Start by marking “Ember (The Jinn Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Ember (The Jinn Trilogy #1)

Ember

(Jinn Trilogy #1)

Holden told Olivia it was only a matter of time before Hell came for them. After all, one doesn’t just walk away from the life he lived unscathed, but the longer Hell waited, the more Olivia let down her guard. She believed maybe happily ever after was possible—he knew it wasn’t.
But when Baker shows up beaten and bloody on their doorstep with a message, all hope evaporate
Published December 20th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Ember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ember

Phaedra Seabolt
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When the Guardian Trilogy ended, I wanted more. It didn't feel like Olivia and Holden were finished telling their story. Now I know why. This book is the start of a new trilogy where we will learn more about Holden and the rest of the Jinn and where Olivia will have to learn how to be herself and the angel hiding inside of her. In this book, we learn that Hell is ready to try to take control of both of them or destroy them. Having a free fallen angel roaming the world is bad for Hell's agenda. D ...more
Athena Nagel
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
There are very few authors who can successfully spin a series off of a series and Liz can manage that masterfully. I love good versus evil stories; supernatural characters; and those that just continually leave you wanting more. Making you fall in love with characters, hate characters, cheer for them and more. Liz does this with her Guardian Trilogy and she also carries that same skill into this first book of the Jinn Trilogy. I love stories that weave different types of supernatural characters ...more
Gina Arico Connelly
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really hate to have to wait for the next book! Once again Liz Schulte has written a great book! I love the characters and can't wait to see what happens next!!
Angela
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love Liz's books. I fell in love with them with the EBC series first....
Donna
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cover/Title: I picked this book based on who the author was. The cover doesn't really give any idea of what the book is about. Neither does the name.

Characters: I really enjoyed these characters. There is a lot to these characters and the reader only scrapes the surface in this book.

Plot: Olivia and Holden realize their time is up. Hell as come after them finally. They race against time to figure out who their enemies are and how to stop them.

Overall: I love the action in this book. There is
Merisha28
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ember by Liz Schulte
Print Length: 189 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B00HGIX8QM

My Review~
I received this book in exchange for a honest unbiased review.
First off the cover is as intriguing as the book description. It is like a puzzle you are dying to unwrap or a chocolate awaiting to be devoured. This book is as good as eating chocolates! The story is amazing and the plot will keep you riveted til the end. Oh what an ending! C
Rae Ryans
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5

Jinn, demons, Guardians, and angels ... oh and let's not forget Sehkmet and shifters too.

Ember and the Jinn Trilogy as a whole are reads I'd been long awaiting ever since the end of the Guardian Trilogy. They both feature the same characters (Olivia, Holden, Femi, and Baker) along with some not so new faces. Hell strikes back, secrets run in abundance, and Olivia hears voices. It's a tantalizing intro into the new trilogy that left me craving more.

I enjoyed revisiting with Olivia and Holden.
Christina Hendrix
Mar 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
At 20%, location 588, and SO DISAPPOINTED

I will finish this review when I'm actually done with the book. I've read the whole series up to this book. I enjoyed it. The plot and different characters were very original. The previous books were well written and EDITED! This book at 20% is utterly ridiculous with errors. It's very distracting when you basically have to ad-lib every other sentence. It's driving me insane. If I did not have an issue with HAVING to finish a book once I start, I would've
Simone
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2014
I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review. Olivia is a fallen Angel in love with Holden, as freed Jinni. She thought they were finally free, even started to let her guard down. But Holden knew that eventually Hell would come after them. The battle begins when his best friend, a shape shifter, is returned to him battered with a message from the Jinn. Will Olivia merge with her Angel and be powerful enough to save them? Who is really after her?

This book was an amazingly
Antionette
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I didn't read the previous series. I didn't realize this was a separate series but started elsewhere. But thrilled I was given the opportunity to read it. A little lost in the beginning. But now I know my characters. A fallen angel and a demon... In love just trying to live. Liv is battling internally her humanity and her fallen angel side. I'm not sure how she got to be here. That's the previous series. I pushed thru and love her. Holden is a demon who she freed from being a slave. Again. Not s ...more
Devon
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited for more Holden and Olivia!

The Jinn Trilogy is a continuation of the Guardian Series. I was so excited that we get more of Holden and Olivia's story. They are a very intriguing couple. They are characters a reader can't get enough of.

Schulte has created such a believable world (the Abyss) and it is easy to get lost inside the pages of her books. Ember was a quick read and has me wanting the second book to find out what happens.

Schulte is one of my favorite authors to read. If you
Sue Brooks
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the way Liz writes and this book just keeps me reading more and more of her works.

I really enjoyed this book and found that it was definitely had to put down. Took me a few chapters to get into the swing of the book - but once I was there, then there was no stopping me!!! The characters are explained well - and the way that things happen where they are living is fascinating!!

Looking forward to the next book in the series!!!

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review.
Niki
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was so great reading more about Holden and Olivia, after the guardian trilogy, I couldn't wait. And they are back, as good as always. Hell is sure trying to put a number on them again. I adored Baker, He has a great humor... Holden is in this book a bit wilder, more violent. Evil vs Good strong story and characters. Love it so much almost read it in one sit. Bring on the next Liz! I want to read more!

I received a copy of this book for a honest review.
Starla
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book. This book is a continuation of Holden & Olivia's journey. This also explains when he characters in Easy Bake Coven need them why they are busy & only briefly pop in. The journey Holden & Olivia are on, Femi & Baker are with them. At this point I have no idea what is going to happen next but I am excited to read Inferno & find out.
Erth
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book! even through the missed proofing errors. I was pulled in from the first chapter and was drawn more and more to the last page. I just purchased "Inferno (The Jinn Trilogy Book 2) Kindle Edition" and am looking forward to my Jinn journey.

Would recommend this book
Ken Liljengren
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice to read a little bit more about Olivia, Holden, Femi and Baker
Kathy
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful series

I found myself not able to put this trilogy down. I loved every one of the books.
Wonderful reading books
Karen
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am totally loving this series. This author does a great job of blending all the different characters and stories together to create this world.
Cookie Diaz
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Totally still intrigued by this book. It ultimately picked up where the guardian trilogy ended. I hope it doesn't take long for the second book to come out.
Ray Shirley
Nov 19, 2014
Josilyn Sakura
Dec 11, 2015
JoAnn
rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2015
Ashley
Jun 25, 2015
karen
Aug 29, 2015
  • Awakened (The Legends Of Elyndia, #1)
  • Duality (The Hitchhiker Strain, #2)
  • Samphire Song
  • Joy of Witchcraft (Jane Madison, #5)
  • Sweet Magic Song (For Love of Fae, #1)
  • Sparked (Independence Falls, #1)
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • Ghost Hold (The PSS Chronicles, #2)
  • I Am Yours (Heartbeat, #3)
  • All I Ever Wanted: An Abbott Springs Anthology
  • After Home
  • One Sweet Day: A Hope Falls Happily Ever After Novella (Hope Falls, #4.5)
  • Concealed by a Kiss (Hiding from Love #2)
  • The Path (Crystal Cove Romance #3)
  • Ignite (Ignite, #1)
  • Advanced Physical Chemistry (Chemistry Lessons, #3)
  • Big Bad Billionaire (The Woolven Secret, #1)
  • The Fever Series (Fever #1-6)
Many authors claim to have known their calling from a young age. Liz Schulte, however, didn't always want to be an author. In fact, she had no clue. Liz wanted to be a veterinarian, then she wanted to be a lawyer, then she wanted to be a criminal profiler. In a valiant effort to keep from becoming Walter Mitty, Liz put pen to paper and began writing her first novel. It was at that moment she reali ...more

Jinn Trilogy (3 books)
  • Inferno (The Jinn Trilogy,# 2)
  • Vestige (Jinn Trilogy #3)
“Sure, they fought like two hobos battling over the last bottle of booze, but there was no denying that Olivia and Holden began where the other ended. In” 0 likes
“Baker's point of view: Femi directed her cat eyes to me with a devious glint in them. "So you've been banging the boss's daughter." I choked on my sandwich. She raised an eyebrow. "That's pretty gutsy, Baker." Holden pinched the bridge of his nose and an angry vein popped out of his forehead.” 0 likes