Start by marking “Cheese Wrestling” as Want to Read:
Cheese Wrestling

Cheese Wrestling

(Jack Daniels and Associates)

Cole Clayton is a small town cop used to small town crime. But when a girl goes missing, it leads him from his small town to Chicago, where he teams up with a tough Homicide cop named Jack Daniels.

What is the meaning of cheese wrestling? Hint: You probably don't want to know. And neither does Jack. But sometimes you have to deal with the worst of humanity to bring out the
Published December 13th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Cheese Wrestling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cheese Wrestling

Start your review of Cheese Wrestling
Kimberly
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't see how anyone familiar with Konrath's style could NOT love this one! The character of Chief Cole was new to me, but he fit into this story perfectly. As for the title.....pick this one up and read for yourselves.... ;)

Recommended!
Jool
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a very short story. The Jack Daniels series has been one of my favorites, but this book did not even begin to match the quality of the books by JA Konrath. Skip this one.
Lyndon
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bernard Schaffer and Joe Konrath team up for a winning combination in this short novella, a richly told, tightly constructed thriller that is both witty and wry and edge-of-your seat exciting. Police Chief Cole Clayton from Small Town, PA heads to Chicago to find the daughter of a friend who has been kidnapped and sold by the Russian Mafia. Homicide Detective, Lt. Jack Daniels knows the territory and gets more than she bargained for when she assists the out-of-towner whom she mistakenly thinks i ...more
David Blaylock
May 17, 2020 rated it liked it
I do not want to participate in Cheese Wrestling.
Britt Echols
May 12, 2020 rated it liked it
E.M. Smith
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Cheese Wrestling was kind of entertaining, but there's a point in the middle where it felt like a scene was deleted or maybe the story line was changed and someone forgot to fix some things. Also, it's pretty obvious this one wasn't written by Konrath. Jack's voice is completely different. She vacillates between acting like a hormonal teenager and acting like a copy of a copy of Jack Daniels. If you're a fan of Jack's, you're probably not going to like this story very much.
Julie
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bikers
This was an interesting short story. I never thought I'd read a book with a main character named Poop, and now I have. I've also learned something truly disgusting that is apparently true. You'll have to read the story yourself to find out what that is. It's a good short story. I didn't love it; I mean I would never read it a second time. Since it's short, the story's investigation moves quickly. Check it out.
Laurie
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seems sacrilegious to give Jack less than 5

Loved the cheese out if this book! I always love Jack Daniels. The problem was it was so short. To stretch it out they added two alternate versions. Those sucked. They sucked cheese.
Mark
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Another hardboiled detective collaboration teaming Daniels and Cole to solve an inter-jurisdictional crime. No dead bodies but good teamwork and incompetent criminals.
E. T. Brother
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not a bad read.
Suze
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
CHEESE WRESTLING

Jack Daniels stories are always interesting. This one was interesting, weird and short. Next time I will check number of pages before I buy.
Jim Kratzok
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fairly humorous story.
Robbie
As always, I love these books; long or short, I don't care.
Sherrie Alexander
Aug 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Racked (Nicholas Colt)
  • Bo Knows Bo
  • Lady 52 (A Jack Daniels/Nicholas Colt Novel)
  • Serial Killers Uncut
  • Cheese Wrestling
  • The Other Side
  • To the Bone (Gavin English, #1)
  • Have You Seen Luis Velez?
  • Truck Stop
  • Watched Too Long (Val Ryker #3.5)
  • The Perfect Wife (Jessie Hunt #1)
  • Everything My Mother Taught Me
  • The Screaming
  • The Breathing Method
  • Roadwork
  • Rage
  • October Dark: A Phineas Troutt/Macklin Dailey Thriller
  • Snuff Tag 9
Joe Konrath has written over a dozen novels in the Lt. Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels thriller series. They do not have to be read chronologically to be enjoyed, but the order is: Whiskey Sour, Bloody Mary, Rusty Nail, Dirty Martini, Fuzzy Navel, Cherry Bomb, Shaken, Stirred, Rum Runner, Last Call, White Russian, Shot Girl, and Chaser. More coming soon.

If you love Jack Daniels and her cast of supportin

Jack Daniels and Associates (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Remember the Dead (Jack Daniels and Associates; Jack Daniels/Jillian Varela Mysteries #2)
  • Pooled Blood (Jack Daniels and Associates; Jack Daniels/Jillian Varela Mysteries #3)
  • Suckers
  • Boilermaker (Jack Daniels and Associates)
  • Paralyzer (Jack Daniels and Associates)
  • Jack on the Rocks (Jack Daniels and Associates)
  • Singapore Sling (Jack Daniels and Associates)
  • Virgin Zombie (Jack Daniels and Associates)
  • Jacked Up! (The Leah Ryan Mysteries)
  • Killer Karma