Start by marking “Eternity (Infinity Ring, #8)” as Want to Read:
Eternity (Infinity Ring, #8)

Eternity (Infinity Ring #8)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  581 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
The New York Times bestselling series returns . . . and so does Matt de la Pena!

Dak, Sera, and Riq have fixed the Great Breaks in history . . . but the SQ isn't beaten yet, and the biggest, boldest Infinity Ring adventure of all time has just begun!
Published August 26th 2014 by Scholastic Inc. (first published August 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternity

NVTony
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wondered how this series would be improved upon. Author did not disappoint. Characters remained robust and conclusion was excellent use of writers skills. Hope this is just the beginning of another adventure.
Adam Aufderheide
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I think this is overall a good series. the Books 1-7 were fun, smart, and worth a read. this book was disapionting. the 7th book had a good ending to the series and this was just a bad plot. they most likely made this book to make money, as if the series did not already bring in enough. this book was confusing beyond the amount of confusion a book recomended around ages 7-12. the 7th book wrapped the series up nicely where they fixed all the breaks. if you want to read this series (if so, this i ...more
Oda Renate
ugh UGH UGH!
this book was
boring
unnessasary
conveluted
just all around bad.
The 7th book should have been the last one.
Bill Tillman
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eternity

I could not get over the first half of this book. The thousands of clones were too much for me, and yes I was snooker in not suspecting the red heads manipulating of history again.
Rose
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great. Although I found the start of this quite confusing at first, I was unsuspecting, and oblivious to what was happening, all the better when everything was revealed. This book is amazing, and a stunning conclusion to the Infinity Ring series, done brilliantly.
Alex Hugie
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
MATT DE LA PENA

Considering I hadn't read any other books in this series and that it felt a bit closer to middle grade than YA, I thought it was a pretty enjoyable novel. Dak, Riq, and Sera are time travelers who stop Breaks in the time continuum--moments where other time infiltrators try to change the course of history. In this final adventure, they find themselves leaping everywhere from Galileo's trial to 9th century China to the launch of the first Russian space rocket in order to prevent the
MariayiahS(A3)
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
April Patigas
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Vicki
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why do series have to end!! So good. I guess I need to go on to something else now.
Shannon
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing ending to an Amazing series...
Hannah Russell
They should have ended it with number seven. Everything was wrapped up with a bow, and I even felt the horrible series was a bit redeemed. Then this happened.

It didn't just have a few plot holes. It's plot Swiss cheese. And the entire Galileo thing was laughably ridiculous.

They built a new villain, and a completely new conflict just to make an eighth book? Yeah...kind of.

Really bad.
Jenn
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parts of this were good which is why I'm giving it a three star rating, but I stand by my opinion stated in the previous book. This story reached its arc in book seven and book eight was not only unnecessary, but the sort of addition to the series that twists the plot in a negative way in order to elongate a series that was apparently making money for somebody.

I'm not even going to get started on all the contradictions this books made on prior books like Sera not knowing scientific things while
Taylor Payne
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: eng-420
MATT DE LA PENA

So I DIDN'T FINISH this book. So take points off Dr. Crowe :) But, I didn't realize that this book was part of some weird series where different authors write different books. Other authors in the series include James Dashner, Carrie Ryan, Matthew Kirby, Lisa McMann, and Jennifer A. Nielsen. That was weird. I didn't realize there were series like that, but I guess that "Infinity Ring" isn't the only one. There is also "39 Clues" and "Spirit Animals". So, because this was part of a
Lorie
Apr 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dak and Sera find different ways of readjusting to normal life after their final time traveling adventure to fix breaks in history. Dak is happily taking it easy in his backyard hammock and Sera is working on tachyon fluid experiments when their peace is interrupted by another series of events that prove their work is not done yet. This mission threatens to tear apart their friendship.

Eternity is the 8th book in the Infinity Ring Series and even though there are seven books before it a reader wh
Paula
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this installment of the “Infinity Ring” series, “Dak” and “Sera” time travel to prevent inventions and theories that cause destruction and war. Unfortunately, they are clones working for an evil faction headed by Tilda. Their actions and plotting cause a rift and distrust between the real Dak and Sera as they travel to ancient China, Rome and Massachusetts to prevent the invention of gunpowder, the imprisonment of Galileo and the future of rocket science. It is when the actual Dak and Sera tr ...more
Barbara
Just when you think the Infinity Ring series has come to a satisfying conclusion, here comes another book that shows that there is more adventure for the time-traveling heroes Dak Smyth and Sera Froste. In this title, the two end up back in time where they make well-intended changes that will have bad results and may lead to one of their former rivals winning everything. With the help of Rik and a mysterious dog, the two go back in time again, to three specific points, and right the wrongs that ...more
Lisa Brown
Leaving Riq in the past, Dak and Sera return to the present having fixed all the breaks in time. However, the SQ has been at it still, and when crazy things start happening (like a flying dinosaur in modern times), the kids know something is wrong. Teaming up with Riq again, they have to thwart the issues for good, or it may truly prove to be the end of the world.

A really fun way to end the series. And really, it was a great series for kids - especially 3-6th grade. Lots of history mixed with sc
Yapha
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just when they thought they had saved the world, Riq, Dak, & Sera and thrown into a bigger mess than ever before. As we learned at the end of book 7, Tilda has escaped Ancient Rome. She has founded a new organization, AB, to continue her life's work. Can Dak & Sera figure out what is going on before it is too late? You absolutely must read the other books in the series first, or this won't make any sense at all. Grades 3 & up.
david y biblioflick
Feb 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: must-buy
there's something missing, The Iron Empire is a good conclusion to series but this... opened a new series but it is the CONCLUSION to the Infinity series... just disappointed
Karsyn
Meh. It should have ended with the last book. Didn't like this one at all, but I think part of it might have been the narrator. Bottom 10 of narrators ever. His regular speaking voice was fine, but he did this high pitched voice (for a boy, made no sense) that was AWFUL. Ruined the experience of the book.
Ace Balwayan
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
The idea of having time/history messed up by Tilda is great. Plus Seras and Daks from alternative dimensions. The ending... wtf. I had to read it over and over again. How did they solve the problem again? Back to rereading the last few chapters. I was like.. yeah OK. I still didn't understand. Worst book of the series tbh.
Sue
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The conclusion of the series. In the prologue Dak is struggling with his seatbelt in a space capsule. What does this have to do with his current life, is he experiencing a Remnant ? Dak and Sera have traveled back in time and caused new breaks. Can they undo the destruction they have caused?
Kaelyn Grant
Mar 28, 2015 rated it liked it
The idea of continuing the series was a good one, but the delivery left much to be desired. The writing style bugged me - jumping forward and backward in the narrative. I was glad to finally know what SQ stood for. But I wish they had told me in book 7 and left the wrap up from that book.
Elizabeth
Apr 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
Worst ending to a series. Horribly written, the whole thing was disjointed, poorly edited, and felt like the roughest of rough drafts. End the series at book seven and continue the story in your own mind. This ruined the series for me.
Amy
Aug 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, school
This was my least favorite in the series. The previous book gave a very satisfying conclusion to the story. I did like the added information about what happened after the prime break was fixed, but this book gave me more questions than answers!
Thames
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome
Dak and Sera met Doubles of themselves that are from other universes.

I liked the book because it has alot to do about history and science which I like.

I don't know how Tilda got a dimension travelling device.
Ari Bruening
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fun story that keeps you guessing, but you really have to suspend disbelief because there are several points that just don't make sense or are circular. For example, why does fixing a break in the past fix it forever, when your enemy can just go back in time and cause the break again?
Adrienne Pettinelli
Listened to this one for AudioFile. Totally fun. Dion Graham narrates it, and he's becoming one of my favorite narrators. Really energetic and dynamic. I wish he'd start doing performances of boring things I have to read like tax rules and Robert's Rules of Order and State Comptroller guides.
Katey
Jun 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Still don't really understand why they decided to add another book to the series(view spoiler). Other than that it was a fun book along the same vein as the others if a little more fantastical.
Powder River Rose
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series for all ages really but great history lessons for ages 8-18. This new book continues on from book 7. As always the narrator is great. This time set in both the present and the past. Enjoy.
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring, #6)
  • Cave of Wonders (Infinity Ring, #5)
  • The Iron Empire (Infinity Ring, #7)
  • The River of No Return (Jaguar Stones, #3)
  • The Dragonfly Effect (The Hypnotists, #3)
  • Valley of Kings (TombQuest, #3)
  • Fortuna
  • The Golden Vendetta (The Copernicus Legacy, #3)
  • The Trap Door (Infinity Ring, #3)
  • The Buccaneer's Apprentice (The Cassaforte Chronicles, #2)
  • Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2)
  • Navajo Code Talkers
  • Mysterious Messages: A History of Codes and Ciphers
  • The Hound of the Baskervilles (Graphic Revolve)
  • A Dubious Curse (Colton Banyon Mysteries, #8)
  • Gabriella and the Curse of the Black Spot (NuGen, #2)
  • Immortal Guardians (Spirit Animals: Fall of the Beasts, #1)
  • Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #4)
Matt de la Peña is the New York Times best-selling, Newbery-medal-winning author of six young adult novels and four picture books. Matt received his MFA in creative writing from San Diego State University and his BA from the University of the Pacific, where he attended school on a full athletic scholarship for basketball. de la Peña currently lives in Brooklyn, NY. He teaches creative writing and ...more
More about Matt de la Pena

Infinity Ring (8 books)
  • A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring, #1)
  • Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2)
  • The Trap Door (Infinity Ring, #3)
  • Curse of the Ancients (Infinity Ring #4)
  • Cave of Wonders (Infinity Ring, #5)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring, #6)
  • The Iron Empire (Infinity Ring, #7)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“All Sera could do was shake her head. "Please understand, Dak. The only reason the older me is walking so close to the older you is because there's not a whole lot else to choose from."
"Whatever you say," Dak told her. "Come here, let's hook our arms together and see if it's a good fit."
"Gross," Sera said. "I'd rather make out with my dog.”
0 likes
“That's what happened to my parents' barn? A dinosaur stepped on it?
- Dak”