Start by marking “Little Blue Truck's Christmas” as Want to Read:
Little Blue Truck's Christmas

Little Blue Truck's Christmas

(Little Blue Truck)

It'sthe most wonderful time of the year! Little Blue Truck is spreading cheer by delivering Christmas trees to his animal friends. Can you help count each green tree from one to five and back again? Don’t forget to save one for Blue! Beep! Beep!

With the gentle rhythm and signature illustration style that made Little Blue Truck a household name, Blue's new adventure is
Published September 23rd 2014 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Little Blue Truck's Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Blue Truck's Christmas

Start your review of Little Blue Truck's Christmas
Denise Lauron
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute book, with the countdown for the tree deliveries to the animals. I loved the final page, since it was unexpected. It is a great book for a toddler.
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
As Little Blue Truck delivers his five Christmas trees to his farmyard friends the reader will enjoy a simple countdown book with sweetly illustrated images of wintry scenes. There is even a battery lit Christmas tree on the last page that will twinkle when the page is opened. Cute. My three year old really enjoyed this one.
Kris Dersch
It's the Little Blue Truck, so of course it's adorable, and it lights up, so of course my kid loves it.
Vicki
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
Love another Blue Truck book, with a holiday theme and a cute surprise at the end.
Rachael Terry
Fun short rhymes. Incorporates counting and animal sounds. Cute winter setting.
Heather
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Open this book and step into a comforting, old-fashioned Christmas town where everyone is friendly & agreeable, and the snowfall is a charming backdrop to the picture-perfect scenes. Realistic? Maybe not, but it shows exactly the sort of holiday season that everyone could use a little bit more of. The rhyming stanzas are sweet, simple, and full of numbers and animal noises that children will enjoy. The illustrations are cozy and colorful; looking at them just makes you feel warm inside. The ...more
Diana
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Definitely not as good as the first two "Little Blue Truck" books. It's much shorter, it doesn't have the same rhythm, and it's basically about counting, no other lesson. It's not a board book and the lights on the last page are a gimmick. Glad we got this one at the library and didn't buy it. (My son is 18 months.)
Jennifer Kelley
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A lovely book! it's wonderful to hear the oohs and aahs when the children see the lights on the last page.
Jessie
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a delight. The art is so charming. A very gentle little counting story complete with animal noises and twinkling lights. Adore.
Wordsmith J
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
My least favorite of the Little Blue Truck books, but still cute.

It is much shorter and simpler than Little Blue Truck and Little Blue Truck Leads the Way, which have actual plots, lessons, and messages. This is really just a counting book, and I always find counting books rather tiresome. But it has the cute anthropomophized illustrations, and features the return of crowd favorite, Toad, as the proprietor of a tree lot. And there's a cute, sparkly secret at the end. Holiday edition fluff, but
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Everyone loves the little blue truck series. This great board book is a counting book. You kiddo will get to count Christmas trees going on the Little Blue Truck and off The Little Blue Truck.
December is here and little blue truck is full of cheer. Five trees are ready for delivery. Honk! Said the goose. Now there are four. Moo! Says the cow. How many are there now? Who gets the next tree? You get the fun of listening/reading to find out.
Beep! Beep! Beep!
I borrowed this book from Amazon Prime
R.
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
The Transmuted Tree
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Red 3rd; This is the 4th book I've red in this series & I was disappointed. I've come to expect more from this series & this one was kinda pointless & dull. A counting book at Christmas--coulda done so much more with this theme. These books are usually SO cute w/ some kind of sweet message but this was just counting to 5 (not even very high) & it was over so quickly. And the last page no longer worked so that wasn't special.
Bree
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Every time I come across a Christmas book I have to pick it up. My love for Christmas knows no end. This book gets extra points with me, because of those amazing Christmas lights at the end. My cousin Archer could point at them forever. This book may have just moved into his favorite book slot. All in all the little blue truck books are a hit in this house. I hope it's one in yours too.
Lara Lamb
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This Christmas story is a unique one in the way it's told. In the story the little blue truck is delivering Christmas trees throughout the town to the people who live there. I think it is a good Christmas themed book that can also be used as a math story (for example when there are 2 trees left and one gets delivered that leaves only one tree on the truck).
Amy
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely!

This book was bigger than I expected, which is a pleasant thing. All the colors and pictures in the book are wonderful and just kind of 'popped' for me. Of course the best part is on the last page when the tree lights up. Borrowed from the library but now have to have my own copy! For the kids, of course.
Chinook
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, christmas
It’s got the Little Blue Truck, it’s got some of his friends, it’s got some Christmas cheer in the form of five trees and it’s got a page at the end with twinkling lights.

To be honest, I thought Kait wouldn’t be all that enthusiastic because it would be too young for her, but at five she was as entranced with the lights at the end as Maddie was.
Aimee
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-with-cason
This is such a sweet book! We keep it out year around because my three year old adores it. The illustrations are beautiful and I love the addition of the twinkle lights. The Little Blue Truck books are all great but this is definitely my favorite!
A Allen
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The illustrations in this book really capture December to me; I love the cardinals and the wreaths and the winter gear. I love that the book includes twinkle lights at the end and that it is teaching children to count down from five. My favorite Little Blue Truck book so far!
Hannah
The perfect read-aloud Christmas book that also teaches subtraction (what more could one want?!). Plus, the illustrations are adorable and any child enamored with trucks (I know a handful) will be delighted.
gina
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, board-book
Cute. I liked it a lot but for whatever reason my son only wanted to read it once. No matter how many times I offered it. Who knows why three year olds pick what they do lol. Either way, back to the library it goes!
Laurie
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
3 year old is delighted each and every time by the flashing lights of the Christmas tree at the end of the story. Nothing better than joy on the face of a 3 year old while reading a Christmas story; or any story.
Leslie
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Take this book and add 5 paper trees decorated by kids and you have the perfect recipe for a Toddler Storytime. This was a great book to share with my toddlers today - counting, animals, Christmas and a blue truck - so much fun!
Relyn
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: teachers and librarians
Shelves: library-lessons
This was a great read-aloud for my kindergarteners this Christmas season.
Emily
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations and fun twinkle lights.
Ash
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I know it's May but just read this book with a toddler and he loved it. Has lots of animals, counting and then the surprise at the end. A new fave for him regardless of time of year :)
Loyal
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: skylars-shelf
Little Blue Truck has 5 Christmas trees to deliver! A cute book with counting, my niece liked looking at this one herself, especially with the flashing lights.
Henry
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blue my mind! Love this series.
Austin Wright
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Clever drawings. Rhyming story. Christmas theme. Animals getting a Christmas tree. Helps children count backward from 5-to-1.
Qua'Tesha Felder
Great Holiday story!

Perfect story for the holiday season. I enjoyed reading it to my son! Be sure to read this to your little one this holiday season.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Llama Llama Holiday Drama
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • The Goodnight Train
  • Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
  • Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night?
  • Duck & Goose, It's Time For Christmas!
  • Construction Site on Christmas Night
  • The Dinky Donkey
  • Snowmen at Christmas
  • Llama Llama Gives Thanks
  • Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party
Alice Schertle has written more than 40 books, mostly for children. A mother and former elementary school teacher, Ms. Schertle is a graduate of the University of Southern California. Many of her most famous works are poetic in nature, though she writes about a wide variety of topics.

Little Blue Truck (7 books)
  • Little Blue Truck