Start by marking “Curran POV Collection” as Want to Read:
Curran POV Collection

Curran POV Collection

(Curran POV #1-9)

In chronological order,

UNICORN LANE (#1 Magic Bites)
FERNANDO'S (#1 Magic Bites)
SOUP (#2 Magic Burns)
MIDNIGHT GAMES (#3 Magic Strikes)
HOT TUB (#3 Magic Strikes)
KATE'S ORIGIN (also referred to as Kate's Daddy) (Between #3 Magic Strikes & #4 Magic Bleeds)
NAKED DINNER (Between #3 Magic Strikes and #4 Magic Bleeds)
CONCLAVE (#4 Magic Bleeds)
AWAKE (End of #4 Magic Bleeds
Published December 23rd 2013 by Ilona Andrews, Inc.

Start your review of Curran POV Collection
Anne
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Kate Daniels
Recommended to Anne by: Cathy
It's not like I needed another reason to love Team Andrews, but they gave me one anyway. This collection of scenes from previous books, retold from Curran's POV, are FREE HERE on their website.

Did somebody say free?

description

Yes, free. Instead of charging an arm and a leg for tidbits like this, these guys give it away to their fans. And, pay attention authors, stuff like this is why these two have such die-hard fans to start with.
Well, that and their stories are A-Mazing!
*giant squishy hugs*

Like I said, t
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
This collection is available for FREE here. Because the Most Wondrous Authorlords (MWA™) are awesome like that.

The Grand IAA™ KD Buddy Rerererereread Extravaganza (GIAAKDBRE™), aka the yellow brick road to Magic Triumphs

[January 22, 2018]

Uh-oh, looks like someone is Awake :

"I took a deep breath, opened the door, and roared at my subjects as if I had every intent of ending their lives in the next several seconds. The sudden silence was deafening. Oh yes, Daddy's home and he ain't happy
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁
FIRST, you should know that you can get this POV collection for FREE here:

SECOND, you should know that if you're reading this, I'm assuming that you've read the books, b/c this is an EXTRA. Normal rules of nothing after the first 10% of the book don't apply, so there may be spoilers. I'm not deliberately including them, but I am talking frankly about the situations, so be warned . . .

Unicorn Lane

Ever wonder what was going on in Curran's head when Kate cro
Sophia Triad
I just ADORE Curran!
These short stories from his point of view give a great insight in his complex character.

UNICORN LANE (Magic Bites)

Curran meets Kate for first time at Unicorn Lane and he is very pleased with what he sees and with what he smells.
Come to me, mouse, don't be scared.

FERNANDO'S (Magic Bites)

Curran and Kate go to the very posh restaurant Fernando's with different dates.
It is interesting to see how much Kate's presence affects Curran. He is taken with her from the beginning.

SOUP
Evgeny
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Buddy read with Armina, Eilonwy, Asya, and Monty Cupcake.

This is a collection of scenes from the main Kate Daniels series told from (can you guess it?) Curran POV. It is also freely available from the authors' web page. In the first half of the book the scenes are amusing, but not groundbreaking as people who read Kate Daniels books - from the first to the forth - already know what happened. The only thing I learned from it that my suspicion about Curran being full of it was correct. The guy is
Maria V. Snyder
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Curran's POV during certain scenes in the Kate Daniels series of urban fantasy. My only complaint is I'd like to see more! And now I know why my readers are always bugging for more Valek ;) ...more
ȷαεlα
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it

I'm having a hard time reviewing this book.

*please don't throw tomatoes at me for what you're about to read.*

1. The book is good. Was it needed?

When I first started to read KD series, this book wasn't released. I think I first read it after I had finished the first 7 books. So you can understand my hesitation in accepting Curran's thoughts as they are presented in this collection. Those who have read the 8 books can understand that there is a dissimilarity between Curran's behavior in K
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
3.5 stars, rounding up because this collection of scenes from the first four KATE DANIELS books is a Kindle freebie, made available out of the goodness of the authors' hearts. Download it here at the author's website.

This collection of nine different retold and new scenes from Curran's point of view is a must for serious fans of the KATE DANIELS series. It includes Kate and Curran's first meeting ("Unicorn Lane"), Curran feeding Kate soup, knowing she isn't aware of the significance of feeding i
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
3.5

Marry me Curran...
...'nuff said.
Armina
Buddy read with Eilonwy , Evgeny , Asya and Monty Cupcake

3 SOLID STARS

A good compilation of short stories narrated from Curran's POV, set in chronological order from Magic Bites(book #1) to Magic Bleeds(book #4) including. You can get this for free here:
It’s obligatory to say that if you haven’t read the first four books in the series it’s better to do it before reading this collection. Expect mild spoilers ahead.

The quality of the writin
Angela
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
June 2016 Re-read: So, there are some inconsistencies with the progression and continuity in the books (especially in regards to Kate and Curran's relationship/thoughts about each other) that plague some of the stories (especially up through Magic Strikes). I tend to ignore them because I know and remember that these POV scenes weren't written at the time the books were written. Most of them were written months or even years later. They were not written in order. They were fun little snippets me ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
You can get this lovely collection for free from the Ilona Andrews site, get it now and read a few as you read through the series or wait until the end and then read them all at once either way is fun fun fun.

This is seven different scenes show through Currans PoV. I loved getting into the beast lords head. But I’ve decided that a picture is worth a thousand words for the review.

Unicorn Lane Book 1

photo kittykitty_zpsc6e8a113.jpg

Fernando's Book 1

Kate on a date with Crest
 photo milkashx_zps988d8943.jpg

Soup Bo
Jo
Oh my God. She was an imbecile, and I was going to kill Jim.

I have always wondered what Curran’s thoughts were when he first met Kate and it was even better than I had hoped.

And then when they met again at Fernando’s, both of them on date’s with other people. I loved that he was attracted to Kate, and a little jealous that she was on a date with another guy. I’m also very happy that he knew things wouldn’t work between him and Myong, and that she wasn’t the righ

Renegade ♥
4 1/2 to 5 stars

Definitely recommended to those of you who are currently enjoying the Kate Daniels series and/or those who have already read it, but haven't had a chance to read Curran's POV yet!

(Some of these stories/scenes/excerpts had their own GR listing available to post a review/comments whereas others didn't - so I compiled all of them here with excerpts, my ratings, and links where applicable.)

These are listed in reading order:

Excerpt from Unicorn Lane
(Scene from "Magic Bites", Book 1)
h
Vippi
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rtc
I'm a newbie in KD's world, but I fear I'm already addicted to it.
So I couldn't help taking a peek inside the Beast Lord's head.

And after reading the first POV snippets, I think I love Curran even more.

#1 - Unicorn Lane/Book 1
The first snippet re-tells Kate and Curran's first meeting from his POV.
She crouched with her hand out. What the hell was she doing...?
"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty."
Oh my God, She was an imbecile, and I was going to kill Jim.

#2 - Fernando's/Book 1
No words.

#3 - Soup/Book 2
Haïfa
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf, reread
Actual rating: 3.5 stars
3rd read. Curiously enjoyed it way more this time around.

Oh my God. She was an imbecile, and I was going to kill Jim.

Curran POV is a light and fun read. HOWEVER, it doesn't measure up to the main KD series and to Kate's perspective.

While Kate's POV is multilayered, full of flashbacks, funny observations and even philosophical cogitation at times, Curran's POV was rather flat and Curran felt quite shallow and one-track minded, especially in
nicklein
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reading from Curran's perspective was DIVINE. Cue my incessant squeeing in the background. ...more
h o l l i s
Was it the five stars I gave it before? Okay maybe not. But it was still hella good. ...more
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kate Daniels fans.
description

I loved seeing things through Curran's eyes. It adds more flavor to Kate's universe.

My favorite scenes were:

*Unicorn Lane
She crouched with her hand out. What the hell was she doing...
"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty."
Oh my God, she was retarded and I was going to kill Jim.

*Hot Tub
We were not finished yet, not even close. I could still smell her. I remembered what she felt like. What she tasted like. This wasn’t a casual sexual thing. This was a mating. I would have Kate as my mate. Whatever i
Trish
Jun 21, 2016 rated it liked it
This was difficult to rate. My experience with additional stories to a series, just from another POV, aren't that great. This, however, was pretty good. Especially the fight between Curran and Mahon (I only wished he had hurt him more because Mahon is an even bigger asshole than Jim in his best moments). Nevertheless, there was of course a lot of repetition and the one story (in Kate's apartment after Curran almost lost his shit thanks to Saiman) was NOT in it so I was sorely disappointed.
*pouts
Cathy
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short companion pieces to Kate Daniels, books 1 to 4, from Curran's POV. You can find the collection for free on Ilona Andrews' website. Read in order, after the respective main book of the series. Don't jump ahead, you will spoil yourself!

Re-reading the series with the Ilona Andrews Addicts, before 'Magic Binds' comes out in September 2016. Hadn't planned to re-read all the shorts and novellas as well, but changed my mind. Will catch up and then read parallel to the main series...

A bit spoileri
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Marry-me-please stars

Curran

I just have to say that I want more and...

Just Josie
Nothing makes a reader more happy than authors considering our wishes and gives us want we crave.

And craving Curran, we always will.

Loved all these moments that held such a big impact in the series. Seeing them from Curran’s POV, just made it even more special. 💙

Read: 05/07/2020
1st rating: 5 stars
Genre/tropes: Urban Fantasy/short story/shifters
Cover: 4 stars
POV’s: Multiple-1st person (mainly Curran)
Will I recommend: ALWAYS Always Always💙
Antonella
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
oh Curran I love you

Amy
It is fun to get the other side of the story.
h o l l i s
Want to live through some pretty pivotal moments in the Kate Daniels series via Curran's POV? Do you enjoy novellas? Do you also like free shit?

You're welcome.

UNICORN LANE

The first meeting of Kate and Curran from the Beast Lord's perspective. When Kate utters the now-infamous line, "here, kitty, kitty, kitty," what was running through this head?

FERNANDO'S

Curran and Kate both on a date.. wi
Ina
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it

I'm probably not the only one who didn't really like Curran in the beginning. However, with time, we all gradually fell for him. But it wasn't until I read his POV that I started understanding him.

Being The Beast Lord is anything but simple. Just like Kate said in the first book, Curran is never "his own person". He has to make decisions he doesn't want to make, he has to deal with people he doesn't like and a lot of people dislike him. Hell, the most of the time, I don't even think he
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
For a start if you haven't already read it this is a free collection of short stories that can be downloaded from Ilona Andrew's website HERE. Some of these stories have been available separately but as far as I know this collection contains all of the Curran POV scenes that have been written so far.

I absolutely love getting the chance to see inside Curran's head at during some of the major events from the series. Ever wondered about his first impression of Kate? What he thought when she sent hi
Teryna90
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed all the short stories. And I really loved Curran's POV.

His jealousy, his falling in love. I would have loved to read more... but who knows maybe there is going to be more for the fans.

Oh... the Lord of all Lords! What a gentleman even if his are sharp teeth and his claw could rip your heart out in a heart beat.

P.S. I loved reading about how Curran found out about Kate's father, his determination to be with her against all odds was enchanting!!! <3

P.P.S. Curran's thoughts are
TS Chan
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
As the title suggests, this is a collection of short stories from Curran's POV for scenes from the 1st to the 4th book. Some of these include events which took place 'behind the scenes' from the main series (i.e. without Kate in the picture) and hence provide a more rounded perspective to the readers.

It's fun and interesting to be in Curran's mind, and I especially love the first meeting.

Oh my God. She was an imbecile, and I was going to kill Jim.

• Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.4)
  • Magic Tests (Kate Daniels, #5.3)
  • Magic Dreams (Kate Daniels, #4.5)
  • A Questionable Client (Kate Daniels, #0.5)
  • Kate and Curran Texts, The Wilson Building (Kate Daniels #5.7)
  • Magic Mourns (Kate Daniels, #3.5)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Magic Steals (Kate Daniels, #6.5)
  • An Ill-Advised Rescue (Kate Daniels #5.8)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • Kate and Curran Texts, Dabwaha (Kate Daniels #6.1)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels, #5.5)
  • Magic Stars (Kate Daniels, #8.5, Grey Wolf, #1)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
See top shelves…
One half of the team behind best-selling author Ilona Andrews . ...more

Curran POV (10 books)
  • Magic Bites - Unicorn Lane (Curran POV #1)
  • Magic Bites - Fernando's (Curran POV #2)
  • Magic Burns - Soup (Curran POV #3)
  • Magic Strikes - Midnight Games (Curran POV #4)
  • Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)
  • Kate's Origin (Curran POV #6)
  • Naked Dinner (Curran POV #7)
  • Magic Bleeds - Conclave (Curran POV #8)
  • Magic Bleeds - Awake (Curran POV #9)
  • Prequel to Magic Shifts (Curran POV #10)