Start by marking “Green Living For Dummies” as Want to Read:
Green Living For Dummies

Green Living For Dummies

3.29  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Want to do your part to reduce energy consumption, waste, and pollution; clean up the environment, and save the planet? Green Living For Dummies is packed with practical suggestions you can follow to make your lifestyle greener by doing as little damage as possible to the planet and the animal and plant life that depend on it. This practical guide delivers an array of real ...more
Published March 1st 2008 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Green Living For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Living For Dummies

Claire Vanseth
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This book offered some really good suggestions. However, I felt that the target audience was way higher on the SES scale that I am (re-paying student loans is the worst!). Still, a worth-while book.
Teji
May 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Typically for Dummies books aren't really for dummies. This one however covers the kind of topics that only a person living on Mars-- or who is deliberately disengaged from the concept of reduce, reuse, recycle (and therefore wouldn't be reading this book)-- would not know: if your community recycles, you should definitely do it! When you buy new light bulbs, get more efficient ones! If you buy a new appliance, check the EnergyStar rating!

It is high on enthusiasm but it doesn’t provide much in
Krista Bolan
Dec 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: general readers looking for going-green basics
Although this book has some good advice, I found myself disagreeing with some of what it said and thought some of the info contradicted either itself or the idea of living green in its entirety. But there were many good resources in this book and some good general tips that it's good to be reminded of. This would not be my bible for living green, but most people would be better off if they incorporated the bulk of these tips in their lives.
Patty
Feb 11, 2009 rated it liked it
A Dummies Book
While this doesn’t give you much more basic information that you get being raised by a mother who lived during the Great Depression and WWII, it does have lots of websites and covers up-to-date topics. What is good is that it allows you to make small changes as you can, like swapping over light bulbs and appliances as they die. And you can go back to this resource time and again as you want to make additional changes.
Worth a read for the sake of our planet.
Nicholas Whyte
http://nwhyte.livejournal.com/2310652.html[return][return]A nice wee book about how to conserve energy and resources on a personal and household level. I shall start using a shaving mug.
Kim
May 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Okay I will admit that I didn't read all chapters--some don't apply to me since I don't own my own home and don't plan to have one anytime soon. But this book had some remarkably easy ideas of how to do great things for the environment. It also gave some good statistics about recycling and organic food and things. A very inspiring book to me.
Lisa
Feb 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
So far pretty technical not alot of ideas but I have hope After the first 2-3 chapters it got great. Lots of lots of good ideas websites and helpful hints. I can't wait to put some of them into practice
Soapykitty
Oct 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
Perfect for someone (like me!) trying to darken their shade of green.This book is okay and has a lot of information for a newbie (like me,again!)but for someone who knows a lot about it,they might as well skip it.
Shealyn
Apr 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
people should care about the world
Luke Langley
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Helpful book with good ideas on taking care of the environment.
Nelson
Jun 25, 2010 rated it liked it
good referenced book ... like most of the "for Dummies" books.

Many good ideas for people that are getting into the "green" thing.
hissi
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Informated and very well rounded book. Lots of information for someone who has no clue about Savin earth
Maryann

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line
    $13.99 $1.99
  • WEIRD: Because Normal Isn't Working
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Man Who Made Vermeers: Unvarnishing the Legend of Master Forger Han van Meegeren
    $14.99 $1.99