Start by marking “A Regular Flood of Mishap” as Want to Read:
A Regular Flood of Mishap

A Regular Flood of Mishap

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Six-year-old Ima Bean sets off such a flood of mishaps when she tries to help her grandpa that she begins to worry whether she will ever be forgiven.
Published March 1st 1994 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about A Regular Flood of Mishap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Regular Flood of Mishap

The Brothers
Ima Bean starts a chain reaction of mishaps by accidentally breaking Grandpaw Bean's fishing pole (the whole family is named after some sort of bean, e.g. Lima, Chili etc.). So after wreaking her havoc on the entire farm Ima decides to run away, but then learns of the forgiveness of families. Written in a "hick" vernacular that got a little tedious after awhile.

Good illustrations.
Jocelyn
Jan 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is really fun to read with a hillbilly accent. It's fun and cute, and the main message is that you can mess things up royally and your family will still love you. I only rated it 4 instead of 5 because we didn't read it enough times for me to be sure if it was Eleanor's favorite as much as mine.
Cana
Aug 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
Mommy says: Yee-hah! Black clouds fly my troubles in the sky! This kid has more bad luck (despite his good intentions) than a fly in in a black bear's molasses. Mighty fun to read with a good hillbilly accent.
Roseanne Wilkins
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun read-aloud book that teaches you're loved no matter how many mistakes you make. I loved the names of the characters and how the story starts with just one simple mistake and then rolls into a whole mountain of trouble. Highly recommended.
Madison
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
This would be a fun and exciting book to read to children. It shows children that everyone makes mistakes and it's ok
Rima Halig
Apr 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure
Have to read to see how much trouble Ima Bean gets into by messing with her Grandpaws fishing pole. FYI all the family members have some type of bean name in their name, very funny.
Kelly Ann
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The Story of a boy who seems to have everything go wrong so he decides to run away. In the end he realizes that his family will still love him even if he messed everything up.
Joann White
Dec 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Great book about the adventures of a young boy running away from home. Good pictures.
Susanne Davison
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddy-lit
I absoluetly love this book. It's one that even my 24 year old daughter recently requested I read. I love to voice in this story and the tender family love shown to the little girl!
Tina DeBord
Oct 08, 2007
Kareen Warnick
Jul 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Must be read aloud with a thick ol' accent!! This was a favorite of my kids when I was teaching.
Sue
Feb 07, 2015
Elizabeth Thorpe
Feb 23, 2015
Emily
Feb 24, 2008
Paula
Feb 04, 2016
I grew up in North Carolina and Kentucky, an ardent fan of anything that smacked of sports, crawdads, mud balls, forts built in the woods, secret codes, bicycles without fenders, butter pecan ice cream, and snow. I was, however, decidedly uninterested in writing-or any academic aspect of school, for that matter-never imagining that at the age of thirty-five I would become a published author. And y ...more
More about Tom Birdseye...