Start by marking “Destroyed” as Want to Read:
Destroyed

Destroyed

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  10,390 Ratings  ·  1,363 Reviews
She has a secret.

I thought my life couldn’t get any more tangled in deceit and confusion. But I hadn’t met him. I hadn't realized how far I could fall or what I'd do to get free.

He has a secret.

Nook, 408 pages
Published March 7th 2014 (first published March 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Destroyed, please sign up.

Sara No, this is one book and not part of a series
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsTears of Tess by Pepper WintersConsequences by Aleatha RomigEpilogue by C.J. Roberts
Best Dark Books Ever
778 books — 1,242 voters
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassRaw by Belle Aurora
Best Books of 2014
3,193 books — 5,764 voters

More lists with this book...

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
LIVE on Amazon now!
5 Utterly Destroyed Stars

His presence made me forget everything but him. He took over my world. He was an eclipse.

Oh. Wow. I don't remember the last time I have felt so utterly enraptured by a story. This book ruined me. It destroyed me. I spent the last 25% of it ugly crying all over my damn kindle, and I'm not even ashamed to admit it. If this is what Pepper Winters calls a "Gray Romance", I need to one-click all her Dark stuff because...DAMN.

Looking at that book blurb,
Christy
5 Destroyed stars!!!  photo b9ace00c-6e8c-4287-af6e-7b122953a934_zps9a029a34.jpg

For those of you who love a good dark romance with a damaged hero like me, this is the book for you. Destroyed was a story about secrets, acceptance, violence, danger, and salvation. The main characters were complicated, they both had issues and secrets. It was a little lengthy, but I enjoyed it!

Roan ‘Obsidian Fox’

photo 228e9a60-3fae-4ac9-ba55-eba191057ffd_zpsc3d1c8f0.jpg
He has a secret.

I’ve never pretended to be good or deserving. I chase who I want, do what I want, act how I want.

I didn’t have time to lust after a woman I had
Deeksha
Mar 12, 2014 Deeksha rated it did not like it
1 Star

What in the hell is this shit?!?!?

At about 9%

"Who the f**k are you and why am I drawn to you"

description

How in the world is she supposed to know why YOU are drawn to her ????
This is just ONE example . There are just so many ridiculous dialogues . And it doesn't end . The same dialogues and conversations are repeated over and over and OVER .

description

I have never seen such a mentally redundant hero . He is damaged , more damaged than others I have read about , but that should mean he is emotionally inept
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
0 freaking stars

Unfiltered review here... https://prettymessreading.wordpress.c...

I don't know if I can really express my views on this book because I don't want someone to report my post. I'm going to keep it PG on Goodreads.

I hated this book with everything in my soul. It is not a love story. It's a story on how to justify domestic violence and rape. It's not dark romance, it's just dark.

This book truly lived up to it's name because I was destroyed after reading this. This book made me cry. I
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Mar 09, 2014 Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ by: Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Shelves: best-of-2014
5+++ Torturously Dark Yet Beautiful Stars!

how to make animated gif

Wow! If you're a fan of dark, tortured, imperfect love stories then this book is for you! One word to describe it... Heart wrenching. Author calls this "gray." Well, I call it fantastically DARK. She will be an auto-buy for me in the future. The writing style is lyrical in prose. I highlighted examples below. But I digress...

This book gutted me. Absolutely down and dirty ugly crying. And I loved it. Does that make me weird?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I'm not going to delve too de
~ Becs ~
 photo destroyedquotey_zps348acf97.jpg

I didn’t believe her when she said she was complicated.

She didn’t believe me when I said I had secrets.

I didn’t understand the truth, even when she let me glimpse behind her mask.

She didn’t understand that I couldn’t live with the consequences.

I thought she was a saint.

She thought I was a sinner.

Too bad we didn’t try to find the truth.

We both paid the price.

We destroyed each other.

Well, I don’t think it’s any secret that I am a huge fan of Pepper Winters and I completely devoured the Monsters in
Kristen
2 1/2 to 3 Stars

I really wanted to like this book but I had a very difficult time connecting with the prose, the plot, and the characters. I can understand why many loved this story–it's a very intense read–but, for whatever reason, it just didn't capture my full attention. Happens.
Mo
Mar 14, 2014 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The night belonged to my past.
The day belonged to my future.

Most of my friends loved this book. 4 and 5 stars all round. I found it a bit boring and repetitive. I struggled to finish it. This is being touted as a “Dark” read. I don’t usually read dark but colour me pink if this is dark! It’s not all butterflies and fairies but I did not find it that dark.

Those of you who have read and loved it are probably thinking "How could she not be moved by that?" Usually I am a sucker for a tearjerker b
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Apr 01, 2015 Hulya Kara Yuksel rated it it was amazing
Pepper Winters my beautiful dark queen. I just love you. I love your wicked mind and your amazing soul. Once again you show me love can heal all bad wounds.. So thank you very much for this unique and precious story...
You made me cried like a river... :(
--------------

“Her touch shattered me. Her touch awoke me. Her touch destroyed me.”

Aleatha Romig
I think that Pepper Winters is incredibly talented, and I'll read whatever she writes.

Destroyed is different than her Monsters in the Dark series...and that is all right. I love following wherever her twisted mind goes.

The story of Zel and Fox is intriguing and raw. It's brutal at times and heart wrenching at other times. It takes you on a difficult ride with two very strong individuals who know that they are meant to be together. However, not everything that is meant to be can be. Sometimes t
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
DNF at 36%!!

I'm definitely in the minority here. A lot of GR friends loved this. (You can check out
Lkay ❇✾The one-click buy button addict❇✾'s
and
Allison ⛄Is So Done With Winter⛄'s
reviews for this book.) But sad to say, I couldn't even finish it.

So instead of getting ragey and ranty in my reviews, I tried to channel my less-than-charitable-feelings into something positive. Hence, the things I learned about myself while reading Destroyed.

> (view spoiler)
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***4.25 To Love and Obey Stars***

Wow! This was quite the intense read. If I wasn't a fan of Pepper Winters before, which I was, this sure did cement my feelings.

Pepper Winters is able to write such vulnerable, tortured and three dimensional characters with ease. Nothing feels forced or contrived. Every action, reaction and conversation is ingrained in the character. True to their story and true to their journey.

Hazel and Fox tore every emotion out of me while reading this book. Hazel is a surv
Candace
This is a beautiful and tragic story about redemption and healing. This story will make you cringe, make you cry and take your breath away. I expected a gritty, bad guy meets good girl story. What I got was sooo much more.

I think that Roan is quite possibly the most screwed-up, haunted character I've ever read about. The horrors of his past are unimaginable and I didn't think there was any way he would ever overcome his "conditioning". There were several times when I hoped that Hazel would just
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

♥♥♥ 4.5 'I am Destroyed' Stars ♥♥♥

What on earth did I just read. I mean, I read the blurb and I knew it was going to be dark and intense. I mean, hello, Pepper Winters wrote it. But, holy hell...I feel so freaking drained from the book. It left me completely destroyed. And I'm having a hard time on how to even begin with this review.

I started the book and right off the bat I thought 'Oh, no. This book might not be for me.', I was ready to give up because I didn't like the choices the heroine mad
Elizabeth
Mar 08, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
4.5 beautiful stars!

"We may be refined and socially acceptable on the outside, but at heart we were still animals. All my life, I’d fought my own battles, but now I wondered what it would’ve been like to have someone fight beside me."
-Hazel

Destroyed is a beautiful broken story. I found Destroyed to be unique from many of the other dark romance reads out there. The relationship between Fox and Hazel is unique. I found the dynamics between Hazel and Fox to be realistic and raw. The reader is left
Kirsten
3.5 Conditioned stars!

photo image.jpg1_zpsiqeqz39a.jpg
I may be human on the outside, but inside...inside I had no control.

I totally understand the mixed ratings for this one. I can see why some DNF'd and I can also see why there were many 5 stars. I never felt like quitting, yet I wasn't grabbed/invested for some reason.

Taken away from his home at the age of 6, Roan 'Fox' Averin was ruthlessly taught to become a killer. He was tortured and put through horrific and unspeakable events to aid him into becoming a brutal assass
Savannah

WE HAVE A DATE!!!

Teaser Time

His hands wrapped around my throat and slammed me against the wall.
I dropped the sheets and fought. My nails raked along his forearm, drawing blood instantly. The scar on his cheek only amplified the empty tomb of a soul inside him. His eyes showed nothing. No remorse. No excitement. Nothing.
My heart galloped as his fingers squeezed tighter. It was as if he wasn’t there. A robot. A well-oiled machine.
So, I did the only thing available to me.
I pushed off the wall
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 24, 2014 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4.5 (I heart Damaged Roan) Stars

I love Pepper Winter books. I have given her six stars reviews and so when I heard she had a new stand alone novel, I was nothing, but excited.

Destroyed is nothing what I expected, but as always, it gripped my heart and made it swell

Summary

Roan is messed up. He was taken when he was little and trained to be an assassin by a ruthless private organization. Years later, he’s no longer part of the organization and owns a fighting club. No one can touch him and he cope
Anna Banana
Nov 15, 2014 Anna Banana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Madness by Muse

Well, this is my first Pepper Winters book and I'll definitely be reading more from her! I picked this book up on a whim even though I already knew I had a bunch of other books I should be reading. But one glance at the cover and the next thing I know, I'm hooked into the book.

Hazel

Strong. Caring. Haunted. Three things things that make Hazel who she is. But they're also her faults. Hazel cares too much about other peoples wellbeing, whether it be a stranger or a friend. It's both
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 10, 2014 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
This one looks good!!! Check out the prologue below... I'm intrigued!!!

She’s a woman with a dirty secret.

I’m complicated. Not broken or ruined or running from a past I can’t face. Just complicated. For good reason.

I thought my life couldn’t get any more tangled in deceit and confusion. But I hadn’t met him. I hadn’t been sucked into his lies or taught to run from everything that he is. Instead, I let him ensnare me, seduce me, trap me with secrets—Hazel Hunter

He’s a man with a killer secret.

I’v
Elle
4* look but do not touch STARS!!
“I was obsessed with finding redemption.
Destroyed by love.
Possessed by hope.
Consumed by a past I couldn’t shake.”

Pepper Winters always brings the dark out of me. Yeah, I'm such a masochist for dark romance. Destroyed really shattered my heart completely. The thing I've still remember is how much this book blindsided me. To be honest, Destroyed was hard to consume and not typical your read.

Roan is a troubled soul who couldn't bear any touch. He will destroy ev
✿kawehi.reviews
Jan 18, 2014 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
description

Love, touch, weakness, and emotion are unacceptable.

These are the mantras that had been enforced into the mind of Obsidian Fox ever since he was a boy.

Brought up in an unforgiving and cut throat world where blood, anger, and retribution is the key to survival, how will this “damaged, scarred, enigma of a man” who lives his life in pain and darkness ever find light in the brink of his black and white world?

Enter Hazel Hunter.

Hazel Hunter has a past but she is not broken. Growing up from foster ho
Nicole
5 Darkly Seductive Stars!!!

You know the story is good when you can't tear your eyes away for even a minute. Fucking hell. I really think Pepper Winters is trying to Destroy me. I couldn't help but feel every emotion Roan and Hazel suffered through. Damn it was hard getting through this book. Roan was beyond complicated; he gave new meaning to the word "tortured" hero in my opinion. And I loved Hazel and her strength. I can't even get into the other stuff in this book because I'm pretty sure I'll
Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySkanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads
3.5/4 Stars...

This was REALLY good. I liked the premise and the characters and all that jazz. There was angst and mystery and character development.

So why not more stars?

I felt like there was a little too much repetition and Fox's "epiphany moment" at the end of the story seemed a little too sudden, a little too miraculous, and little too clean cut for it to ring authentic for me.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed this and I will definitely read more Pepper Winters.
Angie **loves angst**
Dec 29, 2013 Angie **loves angst** rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-yet-released
"She thought she could fix me, and I wanted her to. Too bad it would never have a happy ending."

I'm so torn. I have a weird love/hate relationship with Pepper Winters' books. I don't totally hate them, but I don't exactly love them. Her stories always seem a little far fetched to me. Maybe that's why I'm always stuck somewhere in the middle in regards to them.
description
"Its too much. Too intense. Too dangerous."

Anyway the blurb is vague and mysterious, so if you're curious about what this is all abo
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥

photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Destroyed
Author: Pepper Winters
Category: Dark Romance
POV: Dual
Characters: 5
Plot: 5
Scorching Level:5
HEA: Not telling

Pepper Winters at her best!!!

5 Stars

photo newbanner2_zpsjiptvrlr.jpg
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description...
I still can't comprehend what I've just read.

Only that it was one of the most unique, raw, profoundly beautiful books I've ever, ever read. It sucked me in and broke me, I can't believe I waited so long to read a Pepper book. Anyone who craves the different and wants to be shattered, pulled and pushed by a story in every which way direction, read this book.

Amanda
Mar 09, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: stoic-hero
This is my first book by Pepper Winters, so I can't make any comparison with her other works. But I was surprised by her writing style and this book was totally a quote galore. I felt like I highlighted so much until my Kindle was kinda glowing.

I thought she was a saint.
She thought I was a sinner.
Too bad we didn't try to find the truth.
We both paid the price.

This is the kind of book that I can list out a lot of things that I like and a lot of things I don't like. But overall, I can't denied that
Valentina
Mar 09, 2014 Valentina rated it it was amazing
WOOOW JUST WOOOW!!!
5* BIG DESTROYED STARS!

I looooved this book!
It was a rolercoaster of emotions!
I loved both h/H!They look so good together!
I was mad at them and cried for them,and I WANT MORE OF THIS BOOK!

description

This is a story about surviving...about love and about death!
Death is all our hero Fox/Rowan knows all his life.
He's trained to kill and by all means,he's a destroyed and broken person!
And then one night,he meet Hazel...and his life changed completly!
Hazel is perfect heroine,just as I loved
Snow
Sep 08, 2014 Snow rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Carolina; Ana
RE-READING THIS AS A PART OF THE SHH PRE-CHAT thread OF PEPPER WINTERS BOOKS!!!! October, 18th 2015

Join Shh... SPOTlight on LIVE chat with author Pepper Winters on Oct 24 @ Time! Be sure to swing by PRE-chat thread to chat with her other enthusiasts and join the open BR. https://goo.gl/jSynJW
"

OMG!
This sure is Winters...but it was way too dangerously, twistingly, hot and complex piece of work...
Too good for my own good...LOL

I am overwhelmed by the story, by the idea, by the dedication to develo
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Hero (Hero, #1)
  • Brutally Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • Debt
  • Inferno (SKALS, #4)
  • Empathy (Empathy, #1)
  • The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)
  • Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)
  • Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)
  • Underestimated Too (Underestimated, #2)
  • The Decimation of Mae (Blue Butterfly #1)
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • Reparation (The Kane Trilogy, #3)
  • This is me... (I Am Her..., #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
7151973
Pepper Winters is a NYT and USA Today International Bestseller. She wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex... her books have sex.

She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts
More about Pepper Winters...

“Her touch shattered me. Her touch awoke me. Her touch destroyed me.” 26 likes
“No matter how you fight me, I will never stop. Every day, I’ll try again and again. Every hour, I’ll touch you, just to prove I’m willing to be everything you need and deserve. You’ll never be free of me because I can’t live another day without you in my fucking life.” 20 likes