Start by marking “Hero (Hero, #1)” as Want to Read:

Hero

(Hero #1)

Calvin Parish
I protect.
I ask for nothing in return, and that makes me good.
Doesn’t it?

That which makes me the ultimate predator also feeds dark impulses I’ve learned to control—until I bring her too close. For years I’ve watched her from afar, but what started out as duty has become obsession.

Cataline Ford
I work/>Cataline
Published February 26th 2014

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,114 books — 3,507 voters
Captivated by You by Sylvia DayBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireThe King by J.R. WardCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareRush Too Far by Abbi Glines
Most anticipated books of 2014
2,190 books — 9,690 voters

More lists with this book...

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
It's live!! >> http://amzn.to/1oaKScc <<

4.5 “HERO” STARS

description

Whenever I see the words “dark themes,” “non-con,” “taken,” “captive” etc…it’s like music to my ears. Hey don’t judge! Besides this is for books only *wink* Anyways, I will be frank and say I was a beta reader for this book. Nowadays I rarely beta because instead of reading for my own pleasure, it becomes a job and so<<
4.5
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

4 Original Stars!

Okay so let me just stress how difficult it was for me to wrap my mind around this book. I'm not sure how much to say as I don't want to spoil for anyone, but I will say this. Hero is New Rhone's saviour with the rising crime in the city, and the looming threat that is the cartel, Hero seems to be the towns only salvation. Law enforcement sees him as an annoyance, a vigilante hell bent on showing them up. The public idolises him, he does what Law enforcement has failed to do time and time again.
Akanksha❤ Søren♰

Talk about a shit book.

DNF - Rant time.

Its like the author has read Consequences, Dark Duet and Batman and a little bit of X-Men and decided to mash them up and write this horrendous.. book?

~

Meet Mutant Batman aka Calvin Parish!

**no, he doesn't look that way**

I protect.
I ask for nothing in return, and that makes me good.way**
time.
Its
Clumsy Storyteller
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Dark, Gritty, Twisted stars :D !!

this book is like a sexy version of batman , Calvin Parish ( Hero ) is a superhuero ,New Rhone's saviour but he's a nightmare to Cataline, there's two sides of him, the hero who protect, defend, ask for nothing in return, and there's his dark side , he abused cate many times After kidnapping her for her own safety and then he raped her.......... it was So confusing,

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Adult review for erotic content. Warning : some spoilers will be present.

There are few story crimes greater than the one of wasted potential.

What I expected : Superhero by day. Sadist by night.

What I got : Passing mentions of a superhero by day. Manufactured Stockholm Syndrome by night.

This was dark erotica with no real direction. The book read like Batman fanfiction without the action and suspense. I need to make a superhero shelf atclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Whatpresent.

There ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 DARK STARS

Wow! Hero is unlike anything I have ever read,it was weird!This is an intense book!!It's difficult to tell you what the story is without giving it all away so I will try as much as I can to not spoil..

Cataline had a tough childhood. Her parents were killed in a fire when she was young and she was placed in foster care.She lives a quiet life and she secretly has a crush on her boss at the company she works at but she also daydreams about Hero...
New Rhone’s vigilante.

4 DARK STARS

New Rhone’s vigilante.

description

Cataline’s friend encourages her to step outside of her comfort zone and she wants to try..
Until one night everything changes when she kidnapped and all she thought she knew is shattered...
Cataline does not know who her kidnapper is, but she's determined to find out.
But can she handle who really is her captor?
Can she survive the lies and the secrets?

description

The two main characters are both very determined.
Calvin is sexy,protective and fierce but he's also something else.He is a tortured soul who doesn't believe he needs love and he thinks that he isn't worthy. In the beginning I didn't like him a lot, because he is dark and disturbed. But he is also good and cares a lot for Cataline and that is what make me change my mind. Cataline was determined! She wanted to learn what happened to her and she tried to find a way to escape.
I don't know what to say about the sex scenes...because some of them were really HOT but some of them...was crazy for me and very kinky!
This is a dark romance but it captivated me from the beginning! It was intense with hot and disturbing moments and also there is action!!!
If you like a dark romance with a HERO different from others, then this is what you need!
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-and-twisted
4 Uniquely Twisted Stars

Cataline Ford lives a quiet, uneventful life. She works a normal 9 to 5 job, works out every day, keeps to herself, and doesn't date as she is waiting to meet Mr. Right. Her only indulgence in life is her boss, Calvin, Parish, who doesn't seem to acknowledge her existence.

One night, after heading home from work, Cataline is abducted and taken to a mysterious but elegant home. She doesn't know who took her nor does she know the reason why. Her only hope is that Hero, the town's vigila
Snow
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 twisted strange love stars

this is the first book from this author that I have read...and was very much surprised by the flow of the plot concerning the "nature" of the story.

Dark.
Gritty.
Twisted.
Yet you can find the reasoning within and you do want the closure for yours and the characters' sake.

Cataline

a shy young womansake.

Dark.
Vanessa
4.5 Heroic Stars!!!

So, raise your hand if you've ever secretly crushed on a superhero and wished that they were real and that they would swoop in your window late at night and whisk you away. No? Just me? Lol. Well, now you know my secret fantasy!!

My bare hands have served me well so far. They are my weapons. My skin my shield, my strength, my lifeline, and Cataline, my motivation.

Hero was a bit of a difficult story to wrap my head around at first. It totally stands apart from anything else that I have ever reafantasy!!
Jamie
Jan 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
HERO is a dual POV, standalone erotic novel. WARNING: meant for a mature audience due to dark themes including non- or dubious-consent.

OK.. seriously...

aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -

dnf at 35%
This book is just weird.
First of all it reminds totally of batman not just slightly!

I love all Nolan's batman movies and I sure I can repeat every sentence of all three movies :D
But you don't need to love batman as much as I do to see the similarities like:
- the city the heroine is living is full of criminals just like Gotham city..
- hero is a masked citizen who takes justice in his own hands just like guess who? batman.
- hero lives in a mansion
- and has a butler who calls him master
- and his parents died when he was at a young age.
And suddenly I fe
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
4 SUPERHERO STARS

ARC kindly provided by "Leighton Del Mia" in exchange for an honest review (Thank you for this arc)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

First off this cover was my undoing!! It's pretty damn hot!! My cover hoe radar went off the scales..

Then the words: Dark..Erotic..Standalone..

So I was hooked and landed twice!!

This review will also be without spoilers as I don't want to wreck it for the readers when it's released..

I didn't find it dark as such unless I'm immune to dark shit now, I found this more erotica than anything..

They call
preppea
I know I shouldn’t love this as much as I do. But there’s just something about captivity stories that just hit the right spot for me. It’s dark and wrong and yet in removing all control it’s also just so hot. Especially HERO—this story had the perfect combination of the wrong thing for the right reasons that made me able to love it even as I hated it, crave it even as I rebuked it.

Cataline lost her parents when she was very young and she’s had only the bare minimum ever since. A roof over her h
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I wish I'd written a rage review for this book, because its main characters should've died. I don't suggest reading this book if violently aggressive men, dubious consent, forced sex, anal play/sex, bdsm, and violence, etc. bother you.

Later edit: Upon further contemplation, I've decided this was 1 star for me. The characters didn't draw me in in any way. A good writer can make you sympathize with even a serial killer. I really didn't care about these two. I'd like to reiterate that Calvin is ps
Sara
Sep 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, reviewed
DNF. Sorry, just wasn't for me.
Heroine was naive, stupid and weak. H is an asshole to her and forces her to do things even though he is called the hero in the book, which doesn't seem very fitting!
Jane
I stopped reading at around 40% of the book because I realized how much I hated Calvin more than I was supposed to love him, granted I never did finish the book, I just couldn't take it anymore. He was took dark for me, his actions disturbing and in m opinion unjustifiable to any excuse he had to 'protect' Cataline, who in my opinion was a poor representation of a heroine.

I was too disgusted with Calvin's behaviour, how he never he found himself ashamed of what he has done to Cat, how he violat
Jessy (Jessy's Book Club)
The night he took me from the street, I turned from person to possession. Now I worry that when he entered my body and stole what I wouldn't give him, I became his possession from the inside.

I've been in a 'Dark Read' kind of mood lately and this fitted in just right.

Hero is the story of Cataline Ford. She lives in the city of New Rhone where they have their own resident hero. Sort of, no, just like Batman. He rids the city of thieves, murderers etc. The people of New Rhone don't k
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Genre: Superhero, captive romance.
Cover: 5/10
Writing: 7/10
Heroine: 5/10
Hero: 7/10
Hotness: 7/10
Romance: 7/10
Ending: 8/10
Extra book Details: Dual POV. Approx 280 pages.

Office worker, 22 year old Cataline, has crushes on both Hero and her boss Calvin Parish and unbeknown to her, both are the same man.

Hero takes justice into his own hands, he's done what the NYPD and FBI can't, taken out one of the big guys.

While Calvin Parish is a private man, almost intimidating, grim and also Cataline's/>Extra/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>
Eni
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, wtf, mindf-ck
3.5-4 stars

When i finished this book,i didn't know how to rate it.I was between 3 stars and 4 stars.
Why ??

Well because while i was reading it,sometimes i felt like meh...

But then sometimes i felt like:

In the end i'm giving it 4 stars.
m.
Jul 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF at 36%

I was never a big fan of superheroes. I'm probably a minority here, but big men in tight spandex costumes wearing masks and trying to save the world from all evil just really don't turn me on.

--Unless you're Chris Hemsworth saving the world in a Thor suit -- or nothing at all for that matter, but that's beside the point. I can make an exception for Chris Hemsworth. But only for him.

The truth it, I probably wouldn't have read this book had I known beforehand it was about a "supe
readtoomuch
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was ok

I'm disappointed because I thought I would have enjoyed this more than I actually did since the blurb and the premise of the story sounded interesting (to me). Unfortunately, I didn't feel any kind of connection to any of the characters so the most emotion I expressed were raised eyebrows at one point during the book.
Kei • fiction court •
Jan 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
The book:
description
If Batman was an asshole that is.

Me:
Hell no!
Eda**
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites

Why do I crave his approval, his affection? Why do I want to hold the hand that holds me down? Kiss a mouth that calls me “slut”? And why does being his little slut excite me to the point of losing all my inhibitions? (…) I’m just his prisoner, but he’s my captor, my monster, and my hope all rolled into one.
>>CATALINE

I’m her own personal monster, but tonight, admitting it to myself for the first time, I want to be her hero.
>>CALVIN

You see, there is a reason for why I love Dark Erotica: You have an inner struggle with yo
Millie
Mar 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Take a blender. Mix Batman (Nolan's one) and a french movie called Les rivières pourpres 2: Les anges de l'Apocalypse and you got Hero.

You know, when you read a blurb and think "that book looks AWESOME" and then you read the actual book and you're like "WTF this is not what I read from the blurb", this book is one of them. BOOKS WITH BLURBS THAT ATTRACTIVE YOU WANT TO READ THEM RIGHT NOW AND YOU END SO DISAPPOINTED YOU WANT TO SUE
Sanja
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is not usually my type of book..the dark romance novels the whole stockholm syndrome thing I Don't Get It..but after reading the blurb something drew me to the story.

Calvin Parish
I protect.
I ask for nothing in return, and that makes me good.
Doesn’t it?

After this anybody would be hooked!
Hero was a bit of a difficu
Chelsea
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, boring-read
At first, I was excited and curious about this book. Imagine, erotic novel with super hero theme... nice huh? Unfortunately, as opposed to most people, I find this story dull. In fact it's not even exciting at all.

There were a couple of times where I was really tempted to just drop this, but still read on hoping for some improvement. However, in this case, it's null.

Action wise - nah...
Mind fuck - nah...
Dark read - nah...
Character development - nah...
Okay eve
Michelle Schwartz
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!!!
Oh my goodness! This has to be one of the best reads, as of late for me. In my opinion, HERO is a modern day Beauty and the Beast. Some may even say that it's a modern day Batman.

I do not want to give away too much, so I will say as much as I can, without spoilers.

Calvin Parish runs Parish media in a small town called New Rhonan. Cataline Ford works as Calvin's personal assistant at Parish Media. Cataline does not know much about him, but she does know that she sexy and s
E. Mellyberry
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
In a mathematical equation, Hero = Consequences + Q + (Batman - Batmobile) + 1/2 Arrow + Clark Kent's glasses
And Ta-da! we got ourselves a Calvin Parrish.
I'm far from complaining here. Well, maybe a bit over the lack of Batmobile... and that cover ...

This is an enjoyable ride, ladies, not too dark and not too deep, just the way I like it.
I couldn't help loving Norman to the point of me hurting myself and kept imagining Michael Caine's face as his, speaking so gently in his Br
Jinx
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
He's like Batman... Well, if Batman was into kinky-fuckery that is. The idea I got from reading the blurb and the actual story being told aren't one in the same. Going into to this I thought for sure is was just another captive story but it wasn't.

Calvin was fucking delusional. He was malicious and continuously contradicted himself. He kept reassuring her that he wouldn't her hurt or make her do anything that she didn't want him to do but then turns around and forces himself on her.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Kindle Lending (T...: Looking for Hero by Leighton Del Mia 2 29 Mar 02, 2014 07:04AM

• My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Target This
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • The Good Girl
  • Monster (Monster, #1)
  • Deliver (Deliver, #1)
  • Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3)
  • The Decimation of Mae (Blue Butterfly #1)
  • Invincible (The Trident Code, #1)
  • Beyond Ransom (Ransom, #1)
  • Yes, Master
  • Underestimated Too (Underestimated, #2)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Therapist
  • Angels in Leather (Rebels on Bikes, #1)

Hero (2 books)
  • Keep Me (Hero, #1.5)
“If you’re thinking of flying, Sparrow, know that I will catch you. There is no escape. Fly until your wings fall off, until there's no more sky, but I will find you. I will always find you.” 13 likes
“You broke me,” I say just above a whisper. “And nobody can put me back together but you.” 9 likes