Start by marking “Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1)

Fighting Destiny

(The Fae Chronicles #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  22,590 ratings  ·  2,059 reviews
Have you ever heard of the old Celtic legends of the Fae - beautiful, magical, deadly and a love of messing with humans just for kicks and giggles?
Welcome to my world.
What started out as a strange assignment, leads to one of the most gruesome murder mysteries of our times and my friends and I are set and determined to find out who is killing off Fae and Witches alike.
Co
Published June 1st 2013 by Amelia Hutchins

To ask other readers questions about Fighting Destiny, please sign up.
Jenny Troester I'm only a few chapters in and it's very steamy. Not for YA. I'm enjoying it very much, but I may need a cold shower.

·  22,590 ratings  ·  2,059 reviews

Erin
Jul 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot even begin to fathom how this book has gotten such a high rating. The main character is annoying and constantly makes terrible decisions that end with her being "owned" and then complains for a while, but apparently actually enjoys it deep down because not having free will and being forced into situations where a hot guy could rape you if he felt like it, but chooses not to (making him honorable apparently) is extremely hot and romantic. Also, it's apparently completely okay to trick a ...more
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Smashwords

5 Scorching Hot Stars!

Fighting Destiny by Amy Hutchins is the first book in The Fae Chronicles

What an absolutely fun and exciting introduction to a series

The first book packs a serious punch, we're introduced to Syn, as she and her coven take on a veChronicles
Whatrel="nofollow">Smashwords
Pouting Always
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Maybe it's the cover but I honestly wasn't expecting this to be very good but it was free so I downloaded it on my kindle to read anyways. The story line kept me engaged the whole time though and the pacing was really good. It's excellent for what it is which is a fantasy/erotica novel and the only thing I found wanting was the writing but again even though it was slightly juvenile it works because it's not really a literature book it works fine in its genre. Definitely want to read the next one ...more
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥

Otherwordly hot, panties-dropping, sheets-on-fire Sex ✓
Actual plot, sex aside ✓

THIS BOOK....

description

A new paranormal romance series that thank God, proved to be so much more!

5 Brilliant Scorching Stars

Kickass Heroine ✓
Badass Hero ✓
Non-stop Action ✓
Otherwordly hot, panties-dropping, sheets-on-fire Sex ✓
Actual plot, sex aside ✓

THIS BOOK....

description

A new paranormal romance series that thank God, proved to be so much more!

description

We are living in a new reality where supernatural creatures made their existence known to mankind. Now it's a different world where vampires bump freely into the night, the Guild of Witches keep people safe and Fae rule them all with an iron hand. Dangerous, lethal and seductive they are a dream and a nightmare at the same time and they know how to keep their secrets...

description

In this world, Synthia is a member of the Guild, an orphan that everyone she gets close to, dies. A badass witch with a grudge against all Fae and determined to see them fall.

description

Ryder the Dark Prince of the Fae has his own agenda and he is lethal as he is seductive. A man of many secrets, primal and dangerous.

She should run but I'd catch her. I always catch my prey. I take because I can, because no one else can stop me. I am what she fears. I can smell it coming off her in succulent waves and it drives my inner beast insane

description

Together, they are investigating a string of murders that will rock their worlds, will unbury secrets and unravel mysteries and ultimately will bring them together and threaten to disturb the precarious balance between their realms. An attraction that they can't deny.

She may hate me when it is over - I'll face that when we get there. Until then, I plan to make her mine in body and soul.

description

Getting each other out of their systems leads surprisingly to more. But they aren't ready yet to just give in and reveal their truths.

-I'll be strong for you Syn... If you need it. You don't always have to be the strong one. I'll be your glue if you want to crumble. I'll hold you together.
-And what if you're what's making me crumble, Ryder?

description

Excellent worldbuilding, multi-layered, complex characters, intrigue, mystery, sex, heartbreak this book has it all. And I mean ALL!!! Addictive, emotional and.......... f*cking PERFECT! And then there are the last chapters and revelations and pain and that ending!!

description

It is not every day that you read a paranormal romance and you feel that you can relate to the characters and the situations. It helps that this is a series so we get a lot of insight in the heroes and we watch them struggle and grow. Nothing is really resolved so you are left craving for more and trying to put off the fire in your bedroom.

Can't wait for more and what are you doing and you haven't read these books???

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ppl who liked Sookie Stackhouse or similar series, with witches, vamps, fairies, shifters, etc.
2/7/14 CURRENTLY .99 ON AMAZON!! WOOT WOOT!

Ok, so this book is about a fairy

photo tumblr_mw2c8wnMDR1qhi8ngo1_500_zpsb1d1c681.gif

and a witch.

2/7/14 CURRENTLY .99 ON AMAZON!! WOOT WOOT!

Ok, so this book is about a fairy

photo tumblr_mw2c8wnMDR1qhi8ngo1_500_zpsb1d1c681.gif

and a witch.

photo 807181_zps8ba02b83.gif

No, no, no. Not that type of fairy and witch....More like

this: (Fae: Ryder aka The Dark Prince)

and

this: (Witch: Synthia)
 photo tumblr_m86z4jWJnA1rbeveto3_500_zps0e6aaa12.gif

Synthia hates the Fae because they killed her family. She winds up getting screwed and has to work for the Dark Prince of the Fae thanks to the Guild. They do meet under some odd circumstances.

photo god-you-are-hot-fyeah-katerina-and-damon_zps6088338e.gif

They team together to determine who is after the Light Heir, Arianna. Unfortunately for Synthia, every time she is around Ryder she gets his Fae juju and wants him to do her. Fae have the ability to make you want them so badly you beg to be fucked.

photo tumblr_my9pdtRDCx1qg6xfco4_250_zps5b5dde07.gif

But she hates the Fae and is disgusted with herself for wanting him and pissed at him for making her want to jump his bones.

photo tumblr_mjqy6oxnrU1rel180o3_500_zpsdcdc151e.gif

She has been alone since her love, Adrian, died though and she needs to get laid.

photo tumblr_m4tosl1Crf1rqrk6x_zpsff8b2ccd.gif

It seems like she goes stupid every time she's around him though and tells him something about her powers and more and more about her coven and the Guild she works for.

photo emotionally-slutty_zpsecd52705.gif

She's determined she won't have sex with him

photo tumblr_mx6kxn1i9o1s7gykyo1_500_zps6534500d.gif

and its almost a love/hate relationship between the two of them...

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-2724-1380725931-22_zps9225d1d9.gif

but then she screws up and signs a contract basically saying she is his for her own protection against other Fae.

Over time we find out a few things we didn't know about Synthia

And then finally.....

photo tumblr_m2kcu8QzmR1qi69xqo1_500_zps1e26c9e9.gif

sex photo tumblr_mvyokuTwyB1t05hv1o1_500_zps325e3c3c.gif

hallelujer photo tumblr_mdsklhillJ1ruuum2_zps5e2843e4.gif

But then all of a sudden we get our cliffy ending!!! Were they both set up? Who did that? What just happened?

trap photo EmmaStoneitsatrap_zps3ac75e2f.gif

Onward I go to book 2!

All in all I really enjoyed this storyline. I did wind up skimming through a few parts just because I got a little annoyed with how much this bitch moaned....

photo a1rdol_zps4fd3d93f.gif

I mean she moaned,

photo tumblr_m2sdlizLI21rq6b6zo2_250_zps4323a000.gif

and moaned,

photo tumblr_mn6j0sKQDO1qcfk1to1_250_zps6cabfcac.gif

and moaned.

o photo tumblr_mlvmf3WyNt1s6mqp1o3_500_zpsf979d719.gif

ALSO Never, ever EVER refer to a penis as an engorged mushroom cap or bulbous head. And please refrain from any and all womb clenching. It grosses me out. K. Thanks!

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
First re-read: 20.10.14
Second re-read: 23.04.15
Third re-read: 13.11.2016
Ummm....I think I need to let go of Ryder, or I'll never, ever, get a man. Seriously. He holds my heart so fucking close that I ... I don't know what to do. Man, I love Ryder to fucking much. Cyn's great, of course, but Ryder...damn, he's my fucking fantasy.
“Never challenge me, I promise that you will lose. Every. Fucking. Time.”

Quick basic facts:
Genre: - (Adult) Paranormal Romance
Series: - Series, Book One
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (vspoiler)]

Romance
:facts:
:23.04.15
Third20.10.14
Second
Sammy Loves Books
WOW!! I am in Love with Ryder!!
He gets 4.5 "Dirtiest Talker EVER" stars

Ryder was not the kind of man you walked away from. You crawled on hands and knees, trying to remember who you had been before his touch corrupted you.

Ryder, The Fae Dark Prince
Ryder

So Ladies, I have read a LOT of mixed reviews on this book. Apparently it's a love it or hate it kinda series. If you like your men wstars
Ryder
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
This started off SO strong and I was enthralled.

But then you throw in some minor plot holes, some major characterization inconsistencies, some personality vs. action issues, and some semi-flawed world-building and we are left with a bit of a convoluted...mess, honestly.

Regardless, I really did enjoy it and I am intrigued by the questions we are left with at the end of book one. I want to know...WHO exactly is Ryder, WHY exactly is Syn so important, and WHAT exactly is their destiny?

*Side Note: This has been sitting on my kindl
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 The asses you hate to love Stars.

photo 9735314_zpsrxz5qep8.gif

Spoilers

Fighting Destiny is the First book in The Fae Chronicles Series. Witches and Fae are being killed left and right. It's Synthia's job as a witch in the Guild, to enforcing laws that protect humankind from the rest of the Otherworld creatures. Syn is the best at what she does, but she is a rebel with a dark past. Syn doesn't play well with others, and
Jamie
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
11/15/15 RE-READ!! I loved this just as much the second time around!!! So so sooooo good. Going to read the next three again now then then start the new spin off with The Elite Guards! Yay me!!!.

DOING RE-READ OF ONE OF MY FAVS!!!

WOW!! This book was such a ride!!

And I loved every freaking minute of it!!!

We get a sexy as all f'king hell Fae that is as over the top alpha as you can get..and gets whatever the hell he wants..

DOING RE-READ OF ONE OF MY FAVS!!!

WOW!! This book was such a ride!!

And I loved every freaking minute of it!!!

A kickass Witch... that may be more than just a witch

Sexual chemistry that just sizzles off the pages...

all of this surrounded by an intricate plot with a few other worldy creatures including some real evil baddies ...

And you've got one amazing book! The details! The characters! The story! It was just crazy good. I couldn't put it down... totally amazing! And the way this book ended.... holy shizballs! I'm just glad I found out about this series when the first 3 are already out.. yay Me!!!!

Now on to book 2!

Liz
"It's not just saying you love someone—it’s showing them with every fucking breath you take, every look. It just is, simple as that."
description

Fighting Destiny is the first book in The Fae Chronicles Series. A seductive blend of passion, action, and romance set in a picturesque fantastical world makes Fighting Destiny an explosive start to this paranormal series.

description
"That kind of love doesn't die. It withers the soul without the other to keep it alive. Eventually, it turns you bitter and cynical.”
In a world where witches and faes exist, the balance between life and death is in a constant battle. Synthia, a witch in the guild, is given an extraordinary assignment in which she is teamed up with one of her enemies Ryder (who happens to be the Dark Prince of the Fae). As Ryder and Synthia begin to bond, everything that Syn has ever been led to believe is put into question. As doubts continue to overtake her, Ryder is there to seduce her and give her affection and security like she has never felt before. But as tensions continue to rise between the witches and the fae, Syn and Ryder have much to overcome in order to find their way together.
“I can feel the draw, her body calling to mine as animals do in heat. I'd fuck her like an animal; raw, hot, and fucking hard.”
Fighting Destiny is an absolute must for PRN fans! The sexual tension between Ryder and Syn is simply off the charts. The intricate world is full of intrigue and unique spiritual forces coming in from all directions. I am not going to lie there is ALOT going on in this world. The plot is complex and the characters have intense relationships. When you add in the magic, you will not be able to take your eyes away. There were certain moments during the read that I had an unbelievable desire to smack both Syn and Ryder but by the end, I was surprisingly entranced by this magical world and Ryder and Syn certainly had me coming back for more. Syn is definitely the standout character in this read for me. Her spunky "take no prisoners attitude" made her one of the strongest heroines I have ever met and Ryder is certainly her perfect match.

description

Overall, I highly recommend Fighting Destiny to any and all PRN fans. Just be forewarned, this one ends in a major cliffy. Before starting this series, I highly recommend you download every single book in the series because once you start this journey, you will not want to stop. You will want your Kindle stocked and ready to go!

***The Fae Chronicles***
Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1) by Amelia HutchinsTaunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2) by Amelia HutchinsEscaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3) by Amelia HutchinsSeducing Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #4) by Amelia HutchinsUnraveling Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #5) by Amelia Hutchins

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:
Kat Valentine
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Oh shit,” I whispered, covering my mouth with my hand. The hooded male turned his head as if he’d heard me, and looked right at me—with beautiful, glowing, golden eyes. Well hell! What a way to end this read!!! I have heard about this series ,so I decided to get this book and give it a try.I was hooked first by the cover!! Such a sexy beautiful cover!! This was a awesome read I loved the whole dark fae prince vibe and Ryder is that and so much more,he is a dirty talking dipped in sex Beastie an ...more
Patrycja
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

description

4.5 sexy, kinky and fairy stars!

Fighting Destiny, totally wasn't what I expected it to be and this misunderstanding made me quickly fell in love with deliciously dark plot and kinky, alpha male Fae. Yep, you got that right, Ryder is dominant, sexy, perverted beast, that is a Fae . And not that kind of with wings and pink glitter. He's the Dark Prince, that likes to own pretty little things and feeds of sex. Weird, huh? I always pictured Fae as little fairies with odd ears and wearing thights
Marina
What do you get if you put together the Black Dagger Brotherhood and the Fever series?

Exactly.

I have to admit, it was highly satisfying.

It may be because there is enough sexual energy to blow up a building.

Or maybe because Ryder and Syn go from:

To:

And of course
Sophia Triad
I was a bit disappointed with this book. I don't know....I though it would be more magical, enchanting, dreamy or something like that.
Maybe it is because I have read and reread so many amazing Fae books the previous week like:
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
Faefever (Fever, #3)
Lionheart (Moonshadow, #3)

Naturally I thought it would be something similar and equally impressive
Carolyn F.
Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins.

My review of this book is me making comments while I'm reading the book. A lot of them are spoiler-ish so I'll spoiler-protect them. Stupid quips: Prince "Who do you work for?" She quipped sarcastically, "Your mother, she wants you to clean your bedroom." All this while she's chained to a wall waiting to die. Okay, my 7 year old neighbor could come up with more sarcasm than that. I don't know how the author's beta readers didn't mention how lame that phrase
Duchess Nicole
I loved, I loved, I loved this book! Going by how much I loved it, I want to give it five stars but holy horrific grammar, batman! It was honestly one of the most poorly edited books I've come across since the self publishing boom. The ratings are still outstanding, so readers must be overlooking it to a certain extent, but I imagine the over all feel from readers is;

"WHYYYYYYY...did you publish this without getting it edited?!?!?!?!? Why why why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Every time I'd come across a plural no
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)

I'm so glad i stumbled upon this little jewel.
I love reading about fay's, especially when they are so deliciously bad.

So what to tell about Syn and Ryder.... They have this love(lust)/hate relationship, that kind of reminded me of the relationship of Raphael and Elena's from Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh. They should hate each other, but they just wanna boomshakalaka voom....

It's like...

I'm so glad i stumbled upon this little jewel.
I love reading about fay's, especially when they are so deliciously bad.

It's like...

and then...

and then we go back to....

so do i have to tell that the chemistry was sizzling...YES I DO!!!!
I almost forgot there is also a killer in the picture

but seriously now, it's a great story, it contains mystery, murder, passion and fantasy....
Happy reading!

Snow
listen up cause I shall say this only once!

this goes to my best of the best shelf and it deserves 6 phenomenal-awesome-and-overwhelmed stars

I haven't slept it's early in the morning like 4 am...and I am speechless and stunned

ha, I will post more...later...need to get a hold of myself!

and my thoughts, finally!

I need to clarify that I usually Do NOT read paranormal, NOT because I don't like the genre BUT because I get confused easily with the vivid description in the book when it colides with the vivid imagination in my head while trying tofinally!
Imyself!
and
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

Syn's a witch who works for The Guild in protecting humans. She has a bad history with the Fae so naturally when she's assigned to protect one of them, she isn't happy. Not only that but she's working closely with the Dark Prince who just pushes all her buttons!

I love books about witches and Fae and this one is no exception. AH has carved out her own little niche in this genre and it's almost like she's taken the best parts and incorporated them in her own story.

I really like Syn. She's always trying
Brandi
Feb 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
3.5 stars...

There was A LOT going on in this book. Most of time I was confused...It was repetitive and the flow was off at times. That said, after about the half way mark, it did start to hold my attention. After that ending, color me intrigued, I will be reading the next book.

Jennifer Kyle
A HOT paranormal series that I would recommend!

The main character Synthia is kick ass as for the cast of characters introduced...

Who is good?
Who is evil? and
Who is just flat out yummy!

description

I jumped directly into book 2 and wow it did not disappoint.

Fans of fast paced, exciting and drool worthy paranormal characters should definitely give this series a go.

Didi
Jan 16, 2014 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
DNF @ 22% with no star rating.

Dammit!

I love the Fae and I think had I not read the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, I probably would have continued with this. Liked it even. But I didn't. Seriously, the Fever series is BENCHMARK. Stories should start out subtlety and not cram so much within a few pages. Build up is good.
As it stands, the heroine got on my nerves early on. She did and said things in direct opposition to how she was described. I also figured out th
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I LOVVVVVVE THIS BOOK! Actually love is to light of a word! I more than love it! I FLOVE the crap out of it! God! I can't stop to think! I can't even process anything! I have to start book two now! I'm already suffering SEVERE withdrawal and it's only been 20 min since I finish!

Spuffed
Yeah, I don't want to dis an author in any review and try to avoid making it personal but really, this author just has no concept of the bigger picture. At least it seems that way to me. This book seemed to be written off an outline of bullet points and personal fantasy moments that were compiled together into a story. While I'm sure there's a plot in there somewhere (as I DNF'd it at 62%) and I wasn't terribly put off by the main dude being noting better than a rapist, I couldn't get past the c ...more
Aisling Zena
Free for a LIMITED time on Amazon. 20/2/17

Zakirrah BookBlogger
4.5 Hot, Ryder-Loving, Fast-Paced, Fantastic Stars!!

Have you ever heard of the old Celtic legends of the Fae - beautiful, magical, and deadly creatures that have a love of messing with humans just for kicks and giggles?

Synthia (Syn) is a witch and she hates the Fae due to witnessing her parent be being killed by them..does that make them all evil?
Can she judge them based on what a couple of them did to her parents?

"It was whyparents?
"Itclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Have
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
Review for books 1-4 of the series.

I just had a complete book binge and barely put this series down to sleep. I loved the characters even though Ryder was a tough sell. Definitely have to try and see from his pov and his world to accept his assholishness. These books were not stop action and heat. When I opened book one after the first couple of paragraphs I didn't think it would be for me because I don't really like the whole law against the paranormal stories. I realize a lot of pe
Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing)
Readers Unbound: Fighting Destiny 14 21 Apr 19, 2019 06:27PM
book series recommendations 2 27 Jun 10, 2018 09:54AM
Paranormal Romanc...: Fae Chronicles - Amelia Hutchins 1 36 Jan 18, 2016 12:50PM
What defines the YA genre? 6 85 Feb 15, 2015 05:53PM

• King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • Here Be Sexist Vampires (Deep In Your Veins, #1)
  • The Dark Prince (Dark Light, #2)
  • Beast (A Faery Story, #2)
  • The Triple Goddess (Afterlife Saga #3)
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)
  • Zoey Rogue (Incubatti, #1)
  • Breathing Fire (Heretic Daughters #1)
  • Ties That Bind (The Bellum Sisters, #3)
  • Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
  • The Soul Mate (The Holy Trinity, #1)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Cruel Enchantment (Dark Magick, #2)
  • Vampire Elite (Vampire Elite, #1)
  • Bloodright (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy,   #2)
  • King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
Amelia lives in the great Pacific Northwest with her family. When not writing, she loves everything paranormal and everything romance.
Reading order for those who are following the story-line and want the full experience.

Fighting Destiny - Ryder and Synthia's story-line
Taunting Destiny
Escaping Destiny
Seducing Destiny

A Demon’s Dark Embrace - Ristan and Olivia ...more

The Fae Chronicles (6 books)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)
  • Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)
  • Seducing Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #4)
  • Unraveling Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #5)
  • Embracing Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #6)
“You stole my car."

"Borrowed it I did, return it I will."

"Okay Yoda, can I have the woman whose body you stole back?”
124 likes
“I’ll be strong for you Syn, if you need it. You don’t always have to be the strong one, I’ll be
your glue if you want to crumble, I’ll hold you together,”.”
100 likes