Start by marking “Pretty Please (Nightmare Hall, #7)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Please (Nightmare Hall, #7)

Pretty Please

(Nightmare Hall #7)

On the campus of Salem University, Johanna Dunn's beautiful face is scarred in an accident and a crazed perfectionist decides that Johanna is now too ugly--to live.
Published February 16th 1996 by Scholastic Point (first published January 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Please, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Please

Vicki
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
I really enjoyed this book. Simple plot and characters but a fab book.
Michelle
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one was better. Definitely not GREAT, but noticeably better. I flew through this one, and it was really interesting and I found myself genuinely curious about who the bad guy is lol. Anyway...this one was a lot better! I will say I think the killer's motives were sort of flimsy; the author didn't do a great job of setting that up in my opinion. But at least the characters were better developed. My main complaint this time is that she doesn't get you a lot of background on the characters, th ...more
Nattie
Dec 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Big fan of this series, first read this one at 14 when it was out and many times since. I'm almost 33 now, sigh, and I don't remember this one being so get-under-your-skin annoying. It's just that though. Jo rants about how people shouldn't focus on looks and how unimportant they are and how she hates being singled out for being a Beautiful People...at the start. After she uses her face to open a glass door, let us just say her tune starts a changin'.

Jo's pretty lucky, she's only got a few nast
Strawberri Mystery
I am starting to read ALL of the Nightmare Hall books and so far this is the best book that I've read.
In this book a girl named Johanna is apart of a group called "The Beautiful People" one night when "The Beautiful People" go to a party a tragedy happens and Johanna falls through a glass door and scars her face up.
When she goes to school everyone stares at her because of her scars, but one person thinks that Johanna is a litle too ugly to live.
First someone starts doing weird things to her: som
Kate
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, the cover terrified me as a kid. When I wasn't quite old enough to read them, I still enjoyed going to the Teen Horror section and flipping the cover to see the surprise image behind the window. Some were cheesy, but others were downright frightening. This was downright frightening.

The story itself is pretty disturbing, but more in a sad way than a bone-chilling terrifying way. The characters don't especially pop out as memorable or well-developed: even Johanna didn't seem to have
Erin
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am really digging this series! Johanna is known as one of the "Beautiful People" after posing for a series of ads with her equally attractive friends. However, after attending a party that she had a strange foreboding about, she gets shoved through a glass patio door and injures her face. A stalker, offended by facial imperfections, begins targeting her with mean pranks meant to scare her in to staying indoors. The pranks become violent and a classmate with more serious injuries disappears, ca ...more
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
This story was a bit weird, but I liked it better than the other books in this series that I read. The storyline might be a bit cheesy to some - she got her face cut up and for some reason someone wants her to cover it up - but the person responsible for the mysterious attacks reveals herself and tells her story. Overall it was an okay book, it just requires a bit of suspension of belief to enjoy.
Natasha ⚡️
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very very good book.
Jessie Wilkens
The Nightmare Hall series was a favorite of mine as a kid. I never read anything else like it, mostly sticking with the babysitters club and girl talk. I loved that it was scary without being gory, and it was nearly impossible to guess the bad guy. This one was one of my favorites, and I was thrilled to see it in e-book format. The only thing missing from this story was seeing a couple of the other character's reactions to whodunit.
Stacy
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tween, suspense
As I read this, I was frequently reminded of my Christopher Pike days as a middle schooler. Suspense and mystery with a bizarre plot but written for an audience not yet ready for the evils actually existing in the real world. I used to save up my babysitting money for each new release. At the end was an author info section and I realized that this was just like my favored Mr. Pike - this was an '80s and '90s tween suspense. Just not as good as the others.
Catalina Sennett
I had a few issues with this book as I first read this series when it came out in the 90s and now it's even cheesier than I remember it being back then. it was entertaining and I had no idea who the "killer" was but it was very simply written and so 3 stars.
Charlee
  • Krazy 4 U
  • The Diary
  • The Perfume
  • The Yearbook
  • Hot Tracks (Nancy Drew: Files, #71)
  • Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • The Watcher
  • The Phantom
Diane Hoh is the author of fifty-seven novels for young adults. She grew up in Warren, Pennsylvania but currently resides in Austin, Texas. Reading and writing are her favorite things, also gardening and grandchildren.

Nightmare Hall (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • The Silent Scream (Nightmare Hall, #1)
  • The Roommate (Nightmare Hall, #2)
  • Deadly Attraction (Nightmare Hall, #3)
  • The Wish (Nightmare Hall, #4)
  • The Scream Team (Nightmare Hall, #5)
  • Guilty (Nightmare Hall, #6)
  • The Experiment (Nightmare Hall, #8)
  • The Night Walker (Nightmare Hall, #9)
  • Sorority Sister (Nightmare Hall, #10)
  • Last Date (Nightmare Hall, #11)