Start by marking “A Pocketful of Posies” as Want to Read:
A Pocketful of Posies

A Pocketful of Posies

Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll! Add in the Ku Klux Klan, the FBI, the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., and you will be amazed by the story of Alexander Posy. A Pocketful of Posies is an inventive novel that successfully sets an FBI conspiracy plot against a decade-spanning American backdrop. It's interweaving of historical episodes, rock-n-roll superstars, Civil Righ ...more
Published December 6th 2013 by Fire Spice Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Pocketful of Posies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pocketful of Posies

Patty
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Pocketful of Posies went full circle for me. The vivid imagery brought forth in the first and final chapter made me feel the warmth and love of family and community. The historical value makes you question how far we have truly come with race relations. A bi-racial man searching for truth is as relevant then as it is now. This is a great read and I highly recommend it.
Lisa
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Had to read for Book Club.
Arlena
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Title: A Pocketful Of Posies
Author: W. C. Sorice (Paperback)
Published: Fire Spice Press, LLC
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Review:

"A Pocketful of Posies" by W.C. Sorice was a very interesting historical fiction read for me. This novel was able to connect it all together be it family, community, history, race relations, interracial struggle to so much more that is so important to all of us wanting to know 'the truth of it all' during the 50's and 60's. This may not be a easy read for some but h
Mark Allen
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Goodreads win for me, and probably the best book I have won from Goodreads.
A pocketful of posies is an intriguing story weaving through nearly a hundred years of American history. In particular it focusses on the hysteria that arises from changes in society such as the fear of the Klan when confronted with progress in rights for black people, or the fear of government at the rise of rock and roll. The story, and I suppose the general opinion (I'm not a student of the era), states that the gov
Silver_Neurotic
May 09, 2014 rated it liked it
A Pocketful of Posies is an interesting novel. The summary is very vague so I had no real idea what was going on in this novel initially. All I could tell was that it was a story of four generations of related men named Posey but it was kind of difficult to figure out how exactly they interconnected. Finally, towards the end of the novel is started to make more sense.

What I liked: I liked this book was kind of unique and surprising. I wasn't sure what to expect so it kept me trying to guess h
Wendy Golding
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a story of a family spanning multiple generations, showcasing some of the best and some of the worst of humanity. I don't think I've ever wanted longer chapters and more information on the people you meet in this short novel. I would like to think we human beings are moving forward towards a better tomorrow for future generations, the author seems to think it's possible.
Charlotte
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love books with history interwoven throughout. W.C.Sorice's first book is a must read!! It is easy to read. The Posies were so believable; I truly could believe that this family was real.
Phyllis Eledge
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great read. Hope the next book is even longer.
Heather
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I loved it for cover to cover. If this is just a taste of what is to come from this author I can't wait to see what is next. Could not put this one down.
Jessica
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free through BookLikes' Giveaways.

I was pleasantly surprised with this book. It captured my attention from the first chapter. I loved how clever and smart the story was.
Natalie
Rickie Hinrichs
Amy
Kerry
Jan 10, 2014

• Why Black People Tend to Shout: Cold Facts and Wry Views from a Black Man's World
  • Leigh (Women of Ivy Manor, #3)
  • The Cardwell Ranch Collection: Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch \ Justice at Cardwell Ranch \ Cardwell Ranch Trespasser
  • A Bright Particular Star (Cavanagh Family, #2)
  • Art Collab – Artistic Collaboration in the Digital Era
  • Once Upon a Highland Christmas (Scandalous Scots, #0.5)
  • Air: Merlin's Chalice (Children of Avalon, #1)
  • Treacherous Temptations
  • The Third Book of the Dun Cow: Peace at the Last
  • Pirate Barbarian
  • Wanton Christmas Wishes (includes: Self-Made Men, #1; 93rd Highlanders, #1; Diable Delamere, #2.5)
  • Lady Northam's Wicked Surrender
  • Make You See Stars (Stardust Erotic Romance Series #2)
  • A Sinner in Paradise
  • Dangerous Bonds Book 1
  • Taming Her Forbidden Earl (Lady Lancaster Garden Society, #1)
  • Cutted Chicken in Shanghai
  • Conquest Earth (Tarizon Trilogy #3)
WC Sorice lives in Orlando, Florida and is married with two sons. He is passionate about writing and finds fishing a natural elixir to the creative soul.

WC Sorice holds a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from the University of Central Florida. After a successful career practicing the art of teaching and storytelling, WC Sorice has crafted a first novel that seamlessly intertwines a fascinating plot