected this. What I saw on his computer…I thought I knew him.

But I was wrong. So wrong…
Published March 16th 2014 by Missy Johnson (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Provoke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Provoke

Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireCrashed by K. BrombergTime After Time by Emily   FosterRhett by J.S. CooperMaybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Most ANTICIPATED ROMANCE books for 2014
1,089 books — 3,136 voters
Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleyReaper's Legacy by Joanna Wylde
Bikers
1,349 books — 2,666 voters

More lists with this book...

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
1.5 STARS

Here’s a breakdown of what went through my head when I read the book:

- 8%: Whew HOT, going great! Also it’s a nice forbidden romance *yay*

- 19%: Hmm okay hot sex is great...anything else?

- 25%: Is there a point to this book?

- 33%: What is going on? Get to the point please.

- 40%: YES FINALLY!! A plot twist. A weird one but now you’ve got my attention.

- 45%: description

- 59%: WTF?!

- 75%: That veered a little too close to dark romance. Still didn’t like it.

- 89%: *headdesk* What did you expect would
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
1.5 Not my cuppa Stars

Sad to say, this book did not work for me at all. It had great potential and the blurb sounded so promising, but somewhere along the way it just fell flat.

Here's the thing, for a book to be 3 stars or higher for me it needs 3 things:

1. Endearing characters
2. A strong plot
3. Character?strong plot development

Unfortunately, in the case of Provoke, I didn't find any of those things.

I never connected to the heroine. For someone that is supposed to be a tough public prosecutor, s
✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: coming-2014, arc
I’m very sorry to say this but Provoke just didn’t do it for me. Between the story development and the characters, I was a bit disappointed with the amount of enthusiasm I had going into this only to fall short of expectations.

description

A lot of it for me also had to deal with the fact with to which I agree with Feifei: “does this story even have a point?” . I literally thought the SAME EXACT thing while reading this.

It was like the characters would do this and that and so would the plot but how in the
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

Provoke def provoked me! LOL As basically this book wasn't heading anywhere for me. It was beating around the bush with steamy sex.
And BAM we have the twist, and go around beating around the bush again.

IT WAS ALL ABOUT SEX!

photo tumblr_mqt0bpwvqi1qh9nffo1_500.gif

Nothing excited me sadly!

photo Thatsdisappointingrs.gif

It wasn't mine, but it might yours.

Happy Reading

D xoxo

**ARC provided for honest review**
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Provoke
Author – Missy Johnson
Publication Date – March 16, 2014
Type – Stand Alone
Genre – Romance/New Adult
Rating – 3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy kindly provided by author (Blog Tour) in exchange for an honest review.

Review
Ahhh….here is another book that my girls and I agreed to disagree on and again, I ended up being the only one who read and finished it.

I didn’t love it….I didn’t hate it – this is a book I liked – I could stomach and I could finish…now that doesn’t mean that I di
~ Becs ~
Gah!! I really wanted to like this one! This is my first book my Missy Johnson and I was very much looking forward to read it but it just fell flat for me. The story idea is actually pretty good and it’s a fairly different idea for a romantic suspense but I never once really connected with the characters.

I really loved the idea of this story – it’s typical bad guy falling for a good girl. Mace comes from a long line of criminals, most of which are in prison – he’s gorgeous, inked and has the who
Michelle
Feb 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, arc
**ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review***

***3 Mace Stars***

Provoke1-2

provoke3

I will first state that I am a fan of Missy Johnson so when I heard that she had a new book called Provoke, I was so eager to get my hands on it. Provoke was different and not what I had expected. This book started off great but as the story progress, I found myself wanting more. More development of the characters, more groundwork for the secrets, and more details.

I loved the concept of a son of a notorious criminal fal
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
4 Rough talking Tough guy Mace Stars

Betrayal

Complimentary copy provided by the author "Missy Johnson" in exchange for an honest review.

Rape, sold to the highest bidder on line

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mace Jordan was not the type of guy I expected to sweep me off my feet..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I was watching a snuff film and the guy was Mace!!

Kneeling down in front of her, I pressed a rag over her mouth and nose.

Kidnapping

Think about Anna I was doing this for Anna

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I lifted my head, Mace was slowly coming into focus in the drivers seat. Why
The Novel Lifestyle
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well, well, well. Didn’t this book surprise the hell out of me! I went into this only knowing the general idea. I’d read the teasers, seen the blurb, and I was so excited. When Missy contacted me asking if I’d like a complimentary copy of Provoke, I jumped at it. I was looking for a more twisted book to read. And twisted it was! But in a lighter kind of way. It was perfect for me.

I had never really experimented with the ‘darker’ books. I am, and always will be a sucker for the romance novels, b
Chris-Wait-For-It-Awesome
Mar 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
dnf at 16%
seriously why is she trying to be a writer?
and do you know what pisses me off?
her stories are intriguing.
but come on! who are you trying to convince? If I found my boyfriends' sex tapes (that included rape) and then he kidnapped me "in order to explain" I would have called the police! I wouldn't be turned on! And I can't even accept the Stockholm syndrome I thought when he first chlorophormed her!
Geri Reads
Feb 20, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ARC provided by Missy Johnson in exchange for an honest review.
Kelly Mccurdy
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
~~I received a free ARC in exhchange for an honest review~~

This is the first book that I have read by Missy Johnson, I am not sure if it will be the last. The storyline was not clear. It took until almost the end of the book to figure out what the story line was all about. Once that was figured out, the story moved right along, but like I said, this was at the end of the book when we figured out what was going on. Other than that, it was how hot Mace is and how wonderful Leeta is in bed.

There
Shannon
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm doing 4 stars for this one, it could have been a 5 star read but some of the grammatical errors were a bit crazy such as a 'WE' where a 'HE' was intended.

This is a different plot, which I guess I have a knack for reading these days (no complaints here) it is a welcome change from the typical biker or billionaire reads I normally find myself reading.

Mace is a biker, but to be perfectly honest we NEVER truly hear about that outside of one scene in the book. He is tough, and he clearly has some
Angela
4.5 of 5 stars!!!!

ARC gifted from the author in return for an honest review.

I’ve not had read of any Missy Johnson books before so when Provoke was announced as a new release I had to jump right in and I am so glad that I did. This book blew me away. I didn’t know what to expect from the book or the author and the synopsis didn’t prepare me for the ride Provoke took me on.

The story is about two main characters, a Prosecutor called Leeta, and local bad boy, Mace. Mace has a troubled and tragi
Johanna Sawyer
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Liza
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Received an ARC for an honest review

I'm so sorry. Provoke just didn't click with my liking. I was looking for more meat but I was served with more salad, at least it has croutons.

I didn't get what has been happening within the story except for Mace's job is so different and Leeta is his lawyer girlfriend. That's it.

Character naming is one of the factors I didn't like too. Mace is okay but Leeta is just so weird that I can't picture her properly as a beautiful and strong woman.

The steaminess wa
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
I thought I was going to hate this book but apparently I didn't.

The pace of the story is okay, a little too draggy and once Leeta came across Mace's secret then from there it took off. Once Mace unfolds his story to Leeta, I thought WTF, seriously. That's actually a lame outlook of a story to seek revenge. I don't know but it kind of felt stupid. (view spoiler)
Deborah
Apr 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Good read 3.5 stars.

On the whole I enjoyed this book and the cover, I do like a good cover since that's how I pictured Mace throughout the book.
Anyway like I said I enjoyed most of this book there were a couple of parts I took exception to, don't want to give anything away but there's a couple of creepy bits, for the most part I loved the characters and the story, think this is the first book I've read by this author I'm off to check out her other books hope she's done one for Cash I'd like to s
Texas
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
quick read...there is some grit here..angst..Mace wanting to right the past
Leeta wants to help..they get in way over their heads and BOOM
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Jo Rushton 4.5 Stars Book gifted for honest review

"Provoke" was the first book that I've read by Missy Johnson and I was truly impressed. This book was brilliant. I was a gripping read that I just couldn't put down and as such managed to read it one sitting. It does however cover a disturbing subject so some people may find some of the scenes upsetting.

The lead characters in "Provoke" were Mace and Leeta:
"He came from a bad family, and he had made some bad decisions in his life,
but
Denise Van plew
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
If looking for a intensely good one to read with good girl and bad boy hook up than look no farther. Most read these type of books because they want to find out for themselves is he really Bad? They are also a read you can really sink your teeth into, then it turns around usually sinking its teeth into you. This one comes from a family that has the rep of being hard core trouble. Mace is not going down the same path as his brother or father. His path though has caused him to cross paths with one ...more
Trish -  Novels In Heels
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-reviewed
**** 4 Alluring Stars ****
I really enjoyed the twists and turn of this story. Missy really knows how to keep you glued to the pages. The plot really surprised me as it was so unexpected – I just didn’t see it coming. I love books like this because it kept me so intrigued as to what would happen next.

The dual point of view is perfect because we get to see it from both sides. It really made the story work for me.

The story starts off with Leeta and Mace in a strong, loving relationship. Leeta is yo
Kristine GPI Bookblog
I was gifted an ecopy of Provoke in exchange for an honest review by the author.

Where do I even start with Provoke, it's fast paced, action packed and has so much more depth than I ever anticipated. Provoke centers around Mace, all sexy, tattered up alpha male, comes from the wrong side of the tracks, is pretty much the son of criminal royalty, and Leeta, smart, focused and works as a Prosecuter for the DPP. On the outside these two couldn't be more different but they found a connection, an unmi
Nancy's Romance Reads
Feb 22, 2014 marked it as to-read
I love bad boy stories! Right in my TBRs! ♥

description

Blurb:

But I was wrong. So wrong…

If there was ever a bad time for me to fall for a chick it was now, but from
Rebeka Duran
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
**I received an ARC for an honest review**

Reading the teasers leading up to the release of this book got me so hyped up for it!

I was so excited to get an ARC.

In the beginning you know there is a big secret. Something Mace is hiding.
so of course you are looking for clue to find out what THE HELL IS GOING ON!

I was on the edge of my seat.
Little by little you get some clues and some suspensions.
Wondering what was coming next.

then..
..........
..............

BAM!

you find out the secret....

I was like ..
Christine
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I was thoroughly entranced with this book! I wanted to know what his secret was so fast that I finished this book in less than 3 hours, honestly. I loved it! It was great!

The only thing I wanted more
Of was the story... I wanted a bigger ending because I felt like I was jipped because it just happened so fast and maybe I just read it too quick and was too excited? Yeah kinda. but it was also sad and it had a great story to it!! Loved it!!!
Mojo_Mama
Needed more depth. Read like a outline for a longer book. Would have 3 or 4 starred it with more author effort. Not safe....so very not safe.
Hayley
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow on release day
Rachael Orman
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Totally misleading synopsis... complete let down.. but at least the sex scenes were hot.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Blurred Lines
  • Inferno (SKALS, #4)
  • Elite Invitation
  • Biker Babe in Black (The Chromes and Wheels Gang, #1)
  • Fight For You
  • That Which Destroys Me
  • Eluded
  • Target This
  • On the Way Home
  • House of Aces (House of Aces, #1)
  • Saxon
  • Lilith (Lucifer's Legion Motorcycle Club #1)
  • Roar
  • Yes, Master
  • Invincible (The Trident Code, #1)
  • Rellik
  • Breaking Beauty: Devils Aces MC (Vegas Titans, #2)
  • Edge of Chaos (Sons of Chaos MC, #1)
Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.