Start by marking “The Ghost of Raven Hill (Raven Hill Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost of Raven Hill (Raven Hill Mysteries, #1)

The Ghost of Raven Hill

(Raven Hill Mysteries #1)

Mystery and adventure are the last things Liz has in mind when she forms Teen Power Inc., Raven Hill High's own job agency. And her friends aren't thinking about them either. All they want to do is make some money.

But mystery and adventure are both in store for the Teen Power gang, as they quickly find out. Very soon, they're up to their necks in trouble and wrestling with
Audio CD
Published January 1st 2005 by Bolinda Publishing (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost of Raven Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost of Raven Hill

Meags
4 Stars

A little story about me...

I wasn't the strongest reader as a young child which caused a lot of anxiety and feelings of inadequacy during my primary school years. (Hell, I even used to fake sickies just so I could avoid going to school on several occasions).

But, thankfully, something special happened when I was about nine years old that impacted my life and helped shape me into the person I am today.

I walked into my school library and found a new release on the shelves called The Ghost of
Sammy
Sep 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
The first of Emily Rodda's 30 book series (initially "Teen Power, Inc." but reprinted as "The Raven Hill Mysteries" introduces the six teenagers who, although very different, develop a friendship and respect as they investigate crimes. This one is told from the point of view of Liz, the kindly, creative member of the six-person gang (each book is told from one of the sextet's point of view) and it's quite an intriguing little mystery, with some great characters and a down-to-earth tone of voice. ...more
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)
I read most (if not all) of the Teen Power Inc books when I was younger and I decided to revisit them now as an adult and I'm really glad I did.

This book is just exactly what I expected and exactly what I wanted.

A fun mystery series for kids that I totally enjoyed.

If you have a child or a niece or nephew or just anyone that you think would enjoy this series then make sure they look for it at their libraries!
Brittany
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This series used to be my favourite when I was in primary school! I managed to track down the first 10 online in my favourite edition too! It felt so nostalgic reading the first book in this series, and quite mature for a kids series. Even at 21, I really enjoyed reading this.
Becky
Apr 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book because it left you guessing through the whole book and then gave you the answer right at the end!! I would recommend this book
Mella
Even though I've been looking for years, I've never managed to track down all 30 of the Teen Power Inc series. I really hope at some point these are released in ebook format. Or reprinted as paperbacks. I'm not really fussed but I would definitely like to read all of them in some format. Still over the years I've read a great many of them and have recently been rereading the ones I have. (And scouring auctions and used bookstores for missing copies.)

Anyway Teen Power Inc is brilliant. They're l
Kat!e Larson
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
This is both exactly what I expected and exactly what I wanted from a book of its kind. A light mystery with a touch of a ghost story. Exactly what it sounds like.

It's definitely not my favorite thing Emily Rodda's ever written, but I continue to appreciate her characters and the simplicity of her writing style. I just feel really satisfied by what I was given, and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Does anyone know why the group is called Teen Power, Inc. in the audiobook, but H
B. R. Kyle (Ambiguous Pieces)
General Observations:
~Nostalgia Goggles: I read these books as a child/teen and I couldn't resist an audio-version of this book. Apparently, the Teen Power Inc. series is being "re-printed" so to speak as audiobooks, which means purchasing the paperbacks can be difficult (I'm sure there's few floating about in op-shops or libraries). I've been a big fan of Emily Rodda's books for a while, The Deltora Quest series was one of the few Young Adult series I enjoyed when I was a young adult. I definit
Debbie Lamb
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great teen read that carried me along very easily. Well written for the age range.
Les Wilson
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
A good book, but defiantly for the teenaged reader.
Vanessa
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Mystery Solvers!
Megan
I always enjoyed this series so much when I was younger.
Georgie
A really fun, exciting read about a bunch of Aussie kids who form a kind of modern day (read 'much cooler') 'Famous Five'. Liz, Tom, Rochelle, Sunny and Nick live in the small Australian town of Raven Hill. One summer, in need of money, they decide to form 'Teen Power Inc' - to get some small time jobs around town.They get a job at local newspaper the Pen, where they're joined by the owner's son Elmo. However, all is not well at the Pen, and someone seems determined to destroy the newspaper. Als ...more
Leanna
Oct 26, 2016 added it
The book I read is the Ghost of Raven Hill and it is written by Emily Rodda. I liked the book because it was mysterious and scary. I didn’t like that people burned down the Pen newspaper building. The main settings of the book is the Glen and the Pen.The main characters in the book is Liz, Tom, Richelle, Elmo, Sunny, and Nick. The main conflicts in the book is when the Glen ghost comes after the gang and when Sunny and Liz was in the Pen when goons set the building on fire. The novel connects to ...more
Susan
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a good children's mystery with a little bit of a ghost story thrown in. Liz and her friends (age 13) need summer jobs and decide to advertise in the paper. They quickly see that Mr. Zimmer, the owner of the paper, needs help. Someone is trying to destroy him. I didn't realize who the real villain was until pretty close to the end.

RL: 4
Lyndal Russell
This book was quite mind boggling and made me think to figure out who did what and when. Even though it might be generalized as a childish book, I actually enjoyed and I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the Teen Power Inc. series.
Mariah H
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure
I really like the teen power series, I hope I can find some more.
Sharni
I'd forgotten exactly how GREAT this series is!
Charmaine Clancy
There are good voices in this novel and it was enjoyable.
Hildaguard  Houdini
I really enjoyed this book and think it's a great debut to the series. The title is a tad misleading as the book focuses more on a different mystery than ghost sightings.
♥Gracie♥
Bookmarker
May 06, 2013
AlexaT
Aug 03, 2016

• Wormwood Mire (A Stella Montgomery Intrigue, #2)
  • Poison Principle
  • Fiddle-back (Stella Street, #2)
  • Far to Go (Margaret Thursday, #2)
  • Girl Detective (Friday Barnes #1)
  • The Wedding Season
  • Tiddas
  • The Fragments
  • Because of You
  • Becoming Kirrali Lewis
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.

Raven Hill Mysteries (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Raven Hill Mysteries, #2)
  • The Disappearing TV Star (Raven Hill Mysteries, #3)
  • Cry of the Cat (Raven Hill Mysteries, #4)
  • Beware the Gingerbread House (Teen Power Inc., #5)
  • Green for Danger (Teen Power Inc., #6)
  • Breaking Point (Teen Power Inc., #7)
  • The Secret of Banyan Bay (Raven Hill Mysteries, #8)
  • The Bad Dog Mystery (Teen Power Inc., #9)
  • Poison Pen (Teen Power Inc., #10)
  • The Missing Millionaire (Teen Power Inc., #11)
“I saw Richelle turn her head to stare at him curiously. She always thought it was odd when people cared a lot about things. Sometimes I’d try and explain it to her.
“It’s like you care about clothes and stuff, Richelle,” I’d say. But then she’d just look at me as if I was odd. That wasn’t something she just cared about. It was life, to her, like breathing in and out. It couldn’t be compared to anything else, in her opinion.”
0 likes
“I trudged down Golden Road in the dark, slipping leaflets under doors, still furious and embarrassed. The gang had felt sorry for me for having to go home. Sunny’s mother after all, had laughed and simply asked her daughter if she had a jacket! I felt like such an overprotected dork.
Still, I had to admit I was tired. My knees were shaking with weariness. By the time I finally reached Golden Pines, I’d almost started to be grateful to Mom for being such a worrywart.”
0 likes