Start by marking “Kitty's Greatest Hits” as Want to Read:
Kitty's Greatest Hits

Kitty's Greatest Hits (Kitty Norville 0.0, 0.5-0.8, 1.5, 2.5, and more)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  2,310 Ratings  ·  189 Reviews
Kitty's Greatest Hits: the first-ever story collection from New York Times bestselling author Carrie Vaughn, including two all-new works!

Kitty Norville, star of a New York Times bestselling series, is everybody's favorite werewolf DJ and out-of-the-closet supernatural creature. Over the course of eight books she's fought evil vampires, were-creatures, and some serious blac
Published August 26th 2014 by Tor Books (first published August 16th 2011)

Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good group of short stories. While Kitty isn't always in the story, almost all of them are directly related to her and have familiar characters in them. If you like the Kitty Norville series I'd definitely recommend this book.

I'm listening to the audio version of this book and have listed the times for each story below.

Il Est Ne
(1.5 in the series)
Time: 0-1:03

This story takes place after book #1 at the point where Kitty is traveling around after leaving the pack but she h
Sandi
Sep 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2011
I really love the Kitty Norville series. Kitty is a terrific character and she gets into some interesting situations. So, when I saw that this book was coming out, I had to have a copy. I was pretty disappointed. First, being more expensive than the typical Kitty Norville novel, I expected it to be bigger. Well, it is trade paperback, so it is bigger, but only in physical size, not in content. I read it in three days using only break time and my 1/2 hour lunch. Second, it didn't really have much ...more
Carolyn
This was a fun collection, some of them having to do with the origin stories of several recurring Kitty-verse characters like Rick and T.J., and the relationship of Ben and Cormac. Others are directly about Kitty and some of her adventures. One of the best was the novella about what exactly happened to Cormac while he was in jail and how he ended up with such a 'split personality' afterwards.
Highly recommend for all Kitty fans!
Bea  Charmed
A nice mix of stories, many of them not involving Kitty at all. We get several stories from Cormac's POV and both his and Rick's origin stories.
Katie Michaels
This is an eclectic collection of short stories that are supposed to take place in the Kitty Norville world. Some are better than others. A few... I'm not sure what they're doing in this book at all. Here's a breakdown.

"Il Est Ne" - Being a werewolf is new to David. He can't control his changes; he has no pack. He thinks he'll never lead a normal life again. Then, he meets Kitty at a Waffle House on Christmas. She recognizes what he is and tries to guide him. As they talk, news reports come in,
Melindeeloo
Since Kitty's Greatest Hits is all Vaughn all the time, the anthology has a better flow to it even with a mix of different types of stories than typical multi-author collections do. A lot of these stories have been previously published, but even though Vaughn promised a few new ones - including a brand new Cormac story - and some hard to find ones originally appeared in magazines, I was still surprised to find there were actually a few more new-to-me-ones here than I'd expected. I was also surpr ...more
Michelle Tempted By Books
Here's Kitty's Hit List:

Il Est Ne (in Wolfsbane and Mistletoe) - Facing a lonely Christmas in a diner, Kitty helps another werewolf recapture his humanity. Quite gorey, you can really feel Vaughn's imagery. YIKES

A Princess of Spain (in The Secret History of Vampires) An unrelated vampires story, I really didn't feel this fit the Kitty series, nonetheless it was OK.

Conquistador de la Noche- Vampire Rick's backstory.

Book of Daniel - The story of Daniel and the lions.

Temptation of Robin Greene (in
Chris
First, the title, as some reviews have pointed out, is slightly misleading. Yet, the back of the book makes it clear that the stories take place in the Kitty universe, so it's not really false advertising.

Kitty does appear in some of the stories, yet those stories (with one exception) are the weakest ones in this collection. In fact, one of them "Winnowing the Herd", shows a Kitty who isn't a Kitty from the novels, in particular considering the story takes place before the first book in series.

T
Samantha Tolleson
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans,Urban Fantasy fans, Kim Harrison fans
Recommended to Samantha by: previous books
It has been quite a while since I've read any Kitty Norville books, but I'm wanting to catch up where I was without having to read the entire series again. So this seems like a good place to start. I've read some of these stories in various anthologies.

"A Princess of Spain"
I really enjoyed this story to the nth degree. I'll probably read again, just for the hell of it!

Conquistador de la Noche
Yes!Yes!Yes!(what is this an Herbal Essence commercial?){NO!} This is Rick's story, and he just so happen
Angela
Feb 05, 2016 marked it as deals  ·  review of another edition
5 February 2016: $2.99 on Kindle
Badseedgirl
"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

I'm pretty sure Hamlet must have been living in Kitty Norville's world when He spoke these words. As I was reading these stories, this quote kept rolling round and round my head. I mean pretty much every type of supernatural creature pops up somewhere in these fourteen tales.

And obviously Carrie Vaughn realized this, because she has one of her characters use this quote in the last story in the book. This
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

This book is a must for Kitty fans. A simple statement, but it really does apply because Ms. Vaughn presents a bunch of short stories that showed the development of what we now know and love about Radio D.J, and my favorite werewolf, Kitty Norville.

I included in the page count the explanations that the author included at the end of all the short stories because they read well, are entertaining by themselves and provided greater insig
Tara Day
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like all my reviews of anthologies, each story will have its own rating and review. The overall rating is an average of each.

Il Est Ne - Set between books one and two, this is an awesome story where Kitty meets a shy and disoriented werewolf on Christmas. Concerned he may have killed someone, he and Kitty investigate a series of brutal murders to discover the truth. It's fun, intense, and you really get to see how much Kitty helps people just by listening (5/5).

A Princess of Spain - Though it
mlady_rebecca
Collection of short stories. The regular books are first person. The short stories are deliberately third person, so the author can explore different parts of the universe she created.

Il Est Ne
Kitty's Zombie New Year
Life is the Teacher
You're on the Air
Long Time Waiting

Interesting mix of stories.

"Il Est Ne", "
The Loopy Librarian
For some reason, when I requested this book, I thought it was written for young adults. I enjoy stories of the paranormal when they are written for YA, but I usually avoid them when they are written for adults. Adult paranormal books often slip into the realm of erotica and are more graphic in general. This book was no exception. I was interested in the stories that involved a bit of mystery, like when Cormac was trying to determine the identity of the werewolf in "God's Creatures." In fact, alt ...more
Ilah
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, but not quite as much as the regular Kitty books.

I enjoyed having more background on Cormac and Rick. It would not work to have that information in one of the regular Kitty books because they are not stories they would share with other people. I would like to see more short stories of Cormac, especially his pre-jail times.

I did not get into Emma’s story or A.J.’s story as much because they are more minor characters and were not developed as much in the series. A.J. had the p
Amber
Jun 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book but not as much as a regular Kitty novel. Kitty's greatest hits contains 14 short stories. 5 stories include Kitty, 3 are about Cormac, 2 include Ricardo. T.J., Angeline, Alette and Daniel the lion shifter all have a story each.
My favourite 5 stories are, Il est Ne, Princess of Spain, Conquistador de la Noche, Temptation of Robin Green, and Kitty and the Mosh pit of the Damned.
I liked Il est Ne because the story includes Kitty and shes in her element. She forgets all her tr
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
The best stories were:
"A Princess of Spain" -a vampiric twist to Catherine of Aragon's marriage to the sickly Prince Arthur.
"Conquistador de la Noche" -the tale of how Rick from the Kitty series became a vampire in the 1500s.
"The Book of Daniel" -a shapeshifting twist on the biblical story of Daniel being thrown to the lions.
"Looking After Family" -about what happened to Cormac from the Kitty series after he killed the thing that murdered his father when he went to live with his cousin Ben and
Craig
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the title, most of these stories don't feature Kitty Norville, but rather other characters who appear in the series of novels, or at least are set in the same Kitty-world. Once I got past that confusion, I enjoyed the book very much. My favorite story was The Temptation of Robin Green. I was never a fan of Cormac in the books, but two stories here feature him and were among the best in the book, Long Time Waiting and Looking After Family. (Norman Reedus could be cast as a great Cormac.) ...more
Sandra
Ms Vaughn was sneaky and gave us Rick the Vampire's beginnings without warning. It wasn't till the end that I realised whose story she was telling.

Ben & Cormac's early life together was as I'd imagined from the full books, but probably the most interesting was Cormac's life in prison and how Lady Amelia Parker ended up a ghost and bound to him.

There were a couple of other stories some relating to Kitty and some not, which were also good, King Henry VIII; zombie girlfriend; Jake the Vampire;
Kris Sellgren
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This short story collection is a fun read for any fan of Vaughn's series about Kitty the werewolf. Some tales I'd already read elsewhere, and some were new to me. Included are the origin stories for Rick the vampire and TJ the werewolf, plus a novella about how Cormac and Amelia met. There are secret government labs, intrigue at the court of Henry VII, and and a different take on how Daniel survived the lions' den. I really enjoyed this.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
14 short stories, all but 2 of them are Kitty or "Kitty-verse" stories. All but 2 had been previously published. That said, I had only read 4 of them. This is a nice collection for Kitty fans. It nice too read some back stories about Rick, Cormac, and T.J. I liked reading about what went on during Cormac's prison stay.
Adriana
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A cool series of short stories that further expand the world of Kitty Norville.
You get a look at the background stories of several side characters and some new tidbits about Kitty's life.
I do think that at least a passing knowledge of the series is necessary to fully appreciate the stories, but several of them can be enjoyed without it. That's some solid writing.
Cindy
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I normally don't like short stories, but this collection held my interest the entire way through. Most of the stories are related to the Kitty novels and I was happy to learn a bit more about the other characters that make appearances in the books.
Chris
3.5 stars. Good collection, though not as enjoyable as a Kitty novel. The last story, "Long Time Waiting" was a 4-star new story about Cormac.
Louisa
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great collection of the early short stories in this series! I didn't read all of them today, but I read the majority, just 3 left, I think, to read! Can't wait to read more of this series!
Bethany
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like her short stories. And they cleared up a lot of mysteries. Very good!
Nancy O'Toole
Carrie Vaughn's latest publication, Kitty's Greatest Hits, is a collection of short stories that take place in her Kitty Norville series, a paranormal universe inhabited by werewolves, vampires, and radio DJs. To be honest, I was kind of nervous about picking it up, as my experience with the latest Kitty novel, Kitty's Big Trouble, was less than positive. Fortunately, Kitty's Greatest Hits is a solid collection. It's worth mentioning that most of the stories in this collection do not star Kitty ...more
Nicole
Madison Mega-Mara...: #51 Kitty's Greatest Hits by Carrie Vaughn 1 3 Apr 12, 2016 05:32PM
  • Running with the Pack
  • Dark and Stormy Knights
  • Down These Strange Streets
  • Blood in Her Veins: Nineteen Stories from the World of Jane Yellowrock
  • Full Moon City
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
  • Mortal Ties (World of the Lupi, #9)
  • Hidden (Otherworld Stories, #10.7)
  • Eye of the Tempest (Jane True, #4)
  • Black Heart Loa (Hoodoo, #2)
  • Hexed (Kate Daniels, #4.5; Otherworld, #9.5; Stormwalker, #2.5; Anna Strong Chronicles, #6.5)
  • Crossroads (Anna Strong Chronicles, #7)
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Still Life with Shape-Shifter (Shifting Circle, #2)
  • Bedeviled (Dark Breed #2)
  • Shadow of Death (The Chosen Chronicles #2)
  • Wolfsbane and Mistletoe
  • Unsympathetic Magic (Esther Diamond #3)
Carrie Vaughn is best known for her New York Times bestselling series of novels about a werewolf named Kitty who hosts a talk radio show for the supernaturally disadvantaged. The fourteenth installment, Kitty Saves the World, was released in 2015. Her forthcoming novels include a near-Earth space opera, Martians Abroad, from Tor Books, and a post-apocalyptic murder mystery, Bannerless, from John J ...more
More about Carrie Vaughn...

Kitty Norville (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1)
  • Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2)
  • Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, #5)
  • Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6)
  • Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7)
  • Kitty Goes to War (Kitty Norville, #8)
  • Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, #9)
  • Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville, #10)