Start by marking “The Cornish Knot” as Want to Read:
The Cornish Knot

The Cornish Knot

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  68 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Can one woman’s secrets change the life of another a century later?

On the anniversary of her husband’s unexpected death, Megan sits at home heartbroken and disconsolate. A mysterious package arrives containing a journal written a century earlier, which shakes her out of her self-imposed seclusion.

She embarks on a journey following in the footsteps of the journal’s author,
ebook
Published 2014 by AM Publishing New Zealand (first published December 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Cornish Knot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cornish Knot

really liked it 4.00  ·

Phoebe Wilby
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A search for her Ancestor leads Megan to find so much more ...

This is the second book by Vicky Adin I have read and like the first, 'Gwenna', I absolutely loved this book. It is a heart-wrenching, tear-jerking story of a woman's search for her ancestors.

After losing her beloved Tony, she falls into the depths of despair. A surprise package from a solicitor in Cornwall sends her on a quest to discover her great great grandmother and honour her legacy.

Vicky writes about places I've been to, and so
Stephanie Hammond
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Megan’s adventures. I found a lot to identify with in her life – her grief at the unexpected loss of her husband, her growth through her journeys, her growing confidence in her ability to make a difference, and the clashes she has with her daughter – the misunderstandings that sometimes can and sometimes cannot be resolved. The author has an engaging writing style that is fast paced and kept me enthralled from beginning to end. The story line is unpredictable yet aut ...more
Trish McCormack
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love time shift stories with a mystery at their heart and this one is up there with the best. Megan's story is absorbing and her challenging relationship with her daughter Sarah is honest and convincing. The mysterious package from Cornwall and the story that unfolds had me eagerly turning the pages. The alternating Cornwall, Italy and New Zealand settings were well described and real. I liked the way Vicky portrays the good and bad in the personalities of her characters - it makes them intere ...more
Jena Henry
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Cornish Knot is the first book in the PastFinders series. History, family, love and renewal are the essence of the four books in the series.

What will we learn about the past? What we learn about ourselves?

The story begins in the present, as we meet the main character, Megan. She is in her fifties and has recently lost her beloved husband. Formerly a capable and loving wife and mother, she is now in a dark place. Her life in the present changes when she receives a letter from a Cornish attor
Vicky
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nz-authors
These are some of the reviews I've personally received direct to my inbox from people who don't use Goodreads.

Subject: The Cornish Knot
Many thanks for writing such an enjoyable novel. ‘The Cornish Knot’ provided insight into the art world and historical background that kept me turning the pages. I look forward to reading your next adventure.
Kathleen.

Subject: The Cornish Knot
Have just finished your book and found it a most entertaining read! Congratulations and I know there will be no stopping yo
Janice Sisemore
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
The Cornish knot

A modern book with historical aspects in it. Megan and her family is recovering from the death of her husband when she finds out about relatives from far in the past. She gets to travel while exploring things from long ago from a diary. She meets new friends and family. I enjoyed the story and the closeness of family. I enjoyed the writing of Vicky Adin, love discovering authors new to me. This book is first in a series and I plan on checking out the other books.
Louise De
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading The Cornish Knot. It had me enthralled from start to finish. The poem near the end was especially poignant as it was the same poem I read out for my mother. There are lots of characters who are well introduced so you don't get them muddled. It was an addictive read and well worth reading this summer.
Lesley
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faves-in-2015
An enjoyable first book in the PastFinders series where we join Megan, recently widowed, unravelling her family history after learning of a strange inheritance. A wonderfully plotted story with an historical base, interwoven with some genealogy, an insight into the art world, and a little bit of romance.

Looking forward to reading the next in this series.
Maree Vandewater
Brilliant book. Plot kept me captivated and wanting to turn the pages over. good mix of history, adventure and drama.

Enjoyed going on Megan's journey that touched on some many facets of life's emotions.

Totally recommend it as a thoroughly interesting read.
Pauline Mowbray
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once I started reading 'The Cornish Knot' it was one of those books I found hard to put down until the end! I'm certainly looking forward to your next book Vicky Adin!
Janet
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
I loved this story. It is a book I'll be reading again.
Denise
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This book was able to keep me reading and reading. I have been reading many genealogy books in the last year. It was great to read one with a different plot and path.
Jeannette
Nov 10, 2016
Karyn
Apr 03, 2016
Amanda
rated it did not like it
Apr 30, 2018
Ginny Lyons
rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Broken Arrows (The Cupid Chronicles #1)
  • No More Slooping, Sara Sue!
  • Weekend Lover
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • Love on the Lido Deck: A Nautical Romantic Comedy
  • Red, White & Screwed
  • Devil's Food
  • A Fitting Place
  • When It Comes to Spooning, I'm a Fork
  • Fire at Will's (Estela Nogales #1)
  • Service Station Angel
  • A Song at Twilight (A Song at Twilight, #1)
  • Dancing on Rocks
Vicky Adin is a genealogist in love with history and words.

After decades of research Vicky has combined her skills to write poignant novels that weave family and history together in a way that makes the past come alive. She is particularly fascinated by the 19th Century pioneers who undertook hazardous journeys to find a better life. Especially the women, whose strength and determination to flouri