Start by marking “The Secret of the Ages” as Want to Read:
The Secret of the Ages

The Secret of the Ages

Joining the ranks of Tarcher's runaway editions of Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, Public Speaking for Success by Dale Carnegie, and The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles, here are three landmark guides to a life of prosperity-now restored to print in beautiful, signature volumes.

- Newly discovered by fans of The Secret, the metaphysical writer Wallace D. Wattles distills th
Published August 16th 2007 by TarcherPerigee (first published 1926)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of the Ages, please sign up.

Start your review of The Secret of the Ages
Andras
Dec 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Secret of the Ages, does not tell you any "secret". There are no secrets anymore, only people who choose or chooose not to see what is self-evident. The power of the mind and your attitude will determine your success in life. This book is well written and oranized, easy to read but ultimately you will have to do the work for this book to be of use.
Nancy Lopez
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING..... THIS IS THE BOOK THAT STARTED THE AWAKENING OF MY MIND AND SOUL..... A MUSTTTT READDDD :D
Muhammad Nazmi Abdullah
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, 2011-books
Alhamdulillah, finally finished read(red) this book. What i got and learned from this book is that the mind is the powerful thing that human ever had. Which we should be thankful to God that created us a Human being.

Another thing that i like about this book is the author himself show step by step on how to control Mind by using conscious mind - subconscious mind - universal mind. He explained it with easy to understand and reasonable.

Insya'allah. I just need to practice it and make
Mark
Jan 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Life changing book for me. One of three in fact, the others being Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, and The greatest salesman in the world by Og Mandino. Very into motivational books and loved this book. Excellent self-help/ self-improvement book- but remember you only get out of it what you put in it.
Brandon Clay
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: success-classics
I bought this title the same time as "The Riches Within Your Reach" also by Robert Collier. At the time, I didn't know if the volumes would be redundant or what new learning this title would present.

Cutting to the chase, this was actually a better volume and I have literally worn the cover off! I gave this book to my father (who actually introduced me to success books when I was a teen) and he loved it as well.

At 400 pages, it is chock full of deeper revelation regarding
Hynissahdavis
Sep 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Hynissahdavis by: hynissahdavis@sbcglobal.net
This book has been a great confidence builder for me. It is another great book of self discovery it has taught me how to deal with life in a positive way with learning how to deal with other people with learning how to deal myself.
Michael David
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a bit overlong and repetitive for my tastes, but I can see why focusing on one single thing and pursuing it fully can create success.
Eric
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A classic. I thought that the better known "The Secret" is a complete ripoff of this less well-known, but much better book.
Jason
Dec 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Loved this: a combination of Think and Grow Rich and The Secret
Sheilah Vance
Oct 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous! So inspiring!
Sophie Ngugi
Reading this for the second time, to feel the power of positive beliefs, the energy that is brought by positive feelings
Randy Eubanks
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! This is one of the first motivational books that I read back in the early 1980's that changed my mindset as far as seeking success. This book addresses the spiritual, mental and financial areas of our lives. The right mental attitude is so important in our present and future success. " Whatever you can visualize-and BELIEVE in-you can accomplish." "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." Our place in life is immensely influenced by out mental attitude. You have to see your ...more
Deanna
Jun 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I had to double check that I was reading the correct book after reading the reviews on Goodreads. This book is very sexist and racist! The whole chapter on using “mental brownies” to fetch information in your mind made my stomach turn. Not to mention the section about racial memory.
Did reviewers not read this?! How disappointing to know other books (the Secret) have used his premise and chose to look the other way.
Kayla Lakings
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
A lot of sweeping generalizations about all of mankind. He seemed to at some points be writing to all spiritualities and then quickly inserting a Christian bible quote.

The last 49 pages literally consist of letters from his adoring fans (with one or two complaints sprinkled in) which I found absolutely hilarious.
Carlos Abrille
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read so many books like this, it became a reminder. What you'll learn, all you have to do in life to achieve what ever you want or need? Is to only think about it, everyday. The longer you think about it, the sooner it will happen. The results and outcome of thinking everyday will lead you to do something, to achieve "it."
Nex Juice
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Another book from The Prosperity Bible that was overly religious and wordy. As we have repeated so many times, it's important to get clear on what you want and stay connected to your goals every single day as often as possible. Take initiative every day toward your goals. One thing at a time.
Cecille
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I can have only one book in my library, this would be it.
Kym Moore
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Inspiring and motivational. Good read!
Onaekeme Ozho
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can't this book be downloaded and read offline?
Mark Pemble
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Your standard self-help book, but with helpful biblical examples which may or may not be taken out of context.
Hearthford Apricot
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A true game changer. Will allow you to break free of the matrix of monotony.
Harel
sure it's basically over 90 years old...but truth has no expiration date
Barbara Mauceri
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

God-centered story of the secrets to man's ascension into existence. Powerful read that always keeps you interested in the next page.
Karl
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As you read more of my book reviews that pertain to the early works in the New Age/New Thought/Law of Attraction genre, you will likely notice a similar theme running through them: I enjoy hearing about, and I resonate with, the message of self-empowerment that these authors all share.

In a world where we place more trust in the material: the world that we perceive through our five senses, authors in the New Age Genre, in this case Robert Collier, share a view that supports a belief in the power
Zaher
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pamela Hamilton
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book started out a little slow for me, perhaps because he went into explanations that I’m so familiar with. However, it then seem to speed up due to the timeless wisdom that he endows through the pages. Collier uses many familiar authors throughout his teachings such as Charles Haanel and Wallace Wattles all great philosophers of the Law of Attraction. This book has much to offer, regardless that it was written in 1926, its words and ideas still apply today.
We still have much to learn
Strings
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had not read any self help literature in a while and had not realized my attitude had shifted somewhat. This book has been a positive influence since I picked up a hardcover 1st edtion of this book. It's right up my alley. In my opinion better and more straightforward than Think and Grow Rich and The Secret. It's a must read for those seeking to lead a life with purpose. You have to apply what the book says..I'm sure I'll have to go back and read it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. R ...more
Shelley
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found these books on my dad's bookcase and was intrigued to read an old work and find out more about what this historical figure, Robert Collier, had to write about many years ago. I found it was a cross between a early version of "The Secret" (although I have not read that book) and a father's letter of advice on how one should think and live in the world in order to find success.

I have so many lessons that I took away from these books and I recommend them if you can find a copy - if not and y
Victoria Cumberbatch
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Couldn't finish and I felt very guilty about it. Way too redundant for me and chapters went on far past their expiration. I learned all his info from other books like convos w god, anything written by Sylvia Browne, Edgar cayce, etc

• The Science of Being Great: The Practical Guide to a Life of Power
  • You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter
  • You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover And Develop Those Riches
  • Thoughts Are Things
  • The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • The Power (The Secret, #2)
  • Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life
Robert Collier was an American author of self-help, and New Thought metaphysical books in the 20th century. He was the nephew of Peter Fenelon Collier, founder of Collier's Weekly. He was involved in writing, editing, and research for most of his life. His book The Secret of the Ages (1926) sold over 300,000 copies during his life. Collier wrote about the practical psychology of abundance, desire, ...more
“The first principle of success is desire - knowing what you want. Desire is the planting of your seed.” 3 likes
“We always place that little word "but" after our wishes and desires, feeling deep down that there are some things too good to be true.” 2 likes