Start by marking “Dark Cravings (Dark, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Cravings (Dark, #1)

Dark Cravings

(Dark #1)

As a half-breed vampire, Ella Grey’s life sucks. She does her best to pass the time killing demons and secretly admiring her Shadow Hunter partner, Micah. He’s hot, dangerous and knows it. He’d be just Ella’s type if he weren’t likely to kill her the moment she put a toe out of line.

A chance encounter with a succubus changes everything. From the second the succubus’s spell
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition (Revised), 239 pages
Published December 25th 2013 by Ellora's Cave (first published April 30th 2012)

Battle of the Bulge by Mimi Jean PamfiloffTrue by Laurann DohnerMoon by Laurann DohnerObsidian by Laurann DohnerHook Me by Chelle Bliss
Sexy Male Book Covers #1
386 books — 214 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireHopeless by Colleen HooverMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiAlways by Kindle Alexander
2014 Must Reads
2,047 books — 2,376 voters

More lists with this book...

Plamena
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 HOT/Burning Stars!!!

Dark Cravings is one of the hottest books I have ever read. But it is also so much more than just steamy scenes and a delicious alpha male…the story is very interesting and different.

“The Vampire Queen and the Demon Son…”

Ella is a half-breed vampire. She wasn’t born like this. Ella was turned by the ex-lover, Julian, without her permission. So because of that the last few years of her life were full with struggles. As her ex turned her, he is now her ‘sire’ and they are
Fayth Devlin
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it... and I love it! :)
Julie Ramsey
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
Ella and Micah are demon/vampire hunters. They have to work & train together. Ella is convinced that Micah is out to get her kicked out of the agency they work for. Micah thinks Ella is dangerous. Both are all ways picking at each other and fighting. The tension between them is intense. Ella is a half vampire, Micah thinks he is all human. Their world changes when they run across a demon and a little lust spell. They both wake up in a motel they don't remember getting to. Covered in blood an ...more
Angie
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

***UPDATE 3/31/14*****
I wrote my original review first thing after reading the book. I feel like I should update this review because I could NOT stop thinking about this book all day and all night after I wrote my review. I could still "smell" the blood, I could still "feel" Micah's touch. I just couldn't stop feeling/thinking about this book. This very rarely happens to me. Yes, I have read lots of books and loved them and
Pam
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood Lust Rising is one of the best novels that I have read in a while. Fayth Devlin has created an amazing story of vampires, demons, lust, jealousy, sex, nail biting suspense, humor, and did I mention sex? I could not put this book down and I loved every minute of it. I want more of this story. It was excellent
Katherine McCarthy
My Thoughts

First off, I have to say this novel just flat out did it for me! From the very start, the chemistry between Ella and Micah jumps off the page. There is an intensity and completely impassioned feel to this novel. A great love story and a solid engaging plot, this is a novel that a Paranormal Romance fan will not want to miss out on.
________________________________________
About the story…
________________________________________
For 500 years, the Shadow Agency has been protecting humani
Sunny
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PNR fans
Recommended to Sunny by: Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
Ella Gray
Micah MacGregor

This is a revised review of Dark Cravings, formerly published as Blood Lust Rising. (1.13.14)

Having had the opportunity to revisit this story for this review, two things struck me:

1. This is an exciting ride. It's like being dropped into the middle of a class 5 white water rafting trip. It is fast with lots of twists and turns. Yet, unlike other books, I did not feel lost, but rather connected to the characters.

2. The new additions address my original critiques
Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
The first book of Fayth Devlin’s new Vampire Queen Trilogy „Blood Lust Rising” kicks of with a blast! This new Paranormal Romance book with a kick has everything you are looking for in your new read for on your TBR-List. Blood Lust Rising is hot, fast-paced, enticing, intense but also fun and full of vampire and demon action! From the very beginning Fayth pulls you in this fantastic world from the first chapter and doesn't let you down until the last.

Blood Lust Rising has a solid plot and good
Jeanny
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was suggested by Amazon & I downloaded the sample without noticing the price. Needless to say I enjoyed the Kindle sample & used the buy now option. I was 70% in prior to noticing the $8 I spent on an ebook from a "new to me author". UGH! I was not happy. *sigh Whatever, I blame my "buy now" trigger finger. Luckily, the story was a sufficiently complex one that managed to surprise me with unexpected twist. The pace was a quick one full of subterfuge, sex, violence, & angst. ...more
Jess
Overall, not bad. The plot was a bit stupid, but the characters were interesting to read about. The romance was super hot, but the idea of soul mates was pretty cheesy. The action and the plot twists were captivating, but I had problems with that ending involving Julian. There were ups and downs, but in the end, it's a book I would recommend to those wanting a steamy, relatively angst free NA/A PNR.
Angie Parish
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!This book was one of the raunchious books I have ever read and I loved it:). I could not put it down. This is a no holds barred say and do all book. Paranormal Erotica you are ky mew favorote genre. Keep them coming Madeline
Anna Marie
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book!
Iza
I know, everybody loved it, I only gave it 3 stars.

But it's not entirely because I'm not into pnr any more like I used to be - I like it, but I'm exploring other fields. My "pnr craze" days are behind me, I think. That book was absolutely scorching hot, I'll give you that. It's probably one of the hottest I read this year ! You might want saving reading the series for winter, it will be perfect !

However, the whole story was in two parts, in my opinion : first, they can't keep their hands off eac
Sherry Fundin
I read this book when it was Blood Lust Rising. I have reread the new and improved Dark Cravings and I must tell you, I could not put it down. That is, until the battery in my Kindle died.

~~~

Hot cover and very appropriate title.

Dark Cravings is Ella’s story. The detail and depth of Madeline Pryce’s descriptions is amazing. It is easy to visualize the battles, Ella and Micah’s attraction to each other, the characters that surround them and the world they inhabit.

Ella Gray – I am neither human nor
Katrina
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dark Cravings is an action packed, suspenseful thriller filled with lots of sexy moments, humour and romance and on the edge of your seat moments. Demons, Vampires, Werewolves and a world filled with the paranormal!!

I really enjoyed the action packed scenes in this book. Ella and Micah were a force to be reckoned with. Both hunters have secrets and a past that comes to face them. Jealously, lies and rivalry - Micah and Ella are thrown into a calling they never knew they had.

This Debut book is d
Lynn Worton
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read many vampire/demon romance novels over the years, but the author has a completely unique take on the subject and has written an intriguing story that kept me turning the pages into the small hours!

Ella Grey is a half breed vampire (still half human i.e. has a heartbeat). She is a hunter with the Shadow Agency, a sort of police force that hunts and kills demons. She is a fantastic character. She is feisty, loves a good fight and is secretly crushing on her partner.

Micah McGregor is th
Melissa Blue
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In total disclosure I received this book for free from the author, but you can bet your bottom dollar I will be buying the next installment. It's just that good.

Now what best encapsulates what this story is about is this:
"I, Ella Grey, Shadow Hunter, was now the thing I’d been raised to kill."

Fayth Devlin (2012-05-01T13:15:36+00:00). Blood Lust Rising (Kindle Location 133). Kindle Edition.

And that thing is vampires. The sassy, wise-cracking Ella is faced with not only her past but what her futu
Elise
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was humorous for a lot of reasons. Ella is a snarky, pain in the ass heroine who has been turned into a Living Vampire and then been abandoned by said sire Julian. Her uncle Roy is a supernatural hunter and takes Ella and her sister, Hannah, in, Ella becomes a hunter for the Shadow Agency. The Shadow Agency is keeping secrets and their secrets could be what brings the whole of the human race down. Micah is Ella hunter partner. Her hunter partner that she can't stand. They fight constan ...more
Tamye Whitener
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So far I am totally loving this book. I won it on the the fifth stop of the books blog tour. Madeline Price is doing a wonderful blog tour with interesting cocktails, excerpts from her books, and introductions to some of the characters. I put this to the front of my tbr pile because of the blog tour and it just sounded so good.

Finished. Boy that was a fast read. Awesome! This book totally blew me away. Ella Grey a half/vampire and Micah MacGregor her Shadow hunter partner are hit with a lust spe
Cozen
First, this book I found out was once published under the title Blood Lust Rising by Fayth Devlin but it was edited and expanded when picked up by Ellora's Cave Publishing.

Over all, I really loved this book. The ending was a bit off I do give that credence to its imperfection but the ride there was well worth it. From the first page, you meet a strong female lead and Micah is every bit hot and tempting on page.

This book has a permanent place in my top five all time hottest books made. It is ne
Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this story...sorry for the shouty caps but seriously...I LOVE it! I can't wait for the second book...hurry up second book!!!

It is impossible to not love this book...it has everything - bloody, gory action, betrayal, lust, love, vampires, demons, shifters, creepy abandoned hospitals, graveyards, hot unbridled sex, and a story that is just begging to be told. Fayth Devlin, you big cliff hanger tease master! Did I mention the crazy hot sex? phew...

A longer review will be posted as
Angela James
Enjoyed this paranormal romance. Though not a tremendous amount seems to happen in the book, it's just enough to keep both the pace moving quickly, and to make the story play a larger role than the sex. I thought the sex scenes were hot and the characters likable, world building not entirely developed so far, but what we've seen of it is interesting. I also appreciated that it doesn't appear the author is going to use a love triangle to drive false conflict, but makes it clear who the romantic i ...more
C.A. Szarek
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book honestly blew me away. The emotion, the story, the hotness, too. I am not that fond of the first person prospective in a book, yet it works so well here and Fayth is just so darn good at it. I was sucked in and could not put the dang thing down. I ate it up in a matter of hours. I need book #2 now! I can't WAIT to read it. :)
Tonya
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book and can't wait for the next one. I loved the characters and their attitudes. Found myself finding an endearing quality in all the men, even the bad ones. LOL This book has it all, humor, intrique, excitement, suspense, and steamy passion. Bravo Fayth!!!! Well Done...now hurry on with the second one ha ha!!!
Sandy
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It had some of my favorite things.....vampires, demons, shifters and vile villains. A totally kick ass snarky heroine complete with brimstone knives and a hot hard headed hero to spar with. There's action, uber hot sex, and touching emotional moments. Can I get a "What-what" for lion shifter Dante?
Laura Thomas
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed this story when it was titled Blood Lust Rising. Since then it has received a new title and cover art, the author has a new pen name, Madeline Pryce, and she’s added a whole bunch more to this story.

I mentioned in my review how the sex was so steamy it fogged up my Kindle! Well it did it again and yes, my Kindle survived round two! LOL

The characters are a bit older which makes it more appropriate as the sex is even steamier, more erotic. Don’t let that fool you though. There’s one he
Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp
Fayth Devlin’s Blood Lust Rising is an explosive debut novel. It is sizzling hot. You can almost feel the slide of skin against skin; the scrape of fangs in places better not mentioned….this book defines sensual, raw and gritty. Fayth takes you on a fantasy ride of vampires, demons and shape shifters, all in a modern-day, believable setting. The plot was original and out of this world. The fights scenes would have you cringing and glad that you are only reading the action, not involved in it. El ...more
Anna-marie Buchner
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing

“You’ve found the other half of your soul”

Dark Cravings Madeline Pryce

Madeline Pryce is an author I wasn’t familiar with. I started seeing a lot of buzz on FB about her Dark Cravings book. So I started asking a few questions. Got some very positive feedback so I decided to check her out and purchased the two books in this series. I’m glad I did. There is so much action and story in this read it’s really hard to put down. I found no happy stopping point so I read the entire read in one afternoon.
Chloe
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of paranormal and/or romance. Luckily, I am a fan of both and this book hits all of the right spots. I believe this is or will be turned into a series based off the information on the authors Goodreads page.
In the book we meet Ella Grey; a flawed, but strong heroine. She is a hybrid vampire of a sort, only half turned and stuck in limbo between her humanity and the supernatural. Not to mention, the girl is hilarious to boot. Her inner struggles
  • Being Mrs. Dracula
  • Crimson Dahlia (Svatura, #3)
  • The Royal Flush (Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, #3)
  • Vampire Secrets (Blood and Snow, #25) (Blood and Snow Season Two, #2)
  • Wicked Waves (Solsti Prophecy #2)
  • Dark Salvation (Immortalis, #5)
  • The Edge of Hope (Bad Blood, #1)
  • The Nightlife Series Omnibus (The Nightlife)
  • Cursed Ever After (Eternal Vampires)
  • Hell Hounds Are For Suckers (Vampires of San Francisco, #2)
  • Starved for Love (Lake City Stories, #1)
  • Dark Refuge (Spirit Wild #4)
  • Love's Prophecy (Prophecy, #1)
  • Blood Tied (The Warlock Brothers of Havenbridge, #2)
  • Blood Rush (Demimonde, #2)
  • Your Name, In Fire (Vampire Geek Cycle, #1)
  • Gabriel
  • Seduce (Succubus Kiss, #1)
Madeline Pryce wrote her first novel when she was ten, penned with neon-pink ink in a loose-leaf binder. Captivated by romantic literature, yet intrigued by the paranormal, she continues to develop her own voice, writing the kinds of stories that inspired her as a teen.

Dark (3 books)
  • Dark Innocence (Dark, #1.5)
  • Dark Secrets (Dark, #2)
“I knew I was in bad shape because, despite how my gut clenched with hunger, my fangs didn't lengthen. Erectile dysfunction. I had vampire ED, on top of everything else.” 4 likes
“Smart is totally sexy.” 3 likes