Start by marking “It Ain't Over . . . Till It's Over: Reinventing Your Life--and Realizing Your Dreams--Anytime, at Any Age” as Want to Read:

From Marlo Thomas, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Right Words at the Right Time, comes a one-of-a-kind collection of inspiring stories about ordinary women who have reinvented themselves in extraordinary ways.

“You can be anything you want to be.” “Reach for the moon.” “It’s never too late to make a change.” We’ve heard it all. But anyone who has ever tried
Audio CD, 9 pages
Published April 8th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published April 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about It Ain't Over . . . Till It's Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Ain't Over . . . Till It's Over

Ellen Christian
Jun 04, 2014 Ellen Christian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book for my honest review.

I loved learning more about the women featured in this book. I found their stories very motivational because after seeing the obstacles that they overcame, it made me feel more confident about overcoming mine. They weren’t rich, famous women. They were everyday people just like you and me – suburban moms, teachers, women who struggled to pay their bills and get ahead. I loved learning more about each woman but probably felt the most connection
Marta
Aug 02, 2014 Marta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wish two stars didn't seem like an insult-okay really isn't the same as bad. Marlo Thomas' idea to collect inspirational stories from women in their mid-life is an admirable one and the world can probably use more true life stories that inspire hope and optimism. What's missing are practical pull out points or other ways to use the book for learning or reflection. It feels a bit like the diet stories in Self magazine- without the helpful hints side bar. Very pleasant, yet not a lot to hold a r ...more
Terri
Jul 07, 2015 Terri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"It Ain't Over...Till It's Over...Reinventing Your Life - and Realizing Your Dreams - Anytime, at Any Age" (2014), edited by Marlo Thomas, is a collection of true stories about women of all ages forced, or inspired, to make dramatic changes in their lives. All of them, despite the odds and challenges, were eventually successful. All of their stories demonstrate the characteristics that determine success, according to Paul Tough, author of "How Children Succeed" like grit, optimism, curiosity, se ...more
Dee
Sep 07, 2014 Dee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not the kind of book I would typically read, but something about it made me pick it up off the library's "new reads" shelf. The book is very straight forward: dozens of accounts of women who have taken set-backs and turned them into triumph by starting new businesses, going off on new adventures, or giving of themselves in new ways. I found every story inspiring! A lot of these women had every reason to give up and they didn't. Many formed companies I know of or would like to know about. ...more
Theresa
Jul 17, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The great thing about this book is that you can pick it up and put it down at any time because the individual stories of the 60 women are each about 5 pages long. Many of these women are of average means who follow their dreams and do things like creating healthy snacks (now sold at Trader Joe's) or follow their passion of painting and become quite successful. I wish some of the photos were directed a little better at each individual's success. That is my only real criticism. The book is very up ...more
Lynetta
Aug 17, 2014 Lynetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BE ENCOURAGED

Too much time is wasted on worrying about outcomes when success lies at the end of action rather than inaction. It Ain't Over is full of warm stories to encourage connecting with our purpose (passion, calling). There is a familiarity in each of the stories to remind us of what is important in life and how much more wonderful life can be be when we are aligned to our purpose, our calling, our passion. After searching the world over, one only has to listen to the summons from within.
Anne
I wanted to like this book more because I love Marlo Thomas. Some of the stories resonated, others not so much. I think they all were inspiring to varying degrees. My favorite was the Layla Fanucci, music teacher who became successful artist, but maybe this is because of my art interest. I looked up the Jamie James cellfolio, and it appears she has already sold this business and the product is no longer available. I can't really say why, but this turned me off about the product, and consequently ...more
Lilly Dean
Aug 07, 2014 Lilly Dean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a 25 year old female and I still found this book very relatable. It was inspiring, although more so a reminder to all women that it is never too late to follow a dream or make a new one.

I agree that these short stories should be read a little at a time or they all start to sound the same. Also, because they are short they are just the surface of the struggles and successes.

But I read this book for the reminder of what I am capable of. Not a step by step guide of how to be successful. So I
Patrice
This book is a collection of stories of mid-life changes. Each story is only a few pages long and some are quite inspiring. One middle aged woman looks at straws and asks herself why they don't come in more colors? So she finds a way to manufacture drinking straws in many different colors and becomes a multi-millionaire. Multiply that story by maybe 100 and you have this book. I got about 3/4 through before I said "enough", it's over.
Toni Daugherty
At first this book caused me to feel super motivated! Then, story after story, its novelty wore off and I started to disbelieve the successes. Even the non-successes were portrayed through rose-colored glasses which was a bit of a turnoff. I DID love how the author had women in their mid-life which is why the stories warrant a read.
Mina De Caro (Mina's Bookshelf)
"Some women are afraid of change. Others thrive on it." A collection of inspirational stories about personal reinvention that was truly worth reading. Read my full review on MINA'S BOOKSHELF http://minadecaro.blogspot.com/2014/0... and MISS A http://askmissa.com/2014/07/10/review...
Kristy
Feb 02, 2016 Kristy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each chapter is a different persons story of how they changed their life, pursued a dream, or started a business. Most were well over the age of 40 and some into retirement age. I thought it was very interesting and inspiring.
Parri
Oct 08, 2014 Parri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some very inspiring stories of women reinventing themselves. A few stories didn't do much for me, but there were several that I found truly inspiring. Now my wheels are spinning as to how I can stop working for "the man" and create something of my own!
Sandra Kinzer
Some cute vignettes, but I’d rather hear a longer memoir from an individual woman. Not these two-page life summaries. Too many business-y stories… apparently everyone’s inner dream is to start a business?
Gabrielle
Jul 05, 2015 Gabrielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely recommend this book for any women who is in a mid-life crisis. There are so many great stories in there and wonderful inspiration.
Biba
Mar 25, 2015 Biba rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, 2014
This book really encouraged me to never give up. I could relate to these women because I too am reinventing my life and realizing my dream.
Katie
Dec 11, 2014 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book to read a little at a time. Like at breakfast each morning. love to hear about women who have made their dreams come true.
Kelli
Oct 15, 2015 Kelli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had very inspiring stories about women who made changes in their lives. Each had some pivotal moment that steered them in a new direction. Very inspiring!
Sarah Ewald
Jul 07, 2014 Sarah Ewald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring collection of anecdotes by Marlo Thomas. This is required reading for when you get the 'down in the dumps', ' woe is me' days. The best is yet to come...
Tricia
Skimmed it...inspiring I'm sure, but made me feel a tad inadequate and a bit of a lazybones! Not sure I'd recommend it!
Martha
Jan 24, 2015 Martha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If it weren't so formulaic it would be a stronger read. But, it's fun to see how other women faced the unexpected forks in the road of life.
Rosalyn
Feb 29, 2016 Rosalyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very helpful to many of us who feel there is more to life than we have already lived. A good read! Five stars!
Suzanne
Interesting, invigorating, inspiring stories!! Now to find a niche of renewal for myself some day...
Cathymw
Jan 17, 2015 Cathymw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: living
Good to read all of the inspiring stories. A little bit of how-to would have been helpful, but that doesn't seem to be the aim of the book.
Lana
Apr 09, 2015 Lana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another inspiring book from That Girl, Marlo Thomas. It is full of stories about women reinventing their life after 40 and beyond.
Tori Sodek
Jun 13, 2014 Tori Sodek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the individual stories and loved the fact that I could read one or two each night and feel inspired! Very uplifting.
Karen
Jun 05, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not much substance...just a lot a very quick stories and not really getting into what and how they got motivated to make a change.
Nate Marcel
Nate Marcel rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Natalie Conway
Natalie Conway rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
June
June rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Wisdom We're Born With: Restoring Our Faith in Ourselves
  • Inside the Disney Marketing Machine: In the Era of Michael Eisner and Frank Wells
  • Soul Contracts: How You Can Identify, Master, and Release the Hidden Blocks in Your Life
  • Change Me Prayers: The Hidden Power of Spiritual Surrender
  • The Price of a Dream: The Story of the Grameen Bank
  • Depression and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers
  • Unladylike: A Memoir
  • The Do's and Don'ts
  • It's Never Too Late
  • Spiritual Simplicity: How Loving More Means Doing Less
  • The Dolphin Way: A Parent's Guide to Raising Healthy, Happy, and Motivated Kids--Without Turning into a Tiger
  • Pushing to the Front or Success Under Difficulties
  • EFT and Tapping for Beginners: The Essential Eft Manual to Start Relieving Stress, Losing Weight, and Healing
  • ACT with Love: Stop Struggling, Reconcile Differences, and Strengthen Your Relationship with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
  • Four Wings and a Prayer: Caught in the Mystery of the Monarch Butterfly
  • Love Among the Bookshelves
  • The Energies of Love: Using Energy Medicine to Keep Your Relationship Thriving
  • While the Gods Were Sleeping: A Journey Through Love and Rebellion in Nepal