Start by marking “Alien Horizons: The Fantastic Art of Bob Eggleton” as Want to Read:
Alien Horizons: The Fantastic Art of Bob Eggleton

Alien Horizons: The Fantastic Art of Bob Eggleton

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Publishers Weekly.
Published January 1st 1996 by Paper Tiger (UK) (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Alien Horizons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Horizons

Jared Millet
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Eggleton isn't my all-time favorite SF artist (that would be Michael Whelan) but he's certainly in the top tier. This book gives a wide overview of the best of Eggleton's work, with details on each painting, Eggleton's thoughts on art in general, and light snippets of biography. The sections are broken down into the general areas that the artist is know for - dragons, astronomy, aliens, spaceships, and horror with lots and lots of skulls - and each is equally engaging. (Though I admit to skimmin ...more
Andrew
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Yes yet another paper tiger artwork book - I would love to say that I read books because of the author or the content or the title - but never the cover -NOPE sorry of those reasons I do read books but I also look at the covers. For those of you who know what I mean can no doubt remember books more clearly because of their distinctive cover styles - for example the UK publication of the Necroscope series - well you cannot miss it.
But what is the significance of this book - a book of basically c
Meg
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-books, art-books
This book is fantastic! There were several pictures with art from awesome covers of books I've read and I really enjoyed reading about the creative process of the artist and what was the idea behind these covers. Over all I would recommend this book to anyone who like looking at good old space-alien-dinosaur art :)
Dark-Draco
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I've owned this book for ages, but this is the first time I have read it cover from cover, instead of just looking at the pictures. To be honest, with this sort of book, you don't have to worry about the text - it's interesting, but not mind-blowing. But the pictures are. I love the variety that is shown here, only slightly spoilt by a lot of the pictures going across the spine and ending up with a crease up the middle. A lovely reference book though.
Susan