Start by marking “A Reason to Breathe (Reason, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Reason to Breathe (Reason, #1)

A Reason to Breathe

(Reason #1)

WARNING: Author believes in soul mates and insta-love, proceed with caution if you're not a romantic at heart.

Love at first sight was never so dangerous.

Jack Gunnison has a problem. Well, two, actually. One is 5'5", and the other? . . . A killer.

Jennifer Stewart needs a change after losing her husband and sending her daughter off to College. Jenn moves to the high countr
Published January 21st 2014

To ask other readers questions about A Reason to Breathe, please sign up.
Tori Yes, it will make much more since if you do.

Mo
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a nice surprise. I loved it. Was asked by Jess if I would review an ARC as the author wanted Goodreaders, who were not Bloggers, to review it. "Yes Please", I said. I very rarely review ARCs, Netgalley is not my best friend in the world but have reviewed a few.

I have seen a few negative reviews but for a first time author I think it was good. We sometimes have to suspend the disbelief a little bit when we read fiction ... don't you think?

You are definitely going to see references to thi
Baba
1 star. DNF at 57 %. Review posted January 23, 2014

photo 84946-Prince-WTF-WHAT-HUH-DAFUQ-gif-UgTQ_zps30f7cb0d.gif

It would be very welcome…
 photo Bildschirmfoto2014-01-23um130107_zps1664c439.png

I did something I don’t really like to do. I started reading A Reason to Breathe without having checked out a negative review. On the one hand, this book came highly recommended and on the other hand, there wasn’t a single negative review to be found on GR. I’m very sorry to say that A Reason to Breathe failed the baba-bing test big time. I won’t bore you with a synopsis. Just let me cut to the chase of the matter.

In a n
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

my casting for Jack ^^^

"A killer, men with guns, and a gorgeous Sherriff with a magic mouth… Welcome to Colorado."

As a huge fan of Alpha male romance, I'm always on the lookout for books in this category and this one hit the spot! It was bossy man meets smartass woman and it was FUN!!

The story followed Jennifer who was widowed at the age of 39 and left by herself when her daughter went off to college. Stuck with a house she couldn't afford filled with memories of her past, she decided to
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

1 star...

ATTENTION!!! Major spoiler Alert!!!

I gotta say ladies and gentlemen, in kinda proud of myself right now! I finished this.... Book?

Well... I don't even know where to start with this rant review...

Okay I wish....

Let's start again... Shall we?

Jennifer Stewart is starting her life over or starting to live her dream....
Her husband does and her daughter goes to college.
She moves to Colorado to live her dream...

Now 4 months later she's settled in and working as a journalist when murders s
J
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

It's live
AMAZON

description

"You scare me," she whispered. "Yeah? Well join the club, cause you sure as shit scare the fuck out of me."

When a second body turns up in Gunninson County, the last thing Sheriff Jack Gunninson needs is the Towns newest reporter, Jennifer Stewart nosing around and interfering with his investigation.

Jennifer Stewart lost her husband to a drunk driver 18months ago. With her only daughter off to college, she embarks on her life long dream of living in the mountains.

After 4
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
2--It Had Nothing to Do With KA--Stars!!

And by that I mean I didn't like this book KA references notwithstanding. I have nothing against KA, I just haven't read that many of her books so the comparisons were a moot point for me.

My biggest problem: Jennifer Stewart, the heroine.

I had trouble believing she was a 39 year old woman and not a 19 year old.

She annoyed me the whole damn book.

Jenn is newly widowed. She had her daughter Bailey young and she is now off to college so Jenn moves to Creste
Duchess Nicole
""I'm not sure I'm ready for any type of relationship, Jack."

"Babe, you may not be ready, but that's not going to stop me from changing your mind."

`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~
Boy, was this the IT book of the week on Goodreads. A couple of friends loved it and compared it to a Kristen Ashley read and I was totally sucked in. There's no way around the KA read-alike. It's basically fact.

I had likes and dislikes about the book and I'll try to give ample reasons for bo
Pam
Recommended to Pam by: Mo
*✫)
.•.•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•✶ (FREE for 5 DAYS.•*)
Free from: 3.7.2016 - 3.11.2016
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1B9OKaf

4 stars
“You scare me,” she whispered.

“Yeah? Well join the club, ‘cause you sure as shit scare the fuck out of me.”

The bossy Sheriff, Jack, has enough on his plate trying to find the killer of a home town girl, two girls already they have found, and it's not looking good since it's looking like a serial killer whose flaunting his kills. Sniffing around the crime scene, he finds Jenn, the
Jamie
Need MORE stars!

C.P. Smith has found a fan in me and I've found a new author to stalk! I've always been a fan of Romantic Suspense, although I don't read it near as much as I used to...but this story right here was EXACTLY why I love this genre... C.P. gave me everything I want in a Rom Suspense.... A possessive alpha, serious chemistry, crazy hot panty melting heat, a real creepy baddie.. and a real honest "who done it" mystery. So many times in a suspense, its fairly obvious who the bad guy
Vallsykes
Author Acknowledgment: "...To Kristen Ashley, whose books helped me through a tough time and inspired me to write..."
In other words..."Shhhh! I'm channeling Ms. Ashley."
description

You wanna have a fun-fluff read? Read this book.
You wanna healthy dose of caveman, bossy, "bent toward KA-like" alpha? Read this book.
Wanna spend half your time in the mind of a heroine who...
*is a widow?
*has a stalker?
*has a sudden wild hair at age 39 and decides to pursue her dream as a reporter AND move to a small town in
Jen
2.5 to 3 Underwhelming Stars

"Knew you were trouble the first day I laid eyes on you.”
“I knew you were bossy the minute you opened your mouth.” I responded.

Repeat those sentiments a couple of dozen times, throw in an underutilized serial killer plot and what I can only assume based on all of the men sporting wood in her presence is our heroine Jennifer Stewart’s divine beauty, and we’re left with A Reason to Breathe.

This book was all over my goodreads feed this past week and I’ll be the first
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
7/31/15
Kindle Freebie right now don't miss out!!!

4 Debut Stars!!

Wow! I’m seriously impressed that this was a first novel for C.P. Smith !!. Mrs. Smith clearly states that she is a KA fan & KA is the inspiration in her writing and that definitely comes through, and like KA she ended with a great epilogue!!

Jenn heads to the mountains of Colorado when it’s time to start over, she is a widow and her daughter has just gone away to college. Jack is a ba
Kathleen
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Story Rating ~ 5 Never a Boring Moment Stars!
Hero Rating ~ 5 HUGE Bossy Stars!
Heroine ~ 5 BIG Stubborn Stars!
Romance Rating ~ 5 Sexy Stars!
Humor ~ 5 LMAO Stars!
Heat Level ~ 3.75 Sizzling Stars!
Ending ~ 5 Fantastic Epilogue included Stars!
Overall Rating ~ 5 AMAZING Stars!

Right from the start this book hooked me in. I felt bad for the heroine Jennifer Stewart who had just recently lost her husband. I loved that she was going to finally move on and live her dreams of living in the Colorado Mountai
Debra
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
★★☆ 2.5 stars!

Unfortunately, this was not the book for me.

I wanted to like it. I wanted to love it even, but sadly that was not the case. Even though the overall concept of the story was a good one, there were just too many inconsistencies (insta-love, answering questions with a question, drama overload etc.) for me to be able to overlook and they kind of ruined the rest of the story for me.

Full review to come x

**Copy courtesy of the publisher in exchange for an honest review**

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
Jan 17, 2014 added it
Recommended to Lady Vigilante (Feifei) by: Mo
After seeing the multiple reviews stating that it's basically a KA lookalike, not even going to try it. I don't like that kind of writing style, plus with an excessive amount of babe-ing going on, that's a NO for me.
Jess
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 I LOVE THIS BOOK stars!

Hi my name is Jess, I'm 30, and I am addicted to A Reason to Breathe... no don't say anything, I know it's bad, I was up until 1am, I didn't feed my family and I can't remember if I showered or not. And I'm afraid that if anyone else says they loved this book more than me that I will lash out emotionally and say nasty things such as OMG! No you didn't! Your a liar! How could you!

Okay to the story or I will never get there... Jenn is a 39yr old mother who's daughter is n
Polly
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Yet another book that every one else loves and I just didn't.

I kind of felt like I was reading a KA rip off. Right down to nicknames used in the story.
Example: Baily calls her mom "mamacita". I had an immediate flash back to a KA book where Violet gets called that by Keira. It was just too coincidental.

Yes it was hot but damn their connection was rushed as hell. He admits to falling for her after 3 days!

Also he's jealous over every man who talks to her, but yet he's banged half the town and t
Harper Sloan
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE.THIS.BOOK! Mark my words: Author to watch! <3
Didi
Recommended to Didi by: Mo
~~~~~ 3.5 STARS ~~~~~

This book has been popping up everywhere. So you know because of that there are going to be many mixed reviews. Many of my friends loved this while others thought it was okay. Now, as I'd said before, the 5 star rating system doesn't give the reader enough breadth for a proper and realistic rating---in my opinion.
So I've decided to accompany my reviews with an out of 10 rating as well.

So this book is a 7/10.

Let me start by saying I really liked this book. It sucked me right
Amanda
When I found out that both the characters were near 40s, I'm looking forward to some mature romance. However, please don't let this fool you. Most of the time, I felt Jennifer acted like a nonsensical youngster.

Jennifer was a widow with a daughter who was off at college. She decided to move to Colorado to start a new life as a reporter. She was supposed to be writing about local festivities, but she ended up putting her nose into the investigation of the local serial killer who was targeting wom
Stacey is Sassy
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-suspense
Lived up to my expectations

I heard about this author on Goodreads and had a look at the description and decided that this could definitely be a book for me. It was great.

The main thing that I really liked was that the husband who died wasn't talked about in the negative but he also wasn't put on a pedestal. Jenn's happiness was not dependent on finding someone else to replace her husband, but she also was open to new relationships whether they be friendship or lover.

Loved her friendship with her
♥Sharon♥
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

photo 231c52a1-20e6-4e22-bf63-e5dcf6282ddf_zps2c2e85cd.jpg

I was a bit indecisive with my rating for this book. I was initially thinking a 2.5, then thought a bit more about the book and changed it to a 3 but I did enjoy the Epilogue so I bumped it up to a 3.5.

photo 2d39e395-dce1-4e70-8316-5906ec616052_zpsf8a9d4dd.jpg

Jennifer is a widow and her daughter Bailey is off at college. It was always her dream to live in the mountains of Colorado so she makes a decision to pack up and move to Crested Butte Colorado to start a new life working as a Entertainment reporter at Gunnison Times.

Jack is the sexy,
Lindsay
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews, a-s-a-p
This book was good...with a few issues for me. But before I get into that, I have to say that this is going to be a great book for all KA fans. You can definitely tell that the author is a KA fan. :)

This started out really good. I loved Jack and Jenn. There was a nice animosity set up going on between Jack and Jenn when they first met. I was looking forward to the chemistry and fighting that was to occur. But alas, it wasn't to be. Jenn received a visit from the resident creepy killer and rightl
S.M. West
4 SWEETNESS STARS

I really enjoyed this one; my first book from CP Smith. It was sweet, funny, cute and I'm sure I'm not the first to say, it was KA-esque. I mean this in the best way possible. If you love Kristen Ashley, you'll really enjoy this.

Jack is total Alpha hotness and Jenn is sassy, smart and sexy -- together, these guys are loads of fun. Of course, the secondary characters were also endearing and the story was filled with mystery, action, laughter. And definitely worth mentioning, th
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
I loved the stinking heck out this book! It had a bit of a KA vibe going on in it (I seem to be saying that a lot in reviews lately??).

I loved both the hero (Jack) and the heroine (Jenn) though why writers always have to make journalists to stupid to live is beyond me. "Oh look, there is a serial killer on the loose, I think I'll stick my nose into the investigation, thus making myself the focus of the killer!!" Do these people not watch TV, or movies?? *lol*

The mystery of who the baddie was wa
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
This is my Jack:

and it's live:

***************************************************
I know I only have to wait one more day... but I really want this book!!!!!

Shari Kay
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Whoa, this one was hard to get through. I almost DNF'd a half dozen times and that was after the 45% mark so I was well into it by then. At first it was just that some things didn't sit well with me. The heroine's inner thoughts and actions after the death of her husband of 19 years seriously rubbed me the wrong way. It bordered on distasteful IMO. The hero's attitude toward women in his past annoyed the shit out of me. Then the story devolves into utter ridiculousness, OTT drama and stupidity. ...more
3 Jumping Jehosaphat Stars!!!

(BR with Denisse)

photo image_zps3e598a7d.jpg

A Reason to Breathe is the story of a 39 year old widow, who picks up and moves to a small town in Colorado to start a new life.
Jennifer Stewart is the new "Event" reporter for Gunnison County.
Her husband of twenty years recently passed away, and her daughter has gone off to College.

I was looking forward to this one as I heard it being compared to the works of Kristen Ashley, who I haven't read anything from yet, but after reading this one, I plan t
Dee Montoya
**2.5 to 3 From Good to Terrible Stars***

When it comes to this book there is no grey area, people either really love it or really hate it, but there is no in between. Feeling intrigued by the blurb my friend Patty and I decided it be fun to read it together; at first we were surprised by how much we were enjoying it, all thanks to the delicious super Alpha hero, Jack, but in the end not even all his hotness could save this book and 70% in unfortunately, this story crashed and burned...

Carolina
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Carolina by: Mo
I just need to say this... SEXY, HOT, FUNNY, ROMANTIC, EXCITING, FABULOUS, MARVELLOUS BOOK!!! got it? ;D

***

In this book... I've met Jenn... (And I liked her a lot!!)

photo 73a41260-51e7-4d80-b02d-55255868b402_zpsea31f7d2.jpg

And I've met him... THE GUY... THE BOMB... THE ALPHA MALE... JACK!

photo woods2_zps121e9d8b.jpg

Who is the...

photo Gif-6-18-supernatural-21310423-500-273_zps1a1fafb4.gif

JAck... Jack... oh Jack...

photo Just-Let-Me-Hold-You-Reaction-Gif_zps1e97e1f3.gif

***

P.S. Thank you Mo for the rec dear! ;) xo
C.D.'s Canaries: Reason To Breathe BR 2/24/14 482 61 Feb 27, 2014 11:07AM
Goodreads Librari...: Author mix up 4 73 Dec 31, 2013 11:30AM
  • A is for Alpha Male (A is for Alpha Male #1)
  • The Science of Loving
  • Mugs of Love (Stories of Love #1)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • The Taming (Black Thunder, #1)
  • The Song Remains the Same (NOLA's Own #3)
  • The Truth About Numbnuts and Chubbs (NYC Confidential #1)
  • Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1)
  • The Fight for Us (Bristol Island, #1)
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
  • Overflow (Carpino, #1)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Never Ever (Perdition MC, #1)
  • At Peace (The 'Burg, #2)
  • A Girl by Any Other Name
  • Slim To None (Cedar Tree, #1)
  • Pole Dance (Dance, #1)
  • Captured in Croatia
CP Smith writes humorous, ooey-gooey romantic suspense with OTT alphas, insta-love, and LOTS of dead bodies! She believes books should be about escape rather than reality. Ms. Smith writes what she likes to read and leaves the rest to those with better imaginations. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband and five children. You can follow her on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cpsmith74135

Reason (3 books)
  • A Reason to Kill (Reason, #2)
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
“Jesus, what are you doing to me?” He whispered. “Nothing,” I gasped, when his tongue circled my ear. “Baby, if that’s nothing, you’re gonna kill me when it means something.” 39 likes
“You scare me," she whispered. "Yeah? Well join the club, cause you sure as shit scare the fuck out of me.” 11 likes