Start by marking “Savage Summer (Curt Savage Mysteries #1)” as Want to Read:
Savage Summer (Curt Savage Mysteries #1)

Savage Summer

(Curt Savage Mysteries #1)

“When life gives you lemons … be sure to spit the pits out of that lemonade you’re making. Otherwise you’ll choke.” – Curt Savage

The past year has not been a good one for Curt Savage. Depressed over the death of a loved one, he’s gone into hiding, becoming entirely too comfortable with saying that he’s in the Witness Protection Program. But the urge to find that elusive
Published January 30th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Savage Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Summer

Start your review of Savage Summer (Curt Savage Mysteries #1)
Christie
Gwen Stevens
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Curt Savage is in a bad place. The murder of his fiancée has left him wanting to crawl in a dark hole and hide—and he’s done exactly that for the past year. But now it’s time to come out of hiding … all so he can track down that killer and make him pay for taking the love of his life away.

That’s the premise of this exciting thriller. Curt Savage makes the perfect reluctant hero who’s drawn into quite the cabal by being thrown in the deep end of the pool … make that ocean! First his neighbor,
N.D.
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
First, I don't think the description of this book adequately captures what makes this a novel worth reading. For me, the horrific murder of Curt's fiancee, Ruthie, and his search for the truth surrounding her death and maybe a secret life, is what kept me reading. There were other interesting cases Curt investigated, but the emotional bang was who killed Ruthie and the mysterious person calling Curt about Ruthie's murder. I wanted to know more about that plot, which was left unresolved by book's ...more
Julianne Redmon
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I can honestly say I haven't read such a great cast of characters in quite a while.

Former police officer Curt Savage is still reeling over the death of his fiancee when anonymous phone calls help him down the path to discovering her killer. Along the way he finds out information about "his Ruthie" that have him questioning who she really was and who to believe.

All of this takes places while he has gotten a side job for his odd neighbor, Marge and her dog Mooch. Between Mike (Curt's workout
D.E.
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Savage Summer is a quick and fun read. I loved the merry band of characters in this novel. Curt Savage, although sarcastic at most times, is witty and great fun. Knowing the male voice had been written by a female author, I didn’t always believe his thought process was truly ‘male’. But then again, men write female characters and get away with it all the time – why not the other way around? The best friend Mike and the crazy neighbor (and her dog) were great fun as well.

The ending of this book
Dola Singh
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
avage Summer is a fast paced mystery/thriller, so interesting that I finished it in a single sitting.

The author has created great characters. I liked that there are only a few characters in this book and that each one has been developed really well. There isn’t a single character that I didn’t identify with at some point or other.

All good thrillers guarantee fast-paced, nerve-racking moments and this is no exception. Add to it Curt Savages satiric sense of humor and you have a perfect summer
Dawn
Sep 01, 2014 rated it liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review.

When this story begins, Curt Savage is in a bad place. The love of his life was murdered over a year ago and he’s stopped living since then. Not only did he lose Ruth, his fiancee, but his fellow officers investigated him for the murder, so it was a double whammy and too much for him to handle. He finally comes out of hiding, and with the help of his best friend Mike, tries to find the person who killed Ruth.

The characters in Savage
Melissa
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was not the normal type of books I normally read, but the description caught my eye. I knew I had to read it. There was mysteries that I had to know.

How do you go on after losing the one you are to marry? Everything Curt does reminds him of Ruth. Curt was investigated for Ruth's murder by his fellow police co-workers. His best friend, Mike, is a lesbian private investigator. She is a woot!! She is definitely colorful.

Cliffhanger at the end of book was something else. I can not wait
Denise
Apr 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
I was very confused by this story. I thought it was a story of Curt looking for who killed his fiance. I guess that will be the continuing theme, but the story was an introduction to his cast of characters. These include all the PCness you can imagine. From lesbian friend to old lady neighbor, and even a dog. The story centers around an apparent peeping tom in Curt's neighborhood. For some reason, no one just calls the cops and has the guy arrested for hanging out in the bushes, they all stalk ...more
sue
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours
If I hadn't been reading this because it was brought to my attention I would have missed a very good book, written by a very good up and coming author Ruth Bainbridge whose style of writing I really did enjoy reading.

I loved the quirkiness in this book the retorts, thoughts and funny inuendoes at times. I was wondering if I was reading a thriller sometimes as I did get to giggle in places due to the thoughts of Curt. He was an amusing character, but dedicated in what he needed and wanted to do.

Kent
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Savage Summer is a murder mystery that is well written, fun characters and full of humour. However there is no proper conclusion to this book. It is fact half a book, none of the three stories reaches any sort of conclusion. I understand that a thread need to run through to the remaining books in the series but the ending is totally non-existent, at least one conclusion would allow this to exist as a stand alone novel. As it is I have now read half a story.
Sherri Malia
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of love & loss. The distance between Curt & Ruth didn’t seem to be an issue, until she was murdered. And to top it off he was investigated for it. Curt seems to have such a big heart that I hated seeing him go through the grief. It was great that there was a bit of humor thrown in here and there. And might I add that I just loved Mooch. And then to end in a Cliffhanger…I am so ready for Savage Fall (Book 2)
Donna Fitzpatrick
I loved this book! The easy camaraderie between the cast of very likable characters is great. I especially like the friendship between Curt and Mike. This is #1 in a series of 4, and I read through this one so fast and enjoyed it so much that Im already halfway through #2. Soooo happy I have recently discovered this author.
Susanne J Claar
Jun 04, 2016
Vicki Murphy
rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2015
Making Connections: 1949. - SAVAGE SUMMER by Ruth Bainbridge 5 15 Jan 01, 2014 06:10AM

Curt Savage Mysteries (4 books)
  • Savage Fall (Curt Savage Mysteries #2)
  • Savage Winter (Curt Savage Mysteries #3)
  • Savage Spring (Curt Savage Mysteries#4)