Start by marking “Lights of the Veil” as Want to Read:
Lights of the Veil

Lights of the Veil

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Faith and purpose collide in the exotic setting of this powerful love story. Through mysterious circumstances, Erica Tanner meets her late sister's only child, Betul. Within hours they are kidnapped and taken to India, where an unexpected friendship with the handsome Prince Ajari complicates Erica's escape -- especially when she learns he is Betul's uncle. As friends attem ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Multnomah (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Lights of the Veil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lights of the Veil

Jackie
Jan 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book! I am so used to "Christian fiction" being very lackluster in really showing how one lives while being a Christian, how ones continually relies on God. This book proves it can be done. It is a thrilling ride right from the first paragraph. I didn't want to stop reading!
Jen Heinze
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books of all times. I wish that Patty could have written some more books before losing her battle with cancer, but she is with Jesus.
Hannah Ruthie
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a fascinating read - quite unique amongst books that I've had before. It is a missionary adventure novel, a story of the journey of faith of one woman and those around her. It begins in America, but soon sweeps the reader into the rich culture of India, where Hindus and Sikh extremists are making plans to rid the sub-continent of Christianity. It was also a tender love story, and an honest appraisal of the questions that any follower of Jesus may have about what path they need to take.

T
Brooke Barenfanger
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anybody who wants something new
This is one of my favorite books of all time. I must have read it six times. It is very unique in its plot, which I am always searching for. I have read so many books that they are all beginning to sound the same. It is very realistic, sweet, and desperately romantic. Jesus is very real in this book, in how He is revealed among horrible poverty in the slums of India. I won't reveal too much, but Lights of the Veil involves a prince, a hopeless love, and the tender, godly heart of Erica Tanner, t ...more
Jewel DiSalvo
This book is perfect .:) I found it at a flea market and it became one of my favorite books of all time . It brings me closer to Jesus every time I read it , the writing is beautiful and lyrical , the romance is one of the most touching , passionate love stories ever , the characters are people I wish I knew in real life , the plot is interesting and shocking , and every time I finish reading it I'm struck with the feeling that this is probably one of the best novels I will ever read .
Elizabeth
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A gripping story from start to finish. The struggles of seeking the true God (while caught up in a land of Hinduism) and the journey toward faith, and recognizing the power and love God has for us. A perfect blend of faith, hope, love, sacrifice, adventure, and heartbreak. An amazing read with a few tears shed. It was worth it!
Kayley
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's a must read!
Jeff
Aug 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
There was just so much western Christianity in it that clouded the story. I don't think the author took time to research Indian culture and Christianity in India.
Arlene
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favorite books, one which I have re-read several times since purchasing it many many years ago. Loved the characters, the setting, the storyline, everything.
Samantha Anhalt
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Full of everything you want in a story...adventure, romance, intrigue, travel, faith, and even humor!
Amber Hill
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!!
Tynan
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read this story years ago and I still enjoy rereading it.
Becca
Dec 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anybody who likes books with some suspense and exotic places, and ideas
This book was great. Patty Metzer gave really colorful, detailed descriptions of the people, plces, customs, etc., of India. I'd read it a million times! :-D
Angie
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it

Very interesting! Kept me wanting to read more....
Pamela Rath
Angela Nixon
Feb 18, 2013
Desarae
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Right from the start this book grabs you. The author has a beautiful way with words and the story moves along quickly, pulling you in. I like how it touches on different genres...starting out as a mystery it has elements of thriller/adventure tales, romance, exotic flavors that take you to foreign lands, and the aspect of the struggles of faith.

On a whole I really enjoyed this book. But I will admit that a little over halfway through I found myself getting very annoyed with the main character, t
Colleen