Start by marking “Wild Rover No More: Being the Last Recorded Account of the Life & Times of Jacky Faber (Bloody Jack, #12)” as Want to Read:

(Bloody Jack #12)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  1,766 Ratings  ·  323 Reviews
Just when it looks like Jacky Faber and her beloved Jaimy will finally find their romance, Jacky is accused of treason and must flee Boston while her friends attempt to clear her name. Of course that means wild adventures for our fun-loving heroine, who manages to secure a job as a governess…and run away with the circus. The highly anticipated grand finale of the Bloody Ja ...more
Published November 4th 2014 by HMH Books for Young Readers

Liviania
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I read BOSTON JACKY, I noted that it felt like the "same old, same old, and the new elements introduced never go as far as they might." When I saw that WILD ROVER NO MORE was going to be the final book in the Bloody Jack Adventures, I felt relief. It was a fun ride, but it ran out of new ideas a few books ago.

(Then I learned that author L.A. Meyer died in July and was quite sad, but I am happy he managed to finish this series as he wanted.)

WILD ROVER NO MORE follows the usual pattern. Jacky
Raychel
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The final book?!

I don't know if I can handle this. There's so much to be resolved!!! One more book isn't enough!
And wait a second...I though she was already in Boston?
Oh Mr.Meyer...Please let this be the best book yet.

Artemis
THE FINAL BOOK?! I... I CAN'T.... THE ACCOUNTS OF JACKY FABER, NO MORE? This will need to be so, so, so, so, amazing because I'm not too sure I'm ready to let the beloved Miss Jacky Faber go...

The saucy sea-sailor is happy and beautiful and FULL OF LIFE, for sure. And I suppose this is goodbye. Thank you, Miss Faber, for the adventures you have taken me along and for the friendship that you have shared with me. Thank you, Jacky, for the quick wit, the life-saving trickery, the displays of coura
Chelsea K.
(NOTE: I'm going to write a normal non-spoilery review, with a bit of spoilery talk afterward since this is the final book in the series, but the spoilery part will be clearly delineated, so read on if you haven't yet read it!)

The thing most worth mentioning is that I just heard about the author, L.A. Meyer's death this past summer due to complications cased by cancer. I'm so sad about this. Sad that such a genius was taken from us by this illness. Sad that he won't get to revisit his favorite c
Maureen
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I dearly loved this series and looked forward to each and every book. The final book was awesome and I was so pleased with the way the story ended. I closed the book and smiled, feeling good about the ending. I will miss her adventures, but will recommend this book to my students. I owe a big thank you to my librarian, Cindy Donerez, for getting this final nook for me. I loved it!
Corinne Matthews
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't think of a better ending to this ridiculously addicting series. Yes, Jaimy still annoys me--his lack of faith in Jacky is kind of old of this point--but I enjoyed the romp through memory lane of Jacky's other adventures, and quick updates on all my favorite characters.

And for the record, (view spoiler)
Kacey Nielsen
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the series with my whole heart and soul. some of the best audiobooks ever. I saved this last one for a very long car ride and I was devastated when it was over. Goodbye Jacky. thank you for making many a long trip fly by.
Deanne
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Whew! I can't believe I finished the whole series! (12 books) It takes a special kind of OCD to accomplish that. Here's my analysis on this book and the whole series. This final book wrapped things up sufficiently well and very dramatically. All the foreshadowing from previous books played out as expected. I appreciated how Meyer referred back to many of the previous characters and settings from previous books. It was a nostalgic trip through Jacky's adventures.

The whole series: Part way throug
Heidi (Yup. Still here.)
3.5 stars. First off I want to say how saddened I was to hear that the author of this dear to me series passed away last summer. It really hurt my heart to hear that news because even though we never met in person IMO only an awesome person and writer could bring Jacky into this world. She sure is one of a kind. While this last book felt like a repeat of several others in the series it was just nice to catch up with Jacky and the gang one last time. I especially liked her time as a nanny. So fun ...more
Mackenzi
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series has become part of my heart. Au revoir, Jacky. Until we meet again.
Tom Mathews
I was saddened last month to see the title of the newest Jacky Faber book. I knew from author interviews that Wild Rover No More: Being the Last Recorded Account of the Life & Times of Jacky Faber was the title author L.A. Meyer had chosen for the last book in the series and that it would only be released in the event of his death. A quick Google search confirmed what I feared, that Louis Meyer passed away last summer and that this would indeed be the last L.A. Meyer book published.

If you ha
Jamie Dacyczyn
2018 Reread: My past review noted how bittersweet this ending was, since it meant the end of Jacky's story, but it all ended on a happy note. It feel even more bittersweet now, since not only has the author passed, but the narrator Katherine Kellgren also passed away this year. When the book finished, I let the audiobook play through all of the end credits to the final word, feeling sad. Even though the latter porting of this lengthy series was definitely weaker than the first half of the books, ...more
Amy Bradley
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series has been fabulous to read, an intriguing blend of fiction with historical circumstances and settings. While a few of the prior ones had started to feel repetitious, this was a good end to the series.

Jacky is to be arrested for treason, having been tricked into carrying what she thought was a diplomatic pouch in her ship, but turns out to be a trap by Flashby. She goes on the run, and for a time is a governess (with one of her charges named Edgar Allen Polk, who styles himself a pirat
Vicky
I cried. I expected the very end of this book. I knew the other end wouldn't be the end, and I still cried. (If you've read the book, I hope that makes sense. If you haven't, I'm avoiding spoilers and you can thank me later.) I'm attributing the tears to the too-fantastic-for-words narration by Katherine Kellgren, she brought Jacky alive book after book and her portrayal of Amy at the end of this book had all the feels.

Jacky and I have had a wild ride since starting this series just under two ye
Sue Heraper
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a loyal fan of the Bloody Jack series, I thoroughly enjoyed this series finale. When Jacky learns of a warrant for her arrest on trumped-up charges of treason, she flees Boston and disguises herself, gaining employment at first as a governess and then as a Russian tightrope walker in a traveling circus. Eventually she is captured and faces the hangman’s noose with gallows humor. Many of the characters in the other books make an appearance in this final book.

Jacky reminisces nostalgically abou
Marjorie Pfister
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
An wonderful ending to a mostly fun series. I thought the last couple of books lost some magic that the earlier books in the series had, with the stories getting absurd and convoluted. Boston Jacky was completely disappointing. However, like most series some books are better than others. As a series overall, I can say I enjoyed the time I spent with Jacky and the many characters that were apart of her very unique world.
I have the utmost praise for Katherine Kellgren and the producers of Bloody
Kim McGee
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion to this wonderful series will have the reader following Jacky's exploits to the bitter end. Wonderfully entrenched in historical characters while blending an entertaining fictional character's exploits around the world. Jacky is a musician, schoolgirl, pirate, patriot, spy, sea captain and more and she never fails to delight. The icing on the cake is that the series is modeled after a real diary. The author, L.A. Meyer, will be missed greatly by those of us that wanted to emulate ...more
Susan Weber
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thank you L. A. Meyer for the wonderful adventures of Jacky Faber. There was never a dull moment. As a history teacher, I loved all the historical settings and Jacky's adventures in each setting. I will miss her and you that gave us this delightful series. The print of Jacky that you drew hangs by my front door a constant reminder that adventure and the opportunity to do good lies just outside.
Michelle
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I was ready for this series to end, but have to admit that I will miss Jacky, even though she pushed the limits of suspended disbelief. :) As usual, Katherine Kellgren gave an amazing performance, she is easily one of my favorite narrators.
Abigail Young
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The perfect ending for this marvelous series. I only cried a ton.
Jolie
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!
Mum
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've finally finished this series. My review is maybe directed a little bit more at the series as a whole, which certainly had its ups and downs, and a little bit at this book in particular. And I have to admit up front that my emotions while reading this book reflect a little bit more than just the book itself and the connection we as readers make with characters and their writers and narrators.

First the book: It was a fitting end and tribute to the series as a whole. Jacky took a walk down me
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I'm sad to come to the end of my very favorite audiobook series. Katherine Kellgren is maybe the finest narrator in the business and Jacky Faber is an hilarious, inspiring, strong female character. Very few series keep my attention through 12 books, but this one ended far to soon, in my opinion.
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yay! I finished the series! Some of these books felt a bit like filler books... But i enjoyed this one again. Especially the first half. Very 'Jacky'!
Samantha
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yafavorites
I will miss Jacky, and I think this is a fairly fitting end for her. Dramatic, and a wild romp. I still don't ship Jacky/Jaimy, but clearly the author did. As always, Katherine Kellgren does a fantastic job reading.
Jenelle
Did you know Meyer wrote the ending of the Bloody Jack series long before some of the ones preceding it?

On one hand, it's a good thing, because he died, and nothing is worse than an unfinished series.

But on the other hand, it basically just means that books 2-11 are fluffy filler. I'd even go so far as to say that 12 falls into that as well, since it ultimately gets the story to exactly where you'd expect it to, with superfluous hijinks to take up pages beforehand.

This really should have been
Kelly
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
To be honest, I think I'm giving this book a 4/5 because of the extreme loyalty I feel toward this series. I grew up reading Bloody Jack--I spent ten years of my life reading these books and waiting for the next release. I almost cried when Mr. Meyer responded to one of my posts on his Facebook wall. (Just so you know where I'm coming from with this review.)

I still cannot believe the series is over and that our dear Mr. Meyer has passed on. Despite my issues with the final book, I will continue
Kristi
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tracey
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
While it seems from its title that this would be the final volume in the Bloody Jack series; I didn't realize until the audiobook intro that its author, L.A. Meyer had passed away last July. I have truly enjoyed this series and was sad to hear of his passing.

The book itself is another delightful romp with Miss Jacky through various trials and travails; unjustly accused of treason, she must flee Boston and go into hiding. First she takes a job as a governess to the Polk family in Plymouth. Going
Jessie
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, summer-2015
Because I knew it was the last book I didn't mind the reviews of all the other adventures. I knew that finally Jacky would be in Jamie. This book always makes me smile and I saved it for summer because teachers need a smile in the summer. It was done too soon, but I am glad that it did indeed end happily ever after. **stop here for spoilers*** Of course Jacky is always in trouble, that isn't news for our Jacky fans. I shake my head with the things the author throws out to get Jacky on the run. T ...more
Bloody Jack Fans: Who else is crying? 14 70 Nov 05, 2017 06:38AM
  • Albion of the Wind - 風のアルビオン (Zero No Tsukaima, #2)
  • The Pirate Queen: The Story of Grace O'Malley, Irish Pirate
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer Manga, Vol. 3 (The Devil is a Part-Timer Manga, #3)
  • Girl Friends [ガールフレンズ], Volume 5
  • ゆかりズム 2 (Yukarism, #2)
  • The Case of the Good Boy (Bad Machinery, #2)
  • Part-Time Princesses
  • His Clockwork Canary (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #2)
  • Hidden Truths (The Oregon Series, #2)
  • Citrus, Vol. 2
  • Branded Ann
  • Hear the Wind Blow
  • Covenant's End (Widdershins Adventures, #4)
  • King of Thorn, Vol. 5
  • Emma, Vol. 09
  • Agatha Heterodyne and the Circus of Dreams (Girl Genius, #4)
  • The Princetta
  • Dying to Live (Elite Operatives, #4)
Louis A. Meyer is best known as the author of the Bloody Jack novels. He was also a painter and the author of two children's picture books, and he and his wife owned an art gallery called Clair de Loon in Bar Harbor.

Louis A. Meyer passed away on July 29, 2014 from refractory Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. His final Jacky Faber book, Wild Rover No More, was published posthumously in September that year.

Bloody Jack (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Bloody Jack (Bloody Jack, #1)
  • Curse of the Blue Tattoo: Being an Account of the Misadventures of Jacky Faber, Midshipman and Fine Lady (Bloody Jack, #2)
  • Under the Jolly Roger: Being an Account of the Further Nautical Adventures of Jacky Faber (Bloody Jack, #3)
  • In the Belly of the Bloodhound: Being an Account of a Particularly Peculiar Adventure in the Life of Jacky Faber (Bloody Jack, #4)
  • Mississippi Jack: Being an Account of the Further Waterborne Adventures of Jacky Faber, Midshipman, Fine Lady, and Lily of the West (Bloody Jack, #5)
  • My Bonny Light Horseman: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, in Love and War (Bloody Jack, #6)
  • Rapture of the Deep: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Soldier, Sailor, Mermaid, Spy (Bloody Jack, #7)
  • The Wake of the Lorelei Lee: Being an Account of the Adventures of Jacky Faber, on her Way to Botany Bay (Bloody Jack, #8)
  • The Mark of the Golden Dragon: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Jewel of the East, Vexation of the West, and Pearl of the South China Sea (Bloody Jack, #9)
  • Viva Jacquelina! Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Over the Hills and Far Away (Bloody Jack, #10)