Start by marking “The Wild One (Forever Wild, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wild One (Forever Wild, #3)

The Wild One

(Forever Wild #3)

The Wild One is the third book in the Forever Wild Serial. (This is a six part series with one book releasing every 3 weeks)

Wes never considered himself a lucky man - until one wild night in Vegas that ended with a marriage to Valerie Wilder. She doesn’t consider herself as lucky, and gives him thirty days to sign the divorce papers, forgetting their marriage every
Published January 13th 2014 by Beautifully Broken Books

To ask other readers questions about The Wild One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wild One

Start your review of The Wild One (Forever Wild, #3)
FicCentral
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it
centralpickshijackedbyysar

ReasonsToRead
AfterOne Wild NightandWild Hearts, we finally get a peek inside the mind of Wes, and he doesn't disappoint.

After a hasty Vegas marriage to a woman he thought was his meal ticket, Wes in in Chicago, and he's doing everything he can to avoid those divorce papers. Sure, she doesn't have the bank account he'd hoped for, but she has everything else that initially attracted him to her -- beauty, brains, determination, and the kind of strength and confidence he can't help but admire.

But now her old
Lisa
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
The Wild One by Magan Vernon is book three of six in the serialized novel series Forever Wild.

Book One (One Wild Night) had Wes and Valerie waking up hitched in Vegas. Wes discovers that Valerie is only beginning in her career and is not the "Sugar Mama" he thought she was. Surprisingly, he's okay with this. Valerie's pretty awesome so he's a winner whichever way he sees it. Valerie is disbelieving. What on earth could someone as good-looking and fit as Wes possible want with her now he knows
Adriana
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
*3.5 Stars
*I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review

I've been liking this series so far and I love that each installment starts right were the last one left off.

This time around we get to be in Wes' head! I liked it. We got to see how he really feels about Val from the moment they met until now. He was really sweet and I could definitely tell that his feelings for Val were genuine. I also liked that we got to learn a little more about Wes' past and what/how he ended up in Vegas. From
Carver's Book Cravings
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
These books are really hard to review. They are really short and I don't want to give too many spoilers. So you really need to read One Wild Night and Wild Hearts before this review!!

Wes is in love with Valerie. He doesn't want to get a divorce, but Val seems determined to get the divorce. Though when Max the f*** buddy shows up to talk with Wes and make him a deal will Wes make the right decision? Or does he decide to take Max up on his offer?

I really can't wait for the next book. I want to
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Dear Magan... you are killing me.

I love this series.

Where did we leave off??? Val and Wes have the divorce papers but haven't signed them yet.

Val has a jerky past hook up who is now causing problems... I don't like him.

Wes has realized he is in love with Val.

I have now realized this is why I had to stop watching soaps... I cant wait!!

I need to know what is gonna happen now...

and the ending.. well played Magan!!
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I cannot wait to see what Wes has up his sleeve to win Val's heart. I'm a little worried about what he's doing at the end of the book and how it's all going to play out.
I'm still totally #teamwes and I may have even felt a twinge of hope for Val's roommate being human.

*I received an ARC from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Bianca
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ooh, Wes, I LOVED being in his head. Things are heating up (and not just in the bedroom ;-)

We get to learn more about Wes, his background and the real reasons he married Val.

It's no secret I'm a sucker for the a Southern charm, but being inside Wes's head really shows a sweet, caring and romantic man.

Max is still there, and there's drama aboard.

Can't wait for the next instalment!
Melissa
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok so this series is getting so good.I love Wes.Such a Lover & a fighter!Grr MAx I hate u!Now he wants Val...u always want what u cant have mister..Val has a hot sexy caring man & now Max wants her just cuz he does.let the war begin lol!This just get good & leaves me waiting!
Stephanie Spangler
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok this story just keeps getting Better and better!!! Absolutely love it!! I have said it in every review but I love Wes lol...The whole story just keeps you wanting more and more!! Can't wait to see what happens with Valerie and Wes!!!
Jane Doe
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
can't wait for the next book and the ending. please release the book every week so i won't have to wait for 3 more months :(

and please make a happy ending, hahaha
❤️Melanie G.
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 All for Wes Stars

Still love Wes but Val still not feeling Val. Poor Wes. My heart breaks for his past. Looking forward to the next installment.
Jennifer Harrill
Loving this series

I love reading Wes' thoughts. I definitely cannot wait for the rest of the story to come out! love it!
Chrissy
May 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2014
So, obviously, this review will have spoilers of books 1, 2, and probably even 3, so take that as your DISCLAIMER.

For those who jumped right over here without reading the other two, I'll catch you up to speed really quickly. Valerie, the PR chick, got really drunk on a business trip to Vegas and ended up marrying Wes, a sexy stripper. Since she didn't realize that the divorce would take longer than the marriage, she brought Wes home to her apartment to wait for the divorce to be final. Valerie
Amy Logg
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, arc, novella
More reviews at The Reading Realm

REVIEW:
The story:
This episode is all about Wes! We learn a lot about Wes's past and how that has an affect on his relationship with Val. We also get to see somewhat of an understanding form between Wes and Val's roommate Paige. Wes has a lot of decisions he needs to make and when confronted with a particularly difficult situation, his commitment to Val is tested. There was a very interesting development towards the end, but I'm not going to spoil that one for
Shawna Shauntia
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
O. M. G. Magan Vernon really has something good going with this Forever Wild series. The Wild One is the 3rd installment and in my opinion it just keeps getting better. This time we are allowed to get into Wes’s head and get his view on things since coming to Chicago after cliché wedding debacle. With each installment only being a tad over 50 pages things move rather quickly, but its still interesting and full of one my favorite things...drama.

Now that I've had a chance to get in Wes head, he
Chelly Peeler
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Episode 3 of the Forever Wild series is brought to us in Wild Wes's point of view…and it's about time! Before this one, I was still on the fence a little bit with Wes, but now it's official…I am in love with him!

The divorce papers have been delivered but Wes is reluctant to sign them…he knows as soon as he signs, Val will kick him out the door. There was a moment when Wes thought Val may have actually liked him, but then that Yankee, rich, business guy showed up. There's no way Wes can compete
Bianca
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

In The Wild One we FINALLY get a chance to see what is going on in Wes's head. I could not get enough. This was definitely my favorite of the series so far.

Getting to know Wes really added to the story. He has a past that we learn about and everything seems to make more sense He is not only sexy, but he is caring and romantic. He has these feelings for Val and he is so unsure of himself. He is insecure and believes Val can do better. Sigh. I
Romance Readers Retreat
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This third installment in the Wild series is written in Wes' POV which was great as we get to see things from his eyes and find out how he really feels. Wes, surprisingly, is deeper than his stripper persona first suggested. He's a nice guy but I still have trouble with his tendency to put money above everything else. Of course this is because he doesn't have any, and really it just makes him more real. Because let's face it, when confronted with a wad of cash when previously we had never even ...more
Angie
The Wild One is from Wes’ POV rather than Valerie’s! I didn’t like this part quite as much as the previous two though. It felt like it didn’t move forward enough, at least at the beginning. It’s a lot of self-pity as we learn about Wes’ tragic past and what brought him to Vegas in the first place. I liked getting to know him better, but I probably would like liked it more being filtered through Valerie. I guess I just didn’t like Wes’ voice.

The ending of The Wild One was great though! There’s a
Donna
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Overall, I was a bit disappointed with The Wild One. I'd actually had expectations that it would be better than the first 2 books, since I was excited to get into Wes' head. It didn't really work for me though, and I'm glad that the next book will be back to Valerie's perspective.

You can read my full review on Book Wookie.
Samantha
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
The Wild One is part 3 in the 6 part serial. This time we get to experience the world through Wes's eyes and get more to the story that what we have experienced through Valerie. Wes isn't just a push over. He truly has feelings for Val but doesnt want to treat her like crap or push her.

We experience their first fight, a little bit of his past, and what has led him to the decisions he has made so far. I have to say that this had made me interested in the story again.
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
Love. Love. Love.

Every next book in this series is better than the previous one and leaves us wanting more.

We are half was through and what a half was it. Cant wait to see what will the next half bring.

Eagerly waiting for the next one and the big final.

5 read

>>>ARC received in exchange for an honest review<<<
Liz
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another fab instalment. Wes and Val have decided not to sign the divorce papers for 30 days. Wes has fallen hopelessly for his wife but doesn't think that Val feels the same. A visit from Val's ex sets him in a tailspin.

Jamie  Leigh
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
this is part three of this series. Wes has followed Valerie back to Chicago. they hsve seen the attorney. can he talk Valerie into what he really wants?
Traci
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved hearing Wes' story! Then for him to realize that he loves her. *tears
Suzanna Lynn
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A nice continuation of the story from Wes' point of view gives the reader the 'butterflies of romance' they so desire. :)
O
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it
3-4 stars
Michelle
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked getting to see Wes's side of the story, and my heart broke for him. Can I take him home and keep him yet?
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Great that this time it was from Wes his pov :)
Courtney Stephens
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
I so hope they don't get divorced. Love how the roommate is helping Wes. I want more of the story please :)
Magan Vernon has been living off of reader tears since she wrote her first short story in 2004. She now spends her time killing off fictional characters, pretending to plot while she really just watches Netflix, and she tries to do this all while her two young children run amok around her Texas ranch.

You can stalk or...er...find her online at all of these fun and happy places.

Amazon Author Link:

Forever Wild (7 books)
  • One Wild Night (Forever Wild, #1)
  • Wild Hearts (Forever Wild, #2)
  • The Wild Side (Forever Wild, #4)
  • Wild For You (Forever Wild, #5)
  • Wild (Forever Wild #6)
  • Forever Wild (Forever Wild #1-6)