Start by marking “Something Might Happen” as Want to Read:
Something Might Happen

Something Might Happen

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Twitchly Fidget won’t shampoo, eat his cereal, or put on his sneakers. He won’t even go to a parade (what if he got sucked up into a trombone?) or a marshmallow roast (might he get stuck?) or a Fourth of February party (would he be buried in confetti?). In Twitchly’s imagination, each opportunity poses the threat of disaster. So he just sits alone in his dreary, windowless ...more
Published September 29th 2003 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Something Might Happen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something Might Happen

Suzanne Kunz Williams
Twitchly Fidget missed a lot of things in life because he was scared that something might happen. And then one day his world changed.

**Talking Points - how many fun and worthwhile things do we miss in life because we think that something might happen? How often do things like that really happen? What kinds of things are you missing because something might happen? Isn't it about time to stop missing them? How can you be the person to encourage people to set aside their fears long enough to try so
Rainey
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Poor little guy- so much anxiety.
Melanie
Twitchly Fidget is convinced something bad is going to happen to him. If he eats his cereal he might scare himself with the crunch, jump up and hit himself with the lamp. You never know. His friends invite him out for a parade but Twitchly is worried he might get hit with a drumstick. Then there's the marshmallow roast but what if he got marshmallow on his shirt and then got stuck to another lemur? The invites keep coming, but Twitchly keeps declining.

Then one day his aunt shows up. She is none
Michelle
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Twitchy Fidget the lemur is terrified of life. His house in unenterable (and unexitable), he doesn't eat, he doesn't wash, he doesn't do anything! All because something might happen. All of that changes, however, when Twitchy gets a visit from his Aunt Bridget.

I liked this book, the fun ways in which Twitchy imagines what can go wrong are hilarious. I'm not sure how I would use this in a classroom, but I would definitely use it with my kids to teach about trying new things and just for entertain
babyhippoface
Dec 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Life is hard when you're scared of everything. EVERYTHING. I can't go outside, because something might happen. I can't climb that tree, because something might happen. I can't try a new food, because something might happen. This is great book to share with the little scaredy-cats and worry-warts in your life.
Tricia
Aug 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Lemur main character was instantly attractive thanks to King Julian from Madagascar. Twitchly lives in fear of everything...refusing to enjoy life at all until Aunt Bridget Fidget comes to visit and tricks him...err, opens his eyes!
Alana Graham
Apr 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
I didn't think this story does a good job of reaching the reader. The things that the main character is afraid of are completely silly without being funny. I does send a good message however. Readers will see the importance of taking risks and not letting worries get in the way of having fun.
Jenna's Mom
Jul 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: kids 5 and up
I don't think Jenna was thrilled with this book. I think it was a little too old for her. I like the theme - living your life instead of being scared to live your life. I would like to try it again with her when she's a bit older.
Dana Jones
Aug 28, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: age 4 to 8
Shelves: childrensbooks
A great read-aloud book. You can be very dramatic and funny with this one about a lemur who is afraid of EVERYTHING. My kids love it when I affect my hysterically afraid voice for the Twitchly character. Also has a nice lesson about facing fears. Would compliment Wemberly Worried by Henkes
Mandy
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Twitchly Fidget the lemur is afraid that something terrible could happen if he does things such as wash his hair, eat cereal, wear shoes, or leave his house. His lemur friends constantly ask him to join their fun, but he fears something might happen.
The Brothers
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aunts, lemurs, phobias
Twitchly Fidget is one paranoid lemur. He doesn't do anything because he's afraid some thing might happen to him. One day an aunt comes for a visit and show Twitchly that the world isn't as scary as the thought.

Really fun illustrations.
Mary
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Twitchly is too scared to do much of anything until his Aunt Bridget Fidget drops in for a visit. An endearing picture book, similar to Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes, about facing one's fears.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
They're certainly using exotic animals in picture books these days! This one is about a lemur with unreasonable fears.
Philip Henry
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fantastic and fun book about facing fears/anxiety. The author uses humorous scenarios to illustrate Itchy's fears. This is an appropriate book to use with young readers for bibliotherapy.
Nora
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jp
I like how the little lemur was forced to deal with his fears & was much happier as a result. A good book for worriers.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
worrying about what may happen causes you to do nothing
Sherie
Jun 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
I have a daughter that has a lot of fears. This is a great book for children to understand that things usually aren't as bad as they seem.
Linda
Jan 24, 2011
Jen
Jul 21, 2009
Hannah Jane
rated it did not like it
Nov 05, 2013