Start by marking “The Secret of the Ages” as Want to Read:
The Secret of the Ages

The Secret of the Ages

Joining the ranks of Tarcher's runaway editions of Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, Public Speaking for Success by Dale Carnegie, and The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles, here are three landmark guides to a life of prosperity-now restored to print in beautiful, signature volumes.

- Newly discovered by fans of The Secret, the metaphysical writer Wallace
Published August 16th 2007 by TarcherPerigee (first published 1926)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of the Ages, please sign up.

Start your review of The Secret of the Ages
Andras
Dec 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Secret of the Ages, does not tell you any "secret". There are no secrets anymore, only people who choose or chooose not to see what is self-evident. The power of the mind and your attitude will determine your success in life. This book is well written and oranized, easy to read but ultimately you will have to do the work for this book to be of use.
Muhammad Nazmi Abdullah
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, 2011-books
Alhamdulillah, finally finished read(red) this book. What i got and learned from this book is that the mind is the powerful thing that human ever had. Which we should be thankful to God that created us a Human being.

Another thing that i like about this book is the author himself show step by step on how to control Mind by using conscious mind - subconscious mind - universal mind. He explained it with easy to understand and reasonable.

Insya'allah. I just need to practice it and make an effort to
Nancy Lopez
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING..... THIS IS THE BOOK THAT STARTED THE AWAKENING OF MY MIND AND SOUL..... A MUSTTTT READDDD :D
Brandon Clay
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: success-classics
I bought this title the same time as "The Riches Within Your Reach" also by Robert Collier. At the time, I didn't know if the volumes would be redundant or what new learning this title would present.

Cutting to the chase, this was actually a better volume and I have literally worn the cover off! I gave this book to my father (who actually introduced me to success books when I was a teen) and he loved it as well.

At 400 pages, it is chock full of deeper revelation regarding the power of thoughts, t
Mark
Jan 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Life changing book for me. One of three in fact, the others being Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, and The greatest salesman in the world by Og Mandino. Very into motivational books and loved this book. Excellent self-help/ self-improvement book- but remember you only get out of it what you put in it.
Hynissahdavis
Sep 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Hynissahdavis by: hynissahdavis@sbcglobal.net
This book has been a great confidence builder for me. It is another great book of self discovery it has taught me how to deal with life in a positive way with learning how to deal with other people with learning how to deal myself.
Michael David
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a bit overlong and repetitive for my tastes, but I can see why focusing on one single thing and pursuing it fully can create success.
Sheilah Vance
Oct 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous! So inspiring!
Jason
Dec 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Loved this: a combination of Think and Grow Rich and The Secret
Eric
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A classic. I thought that the better known "The Secret" is a complete ripoff of this less well-known, but much better book.
Randy Eubanks
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! This is one of the first motivational books that I read back in the early 1980's that changed my mindset as far as seeking success. This book addresses the spiritual, mental and financial areas of our lives. The right mental attitude is so important in our present and future success. " Whatever you can visualize-and BELIEVE in-you can accomplish." "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." Our place in life is immensely influenced by out mental attitude. You have to see your ...more
Ostilio Portillo
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read the book and it reminded me a lot of another one I read some years ago named as The Secret. The message behind both books seems to be the same: We are what we think about. In other words, we become what we envision in our minds.
The power of the mind is something that i belive in, but it does not matter how much you mentally portray yourself, things will not simply materialize before you. You have to work to reach goals in life. It is the combination of intelligence and discipline that wil
Deanna
Jun 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I had to double check that I was reading the correct book after reading the reviews on Goodreads. This book is very sexist and racist! The whole chapter on using “mental brownies” to fetch information in your mind made my stomach turn. Not to mention the section about racial memory.
Did reviewers not read this?! How disappointing to know other books (the Secret) have used his premise and chose to look the other way.
Kurtis
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very powerful book which drives home the power of the subconscious mind. There are some outdated theories and idea but that is to be expected given the book was published in 1926.

There are many references to jesus and an almighty God. These should not put one off however because one can grasp the point that the author is making.

I've made many highlights throughout the book; I'll be coming back to It throughout the year to solidify the wisdom present in its passages. 4.5/5
Carlos Abrille
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read so many books like this, it became a reminder. What you'll learn, all you have to do in life to achieve what ever you want or need? Is to only think about it, everyday. The longer you think about it, the sooner it will happen. The results and outcome of thinking everyday will lead you to do something, to achieve "it."
Kayla Lakings
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
A lot of sweeping generalizations about all of mankind. He seemed to at some points be writing to all spiritualities and then quickly inserting a Christian bible quote.

The last 49 pages literally consist of letters from his adoring fans (with one or two complaints sprinkled in) which I found absolutely hilarious.
Ben
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I think this book had a lot of valuable insight about the subconscious mind and using ones mind to get ones desires. Very similar to “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind.” My only gripe is the overuse of religion within the book. Showing these techniques to be applied outside of religion would allow for a wider audience to grasp its content more accurately.
Nex Juice
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Another book from The Prosperity Bible that was overly religious and wordy. As we have repeated so many times, it's important to get clear on what you want and stay connected to your goals every single day as often as possible. Take initiative every day toward your goals. One thing at a time.
Suzhane
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
The content, leaf to leaf, seems repetitive for me, but this book would surely remind us that with our power in will and mind, we can gear up toward success and own pursuits. Not bad to be the first book I’ve read this year.
Chuck Hedin
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to receive these 7 volumes when I was a teenager. Few self help books were around in the 60s. My life took on greater meaning after reading this collection. I looked at the world in a more positive way and developed a strong determination to succeed in life. Thank you Mr. Collier.
Akin Akinbodunse
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. I learn from my other mentors, Earl Nightingale, Jim Rohn, Napoleon Hill, Tony Robbins, etc. Focus on the awesome power of the mind. Where the mind goes the life follows. I am going to read a second time. Gotten somethings I did get more of.
Mark Pemble
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Your standard self-help book, but with helpful biblical examples which may or may not be taken out of context.
Barbara Mauceri
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

God-centered story of the secrets to man's ascension into existence. Powerful read that always keeps you interested in the next page.
Kym Moore
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Inspiring and motivational. Good read!
Cecille
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I can have only one book in my library, this would be it.
John
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
sure it's basically over 90 years old...but truth has no expiration date
Onaekeme Ozho
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can't this book be downloaded and read offline?
Harel
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it.
Hearthford Apricot
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A true game changer. Will allow you to break free of the matrix of monotony.
Jennifer Anyi
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is really a great book.

• Your Invisible Power: A Presentation of the Mental Science of Thomas Troward
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • Miracles Of Your Mind
  • چهار اثر از فلورانس اسکاول شین
  • No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline
  • SELL LIKE CRAZY: How to Get As Many Clients, Customers and Sales As You Can Possibly Handle
  • The Science of Being Great: The Practical Guide to a Life of Power
  • The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
Robert Collier was an American author of self-help, and New Thought metaphysical books in the 20th century. He was the nephew of Peter Fenelon Collier, founder of Collier's Weekly. He was involved in writing, editing, and research for most of his life. His book The Secret of the Ages (1926) sold over 300,000 copies during his life. Collier wrote about the practical psychology of abundance, desire, ...more