Start by marking “Dark Innocence (Dark, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Dark Innocence (Dark, #1.5)

Dark Innocence

(Dark #1.5)

Hannah Grey will do anything to escape the tortured memories haunting her. Every breath brings back the pain, the fear and the unbearable knowledge that she’ll never be the once-perfect girl everyone thought her to be. When the self-destructive fog of drugs, alcohol and meaningless sex starts to clear, Dante, a lion shifter sexier than sin itself, emerges through the darkn ...more
ebook
Published January 31st 2014 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Dark Innocence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Innocence

Start your review of Dark Innocence (Dark, #1.5)
Jenell Shull
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT IT WILL LEAVE YOU WANTING MORE!!!!!
James
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
an amazing book my first venture into this genre and it leaves me wanting to read more. can't wait to start into her next book. ...more
Dannielle
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Madeline Pryce is an amazing writer. She combines a true love story interwoven with action and a supernatural twist. This is a book that needs to be in your collection.
Anna-Marie Buchner
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Mine” One day I’m gonna marry you”

Dark Innocence by Madeline Pryce

If you had the opportunity to read Madeline Pryce’s Dark Cravings book #1 of this delicious series you had the pleasure of meeting some absolutely Alpha, hot, sexy characters, and you got a little background about Hannah who is Ella’s sister.

So Dark Innocence in theory is the novella about Hannah and a OMG Hot Hot Hot, protective, possessive Lion Shifter Dante. I’m telling you I fell in love with Dante in the first book. Don’t as
Cozen
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wasn't as impressed with this second book. It just fell short for me. I think maybe the couple that paired up wasn't who I thought or would have liked to have seen since in the first book there was a strong connection between them. I know, its life, really.

The first book was perfection, well almost - ending was iffy, but the ride to get there was worth every bit. "Dark Cravings was so good in fact, I think that the bar was set too high for the second to reach.

It wasn't a bad book though. It
Carmen
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book a higher star I would. I eagerly awaited this second book as soon as Dante was introduced in Dark Cravings. His dominance is undeniably sexy and to boot, he can shift into a Lion.

After helping save Hannah from Lizbeth's clutches Dante becomes the one Hannah turns to when her life starts to spiral out of control. Her friendship with Eli on edge and unsure of who she is Hannah takes to partying, pill popping, and sex with whoever is available.

Dante, the strong and beauti
Tamye Whitener
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: parnormal romance
Recommended to Tamye by: Madeline Pryce
Awesome, Spectacular, Tremendous! This book has totally surpassed my expectations and they were high as I rated Dark Cravings 5 stars. Dark Innocence was even better. This book is so well written the author is able to draw you in from the very first page and keeps you turning the page till the last. I was so engross we could have had an earthquake and I would have just taken my tablet and moved under a doorway and kept on reading. The interacting between the main character sizzles, but it also m ...more
Heather andrews
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dante is such an alpha beast when it comes to Hannah, "and you," he said, nostrils flaring, "are the most infuriating woman I've ever met. You drive me effing crazy." He cupped the back of my head and yanked me against him. Before I could ask what in the hell he was doing, he grabbed my hair, pulled so my face tilted up and smashed his lips against mine." I loved the chemistry Hannah and Dante have:
"I'm thinking," I whispered and fought my grin, "about your nuts." I lifted my leg to knee him in
Sandy
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I had a huge crush on Dante in the first book and now I love him! This novelle is crammed full of action, intrigue and hot lion loving! Hannah experiences a truly horrible event and tries to numb her pain through anonymous sex, drinking and drugs. Dante reaches out to her and is able to pull her from the abyss. He shows Hannah that she is much stronger than she or anyone knew.
Deanna
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the relationship with Hannah and Dante. I really liked the protective instincts of Dante and he was a super hot Alpha male. I did feel a little sorry for Eli but I am hoping his HEA is next.
Anu Priya
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This is a nice paranormal love story with action.
Plamena
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 HOT stars!!! Review to come...
Jessica Leonard
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After Dark Cravings I just had to read the next book! Once I read a book in a series or even a stand alone that I LOVE I have to buy all the other books by an author lol. Then you will find me in a cave for the next week reading nothing but them. It's a great diet plan ;)

During Ella and Micah's struggle to stay together there was repercussions. People were killed and some were tortured beyond imagination. That person just happened to be Ella's sister Hannah. Hannah was a beautiful, slender, mode
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2014
I just finished reading Dark Innocence (Dark #1.5) by Madeline Pryce and I have conflicted feelings. I’m not sure if its because so many years have passed since I read book 1 Dark Cravings (Dark #1)by Madeline Pryce ( May 2012), or because I've read so many great PNR stories since I first discovered this series.

I didn't like Hannah’s character, I understand she’s had some tough times, and issues like that just don’t disappear, but the way she dealt with her issues with self medication, random s
Jacque
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Having an eidetic memory isn't always a good thing especially when you have been tortured. Hannah will do anything to escape those memories including drugs, alcohol and meaningless sex. With one phone call, she finds herself back in the safety of Dante's arms. Cleaning up her act she knows no one can except her, flaws and all but the sexy lion shifter. As Hannah builds her relationship with Dante a new threat emerges, and it may take all she has to save herself and the man she loves.

I didn't kn
Katrina
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Wow!!! I read this in one sitting and I tell you - Authors wander why we fall in love with fictional characters, they put them forth so well leaving us pining for our real live smexy men.

Dante what can I say !!!!!

Sexy as sin - LION SHIFTER ** Do you hear me Roar **

Read the blurb to the story it will give you a good indication of the story line. It is a novella short in length but certainly filled to the brim with all that one could want in a paranormal romance.

I must say I was drawn into this
Mel
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dark Innocence opens up with an eye opening chapter that brings you into Hannah’s frame of mind. You quickly remember why she tries to forget and understand the want and the need to be numb, though with her eidetic memory every painful moment of her kidnapping is forever etched in her brain, forgetting isn't an option. It is so well done and she puts the reader in Hannah’s head so much so that you feel squidgy when reading her self-abuse moment… you hate to see someone hurting and she writes so ...more
Brenda Starling
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Woot!! Madeline Pryce has done it again! Dark Innocence is the second book in her Dark series and it absolutely compliments the first book, Dark Craving.

In the second book we get to witness the connection between Dante, a shapeshifter, and Hannah, an eidetic book nerd, turned party girl. These two characters and their story is so different than the two main characters in the first book.

The first book left off with Hannah struggling to overcome her kidnapping and attack. In Dark Innocence she t
Leandra Bright
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I could love a book as much as I loved Dark Cravings, but I was wrong. I also didn't think Madeline Pryce could get me to love characters more than Ella and Micah, but I was wrong again. From the first chapter I fell head over hill in love with Dante. Oh my goodness! He is the totally package. Not only is he a sweet and gorgeous shape shifter, but he is bad ass and will do anything to protect his lover.
Before this book, Hannah is in the shadows behind her sister Ella. No one think
Kirsty Bicknell
Dark Innocence is Madeline Pryce's companion novella, which follows Hannah after her ordeal at the Vampire Queen's hands. Hannah is a shadow of the person she was; physically, mentally and emotionally she has been destroyed by the cruelty of LisBeth. Hannah finds herself unable to trust, using sex, drugs and alcohol to numb her pain but reluctant to return to the house where she now lives with Ella, which once belonged to the Queen.
Hannah has been seeking comfort from Dante as a friend, their fi
Stacy
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
*Contains spoilers from DARK CRAVINGS*

After her torture at the hands of the old vampire queen, Hannah would do anything to escape the memories of what happened to her. This leads her on a path to drugs, alcohol and sex. No matter what she throws at herself the handsome Dante is always there to pick her up. When she is targeted by a deranged Vampire hell bent on turning her into his new queen Dante is once a gain there to keep her safe.

We were introduced to both Hannah and Dante in book 1 of the
Angie
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Dark Innocence picks up where Dark Cravings left off and is about Hannah and Dante. I loved Dante in book #1 just because he said "darlin'", that word just melts my heart! This novella sheds light on Hannah and all she has gone thru and is going thru. Dante just makes your heart melt, he is so loving and caring and when he shifts you actually can "feel" it, well, at least I can. Madeline is such a gifted writer, she draws y
Jeanne
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Madeline Pryce earned her spot on my “must read” list with her first novel DARK CRAVINGS. DARK INNOCENCE ensures she’ll remain there. It was a real treat to see Hannah as someone far more complex and stronger than she seemed in DARK CRAVINGS. She’s an impressive young woman with far more depth than anyone every notices. Dante is sexy and genuinely nice despite his macho exterior. He takes time to ensure Hannah is protected and to be her nonjudgmental safe harbor while she continues to hope the d ...more
Alicia Fortuin
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YES
Recommended to Alicia by: ALL
Dark Innocence by Madeline Pryce
5 STARS
This is a fascinating paranormal story full of action and romance.
Stunning! WOW what an amazing book to start me off on this genre.
I like BDSM, HEA romantic novels etc. I won this book and so glad Madeline Pryce was my first intro to this genre. Excellent, I am a fan.
No Spoilers here:
I would suggest you first start with Dark Cravings book #1 of this series then you get the pleasure of meeting some, hot, sexy Alpha characters, and you get a little backgrou
Debra Jones
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Every woman needs a Dante in their lives!! Madeline Pryce definitely is a great author! Having read Dark Cravings and Dark Innocence I am a fan for life.
Hannah carries a big burden by not being able to ever forget anything she sees. The horrors she carries in her mind from being held captive and tortured would totally break most women and while Hannah tries to forget by taking pills, drinking and having meaningless sex with lots of men, she comes to lean on Dante to rescue her. She does find he
Lois
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read Dark Innocence in one sitting it was that good!

Madeline Pryce has become one of my most favorite authors by writing the sexiest alpha males ever!

Dark Innocence is the story of Hannah and Dante, the sexy lion shifter that was introduced in Dark Cravings, who helped Ella rescue Hanna from Lizbeth, the Vampire Queen. With Hannah’s photographic memory she tries to numb herself from the horrific ordeal she had gone through with alcohol, drugs, and sex. Dante has seen her at her very worst and
Karinosa
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
What!! Hot..Hot..Hot!!! Good fast read for me. Hannah has been living in her sisters shadow and has not really had to do anything in the family business. She has a crazy good memory and with what happened with the vampire queen she is left feeling lost. Dante is the one she turns to. He has been there since that horrific night and was the one to save her. Ella has a lot going on being now that she is queen. Hannah has someone after her and her feelings for Dante and Eli have her realizing things ...more
R.A. Sears
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is my first read from Madeline Pryce, and I would certainly go out of my way to find her work elsewhere after this! The main character, Hannah, is perfectly flawed, having hangups and issues that are traumatic, but also realistic. She was a bit whiny in some places where I thought she should have been more willing to man up, but she made up for it later on in the story.

The lion shifter, Dante, has some problems of his own, but with the help of Hannah, he seems to heal in ways he wouldn't ha
Kat
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Dark Innocence" is a book that I really wanted to love but I didn't. I did enjoy it. And I enjoyed the relationship between Hannah & Dante. Their chemistry was believable and their love scenes where hot. But I was a little disappointed with the "mortal peril" part of the story. The way Hannah's mystery stalker is handled lacked any real excitement. And Dante is supposed to be a total badass yet when the fighting goes down Dante comes across more like a wimp then a badass. Madeline Pryce did suc ...more
SB Morales
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hanna had a rough time in Dark Cravings. This book gives you her after story. She is trying to deal and make sense of what she went through and how it has affected her. Making bad choices and trying to numb her emotions didn't seem to be working. She finds help and discovers who she really is. Hanna doesn't seem to be able to catch a break, but in the end I think she finds what she really needs. If you loved the first book you can't miss this one. It's all told from Hanna's point of view and it' ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Sweet Thing (Naughty Things, #2)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Echo
  • Elegant Sins
  • Flock (The Ravenhood, #1)
  • Morning Glory
  • Provoked (Benson Siblings #1)
  • Slim To None (Cedar Tree, #1)
  • The Favor
  • Exodus (The Ravenhood, #2)
  • Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • Copper (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #1)
  • Homebound
  • Separate Beds
  • Breaker
Madeline Pryce wrote her first novel when she was ten, penned with neon-pink ink in a loose-leaf binder. Captivated by romantic literature, yet intrigued by the paranormal, she continues to develop her own voice, writing the kinds of stories that inspired her as a teen.

Dark (3 books)
  • Dark Cravings (Dark, #1)
  • Dark Secrets (Dark, #2)

News & Interviews