Start by marking “Our Lady of the Streets (The Skyscraper Throne, #3)” as Want to Read:
Our Lady of the Streets (The Skyscraper Throne, #3)

Our Lady of the Streets

(The Skyscraper Throne #3)

Four months ago, Mater Viae, the Goddess of London, returned from London-Under- Glass to reclaim her throne. And ever since then, London has been dying.

Streets are wracked by convulsions as muscles of wire and pipe go into spasm, bunching the city into a crippled new geography; pavements flare to thousand-degree fevers, incinerating anyone and anything touching them. Tower
Published August 7th 2014 by Jo Fletcher Books

To ask other readers questions about Our Lady of the Streets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Lady of the Streets

Lindsay
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I got around to reading the last volume of this trilogy after having read the first two as they came out. What an amazing climax to a brilliant trilogy!

It's difficult to talk about the third volume in a series without spoiling the first two. I will attempt to do so no further than the blurb already spoils them.

After the events of the first two books in the series our London is much changed. The Mater Viae from London-Under-Glass has entered our world and devastated it magically. The
Amanda
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic ending to what turned out to be a really fun enjoyable series. I think this is my favorite of the 3 but it's just a great series as a whole.
Milo (BOK)
This Review Was Published on The Fictional Hangout: http://thefictionalhangout.blogspot.c...

IMPORTANT: This is a review copy from Jo Fletcher Books and would normally go live on The Founding Fields. However, seeing as the backend of TFF is currently down, all book reviews will be posted on The Fictional Hangout for the foreseeable future. When the problem with TFF is eventually fixed, they will be reposted on The Founding Fields. Apologies for any inconveniences.

Four months ago, Mater Viae, the
Ellie
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It’s been four months since Mater Viae passed through from London-Under-Glass and claimed her throne. In those four months, the city has sickened and its occupants divided. London is on the brink of a civil war like no other.

If you’ve not experienced Tom Pollock’s London yet, go and get yourself a copy of The City’s Son right this minute. The third book does not disappoint at all and I can’t remember the last time a trilogy has delivered so well in every single book.

From the opening pages, the s
Blaire Hammond
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
such a different and unique story. loved it!
Shaheen
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The concluding volume of The Skyscraper Throne series will not disappoint fans! Our Lady of the Streets brings Beth and Pen together to take on the Mirror-Goddess and save London from an unimaginable fate.

This series is the story of two best friends who take on an urban goddess. Beth and Pen have gone through so much since we met them, but the hardest part of their journey is yet to come. Beth has transitioned from having a human body to one made of concrete, crisscrossed with London's streets,
Bev
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow - hard to find words to describe how much I loved this book and indeed the whole trilogy. Couldn't stop reading but didn't want it to end either. The first two books were full of imagination and action but this one is the best of the three in my opinion. Such a glorious description of the power of love, both romantic & for your family and friends and an epic fight between good, evil & something in between! Don't mind admitting this one had me in tears a couple of times and on the ...more
Kate
This is a superb series (read all three this week back to back) and The Lady of the Streets provides the perfect conclusion - as thrilling and powerful and imaginative as the previous two and with a thoroughly satisfying ending. Do read this trilogy!

Kim Dyer
This final instalment of the trilogy neatly brings Beth and Pen's adventures to a close, however it wasn't quite the ending that I was hoping for the series.

The best thing about this novel, as with the previous two instalments, is its setting. Pollock's world-building is breathtaking and intensely satisfying. It's one of those concepts that you wish that you'd thought up for yourself; the presentation of London as an organic whole. With the return of Mater Viae, this becomes clearer than ever. T
Jasper
originally posted at: http://thebookplank.blogspot.com/2014...

Last year I started reading The Skyscraper Throne of Tom Pollock with the first book in the series The City's Son. Being a long time fan of Urban Fantasy I intimidatingly liked the premise of the series. What I like to see in every Urban Fantasy is a unique concept, there are many tropes that have become standard in this genre and that frankly are quite boring to read about. With his first book and series Tom Pollock showed that he di
Lisa
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Looking back, I think this was my favorite of the three books in the series because the city is at its most fantastical. We finally see the two best friends back together again and their friendship is as strong as ever even though they've both grown up so much. And I adore this series for that. Both the first book and the second introduce romantic partners to the two girls, but it never takes the place of their friendship with each other. We really need more books that do this because the prevai ...more
Mieneke
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, fantasy, young-adult
All good things must come to an end, so it was inevitable that Tom Pollock’s debut series would end too. After the fantastic  The City’s Son and the equally wonderful The Glass Republic , this final instalment in the trilogy Our Lady of the Streets came with high expectations and had to meet a high standard to equal its predecessors. Happily, Our Lady of the Streets is even better than the previous books. It takes Beth, Pen, and all their allies on a wild ride trying to save the city they love ...more
Caroline
A perfect ending to an outstanding trilogy
Cynthia
Review posted on Afterwritten: https://afterwritten.wordpress.com/20...

Thank you to Jo Fletcher Books for sending me a review copy!

So, I’m sad that this series has come to an end, but Tom Pollock is a god, and I will buy everything he ever writes in the future. Because Our Lady of the Streets was an intense and beautiful end to the trilogy, taking all the threads from the previous two books and weaving them together in surprising ways to give them new meaning and emotional impact. Plus, this ser
Cindy
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the last book of the Skyscraper Throne trilogy and with every last book in a series I go in with heaps of questions. Will I like the ending the author has come up with? Will it be a happy ending, sad, satisfying, disappointing? I’m always excited and anxious to find out, especially if it’s the end to a series I really liked, like this one.
We've been on quite a journey with Beth and Pen, seen so many magnificent and unimaginable things through their eyes and we've learned so much along th
Liz Barnsley
So here we are at the finale then and thank HEAVENS it doesnt suffer from what I like to call “lost the plot scenario” which sometimes happens (with one VERY well known trilogy for sure) where the writer seems to lose energy and have no real idea what they intended in the first place. Not in this case, I found it to be a highly satisfying end, although I am still a little sad that it is all over.

Tom Pollock weaves his magic once again, pulling together the various strands and offshoots that have
Niall Alexander
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
There was always something special about Beth Bradley; something which went beyond her quick wit, her evident intelligence. Wasn't so long ago she was one among many—a badly-behaved teenager suffering through school, as exceptional individuals like Beth tend to—yet even then she was set apart by her street art; by graffiti which came to life because of her partnership with Pen, who'd append poetry to her pictures, turning still images into stories. Stories of the city.

Stories such as those Tom P
JitkaJen
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
What an ending! I've just finished reading and I have this terrible book hangover that you got after you finish reading a really good story and you don't want to say goodbye to the characters. I've translated the first two volumes to Czech language, so the City and all it's inhabitants are under my skin almost as a crown tatoo. Our publisher is not interested in publishing translation of the third book so I waited a long time before I finally had the opportunity to buy the third volume - and the ...more
Chris Whybrow
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome, epic
How can I sum up this book? An amazing conclusion to an amazing series.

I have loved every page of 'The Skyscraper Throne' from beginning to end, and 'Our Lady of the Streets' is a worthy end to the series. Tom Pollock handles a winning blend of distinctive, sympathetic characters with an intriguing setting that gripped me from start to finish.

Which is annoying, because it's now past two o clock in the morning, and I could really do with some sleep.

The book isn't perfect (view spoiler)
Charon Lloyd-Roberts
Didn't post any reviews for the first two books in this trilogy and it ended on a good note this trilogy would be best described as a urban fantasy based in a modern day London and well our characters are Pen and Beth I won't spoil anything but yeah I enjoyed these books and it just adds to London's mystery and kudos to Tom Pollock for writing these books as I was itching to learn what would happen to Pen and Beth in each book as the trilogy went on and you what the wait was worth it. Considerin ...more
Heather Iveson
The City's Son excited me with inventive new ideas that just felt so RIGHT

The Glass Republic raised the stakes and threw in enormous character development.

Our Lady of the Streets, against the odds, managed to raise the inventive ideas again, gave heroes that were imperfect and didn't necessarily have the highly noble motivations that are so very common in fantasy. It also put me through the emotional wringer. I love it when a book does that!

...I need more of this world. I don't want it, I swear
susan murray
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Have not read previous books it took me a while to get into this book and its fantasy of bizarre creatures. Beth and her friend pen have other creatures who are helping them to reclaim london from mater vie the goddess of london. Beth is not your normal girl she is part of the city and as it grows sick so does she but it is up to her to beat mater viae can. She unleash the cities oldest and greatest powers. Pen joins with the wire mistress to help Beth and to help people stuck in this London wit ...more
Fluffy
Dec 01, 2016 marked it as dropped
Dropped - 65 pages in

I don't like to leave a book unfinished but unfortunately I just couldn't get into this one. I struggled with the whole series and it's left me a bit sad and unsatisfied.

The world is fantastic but the story-line left me wanting and I really did not like the characters. I feel like this series is either all or nothing - so either nothing is happening or a lot is and you can't keep up. The first few pages of this book just got to be a bit too much for me I'm afraid.

I do want
Paul
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a series this has been as imaginative a YA series as i've come across. The detail created throughout all the books has simply been stunning. The creatures and city produced is realised so well its impossible not to get drawn in. The characters themselves have been fantastic , Pen becoming my personal favourite. Tom Pollock has skillfully written both male an female teenage leads without any awkwardness .
While each if the three books stands out in their own unique way, each altering its approa
Dean Simons
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book one of the series was rather conventional, book two took a left field turn and raised a victim, a surviver, into the hero of her own story. With book three, the finale, all of what came before crashes together.

It is hard these days to read a book and not know what happens next. Kudos to Mr Pollock for surprising me to the very end.
Jill Heather
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
That was a really great ending to the series, which managed the unusual trick of being a trilogy where each book stands as a novel in its own right, not just a super long book split up into three parts.

Any review will inevitably spoil something from the first books -- or this one. Instead I'll tell everyone to pick up The City's Son.
Louise
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Much more back to the form of the first book, very enjoyable. I felt the big finale was perhaps a little too close to the end; I began to wonder if I would run out of pages before the crisis was resolved! But everything was rounded off well, with just a touch of 'make up your own mind' at the end, not too many neat little ribbons to tie all the ends.
Jeanette
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-readers
I was pleased to have won this book in the Goodreads Giveaway a couple of month's ago. Perhaps because I hadn't read the first two books, it did take me a while to get into the story. Enjoyed and will at some stage, read the first two books.
Boneist
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought this fizzled out a bit at the end, but otherwise, it was very good.
Tac Anderson
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
A surreal, dreamlike ending to a unique, young adult, urban fantasy. Tom Pollock is going to be a force to be reckoned with.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Vowed (The Blackhart Legacy, #2)
  • Land
  • Binary (®Evolution, #2)
  • The Child Eater
  • The Black North
  • American Savage (The Savages, #2)
  • Black Light Express (Railhead, #2)
  • The Snake Charm
  • The Book of Storms (The Book of Storms Trilogy, #1)
  • Birdy
  • The Deadly 7
  • The Weight of Souls
  • The Big Reap (The Collector, #3)
  • The Door That Led to Where
  • The Boy with the Tiger's Heart
  • Way Down Dark  (The Australia Trilogy, #1)
  • Seriously Hexed (Seriously Wicked, #3)
  • Beyond The Wall
Tom is a long-time fan of science fiction and fantasy, and has failed spectacularly to grow out of his obsession with things that don’t, in the strictest sense of the word, exist. He studied Philosophy and Economics at Edinburgh University. He now lives and works in London helping to build very big ships. The City’s Son is his first novel.

The Skyscraper Throne (3 books)
  • The City's Son (The Skyscraper Throne, #1)
  • The Glass Republic (The Skyscraper Throne, #2)