Start by marking “The Mountain Between Us (Eureka, Colorado, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Mountain Between Us (Eureka, Colorado, #2)

The Mountain Between Us

(Eureka, Colorado #2)

Cut off from the outside world by a blanket of snow, the holidays are usually a time for peace and quiet in tiny Eureka, Colorado. But this year the mountain town is in trouble.

Thanks to a corrupt investor, the treasury is bankrupt, leaving residents to struggle through an especially harsh winter. Then there are those with more personal problems, like Maggie Stevens, preg
Hardcover, Large Print, 414 pages
Published April 1st 2014 by Center Point (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Mountain Between Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mountain Between Us

Leea
3.5 stars...

Every once in awhile I get a book from Netgalley and i'm expecting one kind of read but I get another. I was expecting your tradition Contemporary Romance. Not a lot of depth, a singular couple that the book is focused on and cheesy moment. Don't think i'm bashing CR, no no no... It's a genre that I come back to time and time again. I was just pleasantly surprised by The Mountain Between Us.

The Mountain Between Us is not a story about one couple, but a small town in Colorado. It's no
Julie Barrett
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Mountain Between Us by Cindy Myers
I was excited to be picked to read this book because I have read the other two related stories and love the locale and the characters.
This is the continuing story about Maggie and she was only going to stay a week to settle her father's possessions after he died but she ended up staying. Now she is in love with Jameco Clark who's back from the war and runs the local saloon/ski instructor in season and rides a motorcycle.
Maggie Stevens is terrified to tell hi
Angela
Nov 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A snowy Christmas romance! The Mountain Between Us is set in Colorado, in a tiny town where everyone leans on each other. The dynamics among the residents of Eureka remind me of those in Robyn Carr's Virgin River -- a focus on family, with woodsy, macho men who protect strong and emotional women.

Cindy Meyers gives us DJ and Olivia, a former couple who may or may not get back together; and Maggie and Jameso, a newish couple who have some real obstacles to overcome. Throw in a few spinsters, a co
Tiffany
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance copy of this title from Netgalley.com in exchange for an honest review

This was a very warm-hearted, small-town, holiday story. Welcome to Eureka, Colorado, an old mining town, where there is this fantastic group of characters, each struggling with their own life paths. We meet Olivia, who is young mother and a son, afraid of being hurt again by her ex-boyfriend who has come to town to win her back. Maggie, who finds herself entering a new stage in life in her new hometown
Diana
Dec 02, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first book of the series, so I was excited & anxious to read this second book of the series. I do not take any pleasure in this, but out of 178 books that I have read this year, this book may be at the bottom of the barrel.
My first thought after finishing the book, is that the author must really hate women after portraying so many of them as man-hating psychopaths. And not one, but two of the female characters main reason for living was to hold a grudge against a man ..
Merceda
Had trouble keeping up with the characters. Or maybe it didn't keep my interest. Was getting the two guys and their girlfriends confused. And I could not imagine being that cold on Christmas Eve. That would be brutal.
Benita Anderson
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good Christmas novel

Book was wellwritten, but need a couple paragraph put into place to make the bookkeeper to follow. Plot is excellent.
Diane Moore
Actually a pretty sweet little book. I was drawn to this book because I love this part of Colorado. Even though I usually don't care very much for romantic novels, I enjoyed the time I spent in Eureka, Colorado at Christmas via this book.
SOS Aloha
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir.

I became a fan of Cindy Myers when I read THE VIEW FROM HERE, the book preceding THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US. In fact, I remember reading THE VIEW FROM HERE during the Scouts' overnight encampment aboard the USS Missouri. I stayed up all night, in my sailor bunk, reading it with a flashlight. Myers drew me into Eureka, Colorado and I didn't want to leave. I was happy to rejoin the gang in Eureka with THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US. No sooner does Maggie
Paula
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, kensington
I received this book from Netgalley.com in exchange for my honest review. Thank you to netgalley.com, to Kensington Books, and to Cindy Myers.

3.5 Stars

This was a very sweet, romantic story with a Christmastime setting. I enjoyed the story but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. The summary spoke of missing and stranded townspeople so I was expecting a little bit more adventure and danger surrounding the blizzard that blew into town. The characters lacked development in my opinion. Their emot
Kathy
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second Myers boo I've read set in the Colorado mountain town of Eureka. I love the secondary characters. Anyone who's ever lived in a small town will recognize many of them
The town has lost money to a smooth conman investor, winter is approaching, and Maggie is pregnant and planning to spend her first winter in the snowy mountains. Whether Jameso (the father to be) is as excited about the pregnancy as Maggie is, is an open question.
The town come up with ay to raise money, and maybe
Windi
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, fiction, nook
A fun light read on a snowy weekend...but too predictable and a lot of "reminder" filler to refresh readers of the first book for my liking. Nothing really to sink your teeth into. I will read the third one but only because i already have it and doubtful i will continue the series. If you need something light hearted and fun but predictable .... go for it. This wont be one i keep in my literal shelves or reread. I will however pass it on to others who may enjoy it.
Ellen
The author does a great job of bringing to life the tiny town of Eureka and the individuality of the lifestyle there. Life in small western towns lends itself to a deeper sense of community and resourcefulness that reminds us of days gone by and Cindy Myers captures this in the pages of this sequel. The characters are believable and she manages to weave them together with a little humor, a little suspense, a little romance and a lot of real life.
Amy
I gave this book 3 chapters. It was well-reviewed in a couple journals, so I checked it out as a fun holiday read. Unfortunately, I couldn't identify with any of the leading ladies as they were all 20+ years older than me. Clearly I wasn't the intended audience for this book, and without a tie to the characters I couldn't justify spending any more time on it - so I quit after 3 chapters. If you're a 40 year old divorcee and/or single mom who likes contemporary romance - you might like it.
Janet
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely story. A beautifully set story with a quirky small town. The characters were so multi-faceted as to seem like old friends. Times are tough but the people are tougher! I so enjoyed this glimpse of American resilience. It was a gentle read, but a heart-warming one, evenly paced and beautifully written.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review.

Ann
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eureka is small town USA, nestled in the mountains of Colorado. Abandoned gold mines that were once prosperous don't help this small towns economy. But the residence are one big family and they love their snow and their community holiday celebrations. They also help love blossom. Wonderful Christmas spirit and traditions. Enjoy this one.
Mary Beth
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A lovely little story about a community in a small town in Colorado. The story is a warm and sweet experience of how a community pulls together. It made me wish I could get snowed in somewhere with wonderful friends and family. Ahh, Fiction! No, truly. It is a good story and made for a lovely read cozy under the covers.
Mackay
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: women-s-fiction
Trying to neaten up post-holidays, I found my copy and realized I hadn't reviewed it. Bad me! Great book - I loved revisiting the town of Eureka and learning more about the lives of the ordinary, extraordinary people who live there. Comfort food for the heart.
Susan W
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one continues off in Eureka with the same great people we met in the first one. Very good and already diving into book three. These are just that great comfort read and feels like everybody would fit in this little town Eureka.
Jim Pope
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book.

This is my idea of a perfect escape book. The setting was easy to imagine and the people felt like old friends. Such a sweet, hopeful story. Couldn't put it down after I started reading.
Dora Fett
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HAPPY ending story
Mary Sue Howell
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Enjoyed this book for the omission of unfavorable language and off-color topics. It gave
a good story about people trying for the best of life.

PWRL
Jun 05, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015-new
E
Cindy
Apr 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 for this one. It wasn't amazing, but it was a good story with a good plot twist that I didn't begin to suspect until halfway through the book.
Debbie
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 3/4 stars to me
Virginia
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Took a bit to get into this book...but it picked up a third of the way thru. If it hadn't been a continuation of a story I really liked I would have quit and I'm glad I didn't.
Lyndsey Thackston
Nov 07, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't finish this book. It was just too poorly written. I couldn't get over the bad dialogue. It was a neat idea for a story. I just feel like this writer needs to really work on her prose.
Leann
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am currently reading this book and am only on Chapter 1. I believe from where I am currently I will most likely enjoy this book.
Margaret Shettel
Nov 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't waste your time.
Jackie
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually just your typical romance story but I enjoyed as there were several plots. I would love to find a little town like this to live in.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Finally Home (Hope Springs, SD, #3)
  • Mr. Right Goes Wrong
  • Together for Christmas (Kismet, Michigan, #3)
  • The Trouble With Mistletoe (A Brookhollow Story, #1)
  • We Need A Little Christmas (Evergreen Lane #2)
  • Sleigh Belles
  • Christmas in Cupid Falls
  • The Corner of Holly and Ivy (Harmony Harbor)
  • Ring in the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays #2)
  • The Biscuit Witch (The MacBrides, #1)
  • A Christmas Bride
  • The White Christmas Inn
  • The Oleander Sisters
  • The Christmas Cafe (No Greater Strength, #2)
  • How Wal-Mart Is Destroying America (And the World): And What You Can Do about It
  • When the Night Whispers
  • Christmas on Main Street (Snowberry Creek, #1.5; Shelter Bay, #6.5; Cricket Creek, #5.5; Bayberry Island, #0.5)
  • The Lost Gift: A Christmas Story
Cindy Myers worked as a newspaper reporter, travel agent, and medical clinic manager before turning to writing full time. She’s written both historical and contemporary romance, as well as dozens of short stories and nonfiction articles. Former president of San Antonio Romance Authors, Cindy is a member of Romance Writers of America, Novelists Inc., and Rocky Mountain Fiction writers. She is in de ...more

Eureka, Colorado (4 books)
  • The View From Here (Eureka, Colorado, #1)
  • A Change in Altitude (Eureka, Colorado, #3)
  • Above It All (Eureka, Colorado, #4)