Start by marking “Any Meat In That Soup? (Sam Darling, #2)” as Want to Read:
Any Meat In That Soup? (Sam Darling, #2)

Any Meat In That Soup?

(Sam Darling #2)

When a man falls down at Samantha Darling’s feet, she thinks it’s pretty funny. But she stops joking when he turns up dead.

Social worker and would-be crime-solver Sam is busy trying to unravel the mystery as the death toll keeps mounting. She’s thrilled to be hired by the handsome local PI to work in the ER and investigate.

“I’m being paid to snoop! I’ve died and gone to
Published December 22nd 2013 by eFitzgerald Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Any Meat In That Soup?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Any Meat In That Soup?

Start your review of Any Meat In That Soup? (Sam Darling, #2)
Nola Arganbright
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Fun characters

I was first excited about the book because the location had the same name as the town where my mother grew up. I really enjoyed the characters many who had very quirky personalities.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sam Darling has a job and an old/new boyfriend in this second novel of the murder series involving a mental social worker, her dog, Clancy, and murder mysteries in the small town of Quincy, Illinois.

The title comes from shared memories of Sam and her High School boyfriend, George. George is now the Homicide Detective and tries to keep Sam from being too nosy around crime scenes. Although both are in their mid-forties, they have found each other again. A gentle romance.

However, when bodies start
Helen
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this series if book. Sam Darling is a truly fun, quirky charactor that I would love to meet. She had a penchant for adventure and a love/lust for life. She grew up in a huge family filled with tragedy (the death of her parents) and full of love and compassion. I would love to grow up in her house. her dog clancy is amazing and i really believe she could talk if she wanted too.

I found it incredible how her inate curiosity lands her in trouble but she always talks her way out of
Denise Zendel
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Samantha Darling is a 40-something, mother of two young adults, vegetarian in a family of meat lovers, social worker by day and a fledgling PI by night. The book opens with a man falling at her feet, which she finds pretty entertaining – until she realizes he’s actually dead, and her sister may be a prime suspect.

Michael, the PI that Sam works for (and has a sort-of crush on) hires her to gather intelligence at the ER. She’d snoop for free if she could, so actually getting paid to do it makes
Julie
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book immensely. It had humor, surprises, a cast of characters that kept you guessing who dun it and an amateur sleuth that you couldn't help but like along with her furry friend Clancy. This is the first book I have read by this author but it won't be my last. Since it takes place in a hospital it could make you wonder what really goes on behind the scenes with the doctors and nurses. Fun read.
LLona Cunningham
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Good for the Cozy and Chic Lit factor, but less interesting when the protagonist puts herself into risky situations while admitting she doesn't have a plan to deal with it. Good handling of the romantic conflict and solution, and reasonable development of the characters considering this is a short piece.
Allison
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Really like this series about a therapist who solves crime. Her sidekicks, a dog and her friend,Gus, who is also her landlord are great fun too. There was even a little more in the love interest department and it seems as if she has now made a choice. I did solve the mystery about halfway through but it still didn't deter me from finishing the book.
Anne
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 of an enjoyable series. Looking forward to more. These are short books and good for a rainy afternoon. This one takes place mostly in the ER. The many siblings of Samantha, the main character, are in and out but not dominant. Enjoyable.
Marilyn
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good

this book was about hospital Ers and death that was happening while some of the same staff were on duty..
Barbara Hockman
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this very much. Would read more by this author.
Cindy
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pleasant read with all the ends tucked up. Light language. Like the characters. Nice romp. Recommended for a light mystery/romance read. Will read author again. TTS-enabled eBook. 2013 ...more
Patty
May 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2014
Typical mystery. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't really anything stand-out special. A nice freebie from Kindle and good "brain bubble gum."
Susan
Jun 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
In a hospital, a man dies at Samantha Darling's feet. The bodies mount as more people are poisoned.
Charla Rosa
Nov 14, 2014
Babe Johnson
Feb 25, 2017
Stephanie Brent
rated it did not like it
Aug 24, 2014
Elise
rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Hint of Murder (Scoops & Snoops Mysteries Book 1)
  • Perilous Pottery (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #11)
  • Cherry Pie or Die (Baker Street Mysteries #1)
  • In All Things, Give Thanks (Bellingwood Book 24)
  • Murder at Catmmando Mountain (Georgie Shaw #1)
  • Wisteria Witches (Wisteria Witches, #1)
  • A Misty Morning Murder (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 4)
  • Mind Your Manors (A Flamingo Realty Mystery, #1)
  • Books, Brownies and Murder (A Story Tree Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • Arsenic in the Azaleas (Lovely Lethal Gardens #1)
  • A Heather's Forge Cozy Mystery Series: Complete Boxed Set

Sam Darling (7 books)
  • Who Killed My Boss? (Sam Darling, #1)
  • Can You Picture This? (Sam Darling Mystery #3)
  • Will You Marry Me? (Sam Darling Mystery, #4)
  • Where Is Henderson? (Sam Darling Mystery Book 5)
  • Who's the Rogue? (Sam Darling Mystery Book 6)
  • Who Dies Next? (Sam Darling Mystery Book 7)