Start by marking “First Christmas (Nature of Desire, #7.3)” as Want to Read:
First Christmas (Nature of Desire, #7.3)

First Christmas

(Nature of Desire #7.3)

This is a free novella revisiting the characters from the Nature of Desire series, specifically Rough Canvas, Book 6. It is posted on Joey W. Hill's website under http://storywitch.com/series-cantrips. Two volumes containing ALL the novella and short story character revisits written through 2016 are available for sale in ebook and print, but you can scroll below Cantrips 1 ...more
Published December 23rd 2013 by http://www.jwhconnection.com/

Baba
4.5 I-want-to-hug-Marcus stars!****Review completed December 30, 2013

photo 0147416a-0b88-4c13-b283-5f5dd02dd507_zps90d84d29.png

Marcus is not enthused to celebrate Christmas and he's pulling away more and more. Considering his past, it doesn't come as a surprise, though. However, by doing so he is also hurting Thomas. But Thomas is determined to render their first Christmas as a married couple unforgettable.

Well, you are in your forties now. Some decay is expected. Don't forget, before Christmas Eve dinner with my mother, you have to practice not usin
Susan
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

Wow.

I feel like I held my breath that entire time...it was so...intense...and gorgeous...and romantic...and heartachingly loving.

I'm not big on D/s books as many of you know. Rough Canvas was pretty much the only one I've ever enjoyed and I was captivated by it for so many reasons besides and including the BDSM elements. So, though I'd almost never choose to read the subject matter, I couldn't NOT read this. It is Marcus and Thomas after all. And aside from the minor irritation with "master" /
Sheri
Feelz.
Have mercy, this was lots and lots of feelz. I haven’t quite figured out how Hill possesses the ability to cause such extreme emotional overload with her stories. Especially when she conquered it this time in only a few dozen pages…..
but damn, she played her trump card here.
This gift was intense, passionate, intense, powerful and intense!

In all honesty, I’m not sure why I’m so surprised.
Their story burned me the first time around; left me scarred with their memory. I was hoping for a r
Eva
As expected...INSANELY GOOD!

Beautiful Christmas...

Marcus and Thomas ...

Their love is beautiful, real and so fiercely emotional. I love these men to pieces!

Things got quiet and intense as Marcus put one hand over Thomas’s, linked fingers and squeezed, message received. That eased the harder edge to his expression. But not too much, thank God. When Thomas brought those linked hands down, it was to kiss Marcus’s. It was his left hand, so he put his lips over Marcus’s wedding ring, kissing it rev
~IreneOust~
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing

What a fantastic short featuring my favorite M/M couple!

photo e34008ce-8739-491e-adf8-1de9e4240232_zps3c8f1c2c.jpg
Glamdring
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
“Would it be easier to spend Christmas without me?” Marcus asked, his voice neutral.
“In your current mood, yes. But no. Because easier doesn’t mean better. I’m starting to get what the better or worse thing means. I’d rather spend my worse day in the world with you than the best day without you. Because it wouldn’t be the best day if you weren’t there.  I just…I feel like we’re just making one another miserable, me wanting you to do Christmas shit, and you so not wanting to do it.”
“So you’re try
Dαɴιjα
After loving Rough Canvas as much as I did -- as much as I do -- it comes as no surprise when I say what I loved most about this vignette was EVERYTHING.

This little peek into Marcus and Thomas's life after Rough Canvas, seeing them as a married couple was a perfect follow-up on one of my favorite couples ever. It just reminded me why I love them, why I loved their book, why Joey W. Hill is one of my favorite authors, and why I think Rough Canvas is her masterpiece.

This story was beautiful. Hot
SueC
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved it!

It was the perfect visit with two characters that I adore.

This vignette delivers the same emotional depth and electric intensity that kept me entranced in Rough Canvas.

There's the same presence from both characters but the added material highlights their (Marcus more than Thomas) continued efforts to build a life together.

Who would have thought?! ;)

Emma Sea
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Emma Sea by: Virginia
What a perfect Xmas followup to Rough Canvas: hot sex and the joining of two souls. Absolutely lovely.
Geri Reads
Dec 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I love this delightful vignette of Thomas and Marcus' first Christmas together. It's wonderful to see both of them settling in as a married couple and even more wonderful to get a glimpse of Thomas' family accepting their relationship. Marcus' story was just heartbreaking.

Loved it!
Isabel
Hummmmm!!! I love it! I love Marcus! I want more Marcus, please!!!
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
DEAR LORD, I WANT MY OWN MARCUS!

OMG MORE MARCUS! MORE MARCUS!!! IN LOVE!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!

LOVED IT!
Shannon The Show Stopper
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"I'm at your mercy everyday, Master."

"Then, as far as I'm concerned, every fucking day is Christmas, pet."

Merry Christmas! Getting this story for Christmas is one of the things that made it Merry for me! Marcus and Thomas will always be two of my favorite characters ever. No matter what I read. They exist in my heart and I will always love them. Since I personally have so many traditions about Christmas this story really touched my heart.

Not only do we get to experience their first Christmas
Barbara
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Barbara by: Isabel
Shelves: plus-gr-stars, wow
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
I don't think I'll ever get enough of these two! I may have just discovered this little short story, but Marcus and Thomas delivered Christmas in March for me!!

---------------------------------------------

3/21/2014
WHY am I just seeing this?!?!?!

description
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Joey Hill sucker punched me again! She truly is the Queen of Angst and I love it! She can construct characters that are so three dimensional that I actually become attached to them. I miss them and find myself re-reading some of her books. It's not that she fleshes out the characters and their relationships so magnificently, others do that well too but, she creates their entire world-their friends, their families or lack thereof, their pasts, their idiosyncrasies, the music they listen to, every ...more
Bev
MORE, MORE, MORE...I want more stories about the one and only Marcus Stanton and his absolutely head-over-heels in love husband Thomas. Not many people would have put up with being treated the way Marcus treated Thomas, but somehow Thomas knew that some of it was a defence mechanism on Marcus' part in view of his dreadful past, and Thomas loved him so much, he was prepared to overlook things that would've broken other men/couples. I can only hope and pray that Joey will take pity on her M & ...more
Sara
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"To the family of my past,” he said, then lifted his gaze to Thomas. “For the family of my present and future. Merry Christmas, Thomas."

Daww. This was pure and lovely. Marcus and Thomas are still so wonderful together. A delight to share their first Christmas together. I so would love to see that picture Marcus has framed at work.
Jaycee
A much anticipated and truly excellent update in the lives of my favourite couple in all of romance!

And Christmas to boot! You can't do better than Joey W. Hill AND Christmas, unless its Marcus and Thomas at Christmas!

OOOh and I do believe we may have been given a glimpse of the next NoD story???? (she said hopefully...)
Jenni
Marcus and Thomas at Christmas, doing what Marcus and Thomas do best. If you know what I mean.

It was a touch angsty, and, God, I'm sorry y'all, but maybe a little over-sexed. Still, enjoyable overall.

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Their love is beautiful, real and so fucking emotional I love them. I love these men! Joey W. Hill thank you for this little bit of Joy that is Marcus and Thomas!
Ayanna
The first part is mostly sex. The last part, though, definitely gets to that magically profound sense of awe that Rough Canvas managed to grasp.

As usual, Marcus, oh, Marcus, is ever so tragic, but Thomas is there to help remind him it's okay to fall apart and he's there to help patch up the cracks and pieces.

The revelations and epiphanies in this are quite amazing I feel it, you know. That sense of what Christmas is about, that magical, intangible feeling as to why humans bother celebrate a hol
Moira
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Marcus and Thomas from Rough Canvas. Celebrating their first Christmas together, only Marcus has Christmas issues. Much can be accomplished with love, understanding and a little kick in the pants.
Join the jwh connection forum and read this beautiful story.
DKristin
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Delightful!!!
Rene' Hurt
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great Christmas story. Love and family is what Christmas is about.
Maria
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Marcus & Thomas are beautiful together! <3
I love them both and was moved reading about their 1st Christmas together!!

5 memorable stars to add to their tree!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Excellent short story of Thomas and Marcus in their new home for their first Christmas. Though it was a short, this story had everything -- Thomas and Marcus in BDSM scenes, with Thomas' family and plans to go to Marcus' family for the New Years holiday, follow-up on the cast of secondary characters we met in the first book, and most important of all, a look at the deep and abiding love these men have for each other. The icing on the cake is that the author made me cry when they hung the tree to ...more
Elizabetta

Marcus and Thomas’ first Christmas together as a married couple. And a holiday separation with get-back-together sex. Nice.

Thomas and Marcus are wonderfully sexy and complicated just like this holiday short. Thomas has decorated their home, their families are coming over, he wants everything to be perfect. But Christmas is a tough holiday for someone like Marcus, and Thomas just wants to bring him into the light a little more.

Yeah, I can read about these guys anytime, anywhere, anyhow. I sure wi
Ericka Ivonne
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorite-couples
What a delightful story! I stil cannot get enough Marcus!!!
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
More Marcus and Thomas OMFG!!! *squeaks* ....

• Life Drawing
  • The Boy Who Belonged (Boy, #2)
  • Screw the Fags (Screwing the System, #1.5)
  • As He Watches
  • Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 9
  • Apartment 1209
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5)
  • Shopping & Fucking (The Administration, #3.8)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2)
  • Training Complex (Training Season, #2)
  • Safeword (Power Exchange, #2)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Fettered
  • Slave Hunt (The Subs Club, #5)
"BDSM Romance for the Heart & Soul"

Winner of the RT Book Reviews Career Achievement award, Joey W. Hill has published over forty contemporary and paranormal BDSM erotic romances, including six series. Her emotionally-intense love stories offer everything from vampires, mermaids, witches and angels, to boardroom executives, cops and simple housemaids.

Free excerpts from all her works are availa

Nature of Desire (10 books)
  • Holding the Cards (Nature of Desire, #1)
  • Natural Law (Nature of Desire, #2)
  • Ice Queen (Nature of Desire, #3)
  • Mirror of My Soul (Nature of Desire, #4)
  • Mistress of Redemption (Nature of Desire, #5)
  • Rough Canvas (Nature of Desire, #6)
  • Branded Sanctuary (Nature of Desire, #7)
  • Divine Solace (Nature of Desire, #8)
  • Worth the Wait (Nature of Desire, #9)
  • Truly Helpless (Nature of Desire, #10)