Start by marking “Stolen Wishes (Splintered Hearts, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Stolen Wishes (Splintered Hearts, #1.5)

Stolen Wishes

(Splintered Hearts #1.5)

Cally…
A sexy smile. Intense blue eyes. A goodness that makes him want to save me from these rumors when no one else would care. I didn't ask for a hero. William Bailey was never supposed to be anything more than a wish, a dream, an unrequited crush. Not for a girl like me--a girl whose fractured family has stolen her chance at a decent life.

William…
Since the death of my
Published December 23rd 2013 by Ever After, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Stolen Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen Wishes

Start your review of Stolen Wishes (Splintered Hearts, #1.5)
Three Chicks
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Jen Skewes

I love the New hope series by Lexi Ryan. Stolen Wishes is a prequel for book 2 which is Wish I May, Will and Cally’s story. We first met Will in book one which is Unbreak Me and while I loved him in that book, I just didn’t think he was right for the heroine. Then I read his story and fell completely in love with him.

Stolen Wishes takes us back in time to when Cally and Will first met in high school. Will saved Cally one night from a situation that could have gone very
Natalie
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I absolutely adore the New Hope series by Lexi Ryan. She has quickly become a favorite of mine. Her writing is flawless, the depth of emotion that you feel and the complex and real characters that she creates makes it nearly impossible for you not to become invested in them and their lives.

Having followed Will along from Unbreak Me (New Hope #1) where I first fell for him (yes, even with some of the stupid decisions he made) to Wish I May (New Hope #2) where my heart just melted at the reunion
Erin
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
After being introduced to Will Bailey in Unbreak Me I wondered what the heck was wrong with this guy? - jumping from fiance to fiance, and within the same family no less! This books helps explain it all...he's a true romantic and has never forgotten his first true love (swoon)! I'm glad I gave it a chance as I initially wasn't interested in "his story", but it's THEIRS, his and Cally's. I read it BEFORE Wish I May (but it can be read after as well) and wished it was longer, even though there was ...more
Cassie
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a cute intro story to William and Cally's relationship 7 years before.
Irina
Sep 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just meh. Basically nothing of importance happens in this prequel. You could easily put the "story" in a prologue.
Amanda Anderson (the.beauty.and.the.bookies)
love Cally & Wills past :) they are so perfect for each other. I didnt think I was going to like Will much from Maggie's book but he definitely revived himself with Cally in my eyes <3
Taylor
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-goal
Meh
Jeanneen
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lexi-ryan
Great book not leaving any spoilers because it needs to be read. It continues from the first book and its an awesome ending. Super romantic absolutely goes Gaga for it.
Louisse Ang
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to have been given an early copy of this and since I absolutely adore Lexi Ryan and *cough*William*cough* I pounced on this book like a starved woman and oh. My. God. My heart, my poor little heart. You know that moment when you're riding a rollercoaster and you're at that point when the ride is just ascending and you don't know when it'll make that drop? Well, that's exactly what it felt like while I was reading Stolen Wishes, it's true that I did read Wish I May before ...more
Jessica
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, new-adult
It is no secret I absolutely ADORED Wish I May, Cally and William's story, the second novel in Lexi Ryan's New Hope series. We briefly met William in the first book in the series Unbreak Me, but he needed his own book. Having read Wish I May first, I must admit Stolen Wishes was rather bittersweet for me. (Only because I know how everything plays out!) However, it really was a beautifully written novella about first love and acceptance of one's true self.

Cally is such a sweet character. Living
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
For anyone that read Wish I May by Lexi Ryan this novella Stolen Wishes is a MUST! In Wish I May we were given glimpses as William and Cally’s past. Now we have the story of how they began and grew to love each other.

Cally has a difficult home life (space cadet for a father and a mother with addictions and a bad reputation) and she finds her peace away from her house.

“Looking at the stars and wishing for something better isn’t just something I enjoy. It’s necessary for my survival.”

She and
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
I absolutely love the New Hope Series and Callie and Will are two of my favorite characters. I freaking loved them and reading their story in Wish I May so I was super excited when Lexi offered ARCs for their prequel novella. I needed more Cally and Will and seeing how it all started seven years ago was so exciting. I love Lexi’s writing and the plot and character development was expertly done, especially for a novella.

William and Cally come from completely different worlds and grew up on the
Margie   'CSR' Fite
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy-series
This is such a bitter/sweet book!! William and Cally are so sweet and have had such a hard life at such a young age.. William by loosing his parents at such a young age and being raised by his grandmother. His Grandmother is grieving the loss of her son, and just can not show William the love he deserves... when she compares him to his father..
William's first real feeling of true love is with Cally and how she truly feels for him.... Unconditional love! not for his popularity, money, being the
Elle
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Travel back to high school and see how it all began for William and Cally in Stolen Wishes, the prequel novella to Lexi Ryan’s Wish I May. I love the New Hope Series and fell in love hard for this couple while reading Wish I May. By the end of the book I was begging to know more about their history, about the events that transpired prior to this book. To say I was excited to get my hands on this novella is an understatement.

The only way I can describe
Kim
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

"We're connected. Tied together by something bigger than ourselves. Like the moon brings the tide back to the shore, the stars will always bring me back to Cally."

I enjoyed the two full-length novellas in this series. When I had the opportunity to read and review this novella of Cally and William's backstory, I was all over it. I mean, I had the basics from reading the other two books, but I wanted more. I definitely got it with Stolen
Donna ~
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was offered an ARC by the Author in exchange for an honest review and I was eager to take her up on her offer. Stolen Wishes is a novella that can be read before or after Wish I May but regardless of the order you read them (and you WILL want to read them both) you will be captivated by all that is Cally and Will. I fall hard for William Bailey. Every. Single.Time.
The story covers Will and Cally’s relationship from their first encounter through her leaving for Las Vegas. You will get a deeper
Chrissy
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review.

Ok, I really liked Wish I May, which this book is a prequel to (but can be read before or after) but absolutely loved Stolen Wishes. In Stolen Wishes we get to see when Cally and William fell in love for the first time, and this story is amazing.

I already loved Will, but after reading Stolen Wishes I loved him even more. I loved getting inside the younger versions of Cally and William and seeing them fall in love, and seeing Cally before
Daisel (Owl Always Be Reading)
Loved it! I love William and Cally, I love the way that this novella made me feel. It is full of feels, romance and love. Lexi Ryan writes with so much sentiment that is not hard for the reader to feel connected with the characters. I wish this would have been a full length book because at the end I was waiting for more.

This is the story of William and Cally before Wish I May. The story about their beautiful and powerful young love. Cally was always tormented and bullied at school because of her
S Parent
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stolen Wishes is a beautifully bittersweet novella and the perfect addition to Lexi Ryan’s New Hope series. This story gives us the background on William (from both Unbreak Me and Wish I May) and Cally (from Wish I May) and how their relationship began in high school. William and Cally seem like opposites at first—William is the town golden boy, while Cally suffers the fallout from her mother’s poor reputation—but underneath the surface, William and Cally are able to understand each other in a ...more
Jen
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy frekkin hotness!! William Bailey won my heart and I have a new BBF!!! From the moment he sees Cally, he is taken by her. She is gorgeous, kind, smart, and they are perfect for each other. He is just OMG, wow I love him!!! He is not only beautiful on the outside, but on the inside too. Their love is as bright as the stars they love to gaze at.

Poor Cally. Her family life is a mess and her mother is just so selfish and awful! I know she's unhappy and wished her life had been something more,
Jennifer Wolfel
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can William get any better??? I mean really... I adored him before but seeing what he was willing to do for Cally from the very beginning simply melted my heart.

We knew that William and Cally had something special in the past during high school, before she so abruptly disappeared from Will's life. It was so much easier to understand that when their worlds collided again fighting what they had in the past would have been futile.

Will is so darn sweet and even as a teenager he had a heart of gold,
Kara
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
In Unbreak Me I wasn't the biggest fan of Will. Well he's seized me onto his side in this glimpse of his journey. This is the beginning of Will and Cally's journey while they're in high school. Cally wishes upon stars and wants more of her life than the one her mother leads. And she wants no one to think of her as being "like her mom." Cally's virtue is held close and Will, ever the gentleman, does not rush anything with her. Will is sweet, protective, and thinks of everything. Will wants to ...more
Gabic Reads
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Original review at Gabic Reads. Review ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review -- THANK YOU!

I read Stolen Wishes after I read Wish I May, so in a way, I'm writing my reviews backwards. This is a great introduction to William and Cally. I loved learning more about their background and how they came to date. Cally's home life is better understood, and it was great seeing her relationship with her sister's before everything happened. William is even more amazing after reading this
Nikki
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Roxanne Kade
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was super thrilled to get to read this amazing story. I absolutely LOVED Cally and Will in Wish I May, so to read their “first” love story was very exciting. It also gave me the chance to see the events that caused all the heartache and tore apart these two wonderful people.

Their romance was sweet, and I felt my heart melting with every kiss, every touch, and every intimate moment shared. They were, quite simply, perfect with and for each other. I was so glad that Will had eyes only for
Heather
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this couple! I have since I read Wish I May and I am so glad that Lexi Ryan went back to their beginning! Stolen Wishes is just as perfect as Wish I May was.

Cally is a girl from the wrong side of the tracks who has a horrible reputation, not because of anything she did, but because of her mom’s reputation. Cally is just a sweet innocent girl who wants to be nothing like her mom, but no one but her best friends can see that.

William is the rich kid who is not like any other kid with money.
Ellen
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-arc
Stolen Wishes takes you back to the very beginning, when Cally and William first fell in love. It is a short novella, 91 pages, but it is really a beautiful and heartbreaking story, and to me, made me appreciate the things that happen in Wish I May, and even in Unbreak Me so much more. You don't have to read it before the other two novels, but I would definitely recommend reading it, because it adds a new depth and understanding to this tragically beautiful story. In Wish I May, we see a hard ...more
Kate ✨ is a dreamer
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: NA, high school romances
Shelves: erotica, high-school, na
3.8 Strawberry Wine stars

This book was really sweet! Though it's a novella, it told a beautiful story and it was very much a feel-good book, but not the usual kind.
High school romances. Trouble at home. Departure. Will they see each other again? They will, for prom. Or at least we think so.

You have to read this book before you read Wish I May, or you will never really understand what the characters are going through in the book, because Cally changes a lot.

To see the full review, go to my
Melissa Marlow
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Stolen Wishes
Young love so fresh and innocent and to share the deepest need of feeling connected is where this book journey’s. Cally is not the pick of the litter keeping to herself, her two friends, and her books. Hardly ever looks up from whatever she is doing. It’s her shyness that intrigues William from the first time he notices her.
Her reputation is based on her mother’s giving everyone the wrong idea and Cally is determined to not become her mother. William of all people understands that,
Christina
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is an introduction novella to Cally and William. How they met, how they fell in love and what made Cally leave New Hope. I was told it could be read before or after Wish I May or as a stand alone. I picked it up free (for a limited time) on Amazon.

I read this book before reading Wish I May and I read them both together. I would recommend reading them that way, but that is JMO. I can't even imagine reading this as a stand alone, because after reading it I HAD to know what happened! Gahhh...
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• King of the Causeway (King, #9.5)
  • The Lineup
  • Downfall
  • Being Me (Inside Out, #2)
  • Revealing Us (Inside Out, #3)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Instant Gratification (Always Satisfied #2)
  • Undefeated
  • Bonus Epilogue Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark #1.5)
  • Nash (Marked Men, #4)
  • Chasing My Forever (Beaumont: Next Generation, #3)
  • My Unexpected Love (Beaumont - Next Generation, #2)
  • The Christmas Cowboy (Rodeo Romance, #1)
  • Homecoming for Christmas (Christmas Mountain #1)
  • Dirty Sexy Games (Dirty Games Duet, #2)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Sweet Liar (Dirty Sweet, #1)
  • Baby Yours (Hunter & Lennon, #2; Roommate Duet, #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryan’s novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her children’s latest antics.

Splintered Hearts (3 books)
  • Unbreak Me (Splintered Hearts, #1)
  • Wish I May (Splintered Hearts, #2)