Start by marking “Wolfie the Bunny” as Want to Read:
Wolfie the Bunny

Wolfie the Bunny

The Bunny family has adopted a wolf son, and daughter Dot is the only one who realizes Wolfie can—and might—eat them all up! Dot tries to get through to her parents, but they are too smitten to listen. A new brother takes getting used to, and when (in a twist of fate) it's Wolfie who's threatened, can Dot save the day?
Published February 17th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Wolfie the Bunny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolfie the Bunny

Betsy
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Not every child views the imposition of a new sibling as an interloper, but a fair number of them do. They’re just tooling along, enjoying the natural bliss that comes with being the one and only star in their parents’ firmament when BLAMMO! A squalling person of inadequate size is there, hogging the attention. Unsurprisingly a low burn (or, in other cases, epic) rivalry erupts. Plenty of children’s books have addressed this issue, to varying degrees of success. It was then with great joy that I ...more
Pooja
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Great to teach Sibling love !!

Molly
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Wolfie slept through the night ... Dot did not.”

description

This picture book was all kinds of cute!

A family of rabbits find a baby wolf at their doorstep ... and takes him in. Mama and Papa are all gooey-eyed around baby Wolfie .... they think everything he does is cute. Little Dot can't believe her parents don't get it .... Wolfie is a WOLF, he's gonna eat them all up!

Cute. Cute. Cute.
Beth
Wolfie the Bunny is one of those books that, as you're reading it, you're thinking, "Oh, OK. This is cute..." And then the more you think about it after the fact, the more you realize just how darling it really is.

Or maybe that's just me.
Rossy
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ADORABLE <3
Mama and Papa found Wolfie on their doorstep and they immediately fall in love with him, but their daughter Dot is not convinced, she thinks Wolfie will eat them all!
But... nature vs. nurture, right?
I'm in love with this little book, really <3 SO cute!
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This will be a fun read aloud.
Susan
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
So freaking cute!! Love the illustrations and the story! It's so satisfying when a picture book just has the whole package down.
Cheryl Gladfelter
I love this book so, so much.

My favorite illustration is Mama holding her vintage Polaroid camera and Dot is giving the stink eye behind her.
Melki
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Somehow a baby wolf in a basket is left outside the door of the Bunny family. Mama and Papa are smitten, but Dot is suspicious . . . "HE'S GOING TO EAT US ALL UP!" she cries. Will Dot and her new "brother" learn to get along? Find out for yourself in this cute story of love and acceptance.

description
With illustrations by Zachariah OHora.
Emma (Miss Print)
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When a baby wolf is left on the doorstep of the Bunny family, Dot has some serious concerns. Much to Dot's dismay she is alone in her fears as Mama and Papa soon adopt the abandoned wolf. Dot remains worried about Wolfie as he grows and becomes much more likely to eat them all up. Worse, Wolfie really loves Dot--so much so that he spends all of his time following Dot around and even drooling on her!

Dot is certain Wolfie could not be more annoying until she and Wolfie go to the local co-op The Ca
Cheryl
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-enjoy-again
This could wind up becoming a classic. Nurture triumphs! Love rules! Brave girl, funny situations. Love the art, for example Dot's headlamp and the 'local organic lucky bamboo' at the greengrocer. The book is not the least little bit scientific, in fact, considering the bear, it's a farce of science. But who can resist Dot telling the bully "I'll start at your toes!"

Remember, whenever there's "I'll eat you up" in a children's story, it's a metaphor for "I'll subsume your identity" or a related t
Rod Brown
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
My daughter is home from her first year of college. Time for Mama, Papa and Baby Bear to sit on the sofa for a picture book binge! (2 of 4)

A sweet story about an unexpected adoption of a wolf by a family of bunnies finds humor in little Dot Bunny's repeated prophecies of doom about the wolf in the fold -- or warren, rather. Ohora's art is great.
David Schaafsma
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
The whole family will read all these Goodreads Children's Illustrated book nominees for 2015 and rate all of them.

This is a fairly typical poster colored story of a bunny family that finds a wolf cub on a doorstep and adopts them. The youngest bunny is most skeptical of this move, given the historical relationship of bunnies to wolves... so it ends pretty much as you expect, though there is an encounter with a bear where the wolf in a bunny costume depicted on the cover figures in. I/we liked i
Kristine Hansen
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it
"He's going to eat us all up!"

It's nature vs. nurture in this silly story that I desperately did not want to like and wound up enjoying anyway. Silly and stupid in premise - the wolf cub that lives off of carrots, the bullying bear, bright colorful illustrations that look like something a child would easily imitate (which might be a fun project - draw the next adventure of Wolfie) - really what's not to like? Yeah, the premise is silly, but sometimes we just need a silly book.

Besides, haven't we
Michael
This is a great book for discussing differences, challenging the assumptions we make, and sticking up for those you care about. You might even be able to use this to start a conversation about adoption. And it is presented in a hilarious story with great tongue-in-cheek moments that children and adults can appreciate for different reasons. I love the simple art that tells one scene per page, and the fun expressive lettering used in the text.
Juliana Lee
Dot the bunny does not like her new little brother, after all he's a wolf! But when someone else tries to hurt him, Dot jumps in to defend him.

Rebecca
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great humor! This book has been getting so much love, although it definitely was lost on most of the crowd at family storytime (toddlers & a few preschoolers). Would love to try this at an older preschool or younger gradeschool visit.
Anita
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Super cute, I love it! ^^
Kristi
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was so cute! And the girl loved it too! Might have to add this one to our library! I loved the artwork and thought the story was great!
Nyapot Hogan
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
At the beginning of the book "Wolfie the Bunny" Dot's parents find a new baby on their front porch and decided to keep it. Raise your hand if you have a younger brother or sister? (response) Sometimes does it feel like mom and dad give them more attention than you? (responses) Does it ever feel like they need help with every little thing? Does this bother you sometimes? (responses) Do you think your little brother or sister needs your help sometimes? why? Would it be a kind and good thing to hel ...more
Maritsa Vazquez
"Today we are going to read the book Wolfie the Bunny." (Show cover.)

"Does anyone here have a baby brother or sister?" (Children respond.) "Did anyone feel nervous about having a new baby in the family?" (Children respond.)

(Read first page of the book to engage students) "The bunny family came home to find a bundle outside their door."

Ask students "What do you think the bundle on the doorstep may be?" (Children respond.)

Finish reading book.

Daniel
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
So when you find a children's book that you LOVE like Boy + Bot, you look to see what else the author has done and that's how I found this title.

It's good, I've read it many times to my nearly 4 year old son and I like it. And I'm sure I'll read it to him a few more times before we return it to the library and I'll like it just as much.

The basic premise of this book is to not judge a book by it's cover and it's an obvious lesson but not a heavy handed one. If you're an animated "out loud" reader
Sean Harding
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
When searching for Wolfie by Deborah Abela, which I found and reviewed earlier (Previously on book reviews dah dah darrrrr!!!)
Anyway this is a fun read and has similarities and differences from Abela's book not that they should be compared but almost having the same title and read at a similar time invites an unwarranted comparison.
It is almost the other side of the coin of Abela's story and it is again a great little read.
I think reading them both at the same time is a great idea.
Have a Wolf
Brianne
“Wolfie the Bunny” by Ame Dyckman and illustrated by Zachariah Ohora (Nebraska Golden Sower Award Honor 2018-2019)

Teacher: I am going to read to you some of this book, and I want you think about what we learn. “The bunny family came home to find a bundle outside their door. They peeked. They gasped. It was a baby wolf!” We learned that the family has found a baby wolf at their home. What do you think will happen next?

Possible Response: “The wolf is going to eat them!”

Teacher: Please explain yo
Malia
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is very funny and cute, and is about nurture v nature. It's interesting because the bunny family really did adopt a wolf, so the reader may be on the side of the sibling bunny who is afraid of the wolf, but the sibling turns out to be wrong because nurture has prevailed.

I would love an alternate version of this story where the sibling sees the baby as a wolf, but it turns out not to be a wolf at all, and it's a young reader's first introduction to the unreliable narrator. (Maybe there
Garrett
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: story-time
Maxwell Rae
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story about a baby wolf living with bunnies and people thinking he’ll succumb to his nature, but instead with some nuture, he puts on his bunny suit, and makes friends. I think I liked this story, I tried to grab the page a whole lot, so there’s that. But I am five months old now, and I try to grab everything and anything.
Ivy Armitage
Read Aloud script:

"How many of you have a brother or sister at home? or both? Do they follow you around and want to do what you're doing? Or maybe you follow them and want to do what they do. (children response) I know when I was younger I used to always try to do what my older sister was doing or be a part of what she and her friends were up to, but she couldn't stand it and would tell me to go away. She treated me like I was a bother to her. Now we are really close friends who like to hang out
Adele
May 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was pretty good, but the vegan agenda throughout and especially in the ending bothered me.
Kim Huls
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a cute and silly read about a bunny family that adopts a wolf cub. I love the playful illustrations in this book.
Henrico Youth Boo...: Wolfie the Bunny by Ame Dyckman 1 2 Mar 11, 2015 06:00AM

• Buddy and the Bunnies: In Don't Play with Your Food
  • Gaston
  • Families, Families, Families!
  • The Bear Ate Your Sandwich
  • The New Small Person
  • I Don't Want to Be a Frog
  • Count the Monkeys
  • Big Mean Mike
  • My Teacher Is a Monster! (No, I Am Not.)
  • This Book Just Ate My Dog!
  • Creepy Pair of Underwear!