Start by marking “Wicked Fix (Home Repair is Homicide, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Fix (Home Repair is Homicide, #3)

Wicked Fix

(Home Repair is Homicide #3)

Do-it-yourself killer fixes small-town thug . . .

For ex-Wall Streeter Jacobia Tiptree and her teenaged son, Sam, September promises tranquil days winter-proofing their rambling handyman's special of a home in Eastport, Maine. But there's nothing idyllic about this Down East autumn. For starters, the return of truly vicious native son Reuben Tate stirs up the town. And when
Published April 4th 2000 by Bantam

Start your review of Wicked Fix (Home Repair is Homicide, #3)
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*

I'm not sure why I couldn't get into this one more - the mystery was intricate enough, the suspects led the main on a merry enough chase through the town interviewing....but there seemed to some sense of lack of urgency. I didn't want the innocent guy to stay in jail and be sentenced to prison, but beyond that I couldn't focus on emotions other than the logics of it. It doesn't help that there isn't any humor, relationship spark, and that most of the characters get along so well.

It's an already
Gwen
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ghastly ghostly

Sorry but the overdone description caused me to skim and scan, losing focus. Too many twists and turns made it seem unrealistic to me. SOS
Renee
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I love, love, love Jacobia Tiptree. I love -- in theory -- Easport, Maine, where she lives. (I say "in theory" because I'm pretty sure that, after just one winter there, I'd be begging to go somewhere -- perhaps anywhere -- else.) I love the way Jake keeps working on her very old house, I love the townspeople of Eastport, I love the culture of downeast Maine. And, perhaps above all, I love Sarah Graves for her writing and ideas that have given me all of these things to love.

I'm already reading t
Karen
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Very enjoyable mystery, set in a favorite town of mine, Eastport, Maine!
Margaret
Apr 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found the first two books mildly entertaining. I especially enjoyed the depiction of the setting, Maine. This book may be the last one I bother with from Sarah Graves. The story is a stretch for credulity in a few ways, but my issue with this book is the author’s repeated, completely unnecessary and offensive description of one character in particular.

The plot revolves around a bully and the fallout from being cruel to others. Ms. Graves isn’t satisfied with a transient character being a mean
C
Nov 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, fiction
Jacobia lives in "down east" Maine (across from Campobello Island, NB) in a small fishing/tourist town. Her ex-husband has settled there as well and they are trying to live harmoniously while she fixes up her historic home.

However, Victor (her ex) has been charged with the murder of the town's local bully and Jacobia and friends try to solve the case and prove Victor's innocence.

I liked the descriptions of the town and the surrounding area. It made rural Maine and NB sound so quaint and, if I d
Paulina
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I like this series but I am SO!!!! tired of her ex-husband. Cut the ties already. It makes no sense how this character allows her ex-husband to continue to dominate her life. And he isn't even an interesting character.

If this doesn't scale back, I will have to stop reading this series. Which is unfortunate because, other than that, I enjoy it.
Shirielle
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5

Jacobia “Jake” Tiptree will be experiencing her first Salmon Festival since moving herself and her 17 year-old-son Sam to Eastport, Maine. Ex-husband, Victor Tiptree has moved to Eastport, and Jake has invested in his plans to open a medical center. Things take a turn when Reuben Tate returns to town and Victor is accused of murdering him. With the festival days away, the town has many more visitors and possible suspects, but Victor’s connection with the murder weapons makes him the k
Lynn Pribus
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third in this not-new series I have just discovered and I'm tickled by them. Set in the author's hometown of Eastport, Maine, which is on the coast near the Canadian border. Almost a cozy, but there are bodies and bad guys.

Written with charm, with what one of my writers' groups used to disparage as "chicheys" (chiches) but they are always in dialogue, and occasional (and I'm sure deliberate) overblown adverbs, ("she said worriedly and he replied worriedly").

I guess I'd term it a tong
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

Reuben Tate, Eastport bad boy and all around troublemaker has come back. He has no friends just plenty of enemies. Reuban is found dead shortly after his arrival and the number one suspect is Victor!

Victor is arrested and put in jail. Jacobia knows Victor did not kill him and sets out with help from her friend Ellie to find out who really killed Reuban (and Weasle). So many people have motive and someone is also trying to scare Jacobia into stop looking for the real killer.

This is book three i
Beverly
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, cozies
Enter Stage Left one Reuben Tate, Eastport's worst bad seed and bully. He's been away for awhile but since it's the yearly Salmon Festival he has decided to come back to his home town. Unfortunately for the entire town, this isn't just a friendly visit to say 'hi' to everyone. Instead he's here for a more nefarious reason and one that is going to lead Jacobia Tiptree into a web of horror unlike any she has ever witnessed before.

Sarah Graves can weave a tale with twists and turns that take the re
Carlin
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
I adore this wonderful mystery series. I know I've read many of these books in the past (before I began using Goodreads) but this one was definitely new to me, and such fun! The team of Jacobia "Jake" and her friend Ellie are great sleuths. The other characters are also fully realized. The mystery in this case had its roots in Eastport, Maine's past when those who lived there as children were bullied by Reuben Tate. Reuben has returned to the island stirring up old ghosts. When Jake and Ellie fi ...more
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was almost a 3 star. It’s just not quite there for me yet. There’s SO much going on in this book, in all different directions. Then we get so many new characters with not much of a description or back story.. or much of a feel from our main character. Then they all just kind of blend together or you forget about them.

It was a good story to tell but it was just SO dragged out that I found myself zoning out at parts. Then something would happen and I’d have to back track because I had no idea
Kathy
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I wanted to read this before I sent in on to someone who wanted it. This is the 3rd in a series, I think I have read a couple of others. I don't care that much about it, guess I am just not into her fixing up her house all the time.

In this book Jacobia's ex husband is accused of murdering a man in a very violent way. Because she still has financial investments involving him, she and her friend set about investigating who really killed the man and why. Could be because he had been a rotten, evil
Peter Barr
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wicked Fix is the third in the Jacobia Tiptree series by Sarah Graves. Jacobia Tiptree is renovating an old house in easternmost coastal Maine. She has friends and family and solves murders that fall in her lap. This one has her ex-husband arrested for a gruesome homicide of a bad character who had returned recently to town. Jacobia Tiptree has to find out the killer to save her nest egg which is tied up in her ex-husband's business. It is a pretty good read.
Tina
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy, mystery
Jacobia (Jake) Tiptree and her gal pal Ellie are once again thrust into a murder mystery in the small Maine town of Eastport. The victim is a man everyone in town hated, and the prime suspect is Jake's ex-husband, Victor.
Tim Dooley
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another enthralling book...

I've read the first three books in A Home Repair is Homicide series and have enjoyed them. I'm very pleased to need to spend several hours to read each rather than finishing them under an hour as is the case with many cozies. Thank you, Sarah!
Traci Haley
I found the plot of this one a little muddled. Too many characters with too many connections to juggle. That being said, I'm still enjoying the series as an easy read and I look forward to seeing what happens next.
Rhonda Pennington
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio
A good book to listen to on the road. Not too deep, but there are a lot of characters (suspects). I made myself a cheat sheet to look at before I began each listening session. I was interested enough to listen, but not too distracted to drive.
Gloria Brzny
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
this book is part of the home repair, this book was not as good as the other n this series. it was slow-moving and really did not start getting interesting until 80% of the book was read. the reveal was the best part of this book.
Tina Miller
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
So far, so good ... nothing repetitive about the plots and the characters keep changing and growing.
Rhonda
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good
Trudy Gleason
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book, I feel sorry for the little girl.
Victoria
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Some of it I had figured out early one, and one or two things I didn't but I do like these for work on audio.
Jean Bolan
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
A typical Sarah Graves: the usual formula but fun.
Ed Graves
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read

Entertaining and with a great cast of characters that kept engaged with the story. I enjoy Sarah Graves style of writing.
Marcia Frederick
Twista and Turns!!

Excellent read! Complex plot line tied up with well developed characters! It was hard to put down, so I didn't!
Susan Beyerle
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun, light, like the main character
Dianne
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good progress on the characters.
Krystle
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Pretty entertaining read
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Play Book Tag: Wicked Fix - Sarah Graves - 4 stars 1 12 Jul 11, 2016 06:21PM

• Buried to the Brim (Hat Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Bookmarked for Death (Booktown Mystery, #2)
  • Bran New Death (Merry Muffin Mystery, #1)
  • Book Clubbed (Booktown Mystery, #8)
  • Guidebook to Murder (A Tourist Trap Mystery #1)
  • Sentenced to Death (Booktown Mystery, #5)
  • A Field Guide to Homicide (Cat Latimer Mystery #6)
  • A Stitch in Crime (Crochet Mystery, #4)
  • Poisoned Pages (Booktown Mystery, #12)
  • Bookplate Special (Booktown Mystery, #3)
  • A Deadly Grind (Vintage Kitchen Mystery, #1)
  • Bowled Over (Vintage Kitchen Mystery, #2)
  • Framed in Lace (A Needlecraft Mystery, #2)
  • Murder is Binding (Booktown Mystery, #1)
  • Claw Enforcement (Second Chance Cat Mystery #7)
  • Assault & Beret (Hat Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos (Meg Langslow, #3)
  • Holiday Grind (Coffeehouse Mystery, #8)
Sarah Graves lives with her husband John, a musician and luthier, and their black Labrador Retriever in a house very much like the one Jacobia Tiptree is remodeling in Eastport, Maine. When she's not writing Jake's adventures, Sarah works with her husband on the house and she plays the 5-string banjo.

Home Repair is Homicide (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Dead Cat Bounce (Home Repair is Homicide, #1)
  • Triple Witch (Home Repair is Homicide, #2)
  • Repair to Her Grave (Home Repair is Homicide, #4)
  • Wreck the Halls (Home Repair is Homicide, #5)
  • Unhinged (Home Repair is Homicide, #6)
  • Mallets Aforethought (Home Repair is Homicide, #7)
  • Tool and Die (Home Repair is Homicide, #8)
  • Nail Biter (Home Repair is Homicide, #9)
  • Trap Door (Home Repair is Homicide, #10)
  • The Book of Old Houses (Home Repair is Homicide, #11)