Start by marking “The Two Travelers (Max Quick, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Two Travelers (Max Quick, #2)

The Two Travelers

(The Max Quick Trilogy #2)

Five quiet years have passed in Starland, California since the the time of the Pocket. But when a crazed old man shows up with a warning, Max, Casey, Ian and Sasha suddenly find themselves on the run. Max and Ian go through an Arch back to 1912, where a mysterious Machine is under construction that seems connected to Max’s unremembered secret. Meanwhile, Casey and Sasha fo ...more
Published November 1st 2012 by Mark Jeffrey Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Two Travelers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Two Travelers

Mark
Oct 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Phillip
Nov 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone that likes fantasy/sci-fi
Shelves: alreadyread
As good as I thought the first book was, this book is even better. Many authors have that quality first book, then in their follow on, the quality declines as they grasp for plots to extend the story or start blathering on about their personal preferences for love, life, food choices, political beliefs and all other what not. Mark doesn't.

Instead, this story puts it's foot on the throttle in chapter one, then brings you on a careening, edge of the seat ride right till the very end. A brilliant
Austin
Oct 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Just finished this after re-reading The Pocket and the Pendant ... WOW. This book swallows the first book whole! The leaps from Pocket to Travelers is like the leap from the The Hobbit to Fellowship of the Ring -- it has the same characters, but a much bigger and expanded world and stakes. The writing is much better in this book as well, Mr. Jeffrey has learned a lot since his first outing. He managed to touch on every theme and idea I have an interest in once again, a very philosophical book. A ...more
Lindsay
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, ya
*I received a free copy of this book through GoodReads First Reads in exchange for an honest review.*

If it's possible, the sequel is even better than the first book. I can't wait to see what happens to Max, Casey, Sasha, and Ian in the next book. The imagination it takes to write books like this is extremely rare, and I commend Mark Jeffrey for a job well done!
Ron
Nov 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Jessica
May 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe book two was better than one!!! Disclaimer: I haven't read the revised version of book one.
Sara
Jul 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Awsome
john albarado
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
very well written book great to read
Elizabeth
May 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
The story of Max and his friends progresses a lot in this very rich, inventive and unique sequel.
Sonja
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
great series
Barbara Monk
Such a good book. Great author.
Thomas Roth
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
An awesome tale. I listened on iTunes. Highly recommend.
Swing
Apr 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
GB Banks
Feb 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone, young and old.
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
I had the opportunity to read this book pre-release, a couple of years ago, and it was a wonderful read. An amazing expansion of the world Jeffrey created in The Pocket and the Pendent, the story takes us deeper into the mysterious world of Max Quick and his friends. The characters are richer, the Max universe is wider, and the excitement is greater.

It's been a while since I read this, but I remember being impressed by how well Jeffrey had built upon the first book and how the characters had gro
Cognizance LeeLo
Apr 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all ages!
Recommended to Cognizance by: Mark Jeffrey
What a remarkable universe Jeffrey has developed for our enjoyment! I was able to fall in love with the main characters in the first book, The Pocket and the Pendant, but this one really cemented that feeling. The challenges these kids are faced with are common to every day living, and you really can connect with some of the trials they face. But, just as you feel you understand the world and it's inner workings, Jeffrey takes you for another ride and things are not as they have been... or ever ...more
Jason
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
What an epic! It's like two book in one! I thoroughly enjoyed Max Quick's first outing, and like the first, I thoroughly enjoyed this book as well. If you're a fan of time-hopping adventure, teen angst, megalomaniacal aliens trying to enslave humanity, spaghetti westerns, and mind-bending superpowers of cosmic might!... You should check these books out!
Jon
Aug 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
A good tale, probably better than the first one. While the first one stands on it's own pretty well, this volume really screams out for the sequel. Well worth it if you've already read the first volume and were waiting for more, but if you haven't read volume 1, it might pay to wait until volume 3 is available before starting.
Conrad Chilton
Oct 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Phillip Pullman, Rowling fans
I've waited so long for this one!!!! It just came out last week - I read it in one night! twice as good as the first one (seriously)
Eric
Jun 05, 2009
Nyssa Storm
Aug 22, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• 7th Son: Deceit (7th Son, #2)
  • South Coast (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper)
  • Wasteland
  • Murder at Avedon Hill
  • Eden
  • The Case of the Singing Sword
  • Nina Kimberly the Merciless
  • Digital Magic (Fey #2)
  • How to Succeed in Evil
  • The Rookie (Galactic Football League #1)
  • Morevi: The Chronicles of Rafe and Askana (Book 1)
Mark Jeffrey is a serial entrepreneur and author with Harper Collins.

Most recently, Mark founded Guardian Circle and the $GUARD Token for global decentralized emergency response (One of FAST COMPANY's 'World Changing Ideas' 2018; Winner: CoinAgenda, d10e, LAUNCH Festival; Partner: XPRIZE Foundation; Featured in TRUST MACHINE film (2018))

He is also an early pioneer of blockchain technology, having

The Max Quick Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Pocket and the Pendant (Max Quick, #1)
  • The Bane of the Bondsman (Max Quick, #3)