Start by marking “Fawn Brown” as Want to Read:
Fawn Brown

Fawn Brown

Everyone remembers the tale of Snow White and her wicked stepmother. No-one remembers Fawn Brown, the other princess, who made the fairy tale happen.

Fawn Brown grew up in the shadow of her half-sister, Snow White. Daughter of the King and his second wife Margaretha, Fawn lacked Snow’s beauty and her position as heir to the throne. Fawn’s lot was to wait timidly in the back
Published 2013 by Amazon Kindle

To ask other readers questions about Fawn Brown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fawn Brown

Marquise
What if Snow White had a sister, who also happened to be the true heroine? That's the premise of this short and lovely retelling, told from Fawn Brown's point of view and with her as the real force behind the familiar events of the tale, with the additional twist that here it's Snow the brat.

It's rather short and leaves one wishing for more content, but on account of its strengths and the originality of the premise, I'm awarding it the full highest rating. The writer is especially good at charac
Jennifer Sutton
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
an excellent short novel, my only complaint was I wish it was longer! I felt it could go much further and be explored more, but it didn't damage the story! Very enjoyable!
Melody Winter
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this quick read based on a very popular fairy story. Zoe fed her own character, Fawn Brown, into the story with remarkable ease - entwining the new character so effortlessly into what we all know and love.

I will be looking for other books by Zoe McAuley, as she has left me impressed and hungry for more.

Excellent!
Heather
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's a long time since I read a fairy tale, this was a really well written variation on Snow White.
It was clever, with many twists I think I preferred it to the original :)
Melody
Mar 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Listened on a car ride with others. It was okay...a little bitter. Makes Snow White look bad, but I was never a fan of hers anyway.
Karen Roth
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cool little Novella about the possibility of Snow White as a Queen and having a half sister Fawn Brown who had a slight chance of t a king Snow's place on the Throne.
Michele
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
This was very good. A fascinating take on the very old fairytale of Snow White.
Kirsten Davis
Janet
Oct 20, 2014
Fiona Cuming
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An old tale with a new twist.

This book transported me to a magical land.
The descriptive language the author has used is truly inspirational. The story gripped from start to finish. The only downside was the shortness , we can only hope there will be more to come.
Nikki