Start by marking “Tender Rebel (Malory Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tender Rebel (Malory Family, #2)

Tender Rebel

(Malory Family #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  13,227 Ratings  ·  369 Reviews
Also see: Alternate Cover Editions for this ISBN [ACE]
ACE #1

Scottish heiress Roslynn Chadwick needs the safety of marriage to protect her from an unscrupulous cousin and from the army of fortune-hunting scoundrels who covet her wealth and beauty. And Anthony Malory is everything she has been warned against.
A ruthless, irresistibly handsome English rogue, Malory's sensu
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published March 29th 2005 by Avon (first published June 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Tender Rebel, please sign up.
shirley fisher Could be stand alone but you'll always wonder. Best read in order as each builds on previous, and knowing the characters adds to the fun.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Emily there are 12 Malory books!

NiCoLeTa E.
Well, well, well...
It was uncle-Tony's turn!!!
And it was really good to see the womaniser Tony to be tamed from a Scottish heiress with quite a temper...

And this book in this series was lovely!!! Even though i still have a preference to Nicholas Eden!!!
I love this guy and the first book was my favorite...

But Tony and Nicholas were similar characters... That's why they don't like each other!!!
And of course the same happened with James... He and Tony are against to Nicholas and believe me when i
Katrina Passick Lumsden
To me, there's nothing at all enjoyable about watching an irrational bitch treat her new husband like shit merely because of the wrongs she's constructed in her head. It goes on seemingly forever, and is justified as her "Scots temper". How thoroughly insulting to Scottish women. There's a difference between having a temper in justifiable circumstances and making things up to justify treating someone badly merely because you wish to. This would have been an enjoyable read if the heroine had been ...more
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance I have been re reading this Malory Anderson series and thought it would be a good idea to review these books as I read them. Tender Rebel is the second book in the series, and what a fun book to read and I loved this one. This is one of my personal favorites to read, although I could say that for many of the books in the series. But I have such fond memories of reading this the first time so many years ago and was quite a blast reconnectin ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is probably one of my favorite Malory books, although I think that Anthony is an absolute cad. He is a complete rake, and he certainly gets hoisted by his own petard when he decides to pursue innocent Rosalyn, who's on the lookout for a husband, not a lover. He's never met a woman like Rosalyn, who is Scottish to her toes, and not one to fall easily for his charms. However, he is a Malory, so she does fall, eventually. But she ends up getting the husband she came looking for.

This book has s
Chrissa Vasileiou
Κανονικά θα έβαζα 4 αστεράκια,μόνο και μόνο γι' αυτό το κακομαθημένο πλάσμα που είναι η πρωταγωνίστρια.. Δεν μιλάμε απλά για Σκωτσέζα με ταμπεραμέντο,αλλά για στενοκέφαλο,πεισματάρικο ον με κοκκινόξανθο μαλλί.. Παρόλα αυτά,ο Άντονι Μάλορι παραήταν τέλειος για να του στερήσω την απόλυτη βαθμολογία!
Στο δεύτερο βιβλίο της σειράς,η Lindsey αφηγείται την ιστορία του Άντονι και της Ρόσλιν,ενώ ταυτόχρονα βλέπουμε το πώς εξελίσσονται κι οι ζωές των υπόλοιπων μελών της οικογένειας. Εξαιρετικά καλογραμμέν
Shelly
Apr 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Reb
Oct 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Ah, the beginning of a huge love affair for me. This is the introduction to my "guilty pleasures'. Books that are pure escapism, a bit cheesy, a bit bawdy, but intoxicating, none the less. I fell in love with the Malory's (Tony in particular).....in fact, I want to be adopted by the Malory family. The men, are strong, and a bit unconventional, and their women, equally unconventional and refreshingly strong and independent. Johanna Lindsay is a great narrator, she entwines the reader into the plo ...more
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
RATING: Welp!....It was a great book for something written in 1988. However, the hero is a dick and the heroine is a bitch. The communication issues were petty AS HECK! I just feel like the plot was hellishly lazy and rather bored me at times and dragged on. The characters were not likeable. They were just insanely rich and so they had the time to listen to no one and act selfish as freak. The beginning was so promising! I rather enjoyed her book "The magic of you" ( i think it's called that) H ...more
Tania Martins
A protagonista feminina Roslynn irritou-me profundamente ao longo de todo o livro, Tony foi mais engraçado e ainda me ri em alguns momentos com ele. Mas primeiro que aqueles dois se entendessem em relação a alguma coisa...
Lia
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historic-romance
I loved the little stubborn scottish !
Maria
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Το πρώτο πράγμα που πρόσεξα όταν έπιασα στα χέρια μου το βιβλίο της Johanna Lindsey “Τυφλή Αφοσίωση”, το οποίο κυκλοφορεί από τις εκδόσεις Elxis, ήταν το συγκλονιστικό εξώφυλλο του. Ιδανικό για την ιστορία του βιβλίου και τους δυναμικούς του ήρωες. Ήρωες που γνώριζα καλά, πολύ πριν τον βιβλίο εκδοθεί στην Ελλάδα.

Η ιστορία του γοητευτικού και άστατου Άντονι Μάλορι είναι τόσο ιδιαίτερη όσο και ο πρωταγωνιστής της. Τον Άντονι τον πρωτογνωρίσαμε, μαζί με τα περισσότερα μέλη της οικογένειας του, στο
Chumchum_88
Aug 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
I was disappointed in this book, I expected more for dear uncle Tony, and I realized from these two first books that there is a pattern, at least one main character is an ass, and in this case it's the dear lady.

I still loved Anthony in here, even thought he acted mean most of the story in retaliation, still I felt him sweet and loving, even in moments when he was giving her a lesson he could help but be tender and devoted to her.

Roslyn in my eyes was a self-centered bitch, I know that I sound m
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Στο δεύτερο βιβλίο της σειράς, τα ερωτικά σκήπτρα της περνάνε στον Άντονι Μάλορι, τον οποίο και γνωρίσαμε μέσα από το "Αγαπάς μόνο μια φορά". Ο Άντονι έχει όλα εκείνα τα στοιχεία που -θεωρητικά- τον καθιστούν ακατάλληλο για μια γυναίκα, όμως παρά του ότι είναι απατεώνας, η γοητεία του είναι κάτι στο οποίο δύσκολα μπορείς να αντισταθείς. Εκτός κι αν είσαι η Ρόσλιν Τσάντγουικ, μια δυναμική Σκοτσέζα που δεν μασάει τα λόγια της, και που προκειμένου να μην παντρευτεί τον υποχθόνιο ξάδερφό της αλλά κα ...more
Susanne
Why was she always so self-centered, never considering anyone's feelings but her own?

Just what I was thinking for the second part of the book. I am so frustrated with this book! I am so glad this is the fourth Malory book I've read because otherwise I might have given up. How can a wonderful author like Johanna Lindsey take to so lovable character and a great villain and screw up the romance?

I love the Malory family as always and I was bouncing up and down in the first part. Anthony is one hot
Meljean Brook
Sep 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ah, a total guilty pleasure, this one. I first read it when I was around twelve (I do a joint review with my inner child here) and it's still one of those books that I can open and lose myself in the sheer crack-tastic awesomeness that was late-80's, early-90's Lindsey.
Sabrina Jeffries
Mar 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I'm cheating here, and I don't like them all equally, but I do love the Mallory's. They're all funny. I especially liked Love Only Once (the first book), Gentle Rogue (my favorite), and The Magic of You (where the heroine chases the hero shamelessly).
Titinha Scaeiro
Opinião, em breve... mas ela irritou-me lol
Canan
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Zeek
This JL re-read surprised me… I remember really digging this one when I was younger. Really diggin it. Now? Eh not so much. And it had a lot to do with the hero... then again, the heroine got on my nerves as well.

So. Many of Lindsey’s early heros get a bad rap for their force and brutish ways and rightfully so. But I can almost handle them better than Lord Anthony Malory- who though not a barbarian, is forceful in his pursuit and relentless seduction. He’s a manho. Plain and simple. And this go
Lee Anne
A pretty cute romance, about a Scottish heiress who flees to London to escape marrying her despicable cousin, and falls under the spell of a confirmed rake. I liked how Lindsey keeps you guessing at what obstacles will keep these two apart; for example, you might think that when the heroine mistakes the hero's nephew for his son, this would cause a rift for a large portion of the plot, but instead the misunderstanding gets cleared up almost right away.

Roslynn has a lot of spunk, though for such
Marlene
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-books

Roslyn is one of the most Unlikeable Romance Heroines Ever.

I would have given this a 4 stars but the heroine Roslyn Chadwick was such a shrew that towards the last third of the book end I wanted either Anthony Malory or her cousin Geordie to give her a good Spanking. The premise of her putting stupid conditions on a marriage and then over reacting at the slightest hint of indrescretion was totally unbelievable and extremely tiresome as the book went on. She was childish and her spending the mon
Magpie67
Loved it for the 3rd or 4th time... I've lost count actully. Still one of my favorites in the series. Now I will have to read book one and then read about Derek and Kelsey again. Who knows I might just re-read them all in 2016.

Yep, read again because it's one of my favs of the series and I just finished the newest in the series. This series and Janet Evanovich's numbers are titles I can read again and again. I borrowed out my book three, so I might re-read book one again. Regina's story featurin
Emma
Hated this.
Possibly my least favorite of the Malory series.
The heroine is so incredibly annoying that I cannot stop rolling my eyes.
The plot is stale, the dialogue boring -- I had such a hard time getting through this, and this review is a reminder to myself to never read it again as the completely forgettable storyline might make me re-read it by accident.
Raine
I have this original cover and I'm so glad I still have it. I loved reading this many years ago and reading it now I still enjoy this story. I love that Johanna Lindsey books have strong heroines that don't cower no matter how alpha their males are and Roslynn is one strong and feisty female.
Yolanda
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
me ha gustado muuucho, Tony Malory es... LOVE. Sus discusiones con su hermano James son...
Nadia
Finally i made to the finish line. I despise the heroin so much that it get on my nerve and spoilt my mood to enjoy the reading. .
J Jahir
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75

Me ha gustado más este segundo libro, al principio me iba pareciendo un poquito lento (tampoco demasiado) pero sin duda, el libro de Antony Malory fue un poco más interesante. La autora sigue recreando muy bien las épocas (y creo que lo hace en todos y cada uno de los libros que conforman la serie), así que su patrón repetitivo es la época y las sociedades. para hacer este tipo de novelas se necesita investigar bastante, y lindsey es aficionada a Inglaterra y su historia.

Me ha caído mejor el
Elia
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Es un libro bonito pero me esperaba más de los dos. Él me pareció demasiado paciente y aburrido y ella muy caprichosa y orgullosa. Las peleas y los distanciamientos se alargan mucho para estirar la novela, cuando tenían la trama del primo de Ros para darle un poco de acción y emoción a la historia. Como en el anterior, James es el que le da gracia a la novela, así que espero que su libro supere mis expectativas.
Ioanna Bouna
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Και το ταξιδι στην Αγγλια του 1800 συνεχιζεται ..σειρα εχει ο γοητευτικος Αντονι Μαλορυ ...Πολυ μου αρεσε αυτος ο τυπος ...η σκωτζεζα συμπαθητικη μεν ,ολιγον υστερικη δε..η ιστορια κυλησε σαν νερακι και χαλαρα συνεχιζω με τον σκληρο τζεημς Μαλορυ ..
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 1 Apr 20, 2016 11:05AM
  • Guardian Angel (Crown's Spies, #2)
  • The Prince's Bride (Effingtons, #4)
  • On a Wicked Dawn (Cynster, #9)
  • Night Fire (Night Trilogy, #1)
  • Until You (Westmoreland, #3)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
  • A Whisper of Roses
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom

Malory Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1)
  • Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3)
  • The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)
  • Say You Love Me (Malory Family, #5)
  • The Present (Malory-Anderson Family, #6)
  • A Loving Scoundrel (Malory-Anderson Family, #7)
  • Captive of My Desires (Malory-Anderson Family, #8)
  • No Choice But Seduction (Malory-Anderson Family, #9)
  • That Perfect Someone (Malory-Anderson Family, #10)
  • Stormy Persuasion (Malory-Anderson Family, #11)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
“Anthony grinned at her, knowing that would probably infuriate her all the more. "My eyes have been a-wandering, as you put it, for the last nineteen years. Give them a rest, Roslynn. They settled on you and don't want to move on.” 39 likes
“Anthony: Now lower your dress a little-
Roslynn: Anthony!
Anthony: This is no time for offended modesty... You're the distraction.
Roslynn: Och, well, in that case.
Anthony: That's quite low enough, my dear...
Roslynn: I was only trying to help,
Anthony: Commendable, but we want the chap to ogle you, not bust his breeches.”
37 likes