Start by marking “Huckleberry Christmas (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #3)” as Want to Read:
Huckleberry Christmas (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #3)

Huckleberry Christmas

(The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill #3)

Now that they've happily married off two of their grandchildren, Anna and Felty Helmuth are ready for their next matchmaking challenge. What better way to celebrate the most heartwarming of seasons--and make Huckleberry Hill, Wisconsin, the place for unexpected love. . .

Published October 7th 2014 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2014)

Rhonda
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Caroling in the snow and a hayride with hot cocoa....what could be better? It sounds like the perfect Christmas celebration to me! Beth and Tyler are Mammi Anna's latest matchmaking pair as Mammi is sure that they belong together but there's a problem. Beth endured an emotionally abusive husband and she does not feel that she can trust another man not to treat her the same way or worse. Tyler is in love with her and proposes but she turns him down. Beth has found a way to provide for her and her ...more
Carole Jarvis
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed at The Power of Words: http://tinyurl.com/np5468v

I am so glad to have discovered the writing of Jennifer Beckstrand because reading one of her books is pure pleasure. In fact, I can hardly read without a smile on my face. This is the third novel of Jennifer's that I've read, and I find her writing very refreshing and enjoyable. Filled with charming characters, sweet romance, and gentle humor, Huckleberry Christmas captured my interest from the first page as I was transported to the Huck
Dianne
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books
This is one of the better Amish Romance series out there, especially if you are not interested in books that preach to you. This series contains just the perfect blending of humor, romance, religion and deep feelings for your fellow man. I am a non-believer and I just love this series. I am never made to feel preached to but I do get a greater understanding of the bible the way the Amish understand it.

This book follows the general recipe that the previous books have set up. We have the Helmuth's
Andrea Guy
This is one of the sweetest Amish romances that you'll ever read. Anna Helmuth is quite the matchmaker and this time she's planning on getting her granddaughter, Beth hooked up with Tyler Yoder, who was jilted by his last choice of bride.

Our hero and heroine are both a bit shy of marriage/love. Beth is out of an abusive relationship, not only with her departed husband, but also her inlaws. As you discover more and more about her husband Amos and his mom and brothers, you can't help but feel terr
Barbara
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wish there were more Anna's in the world!! Maybe there would be a lower divorce rate in the world. I totally understand Beth's reluctance to open her heart but I also know fear of repeating your "mistakes".
Wendy
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-i-read
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
(from NetGalley.com)
Now that they've happily married off two of their grandchildren, Anna and Felty Helmuth are ready for their next matchmaking challenge. What better way to clelbrate the most heartwarming of seasons--and make Huckleberry Hill, Wisconsin, the place for unexpected love. . .

Sunnie
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Huckleberry Christmas. I can only say 5 stars. It was so good. It was fun, entertaining and just plain enjoyable!

This book has the lovable Anna and Felty Helmuth back to their match-making antics. This time it's for their recently widowed granddaughter, Beth. Beth has a young son, Toby and lots of hard to deal with memories of a very difficult marriage. So hard that thoughts of another marriage are the last things on her mind.

Anna has plans for Beth and Tyler Yoder. But
Sep 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I have read two of Ms. Beckstrand's books and loved them, so I was eagerly awaiting the day when Huckleberry Christmas made it to the top of my to-be-read pile. I read Huckleberry Hill and Huckleberry Spring, and these were probably out of order. I was amused by them, Ms. Beckstrand is a humorous writer, and made me laugh. But this story fell flat. Beth was too angry, always lashing out, though I understand, she doesn't want to be married, blah blah, and everyone wants to marry her, so she's ang ...more
Maureen Timerman
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Back for another wonderful visit with Annie and Felty Helmuth, and Amish country in Wisconsin. Annie is back at her matchmaking for her grandchildren, and next on the list is Beth, and Annie-bannanie has chosen a fellow we met in the last book Tyler Yoder.
Now Beth has come to stay with her Grandparents, she is a young woman with a darling little boy. What we are about to find out was that she had been in an abusive marriage, and doesn’t plan to even put herself in that position ever again. She h
D.J.
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Jennifer is an amazing author!

Is it possible that this one is even better than the previous two!

I keep reading comments from my readers who are telling me that Huckleberry Christmas is their favorite book in this series… so I have to consider this.

I don’t know… Huckleberry Hill was my favorite… until Huckleberry Summer came out and I read it… then it was my favorite — I loved it when Lily called Aden’s dog Piecrust!

Now I have a new favorite… Huckleberry Christmas!

Oh my… it is perfect!

I don’t hav
Kimberly
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a joyful book, as Mammi Anna sets in for her latest matchmaking schemes. Beth a widow, who was married to an emotionally abusive man, is now determined to make a life for herself and her little redheaded cutie son Toby on her own. She doesn't want to take a chance on love again. Tyler is in love with her, he makes bacon pancakes for her and purposes, but she turns him down but offers to help him find a good wife. I laughed my way through this book as Beth learns to trust God and to love aga ...more
Christy
Aug 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: amish, christmas
This was a nice Christmas read; especially for anybody who likes Amish fiction. Anna and Felty steal the show again in this installment of Huckleberry treasures. I wouldn't mind reading more about them; they actually give you no-nonsense conversations and humor that this story for me needed more of. Tyler spent most of his time trying to convince Beth that she was worthy and by the end I admit I was tired of her. What saved this book for me was Tyler's character. He was completely sure of himsel ...more
Rachel
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish-fiction
I am enjoying the silly antics of the matchmaking grandparents (and great-grandparents) in this light-hearted series. In this book, as in the previous two, the two main characters must humble themselves in a deeper relationship with their Savior before they can enter into the romance their octogenarian matchmakers have planned for them. In this story, Beckstrand adds forgiveness to the equation, causing her heroine to come even to the point of seeing the beauty in the ashes of her first marriage ...more
Barbara Thompson
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a marvelous Christmas book! Jennifer Beckstrand has written a clean, joyous, easy-to-read Christmas novel. The storyline is well-written, detailed, plus has great humor. I loved all the characters with their unique personalities. Descriptions in Huckleberry Christmas are so vivid, I could envision them in my mind. I truly enjoyed reading this book and Huckleberry Christmas is a book you will want to put on your reading list.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher through NetGalle
Katrina Knittle
Aug 31, 2014 marked it as goodreads-win
Goodreads win. Will read and review once recieved.
Donna
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second free book from Goodreads, it is to be released in October so I won't give the plot away, but I guarantee you will love it like the rest of the Huckleberry series.
Darlene Wilson
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
A difficult marriage has left the Helmuths' widowed great-granddaughter, Beth, finished with wedlock. She's content to live with them and make a life for herself and her toddler son. But once she turns down handsome Tyler Yoder's proposal, it seems only fair to encourage him to find a suitable wife. Trouble is, his gentleness and generous ways are showing her how joyous a real meeting of hearts can be. . .
After a failed courtship, Tyler thought the best he could hope for in a wife was mere comp
Twila Boaz
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story.

I truly enjoyed this book. There were several places I truly laughed out loud. A story of a young woman who
didn't want to ever remarry. She had been through enough verbal abuse from her and his family. But she had a wonderful grandmother who wanted her to be happy. She didn't trust God because she thought He had abandoned her
because of her husband's treatment. She learned what a wise grandmother she had, and she could really trust her
heavenly Father. She had many interested in marry
Becky
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a nice, clean romance and I enjoyed it. I have never read an Amish romance before and probably wouldn't have read this one but it came free with the new romance program on Audible. I liked it, but am not really sold on the Amish genre. Beyond the motif, I liked the main characters and felt the psychology and story worked pretty well. Not sure I'd read another Amish story if other options were available, but it wasn't bad.
Valerie
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third in the series and I thought it was the second - oops. But it doesn’t seem to be a big deal to read them out of order. They are fine - so far - as stand alone books. It was another cute Amish romance. This involved the young widow Beth and her toddler Toby, and her hesitant relationship with Tyler, a really really sweet guy.
Tammy
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beth and Tyler
Although this is an Amish story, it is not the typical predictable Amish story. It is full of good humor and twists that make it interesting. The other thing I liked is that it wasn’t too Christmas-y. I read it in May and it didn’t feel out of season. I will look forward to reading more in the series!
Gail
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Love the way this story went. The lesson that Beth learned is great - she had to learn to trust the Lord and realize that He is with her and all things work out if you trust the Lord. I love the way Tyler never gave up on her. It sure was a feel good story.
Elisa53
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great love story, good lesson for kindness

Well written. Had the main character hold out for true love until there was no doubt. The theme within the main love story getting over your own fears and figure out how to help others think beyond themselves
Nancy
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish, romance-novel
This was a nice clean romance, between a young widow, with a young son, and an Amish man, who is determined to win over this woman, who doesn't want to have anything to do with marriage, ever again. Her husband was abusive, and his mother was verbally abusive, and was the husband's brother.
Ashley Sallee
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book and series. Wonderfully funny and heartwarming characters with a great story of family, love and most importantly God! Couldn’t put it down!
Emma Miller
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've only read a couple books in this series but so far find them very enjoyable!
Dawn Herbold
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and all the rest in the series
Tammy Bernadt
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got so much joy reading this book: I got a laugh out of the two characters lol.
What a wonderful cute book o read.
Josephine
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love that the author deals with abuse in such a manner. I love this series.
Melinda
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Huckleberry Christmas

This was a great read I so loved it it was so heart warming first time I've read her books
Madison Mega-Mara...: #145 - Huckleberry Christmas 1 1 Aug 20, 2015 03:15PM
  • An Amish Christmas Quilt (Seasons of the Heart #4.5)
  • Katie's Choice (Clover Ridge, #2)
  • A Simple Hope (Lancaster Crossroads #2)
  • A Christmas Gift for Rose
  • A White Christmas in Webster County (Amish of Webster County, #4)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Love Still Stands (New Hope Amish #1)
  • The Proposal at Siesta Key (Amish Brides of Pinecraft, #2)
  • The Amish Blacksmith
  • The Calling (Inn at Eagle Hill #2)
  • A Plain Man
  • First Impressions: An Amish Tale of Pride and Prejudice (The Amish Classics, #1)
  • A Faith of Her Own
  • A Road Unknown (Amish Roads, #1)
Jennifer Beckstrand is the RITA-nominated, award-winning Amish romance author of The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series and The Honeybee Sisters series for Kensington Books. Huckleberry Summer was nominated for the RT Book Reviews Reviewer’s Choice Award and the 2015 RITA® Award, and Huckleberry Hill won the 2014 LIME Award for Inspirational fiction. Both Huckleberry Hill and Huckleberry Chris ...more

The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill (9 books)
  • Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #1)
  • Huckleberry Summer (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #2)
  • Huckleberry Spring (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #4)
  • Huckleberry Harvest (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #5)
  • Huckleberry Hearts (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #6)
  • Return to Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #7)
  • A Courtship on Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #8)
  • Home on Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #9)
“People will let you down. Only God’s love is certain.” 0 likes