Start by marking “Radical Collaboration: Five Essential Skills to Overcome Defensiveness and Build Successful Relationships” as Want to Read:

The second edition of the essential guide, updated with new research and observations to help twenty-first century organizations create models for effective collaboration.

Collaborative skills have never been more important to a company’s success and these skills are essential for every worker today. Radical Collaboration is a how-to-manual for creating trusting, cooperativ
Published December 13th 2005 by Harper Business (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Radical Collaboration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Radical Collaboration

Start your review of Radical Collaboration: Five Essential Skills to Overcome Defensiveness and Build Successful Relationships
Henk Devos
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: professional
I got to know the concepts of this book during a workshop a couple of years ago, and finally got to read it. Some parts are quire boring and repetitive, but the concept of green and red zones is an important concept that everyone should know about.
Maryke Snyman
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
What a remarkable, insightful and useful book. I will certainly be using the tools provided for the rest of my life.
Vanessa Princessa
I read this book thanks to Blinkist.

The key message in this book:

In a globally interconnected world, it’s more important than ever to have good collaboration skills. Therefore, it’s in your best interests to identify the skills that are crucial to establishing and sustaining collaborative relationships. An especially important aspect of this is knowing how to resolve a conflict, which can be done by taking the pulse of every party involved and finding a solution that everyone can agree with – in
Fiona
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
It was OK, felt like there were a lot of fillers here. I did turn some pages to go back and re-read so there is good stuff in here.
Ign33l
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well this was cool tbh, it told me more about myself and how to chill. I read it because i admire my manager and she gave it to me as a gift <3. This made me a better person.
Phil
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
The first half of the Radical Collaboration concentrates on providing skills for dealing with interpersonal conflicts, taking a deep look at the baggage we carry and how it affects our perceptions and reactions. There is a good deal to learn in those chapters about communicating in a fair and dignified manner.

The last half of the book seemed to deal almost entirely with negotiations between organizations. I did take a few lessons from this section, specifically: concentrating on interests instea
Karen
Oct 08, 2007 added it
Awesome for coaching people through this.
Leigh
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-work, non-fiction
It's really jarring to read the sentence 'Perhaps your mother was a real bitch.' in a book like this. =( ...more
Jeannine Lee
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Anything we can learn about how to better communicate is good right? This book has a lot of good information.
Drew Tosh
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Great for Leaders
Beth
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Provides good, applicable insights but the format of the book really bothered me. The callout boxes throughout just repeated an earlier sentence rather than providing new or summarized information.
Vasco Gaspar
Sabrina Pickeral
Sep 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
  • Overcoming the Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Field Guide for Leaders, Managers, and Facilitators
  • Performance Management for Agile Organizations: Overthrowing The Eight Management Myths That Hold Businesses Back
  • The Pope and Mussolini: The Secret History of Pius XI and the Rise of Fascism in Europe
  • The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal
  • Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
  • Welcome Home
  • Going Solo (Roald Dahl's Autobiography, #2)
  • The Happiness Track: How to Apply the Science of Happiness to Accelerate Your Success
  • Kiss & Tell
  • The Technology Fallacy: How People Are the Real Key to Digital Transformation
  • Dark Emu
  • Lizos butas
  • Keep Going: 10 Ways to Stay Creative in Good Times and Bad
  • The Future of Silence: Fiction by Korean Women
  • Who Are You, Really?: The Surprising Puzzle of Personality
  • Holacracy: The New Management System for a Rapidly Changing World
  • 30 Ways to Reboot Your Body: A Complete User Manual for Getting the Most Out of the Human Body